PDA

View Full Version : Woj: players believe restarting season would distract the public from systemic racism

STATUTORY
06-13-2020, 09:05 AM
https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1271543611201593344

One respected NBA player tells me: “Once we start playing basketball again, the news will turn from systemic racism to ‘who did what’ in the game last night. It’s a crucial time for us to be able to play and blend that to impact what’s happening in our communities.”

are you getting this yet?! we WOKE! :lebronamazed::kobe:

any guess who this respected player could be?

ELITEpower23
06-13-2020, 09:09 AM
*Kyrie holding out for KD to potentially return for the season, says nothing about not wanting to play

KD announcement: I not returning this year

Kyrie: Sorry guys, I cant play ball right now.

:lol He was just waiting for KD's decision

Im so nba'd out
06-13-2020, 09:10 AM
Carmelo Anthony

The same guy who did anything to get back in the league is willing to give it up for something bigger than basketball

https://media1.giphy.com/media/lEVZJzy4w15qE/giphy-downsized-large.gif

TheImmortal
06-13-2020, 09:43 AM
Thats what I've been saying.. but kblaze and the powers that be do not want such comments to be made. Meanwhile for decades they've allowed overt racism on ISH. smh

warriorfan
06-13-2020, 10:09 AM
#ForGeorge

Patrick Chewing
06-13-2020, 10:17 AM
Why can't they just shut up and dribble?

tpols
06-13-2020, 10:18 AM
Carmelo Anthony

The same guy who did anything to get back in the league is willing to give it up for something bigger than basketball

https://media1.giphy.com/media/lEVZJzy4w15qE/giphy-downsized-large.gif

he's pulling a kaepernick

ArbitraryWater
06-13-2020, 10:20 AM
Yea, players from the non contenders :D

This whole thought is peak stupidity

They wanna go on strike because of a dumb cop who was convicted? Lol

Whoah10115
06-13-2020, 10:21 AM
I don't like Kaepernick. Wrong messenger and all that. But he at least believed in what he was saying.

Kyrie doesn't even believe that he thought the Earth was flat.

ralph_i_el
06-13-2020, 10:45 AM
The best way to prevent systematic racism is to stop a bunch of young black men from making millions of dollars in one of our society's most honored professions.

PP34Deuce
06-13-2020, 10:55 AM
Lol gtfoh. NBA players have the most individual freedom of every professional sport. NBA owners are a lot more progressive than nfl and mlb. Dont let sterling Dolan fool you. While top teams have stayed in shape... bottom feeder teams havent played seriously and dont care because they are young

FKAri
06-13-2020, 12:42 PM
The best way to prevent systematic racism is to stop a bunch of young black men from making millions of dollars in one of our society's most honored professions.

Basketball's considered an honored profession? :oldlol:

Lebron23
06-13-2020, 02:12 PM
Yea, players from the non contenders :D

This whole thought is peak stupidity

They wanna go on strike because of a dumb cop who was convicted? Lol

Best posts so far in this thread.

bullettooth
06-13-2020, 02:13 PM
LeMao wants none of this discussion, LOL. Either he gets paid or stands up for racial equality.....

Lebron23
06-13-2020, 02:15 PM
LeMao wants none of this discussion, LOL. Either he gets paid or stands up for racial equality.....

He wants to win 4th finals MVP. And all of them are going to be tested in florida.

warriorfan
06-13-2020, 02:15 PM
Best posts so far in this thread.

You will report me for making fun of your eyes but you won’t stand with BLM? You only fight racism when it’s convenient for you. Shutting down the season is the right thing to do. #ForGeorge

Lebron23
06-13-2020, 02:18 PM
You will report me for making fun of your eyes but you won’t stand with BLM? You only fight racism when it’s convenient for you. Shutting down the season is the right thing to do. #ForGeorge

George already get the justice he deserved. His killer is now in Jail.

bullettooth
06-13-2020, 02:19 PM
He wants to win 4th finals MVP. And all of them are going to be tested in florida.

You and LeBron care more about trivial shit than the BLM movement. Congrats, you're a soulless ghoul on top of being a Bran dickrider.

Lebron23
06-13-2020, 02:27 PM
You and LeBron care more about trivial shit than the BLM movement. Congrats, you're a soulless ghoul on top of being a Bran dickrider.
I just wants to watch the nba again.

Goldrush25
06-13-2020, 02:58 PM

So what, we're just going to shut down the NBA until systemic racism is over?

Let me tell you what's going to happen. In December when it's time to play again and there's still systemic racism and coronavirus, Kyrie's going to be ready to play.

Kyrie is a pseudo-intellectual poser. Actually listen to him speak. He's an idiot.

DoctorP
06-13-2020, 03:01 PM
This is such a Kyrie thing. It's the perfect reason why he is the NBAPA leader :lol

AlternativeAcc.
06-13-2020, 03:04 PM
Everything is rasict and offensive.

Not enough black people in an industry, racist. Too many black people in an industry where they all make millions, racist.

The world is out to get black people and we need to talk about it 24/7 and destroy the planet in the process.

Im so nba'd out
06-13-2020, 03:40 PM
Everything is rasict and offensive.

Not enough black people in an industry, racist. Too many black people in an industry where they all make millions, racist.

The world is out to get black people and we need to talk about it 24/7 and destroy the planet in the process.

https://i.postimg.cc/SRjNfsnH/image.gif

now thats better....

Marchesk
06-13-2020, 07:19 PM
Thats what I've been saying.. but kblaze and the powers that be do not want such comments to be made. Meanwhile for decades they've allowed overt racism on ISH. smh

This site is structurally racist and should be shut down until there's a vaccine and Simon admits MJ is the Goat.

ArbitraryWater
06-13-2020, 07:30 PM
George already get the justice he deserved. His killer is now in Jail.

Bingo.

HylianNightmare
06-13-2020, 07:47 PM
Humanity sucks

ralph_i_el
06-13-2020, 10:47 PM
Basketball's considered an honored profession? :oldlol:

People literally lose their shit when they see NBA players in public. Many people idolize them. What does honor look like to you?

ImKobe
06-14-2020, 07:42 AM

He's done a lot for the black community but at the end of the day, he has more to lose/gain from this situation than anyone else. This is one of his last opportunities at winning a championship and there's obviously a lot of money at stake as well.

Gimmedarock
06-14-2020, 02:02 PM
Got to shut it down. Can’t be sports to distract from the issues at hand. If it takes a year or 5 years, the players should stand up and not play. No sports until America is changed.

dreamshake
06-14-2020, 03:40 PM
Got to shut it down. Can’t be sports to distract from the issues at hand. If it takes a year or 5 years, the players should stand up and not play. No sports until America is changed.

Amen. Preach on!

No coronavirus vaccine, no safety.
No justice, no sports.

dreamshake
06-15-2020, 03:07 PM

LeMao Jang

dreamshake
06-20-2020, 03:16 PM
Why can't they just shut up and dribble?

He is doing that already.