PDA

View Full Version : Protesters burn Atlanta Wendy’s where cops fatally shot Rayshard Brooks

jstern
06-14-2020, 02:34 AM
Protesters set fire Saturday to the Atlanta Wendy’s where, the night before, a black suspect was shot dead as he fired at two white cops with a stolen police Taser.

Angry crowds protesting the racially charged shooting of Rayshard Brooks, a 27-year-old father of four from Atlanta, also shut down an interstate highway.

Crowds of several hundred had gathered outside the fast-food restaurant all day Saturday, but began breaking windows of the establishment after sunset, the Atlanta Journal-Constitution reported.

https://nypost.com/2020/06/14/protesters-burn-atlanta-wendys-where-cops-fatally-shot-rayshard-brooks/

Here's the shooting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DOiKgmCJwls

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=osqCKSUfpOI

1987_Lakers
06-14-2020, 03:42 AM
Wendy's released their surveillance. Apparently the guy stole one of the cops tasers and shot it at one of the cops while running away which resulted in the suspect getting shot.

jstern
06-14-2020, 04:47 AM
This Wendy's was black owned. And on June 6 Wendy's donated half a million dollars to support black communities. https://www.squaredealblog.com/homewendys/wendys-to-donate-500k-to-support-black-communities?utm_source=google&utm_medium=paid-search&utm_campaign=social-justice&utm_content=2020-social-justice-get-the-facts&gclid=CjwKCAjwlZf3BRABEiwA8Q0qq4SGC6pt2Dykb6MrGuxU 7tkOP8oSBdftDvUcYFils_nGUcbL_-uPchoC-mAQAvD_BwE

Martin Luther King was a very high IQ individual, while this is being led by morons. All this is doing is turning off neutral whites off to the cause of BLM, leading them to vote for Trump. All this destruction for an intoxicated guy, who wrestle and punched a cop, stole their taser. Not a very sympathetic, innocent individual.

I read one comment that basically read like, "Omg, that poor man, that poor baby, he must of been so scared." That person can't think straight, a sort of tunnel vision of a fanboy, which can make such people feel like their on a mission from god when they burn down a building or something. To them that "poor baby" is the equivalent of an innocent little boy just minding his business.

diamenz
06-14-2020, 06:44 AM
why burn the wendy's? just ruining more black single mothers' lives that worked there.

iamgine
06-14-2020, 07:10 AM
What was he getting handcuffed for? As far as I can tell, he's sort of tipsy and slept in his car in front of Wendy's. That's about it. Were they giving him a ride home or something?

Hittin_Shots
06-14-2020, 07:17 AM
What was he getting handcuffed for? As far as I can tell, he's sort of tipsy and slept in his car in front of Wendy's. That's about it. Were they giving him a ride home or something?

Read somewhere he was asleep in the drive through not a parking spot.

Im so nba'd out
06-14-2020, 07:58 AM
This Wendy's was black owned. And on June 6 Wendy's donated half a million dollars to support black communities. https://www.squaredealblog.com/homewendys/wendys-to-donate-500k-to-support-black-communities?utm_source=google&utm_medium=paid-search&utm_campaign=social-justice&utm_content=2020-social-justice-get-the-facts&gclid=CjwKCAjwlZf3BRABEiwA8Q0qq4SGC6pt2Dykb6MrGuxU 7tkOP8oSBdftDvUcYFils_nGUcbL_-uPchoC-mAQAvD_BwE

Martin Luther King was a very high IQ individual, while this is being led by morons. All this is doing is turning off neutral whites off to the cause of BLM, leading them to vote for Trump. All this destruction for an intoxicated guy, who wrestle and punched a cop, stole their taser. Not a very sympathetic, innocent individual.

I read one comment that basically read like, "Omg, that poor man, that poor baby, he must of been so scared." That person can't think straight, a sort of tunnel vision of a fanboy, which can make such people feel like their on a mission from god when they burn down a building or something. To them that "poor baby" is the equivalent of an innocent little boy just minding his business.

Neutral whites are just as bad as the racist whites...A father who watches for years as his wife physically abuse his child is just as bad as the parent who did the abusing......in other words.....fk em

we dont give a fk about turning them racist....fk em

Patrick Chewing
06-14-2020, 09:38 AM
Can you imagine if he would have just complied. He would be home with his family today.

But this thing that Blacks have about resisting arrest and running from the cops perplexes me. All you’ve done is increased the likelihood of it resulting in your death.

Hey Yo
06-14-2020, 09:38 AM
Wendy's released their surveillance. Apparently the guy stole one of the cops tasers and shot it at one of the cops while running away which resulted in the suspect getting shot.
Yep....... what if cop gets tased, goes down and suspect goes for the cop's firearm??

I can definitely see both sides of the argument here.

Hey Yo
06-14-2020, 09:41 AM
Can you imagine if he would have just complied. He would be home with his family today.

But this thing that Blacks have about resisting arrest and running from the cops perplexes me. All you’ve done is increased the likelihood of it resulting in your fatality.

The counter argument would probably be ..... "I have a better chance of living if I run and a better chance of dying while in custody"

Hittin_Shots
06-14-2020, 10:21 AM
The counter argument would probably be ..... "I have a better chance of living if I run and a better chance of dying while in custody"

That belief may explain some of the deaths in custody?

bluechox2
06-14-2020, 12:12 PM
Well if you grabbed the taser.. what you think you left the cop to grab to stop you

AlternativeAcc.
06-14-2020, 12:28 PM
Every time a black person dies for being an idiot these animals will protest and burn shit down?

At what point do we just start arresting anyone involved with this ridiculous movement and get these animals off the streets?

The Hick
06-14-2020, 01:10 PM
Anyone who parks their car in a drive thru and goes to sleep should be shot on sight no matter what color they are.

Amirite? Who's with me?

Phong
06-14-2020, 01:22 PM
A black guy steals a taser, shoots it at white cops and dies. Then more blacks burn down a black-owned Wendy's in retaliation?

:yaohappy:

dreamshake
06-14-2020, 01:25 PM
A black guy steals a taser, shoots it at white cops and dies. Then more blacks burn down a black-owned Wendy's in retaliation?

Sorry but a Caucasian owns the Wendy company. That black owner was just an employee at one of its restaurants. At the end of the day, Wendy's owners take the biggest L. The expenses come out of the white man's pockets.

The Hick
06-14-2020, 01:26 PM

Seems fair to me. If you are going to burn down a place, at least do it to your own people so the others don't get mad

Patrick Chewing
06-14-2020, 01:28 PM
Sorry but a Caucasian owns the Wendy company. That black owner was just an employee at one of its restaurants. At the end of the day, Wendy's owners take the biggest L.

The **** did you just type??

Phong
06-14-2020, 01:32 PM
The **** did you just type??

He's an idiot who doesn't know how franchises work. :oldlol:

AlternativeAcc.
06-14-2020, 01:34 PM

:roll:

The Hick
06-14-2020, 01:38 PM
I'll take a #9 with a Dr. Pepper and a large franchise.

Hittin_Shots
06-14-2020, 01:52 PM

He has to be someones parody alt right?

ELITEpower23
06-14-2020, 02:55 PM

:roll:

ELITEpower23
06-14-2020, 02:55 PM
He has to be someones parody alt right?

Thats what I'm trying to figure out. He has to be a troll at this point, right??? I await his response in the COVID thread to shore things up.

dude77
06-14-2020, 04:49 PM
Sorry but a Caucasian owns the Wendy company. That black owner was just an employee at one of its restaurants. At the end of the day, Wendy's owners take the biggest L. The expenses come out of the white man's pockets.

is it really an L ? lol they could have that restaurant back up in a week if they wanted to .. probably will have it back up in a couple weeks

BigKobeFan
06-14-2020, 05:03 PM

This basement dweller doesnt know what a franchise is

RRR3
06-14-2020, 05:19 PM
A white lady burned down the Wendy's but Phong won't let that stop him from finding new ways to hate Black people!

https://twitter.com/fight4freedom72/status/1272028449570320385

dreamshake
06-14-2020, 05:32 PM
A white lady burned down the Wendy's but Phong won't let that stop him from finding new ways to hate Black people!

He and Chewing will now avoid this thread like the coronavirus.

Long Duck Dong
06-14-2020, 05:39 PM

The white leftard must not have done a very good job since the black guy in the black hoodie had to come in and light the place up with a molotov

https://mobile.twitter.com/ImKingFola/status/1271983088420163584

I gotta admit. The drumline in the background going off as they destroy Wendy's is epic :roll:

Lebron23
06-14-2020, 05:44 PM
Prayers for Hotlantafan

RRR3
06-14-2020, 05:45 PM
The white leftard must not have done a very good job since the black guy in the black hoodie had to come in and light the place up with a molotov

I gotta admit. The drumline in the background going off as they destroy Wendy's is epic :roll:
You gonna be ok, slugger?

ELITEpower23
06-14-2020, 05:49 PM

Why did she burn it dowm tho? For WHICH movement?

Phong
06-14-2020, 05:49 PM

I gotta admit. The drumline in the background going off as they destroy Wendy's is epic :roll:Too easy. :roll:

Here's the footage of the white lady, and not a misleading picture. She actually doesn't set anything on fire.

https://youtu.be/0psEGXHVl_g

RRR3 is a loser and will always be a loser. :oldlol:

Phong
06-14-2020, 05:51 PM
He and Chewing will now avoid this thread like the coronavirus. I'm right here. Do you want to explain to us how the franchise system works and who lost money in that fire? :oldlol:

Long Duck Dong
06-14-2020, 05:51 PM
You gonna be ok, slugger?

I'm laughing in your quote Mr. Serious

https://i.imgur.com/4EoGOxT.jpg

RRR3
06-14-2020, 05:55 PM
Damn, Phong SPRINTING in here. My posts are a bat signal for the poor fella.

Phong
06-14-2020, 05:58 PM
Damn, Phong SPRINTING in here. My posts are a bat signal for the poor fella.
Your stench is always a precursor to some ISH poster humiliating you. Never fails. :oldlol:

JohnnySic
06-14-2020, 06:05 PM
What was the point of burning down the Wendy's? Did Wendy's employees kill that guy? :oldlol:

RRR3
06-14-2020, 06:09 PM
https://i.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/001/096/564/2f7.jpg
Every post :roll:

Phong
06-14-2020, 06:20 PM
What was the point of burning down the Wendy's? Did Wendy's employees kill that guy? :oldlol: The dindu nuffins, having never worked a day in their lives and severely lacking an education, saw Wendy's and immediately thought "Wendy's --> corporation --> evil". So they had to take down this symbol of "oppression".

Like dreamshake, they don't know how franchises work and that a black guy poured his life savings to open this Wendy's. :oldlol:

AlternativeAcc.
06-14-2020, 06:24 PM
Your stench is always a precursor to some ISH poster humiliating you. Never fails. :oldlol:

:roll::roll:

HylianNightmare
06-14-2020, 07:00 PM

But this thing that Blacks have about resisting arrest and running from the cops perplexes me. All you’ve done is increased the likelihood of it resulting in your death.

Exactly. Theres still plenty of cases where they listen and die but it's way less

Patrick Chewing
06-14-2020, 07:44 PM
I'm right here. Do you want to explain to us how the franchise system works and who lost money in that fire? :oldlol:

Has he figured it out yet?? LOL what an idiot :oldlol:

ELITEpower23
06-14-2020, 07:46 PM
Has he figured it out yet?? LOL what an idiot :oldlol:

:lol

Dreamshake, this is for you pal.

You're welcome.

"How Does a Franchise Work"
https://bizfluent.com/how-does-4911632-a-franchise-work.html

Read it, learn up and get back to us.

AlternativeAcc.
06-14-2020, 07:49 PM
Why did dreamshake dissappear from this thread?

ELITEpower23
06-14-2020, 08:48 PM
Why did dreamshake dissappear from this thread?

He's still reading up on what Franchises are :lol

bladefd
06-14-2020, 09:04 PM

I didn't understand that either. The cop have been like "Call a friend or relative to come pick you up. Either that or you can spend the night in jail. You choose but you are not getting back in your car." Or even offer a ride home if cop is nice.

That is the rational peaceful outcome to this. It never should have escalated to resisting arrest, police chase, taser and shooting..

senelcoolidge
06-14-2020, 09:16 PM
Why fight with cops and take one of their weapons..that's a recipe for death. This guy was an idiot. Had he not resisted he would be alive today. Had George Floyd returned those cigarettes he stole he would still be alive today. Just dumb decisions.

dreamshake
06-14-2020, 09:17 PM
Why fight with cops and take one of their weapons..that's a recipe for death. This guy was an idiot. Had he not resisted he would be alive today. Had George Floyd returned those cigarettes he stole he would still be alive today. Just dumb decisions.

The guy was drunk. They should have standard protocol of knowing how to subdue a drunk person without killing him. But it’s easier to just shoot them, lazy ass racist cops.

Long Duck Dong
06-14-2020, 09:20 PM
I didn't understand that either. The cop have been like "Call a friend or relative to come pick you up. Either that or you can spend the night in jail. You choose but you are not getting back in your car." Or even offer a ride home if cop is nice.

That is the rational peaceful outcome to this. It never should have escalated to resisting arrest, police chase, taser and shooting..

He fell asleep drunk in the drive thru. Not sure when the cops came up on him. He has obviously already moved his car when the video starts.

Long Duck Dong
06-14-2020, 09:44 PM

Let's not mix the GF case up with cases like these. Has there been video of him seriously resisting or fighting cops yet? GF may have been a scumbag but I don't think I've heard one person make an excuse for what the cop did to him, and the length of time he applied unnecessary force.

This topic IS just a case of darwinism in full display. Why they fired the cop so fast after he had a taser pointed at him idk other than fear of the irrational public. If this had been a white guy it probably even make regional headlines

BigKobeFan
06-14-2020, 10:01 PM
The guy was drunk. They should have standard protocol of knowing how to subdue a drunk person without killing him. But it’s easier to just shoot them, lazy ass racist cops.

You just shot yourself in the foot. Drunks are unpredictable and when they reach for your weapon, you kill them.

dreamshake
06-15-2020, 02:52 AM
On Sunday police offered a $10,000 reward and published photos of what appeared to be a masked white woman being sought in connection with the fire.
Police said they were seeking those responsible for the blaze, including a woman who was “attempting to hide her identity”. The department posted photos on social media of what looked to be a young white woman wearing a black baseball cap and face mask, and a video clip filmed by a protester that appeared to show a woman encouraging the flames.

“Look at the white girl trying to burn down the Wendy’s,” the man recording the video can be heard saying. “This wasn’t us.”

Apparently a white woman burned down the Wendy’s.

https://news.google.com/articles/CAIiEGSNeMLSYu3MNo6rviWoFx0qFggEKg4IACoGCAowl6p7MN-zCTDlkko?hl=en-US&gl=US&ceid=US%3Aen

beermonster
06-15-2020, 07:43 AM
So you are n ot even allowed to defend yourself with a weapon if a guy tries to teaser you? Serioulsy what the actual **** is wrong with this country? Nobody will want to become a cop anymore. This country will turn into one giant shithole pretty damn soon.

Patrick Chewing
06-15-2020, 08:23 AM

How do you subdue a drunk person? When they were handcuffing him and he started to fight them, how would you have subdued him? Let’s hear your answers, genius. You’ve already shown us you’re not very bright, so here’s another chance to redeem yourself.

bladefd
06-15-2020, 02:35 PM
So you are n ot even allowed to defend yourself with a weapon if a guy tries to teaser you? Serioulsy what the actual **** is wrong with this country? Nobody will want to become a cop anymore. This country will turn into one giant shithole pretty damn soon.

The autopsy says the guy got shot twice in his back... which means he was trying to run away with the taser gun rather than shoot the cop with the taser

Obviously the cop was going for the kill rather than a bullet in a place that would subdue and disable rather than kill

FKAri
06-15-2020, 02:46 PM
The autopsy says the guy got shot twice in his back... which means he was trying to run away with the taser gun rather than shoot the cop with the taser

Obviously the cop was going for the kill rather than a bullet in a place that would subdue and disable rather than kill

Nobody does that. Cops or really anyone will shoot center of mass in a chaotic close combat situation. This is why cops have tasers in the first place to avoid this kind of situation. I get that we have cops that abuse their power but this is now turning into the tail end of the MeToo movement.

warriorfan
06-15-2020, 02:48 PM
The catch is here.

If a taser by definition is a non lethal weapon...

And the suspect stole the non lethal weapon...

How were the cops in lethal danger? :lol

Doesn’t add up.

Hawker
06-15-2020, 02:50 PM

^This is monday morning quarterbacking.

You've obviously never shot a gun before.

Hawker
06-15-2020, 02:51 PM

https://news.google.com/articles/CAIiEGSNeMLSYu3MNo6rviWoFx0qFggEKg4IACoGCAowl6p7MN-zCTDlkko?hl=en-US&gl=US&ceid=US%3Aen

White guilt lib

Patrick Chewing
06-15-2020, 02:54 PM

Dude, those kind of shots are only in movies. In these tense situations, it's almost impossible to hit a moving target, especially in the lower extremities.

Let's put blame back on the guy that got shot cause that's who should be blamed here. He shouldn't have resisted. He shouldn't have punched the officer. And he shouldn't have taken and fired the officer's taser back at the officer.

Had he not done these things, he would be alive today. Actions have consequences and sometimes these consequences can cost us our lives. He had a family. Why wasn't he thinking about them before he decided to try and run from the cops?

Phong
06-15-2020, 02:57 PM

Obviously the cop was going for the kill rather than a bullet in a place that would subdue and disable rather than kill You don't have to turn around completely to fire a gun or a taser at people chasing you, hence the cops' bullets hitting him in the back.

Furthermore, what kind of shot disables someone? Shoot him in the leg and somehow it'll disable the guy's arms and hands?

Long Duck Dong
06-15-2020, 02:58 PM

She looks like she's definitely trying to set a fire and needs to be arrested and sent to jail for a long time but she isn't the one who lit the place up. A kid in a black hoodie threw an incendiary device into Wendy's setting it on fire. You can see him throwing it through the window, a big explosion goes off and you can see the flames erupt inside the restaurant

dreamshake
06-15-2020, 02:58 PM
Dude, those kind of shots are only in movies. In these tense situations, it's almost impossible to hit a moving target, especially in the lower extremities.

Let's put blame back on the guy that got shot cause that's who should be blamed here. He shouldn't have resisted. He shouldn't have punched the officer. And he shouldn't have taken and fired the officer's taser back at the officer.

Had he not done these things, he would be alive today. Actions have consequences and sometimes these consequences can cost us our lives. He had a family. Why wasn't he thinking about them before he decided to try and run from the cops?

Have you ever heard of cruel and unusual punishment? Did he deserve to be killed for those things he did? If you say yes, you might as well pack up your bags and go live in China, ****ing commie.

Phong
06-15-2020, 02:59 PM
The catch is here.

If a taser by definition is a non lethal weapon...

And the suspect stole the non lethal weapon...

How were the cops in lethal danger? :lol

Doesn’t add up.First, tasers are considered less-lethal weapons, not non-lethal.

Second, tasers can leave you incapacitated and at the mercy of the perp. He can steal your gun and kill you or smash your head in while you're out.

RRR3
06-15-2020, 02:59 PM

Because he was drunk? People act like dumbasses when they're drunk dude. Cops should know how to handle drunken people. He definitely shouldn't have done what he did, but the cops didn't handle this well. Dude should be alive, regardless of how much of a jackass he was being.

dreamshake
06-15-2020, 03:01 PM
First, tasers are considered less-lethal weapons, not non-lethal.

Second, tasers can leave you incapacitated and at the mercy of the perp. He can steal your gun and kill you or smash your head in while you're out.

Uhh no, there were two cops there. If two cops can’t subdue a drunk unarmed person (tasers ain’t lethal) without fatally killing them, they should be fired.

Phong
06-15-2020, 03:02 PM

It always comes back to the lack of personal responsibility, doesn't it? Why does that simple virtue seem so foreign to many? :confusedshrug:

Patrick Chewing
06-15-2020, 03:11 PM
Have you ever heard of cruel and unusual punishment? Did he deserve to be killed for those things he did? If you say yes, you might as well pack up your bags and go live in China, ****ing commie.

Actions have consequences. If you drive drunk and crash into a tree and kill yourself, did you deserve to die? No. But you did. Because you were stupid.

Learn the law before becoming a keyboard lawyer. When you come at an officer with any kind of weapon, he is within his right to fire back at you.

rawimpact
06-15-2020, 03:12 PM
Damn, there goes hoping it was Atlanta's Wendy Williams

Patrick Chewing
06-15-2020, 03:14 PM
It always comes back to the lack of personal responsibility, doesn't it? Why does that simple virtue seem so foreign to many? :confusedshrug:

These are just young people being rebellious and acting out. I'm glad I was never like this. And the truth of the matter is that it begins in the home. A lot of these people have no respect in the home. They don't respect their parents for whatever reason whether they were absent parents or just bad parents in general. So if they don't have respect in the home, they will have even less on the streets.

Phong
06-15-2020, 03:16 PM
What could have gone through that dumbass' head? Even if he managed to run away, he left his car there and they know his name.

These people don't think.

RRR3
06-15-2020, 03:20 PM
What could have gone through that dumbass' head? Even if he managed to run away, he left his car there and they know his name.

These people don't think.
How intelligently do you act when you're drunk off your ass? Not saying dude wasn't being a dumbass, because he was, but drunk people aren't known for good decision making. Cops should be practicing de-escelating such situations, not making them worse.

rufuspaul
06-15-2020, 03:22 PM
It's clear that this whole thing was Wendy's fault.

Patrick Chewing
06-15-2020, 03:23 PM
How intelligently do you act when you're drunk off your ass? Not saying dude wasn't being a dumbass, because he was, but drunk people aren't known for good decision making. Cops should be practicing de-escelating such situations, not making them worse.

How do you deescalate from asking someone to put their hands behind their back cause they're under arrest??

Hittin_Shots
06-15-2020, 03:25 PM
It's clear that this whole thing was Wendy's fault.

Yea, they definitely shouldn't call the cops about a drunk fk passing out in the drive thru. I mean no way someone so drunk they're losing consciousness should be taken off the street.

RRR3
06-15-2020, 03:26 PM
How do you deescalate from asking someone to put their hands behind their back cause they're under arrest??
Being drunk in public isn't worthy of being arrested. They should have helped dude home. Cops are supposed to be here to help people.

Hittin_Shots
06-15-2020, 03:28 PM
Being drunk in public isn't worthy of being arrested. They should have helped dude home. Cops are supposed to be here to help people.

So youre disregarding he was driving his car in that state? Are u saying being ao drunk u fall asleep at the wheel isnt worthy of being arrested?

Patrick Chewing
06-15-2020, 03:29 PM

Ahhh so there it is, folks. This is what you people really want. What you really want is to change the laws in this country. Just come out and say that instead of hiding it under the "deescalate" scenario since that scenario clearly didn't apply here.

rawimpact

He was driving... did you forget?

Shogon

.... lol

Meticode
06-15-2020, 03:30 PM
I don't know if any of the employees did this or not, but if not...someone could've just done the human thing and went out there and see if he was okay. And if they noticed he was drunk see if they can get him to park the car and call a ride for him. I'm assuming that likely wouldn't happen and he might've just drove off intoxicated, but it's ashame if they didn't even try and just straight up called the police.

Phong
06-15-2020, 03:30 PM
Being drunk in public isn't worthy of being arrested. They should have helped dude home. Cops are supposed to be here to help people. He drove under the influence so they had to arrest him. He's the one who escalated the situation by fighting them.

Patrick Chewing
06-15-2020, 03:33 PM
Also, helping people go home when they're drunk is useless. It doesn't stop them from driving drunk again and possibly killing themselves or someone else. DUI is one of the more serious offenses in this country because of that very fact that plenty of innocent people are killed yearly by drunk drivers.

So punishment in jail or in prison is an effective way at hopefully teaching these people how serious of an offense this is. The police's job is not to help that guy get home safe. The police's job is to make sure I get home safe and not be killed by a drunk driver.

Meticode
06-15-2020, 03:35 PM
He drove under the influence so they had to arrest him. He's the one who escalated the situation by fighting them.

No doubt, but more and more police don't seem to have a community aspect to them anymore. It's the "us" vs. "them" mentality. Unlike what it used to be in a lot of communities were it was just "us" and we helped each other.

I remember back in the early 90s when I lived in the ghetto in Cincinnati I'd spent my summer off from school at my uncle's house over the Ohio River in Covington. KY. One summer we got in trouble for throwing water balloons at property. We weren't and didn't damage anything. Didn't throw them at people, but it was my uncle and I and 2 girls. A cop stops us and instead of taking us home to our parents he had my uncle and I stand in front of his car and had the girls throw the rest of the water balloons at us and followed us home until we went into the front door.

RRR3
06-15-2020, 03:40 PM
He was driving... did you forget?
Oh jeez, brain went off for a second there. Touché. I still maintain the cops should have handled it better, but yes, he should have been punished.

Hittin_Shots
06-15-2020, 03:44 PM
I don't know if any of the employees did this or not, but if not...someone could've just done the human thing and went out there and see if he was okay. And if they noticed he was drunk see if they can get him to park the car and call a ride for him. I'm assuming that likely wouldn't happen and he might've just drove off intoxicated, but it's ashame if they didn't even try and just straight up called the police.

Maybe they saw he was black and didn't want to chance doing anything that would make them a periah.

RRR3
Ahhh so there it is, folks. This is what you people really want. What you really want is to change the laws in this country. Just come out and say that instead of hiding it under the "deescalate" scenario since that scenario clearly didn't apply here.
I do indeed want many laws changed in this country, but I'm pretty sure you do as well, so this is an odd stance. I forgot that he was driving, so he definitely should have been punished in some fashion, but I would still argue the cops should have taken him home and confiscated his car and maybe his license. Drunk driving is a serious offense, like you said. Obviously, I would want Brooks to have a chance to get his car and license back, but you shouldn't be able to get away with drunk driving scot free.

Patrick Chewing
Oh jeez, brain went off for a second there. Touché. I still maintain the cops should have handled it better, but yes, he should have been punished.

You keep saying that, but the cops aren't in the business of calling Uber's or relatives to come pick somebody up cause they're drunk.

If you're passionate about this, create a movement to change the law. Everyone that gets pulled over for driving drunk the first time gets a free pass, but must be picked up by someone and their car must get towed.

Hittin_Shots
06-15-2020, 03:46 PM
I do indeed want many laws changed in this country, but I'm pretty sure you do as well, so this is an odd stance. I forgot that he was driving, so he definitely should have been punished in some fashion, but I would still argue the cops should have taken him home and confiscated his car and maybe his license. Drunk driving is a serious offense, like you said. Obviously, I would want Brooks to have a chance to get his car and license back, but you shouldn't be able to get away with drunk driving scot free.

If he hadn't decided assaulting the officer and taking his weapon after commiting an obvious crime was a good idea he would of got the normal punishment for DUI's

dreamshake
06-15-2020, 03:52 PM
No doubt, but more and more police don't seem to have a community aspect to them anymore. It's the "us" vs. "them" mentality. Unlike what it used to be in a lot of communities were it was just "us" and we helped each other.

I remember back in the early 90s when I lived in the ghetto in Cincinnati I'd spent my summer off from school at my uncle's house over the Ohio River in Covington. KY. One summer we got in trouble for throwing water balloons at property. We weren't and didn't damage anything. Didn't throw them at people, but it was my uncle and I and 2 girls. A cop stops us and instead of taking us home to our parents he had my uncle and I stand in front of his car and had the girls throw the rest of the water balloons at us and followed us home until we went into the front door.

Maybe the cops wanted a free car wash? :roll:

RRR3
06-15-2020, 03:53 PM
If he hadn't decided assaulting the officer and taking his weapon after commiting an obvious crime was a good idea he would of got the normal punishment for DUI's
I'm unwilling to watch videos of people getting murdered, but I'll take your word that this is what happened. Was he trying to tase the cops? That's a really insane decision for to grab the taser...Again, though, the cops should have been able to disarm and subdue him without using guns. They are trained in such matters.

Meticode
06-15-2020, 03:54 PM
Maybe the cops wanted a free car wash? :roll:

Wasn't a very good one, It was like 10 water balloons that were left.

Patrick Chewing
06-15-2020, 03:55 PM

Thousands of people get pulled over and arrested for DUI daily and get released a few hours later. DUI arrests are usually comedic in nature and usually the driver and police are at ease. Why this guy ran is beyond me.

Hittin_Shots
06-15-2020, 04:03 PM
I'm unwilling to watch videos of people getting murdered, but I'll take your word that this is what happened. Was he trying to tase the cops? That's a really insane decision for to grab the taser...Again, though, the cops should have been able to disarm and subdue him without using guns. They are trained in such matters.

He somehow overpowered both of them grabbed the taser he was being tased with. Looked like he may have went to tase or did tase the guy he got the taser from and the guy let go. The other guy then shot him with the taser and he ran away, then pointed the taser backwards while running which the shots came immediately after.

Shogon
06-15-2020, 04:03 PM

The cops and him had a very cordial conversation for some time, and then they gave him the breathalyzer... they confirmed that he was drunk, decided to arrest him, his entire demeanor changed immediately when they started cuffing him, he resisted to the point they were wrestling on the ground... he broke free, grabbed a taser from the cop after I think another cop deployed another taser and the guy started running away from the cops. As he was doing so, he pointed the taser behind him and was making a halfhearted effort to shoot one of the cops with a taser. At that point they opened fire on him with their guns or one of them did...

And yes, the video begins with him being drunk in a drive thru wendy's completely passed out with his car half hanging out of the drive thru lane.

Now I think it's over the top with two cops present for them to shoot him over a taser, BUT... the argument COULD be made that had he hit the taser shot and immobilized one cop, he could have potentially then run back and grabbed that cop's gun and killed them both. I think shooting him as quickly as he was shot was over the top, but he invited everything that came his way. He invited all of it. It wasn't racism.

RRR3
06-15-2020, 04:10 PM
I didn't say it was racism. Brooks definitely acted like a jackass and was behaving dangerously. But they shouldn't have shot him.

Hittin_Shots
06-15-2020, 04:12 PM
I didn't say it was racism. Brooks definitely acted like a jackass and was behaving dangerously. But they shouldn't have shot him.

Both probably tase him if the other still had his taser.

Patrick Chewing
06-15-2020, 04:15 PM
They keyboard lawyers haven't mentioned what the cops should have done after he ran away from them. Chase him down and try to arrest him again? Remember, their tasers can't be used again at this point. He was clearly a bigger guy and was strong enough to overpower these guys. How do you stop him after he beat you up, and fired a taser at you?

rawimpact
06-15-2020, 04:18 PM
They keyboard lawyers haven't mentioned what the cops should have done after he ran away from them. Chase him down and try to arrest him again? Remember, their tasers can't be used again at this point. He was clearly a bigger guy and was strong enough to overpower these guys. How do you stop him after he beat you up, and fired a taser at you?

He's a law abiding citizen, surely he'd submit and follow all instructions given to him.

bladefd
06-15-2020, 04:29 PM

Taser has cartridges you have to change. Brooks with the taser most likely had maybe 2 shocks on limited range at the cop. Even if Brooks somehow hit the cop with taser, the cop is going to live through it. Cops are in tip-top shape and during training they have taken taser shot. They know how taser shot feels like because they went through it. There were also couple cops there so it wasn't like Brooks could have taken both down with 1 taser gun. It would have been a longer chase for sure but the guy didn't need to die. He would have just gotten a longer sentence on top of the dui and resisting arrest rather than death.

If Brooks took the gun then I would say kill the guy on the spot. Taser I don't agree with kill.

You are right about the subdue shot comment. Tough to precisely target a moving target in exact spot. I won't press that further.

Draz
06-15-2020, 04:31 PM
I think EVERYONE takes an L here.

Guy that’s dead - Shouldn’t have entered the vehicle to drive knowing he’s drunk, shouldn’t have grabbed the officers taser, shouldn’t have ran

Cops - Can’t subdue an unarmed drunk man, requires more training because the guy consciously made a decision not to drive after he fell asleep the first time. They could have solved this situation better.

BLM - Burning down an establishment that employs black people now they’re out of jobs during this pandemic like they’ll have the skills and priority to be employed after this

bladefd
06-15-2020, 04:31 PM
First, tasers are considered less-lethal weapons, not non-lethal.

There were 2 cops there minimum. If the guy succeeds in taser'ing the cop then the other cop could have still been there for the kill...

Phong
06-15-2020, 04:34 PM
There were 2 cops there minimum. If the guy succeeds in taser'ing the cop then the other cop could have still been there for the kill... He already managed to overpower 2 cops at once. With only one left who knows what he could have done. Better deal with the threat than risking your life tussling with the suspect.

bladefd
06-15-2020, 04:36 PM

In other countries, people would actually come to see what is wrong and to try to help before calling the police straight up

Patrick Chewing
06-15-2020, 04:44 PM
If a taser doesn't take a big guy like this down, then what? Just keep chasing him around till he gets tired? Can't shoot him or use excessive force on him cause everyone is up in arms about that. What do you do? Just let him go?

bladefd
06-15-2020, 04:46 PM
If a taser doesn't take a big guy like this down, then what? Just keep chasing him around till he gets tired? Can't shoot him or use excessive force on him cause everyone is up in arms about that. What do you do? Just let him go?

Chase him. Get more cops out there. Get a helicopter out there. Put an APB on him. A drunk guy ain't going very far on foot. He didn't have extra cartridges on taser so taser was useless after 1 shot.

RRR3
06-15-2020, 05:01 PM
All they needed to do was disarm him and get him in the back of the police car.

Patrick Chewing
06-15-2020, 05:06 PM
All they needed to do was disarm him and get him in the back of the police car.

:facepalm

tpols
06-15-2020, 05:08 PM
are cops equipped with pepper spray?

a big can of that shit they use on bears could probably have him blinded and incapacitated.

there should also be stronger physical requirements for police.

like... you need to be able to bench 225 lbs or something. maybe more. to weed out all the weaklings that have to pull a gun because theyre so outsized.

RRR3
06-15-2020, 05:10 PM

a big can of that shit they use on bears could probably have him blinded and incapacitated.

like... you need to be able to bench 225 lbs or something. maybe more. to weed out all the weaklings that have to pull a gun because theyre so outsized.
I think cops usually have pepper spray, yes.

Draz
06-15-2020, 05:32 PM

Definitely. There should be a requirement for fitness every 6 months. My friend is my size and is NYPD. I don’t feel protected with them being my size let alone knowing if I went awol or someone larger than me does they couldn’t apprehend them.

Shogon
06-15-2020, 05:41 PM
:facepalm

It never ceases to amaze how little appreciation some people have for objective reality, eh?

It's called being a child... eventually it will go away... hopefully.

It varies for everyone but I don't think I reached adulthood until my late 20s...

tpols
06-15-2020, 06:29 PM
I think cops usually have pepper spray, yes.

i just realized how problematic it could become to be releasing gas like that when youre surrounded by your comrades and wind and shit.

could easily just hit you or your team in the scuffle.

we simply need to have officers be bigger and well trained. Dead ass... they should have to undergo BJJ and wrestling training on top of strength testing.

This whole situation couldve been avoided if we had cops competent enough to take down a drunk guy.

DoctorP
06-15-2020, 08:57 PM
thats a lot of burgers

warriorfan
06-15-2020, 09:05 PM

That’s actually a great idea. It would solve a bunch of these problems. Tell these scared ass pencil necks to stay at home and only accept giant bouncer looking dudes. Someone who won’t get scared and shoot someone 10 times if they start to scuffle.

FultzNationRISE
06-15-2020, 09:12 PM
i just realized how problematic it could become to be releasing gas like that when youre surrounded by your comrades and wind and shit.

could easily just hit you or your team in the scuffle.

we simply need to have officers be bigger and well trained. Dead ass... they should have to undergo BJJ and wrestling training on top of strength testing.

This whole situation couldve been avoided if we had cops competent enough to take down a drunk guy.

You forget, as people often do, that you cant just draw up the perfect cop and set that as the criteria, then expect to fill enough positions to sufficiently police cities with millions of residents.

Cops already have to meet certain standards of credit, criminal history, mental evaluation etc. to safeguard against potential corruption. On top of that you want only olympic wrestlers as well?

Not every rocket scientist body builder is applying to be a police officer. There are a certain number of positions that have to be filled, and you can only fill them with the people who are applying.

It'd be ideal to fill every opening with the 'perfect cop' but it isnt reality. Cops are a collection of flawed human beings, just like any other profession.

Phong
06-15-2020, 09:28 PM
You can clearly see him turn around and firing the taser at the cop.

https://youtu.be/jnHecVdUysQ

warriorfan
06-15-2020, 09:47 PM
You forget, as people often do, that you cant just draw up the perfect cop and set that as the criteria, then expect to fill enough positions to sufficiently police cities with millions of residents.

Cops already have to meet certain standards of credit, criminal history, mental evaluation etc. to safeguard against potential corruption. On top of that you want only olympic wrestlers as well?

Not every rocket scientist body builder is applying to be a police officer. There are a certain number of positions that have to be filled, and you can only fill them with the people who are applying.

It'd be ideal to fill every opening with the 'perfect cop' but it isnt reality. Cops are a collection of flawed human beings, just like any other profession.

You are onto something with these realistic obstacles. The problem is we need to re-evaluate law enforcement and the true value it has on our society. Law and order is what modern civilization is built upon. Protecting that should be one of the most respected and well compensated positions such as a doctor or attorney. We need a paradigm shift in our society that reflects that where the best, the strongest, the brightest want to seek out a career in law enforcement and are properly compensated for it.

Long Duck Dong
06-15-2020, 09:50 PM

I'm convinced. Sprinkle some crack on this noncracker. Throw him in the meat wagon.
Give the cop his job back. Fire the guy who fired him and let's all go for a milkshake at Wend...nvm McDonald's

tpols
06-15-2020, 11:09 PM

i agree with this, but you're off in that we can employ much better cops by shrinking the force by 30-40% nationwide.

no more quotas or ticket hunting. No more roving around looking to bust people on petty bullshit.

Take the calls. Defense. that's it.

No more offense from them.

bladefd
06-16-2020, 03:42 AM

He missed. Taser cartridge was used up, making his taser gun useless thereafter. He was in no danger of reaching for the police gun at that moment. There was no reason to shoot the guy. Call in more cops to chase the bastard. You don't kill him because he might get away. He was drunk and unarmed once the taser gun rendered useless after firing single cartridge. He is not getting far with an APB. Cops had his car and house address.

Phong
06-16-2020, 10:31 AM
He missed. Taser cartridge was used up, making his taser gun useless thereafter. He was in no danger of reaching for the police gun at that moment. There was no reason to shoot the guy. Call in more cops to chase the bastard. You don't kill him because he might get away. He was drunk and unarmed once the taser gun rendered useless after firing single cartridge. He is not getting far with an APB. Cops had his car and house address.I guess you don't know that a taser can be used in a touch-stun mode when no more cartridges are available.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/f/fb/Taser-x26.jpg/440px-Taser-x26.jpg

Patrick Chewing
06-16-2020, 10:34 AM
This video also shits on all these pro-taser people. From the looks of it, this guy was tased at least twice and nothing. And you wonder why police officers use their gun on some suspects.

FKAri
06-16-2020, 11:25 AM
This video also shits on all these pro-taser people. From the looks of it, this guy was tased at least twice and nothing. And you wonder why police officers use their gun on some suspects.

And yet it can kill others who have heart issues. Seems unreliable. We need to wait till they have Star Trek phasers with a stun setting.

Pointguard
06-16-2020, 11:40 AM
I don't see the usefulness of arguing with guys who were lost on the impact of George Floyd, which was obvious as day to the world and our whole nation, as compared to this situation which is more dubious. Its been established to reasonable folk. They are who they are.

Patrick Chewing
06-16-2020, 11:42 AM
And yet it can kill others who have heart issues. Seems unreliable. We need to wait till they have Star Trek phasers with a stun setting.

Why can't we just lasso them instead? Or shoot them with tranquilizer guns?

Let him run away and find him sleeping like a baby somewhere in the middle of the road or in the bushes somewhere nearby.

Long Duck Dong
06-16-2020, 11:46 AM
I don't see the usefulness of arguing with guys who were lost on the impact of George Floyd, which was obvious as day to the world and our whole nation, as compared to this situation which is more dubious. Its been established to reasonable folk. They are who they are.

Like you said. This ain't George Floyd. The idiots here are the ones who think Ray Ray here shouldn't have been handcuffed for being obviously drunk and driving. The fact that he fought police, grabbed one of their weapons and pointed it at them make this idiot a Darwin Award winner. Switch the color of the cop or the perp and no on gives AF about this shooting.

bladefd
06-16-2020, 03:21 PM
I guess you don't know that a taser can be used in a touch-stun mode when no more cartridges are available.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/f/fb/Taser-x26.jpg/440px-Taser-x26.jpg

Sure, if he starts coming towards you then you can shoot. But he is running away after misfiring the taser cartridge

Phong
06-16-2020, 03:28 PM
Sure, if he starts coming towards you then you can shoot. But he is running away after misfiring the taser cartridge
You suggested that the cops should have chased him and tussled with him again. He's already shown that he was not only willing to fight but also use a weapon against the police. Good shooting :applause:

bladefd
06-16-2020, 04:04 PM
You suggested that the cops should have chased him and tussled with him again. He's already shown that he was not only willing to fight but also use a weapon against the police. Good shooting :applause:

Like I said, call in more cops and chase him down. What's a very drunk guy exhausted from running/fighting going to do? Fight off 5 other cops and fly away on his unicorn? Or somehow get into martial arts combat and transform into Bruce Lee?

Doomsday Dallas
06-16-2020, 11:08 PM
I watched the entire 47 minute video... cops were wrong on this regardless of what "the book" says.

Dude was clearly drunk, no need end to his life... let him run away and arrest him later.

bladefd
06-17-2020, 05:06 PM
Apparently there is another video of the cop kicking the dead Brooks. Other cop just turned on him for that and will be the prosecutor's witness.

Cop looks like he got embarrassed a drunk man got his taser and retaliated. He is probably going to jail for a while

Patrick Chewing
06-17-2020, 05:17 PM
I watched the entire 47 minute video... cops were wrong on this regardless of what "the book" says.

Dude was clearly drunk, no need end to his life... let him run away and arrest him later.

They tried to arrest him and he beat them and stole their taser. This idea of trying to arrest him again and thinking there would have been a different outcome is nuts.

Let's say they would have tackled him with the help of a few other officers. People would be crying about excessive force then. And who's to say this guy doesn't try to resist and grab their weapons again. Being a cop is a no win situation right now. There is a war on cops.

BigKobeFan
06-17-2020, 05:21 PM
They tried to arrest him and he beat them and stole their taser. This idea of trying to arrest him again and thinking there would have been a different outcome is nuts.

Let's say they would have tackled him with the help of a few other officers. People would be crying about excessive force then. And who's to say this guy doesn't try to resist and grab their weapons again. Being a cop is a no win situation right now. There is a war on cops.

If i were the cops, I would not do anything and then just have all hell break loose. Its all in the democratic cities anyways.

Patrick Chewing
06-17-2020, 05:25 PM
If i were the cops, I would not do anything and then just have all hell break loose. Its all in the democratic cities anyways.

Yup. If I was a cop, especially a cop in Atlanta, I walk. Either that or go on strike. They scared this guy's partner to death with felony murder charges that he has decided to turn on him. The DA talking about how this guy was sleeping peacefully in his car. No mention of how he was breaking the law and was out on parole.

If I'm a cop, unless I have a few years left to my retirement and full pension, I'm finding another line of work then.

bladefd
06-17-2020, 07:01 PM

Why did the cop kick Brooks as he lay there dead with 2 bullets in his back? Can you explain that?

Patrick Chewing
06-17-2020, 07:46 PM
Why did the cop kick Brooks as he lay there dead with 2 bullets in his back? Can you explain that?

If the perp is still holding a weapon, you kick it out of their hands for your safety.

bladefd
06-17-2020, 07:48 PM
If the perp is still holding a weapon, you kick it out of their hands for your safety.

Cartridges for taser was used up, and the guy was lying there dead. Afraid of his ghost possibly??

Patrick Chewing
06-17-2020, 07:51 PM
Cartridges for taser was used up, and the guy was lying there dead. Afraid of his ghost possibly??

Doesn’t matter. This is training man. You don’t rush to aid someone who just shot at you. Besides, I don’t think they even patted him down prior to trying to arrest him. I’ve seen plenty of videos where these cops get shot by someone already on the ground.

This guy was a piece of shit and the defense of him is unreal. He caused all this. He is responsible for his own death.

tpols
06-17-2020, 07:56 PM

you realize it takes a while to die right? some minutes...

you dont just get shot and instantly evaporate.

they arent storm trooper blasts.

Patrick Chewing
06-17-2020, 07:56 PM
For you cop haters, go watch the videos that James Woods is posting on Twitter right now.

Patrick Chewing
06-17-2020, 08:11 PM
Oh and by the way, I know you shitbirds have low IQ and all, and lap up what the Fake News media tells you, but did the Fake News media tell you that the officer that shot him also tried to resuscitate him? No? I didn’t think so.

Patrick Chewing
06-17-2020, 08:39 PM
https://i.ibb.co/nkY3wDH/9-B6-A75-DC-99-C3-4-CBB-8780-3-EF7-A20-A3-AE7.jpg

My my my

bladefd
06-17-2020, 09:36 PM
Doesn’t matter. This is training man. You don’t rush to aid someone who just shot at you. Besides, I don’t think they even patted him down prior to trying to arrest him. I’ve seen plenty of videos where these cops get shot by someone already on the ground.

This guy was a piece of shit and the defense of him is unreal. He caused all this. He is responsible for his own death.

Who is talking about rushing to his aid?

You shot the guy twice, he is lying there not moving. Then you decide to kick him. What does that say?

BigKobeFan
06-18-2020, 01:53 AM
Who is talking about rushing to his aid?

You shot the guy twice, he is lying there not moving. Then you decide to kick him. What does that say?

you are an idiot

the guy has a weapon lying on the floor, you do not know if he is dead or not. The first thing you do is kick the weapon out of harms way.

bladefd
06-18-2020, 02:19 AM
you are an idiot

the guy has a weapon lying on the floor, you do not know if he is dead or not. The first thing you do is kick the weapon out of harms way.

Apparently, the cop began kicking the guy rather than kicking away the weapon (which if you recall had no cartridge)

Hittin_Shots
06-18-2020, 02:25 AM
Apparently, the cop began kicking the guy rather than kicking away the weapon (which if you recall had no cartridge)

Arent cartridges just for the long range shots? can't tasers still be used in close range with no cartridge?

bladefd
06-18-2020, 03:44 AM
Arent cartridges just for the long range shots? can't tasers still be used in close range with no cartridge?

Still, what is a guy with 2 bullets going to do lying there? Do you expect him to stand up and come chasing after the cop to electrocute him in close combat? Cop is still armed with the pistol.

What it shows is the cop made it personal and about revenge for getting embarrassed by a drunk guy. Cop lost his temper and made a rash decision in anger to kill the guy. It didn't look at all like self-defense to me.

raiderfan19
06-18-2020, 10:30 AM
They didnt, the Atlanta DA is a lying piece of shit. Why do you think no one has seen a video of it.

DoctorP
06-18-2020, 10:31 AM
no more ice cream softies

w biggie fries

Patrick Chewing
06-18-2020, 10:47 AM
https://i.ibb.co/5YL78Q4/0-A1-E11-E9-57-B3-4054-A400-ECEBE31-D1-AA4.jpg

DoctorP
06-18-2020, 10:53 AM
it could go to the supreme courts:

cop, fearing for his life, makes a kill. does the law allow an assaulted officer free reign to kill at that point?

rawimpact
06-18-2020, 01:16 PM
it could go to the supreme courts:

cop, fearing for his life, makes a kill. does the law allow an assaulted officer free reign to kill at that point?

'free reign to kill'

What a way to phrase that...

Hittin_Shots
06-18-2020, 04:02 PM
Still, what is a guy with 2 bullets going to do lying there? Do you expect him to stand up and come chasing after the cop to electrocute him in close combat? Cop is still armed with the pistol.

What it shows is the cop made it personal and about revenge for getting embarrassed by a drunk guy. Cop lost his temper and made a rash decision in anger to kill the guy. It didn't look at all like self-defense to me.

Not everyone shot twice is dead or even incapacitated 100% of the time. I dunno if the taser hit the guy but if they did he seemed to be powering through being tased.

Doomsday Dallas
06-19-2020, 08:32 PM

I'm just saying the cops could've taken the L there and let him run away... that dude was not a threat if he was running away. Now we have more drama, and police officers in ATL are starting to quit.

9 times out of 10 you shoot him down... but c'mon, the cops just had to go out and somehow shoot a black man in the Wendy's parking lot immediately after the George Floyd riots? Seriously?

Take The L, you got your ass kicked for the night, let him run, live to arrest his ass another day, and peace prevails.

Guns shouldn't be used when it's just one guy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YhfPz0ncyK0

Patrick Chewing
06-21-2020, 09:29 PM
you're gun matches your shirt

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/TautConsiderateFirefly-max-1mb.gif

You’re a behemoth compared to me. No muscle, just fat. Don’t make me embarrass you by posting my picture.