PDA

View Full Version : Why have a 5 month layoff?

Walk on Water
06-13-2020, 07:29 PM
The pandemic has not changed. So what’s the difference between starting now or 3 months ago? And now it’s not even about the pandemic, it’s about social justice. That’s weird. How do you go from a 3 month pandemic to all about social justice overnight?

The NBA could have just played the games without fans. It’s not like if they start in August that all the players are gonna follow the rules.

None of this makes sense. The virus hasn’t changed.

ArbitraryWater
06-13-2020, 07:34 PM
They could start now but waste 6 weeks

HylianNightmare
06-13-2020, 07:49 PM
Double

HylianNightmare
06-13-2020, 07:50 PM
I also think be very interesting when the 1st professional athlete whether it's basketball football whatever dies from Corona then we will truly see how different these contacts sports are going to be going forward

StrongLurk
06-13-2020, 09:25 PM
I actually agree with OP. Restarting the "season" and altered playoffs is very dumb. If anything, your chances of catching covid-19 are higher NOW than ever before due to way more economic and public activity.

Walk on Water
06-14-2020, 03:41 AM
I actually agree with OP. Restarting the "season" and altered playoffs is very dumb. If anything, your chances of catching covid-19 are higher NOW than ever before due to way more economic and public activity.

Yea. So why are they starting up again? If the virus is declining than fine, but it’s not the case.

Axe
06-14-2020, 04:18 AM
Idk what's worse. Lockout or this.

oldtimer28
06-14-2020, 06:07 AM
The pandemic has not changed. So what’s the difference between starting now or 3 months ago? And now it’s not even about the pandemic, it’s about social justice. That’s weird. How do you go from a 3 month pandemic to all about social justice overnight?

The NBA could have just played the games without fans. It’s not like if they start in August that all the players are gonna follow the rules.

None of this makes sense. The virus hasn’t changed.

The pandemic situation has changed a lot.

1. Not as deadly as initially feared.
2 people and medical systems more prepared.

Still a risk and I understand your point but it is a very different situation now.