PDA

View Full Version : Is there a reasonable way to keep Curry out of the top 10?

Stephonit
06-14-2020, 05:00 PM
There are people who say that Curry isn't a top 10 player yet.

But consider what you have to say by excluding him:

The guy behind the team with the best regular season record isn't a top ten player.
The guy behind the team with the best playoffs record isn't a top ten player.
The guy behind the greatest team of all-time isn't a top ten player.
The guy with the only unanimous MVP isn't a top ten player.
The guy who changed the game by making unathletic centers obsolete, made the 3-pointer a priority, made switching defenses the norm, and established the viability of jump-shooting teams isn't a top ten player.

I don't think one reasonably can.

Stephen Curry is already a top ten player.

Nilocon165
06-14-2020, 05:06 PM
The only reasonable way is if you use logic

Jamal23
06-14-2020, 05:07 PM
Which of these players would you replace with Curry?

1. MJ
2. LeBron
3. Kareem
4. Magic
5. Shaq
6. Russell
7. Bird
8. Kobe
9. Duncan
10. Hakeem

I have Curry in my top 15 but i find it hard to take him over anyone in the top 10 yet.

Stephonit
06-14-2020, 05:12 PM

1. MJ
2. LeBron
3. Kareem
4. Magic
5. Shaq
6. Russell
7. Bird
8. Kobe
9. Duncan
10. Hakeem

I have Curry in my top 15 but i find it hard to take him over anyone in the top 10 yet.

I think Curry has a case against Magic, Kobe, Shaq, Bird, Hakeem, and LeBron.

IllegalD
06-14-2020, 05:14 PM

The guy behind the team with the best regular season record isn't a top ten player.
The guy who changed the game by making unathletic centers obsolete, made the 3-pointer a priority, made switching defenses the norm, and established the viability of jump-shooting teams isn't a top ten player.

Easy.

1) Never won a Finals MVP
2) Only championship won as the best player on the team he lost the Finals MVP to a bench roleplayer (Iggy) because of how much he sucked
3) Responsible for the biggest chokejob in NBA Finals history (blowing a 3-1 lead)
4) Not the best player on his own team for 2 out of his 3 championships
5) Complete liability on defense (most Top 10 players played both sides of the court)
6) WASN'T the best player on the team with the best playoff record all-time (Durant was)
7) Got cucked by an emotional BETA in Durant and relegated to sidekick status the moment he joined the team
8) Pathetic clutch-stats on game-winning/tying shots in the final 24 seconds
9) No respect from his NBA peers or former NBA greats
10) No iconic/memorable playoff moments (his most iconic career moment is a regular-season buzzerbeater)

Kblaze8855
None of those things has anything to do with an arbitrary number being a second digit we obsess over.

Phoenix

Oh this should be good.

Carbine
06-14-2020, 05:19 PM
My biggest issue with Steph in the top 10 is that when I watched him in his prime, on the biggest stage, it was clear that he was nowhere near LeBron - like he was at least two levels below him.

He was a guy other teams would purposely search out via screens on defense to get him iso'd up and go to work. Whole game plans revolved around that for stretches of game.

If I'm bumping a Kobe or Hakeem off the list that's a big deal. Steph ain't that big of a deal yet, he never will be as a player and resume wise he still isn't.

RRR3
06-14-2020, 05:21 PM

1. MJ
2. LeBron
3. Kareem
4. Magic
5. Shaq
6. Russell
7. Bird
8. Kobe
9. Duncan
10. Hakeem

Wilt?????

Roundball_Rock
06-14-2020, 05:23 PM

What is that case? No need to be lengthy but curious to here the contours of the argument.

Lebron23
06-14-2020, 05:28 PM
Zero finals mvp.

Stephonit
06-14-2020, 05:29 PM
Oh this should be good.

Sure:

Magic never as dominant on his own.
Kobe statistically inferior.
Shaq never dominated regular season and never won without another superstar.
Bird is similar but the records tilt toward Curry.
Hakeem didn't dominate and missed playing the greatest potential rival of his era.
LeBron has a losing record head-to-head and didn't dominate the same way when given the same advantages.

My biggest issue with Steph in the top 10 is that when I watched him in his prime, on the biggest stage, it was clear that he was nowhere near LeBron - like he was at least two levels below him.

He was a guy other teams would purposely search out via screens on defense to get him iso'd up and go to work. Whole game plans revolved around that for stretches of game.

If I'm bumping a Kobe or Hakeem off the list that's a big deal. Steph ain't that big of a deal yet, he never will be as a player and resume wise he still isn't.

The issue with this is that Curry is revolutionary. People have always underestimated him. But the results keep contradicting their assessment. The consistent difference between results and expectations indicate people don't know how to evaluate him. The revolutionary nature of Curry throws the previous assumptions and measures into disarray and call into question understanding of him.

warriorfan
06-14-2020, 05:30 PM
Ground breaking theories from the op. We are going to have to look into them more. Looks promising however.

light
06-14-2020, 05:30 PM

But Curry is also the guy behind the greatest collapse in Finals history.

There is just something about Curry that people aren't convinced about. Maybe it's his lack of a Finals MVP. Maybe it's his defense. Maybe it's because when he doesn't make threes he looks pedestrian. Maybe it's because when Durant came over he looked like a more natural fit as a sidekick. I don't know, but there's something.

RRR3
06-14-2020, 05:31 PM
Sure:

Hakeem didn't dominate and missed playing the greatest potential rival of his era.
LeBron has a losing record head-to-head and didn't dominate the same way when given the same advantages.

The issue with this is that Curry is revolutionary. People have always underestimated him. But the results keep contradicting their assessment. The consistent difference between results and expectations indicate people don't know how to evaluate him. The revolutionary nature of Curry throws the previous assumptions and measures into disarray and call into question understanding of him.
What's LeBron's head to head record when they had equivalent supporting casts? Pretty sure it's 1-0.

Roundball_Rock
06-14-2020, 05:37 PM

Magic won a MVP without KAJ and was runner-up the other year.

A lot of what you are getting it is team success. Did Curry have the same level of impact on his teams that these other guys did? Kobe clearly is the lowest of all those guys in that regard (minimal difference when he was out) but the other guys have large team footprints.

The Warriors went from something like .900 with Curry, without Durant to .600 with Durant, without Curry. That is strong stuff if the numbers are correct (I didn't look them up--saw them on ESPN at one point, approximate numbers), especially when you compare against the "without Durant" numbers. Curry is a high ceiling guy. The other side of the equation is floor, though. He could have seen what floor Curry could provide on a bad team this year but he got hurt.

If you are starting a team from scratch do you select Curry over any of those guys?

Another thing that hurts him is he was never the best player in the NBA like those guys. In his own era, Curry likely will go down 3rd behind LeBron and Durant but Kawhi and Harden are wild cards who (in theory) could also surpass him. I doubt they do but there is a world in which they get there.

tpols
06-14-2020, 05:38 PM
He already led and did more than hakeem, moses, and oscar.

One could argue he's above Lebron given the H2H playoff domination.

So yea.... borderline top 10.

Lebron23
06-14-2020, 05:40 PM

16-6 vs the late Kobe

Uncle Drew
06-14-2020, 05:50 PM

:roll:

Axe
06-14-2020, 05:53 PM
Easy.

2) Only championship won as the best player on the team he lost the Finals MVP to a bench roleplayer (Iggy) because of how much he sucked
3) Responsible for the biggest chokejob in NBA Finals history (blowing a 3-1 lead)
5) Complete liability on defense (most Top 10 players played both sides of the court)
6) WASN'T the best player on the team with the best playoff record all-time (Durant was)
7) Got cucked by an emotional BETA in Durant and relegated to sidekick status the moment he joined the team
10) No iconic/memorable playoff moments (his most iconic career moment is a regular-season buzzerbeater)
This. A great summary.

Carbine
06-14-2020, 05:54 PM

Except LeBron has been clearly the best player between the two when the two teams have played against each other. The Warriors won because they were better than an injury riddled Cavs team in 2015. LeBrons second and third best players were Mozgov and Jr Smith.........................

We all know about 2016... 3-1

2017 with Durant I think is the best team EVER. There is no shame losing to that.

2018 against those same Warriors without Kyrie.... really blaming LeBron for that?

Roundball_Rock
06-14-2020, 06:05 PM

Did what? Win more rings with a 73 win team that added the second best player in the league?

Stephonit
06-14-2020, 06:07 PM
Except LeBron has been clearly the best player between the two when the two teams have played against each other. The Warriors won because they were better than an injury riddled Cavs team in 2015. LeBrons second and third best players were Mozgov and Jr Smith.........................

2017 with Durant I think is the best team EVER. There is no shame losing to that.

2018 against those same Warriors without Kyrie.... really blaming LeBron for that?

Same people who say LeBron was the best player on the court say Durant was the best player on the Warriors. LeBron and KD are conventional criteria darlings. But if the conventional criteria were accurate the Heatles would have dominated the Spurs and the Thunder would have dominated the way the Warriors actually did. Clearly conventional thinking misses a lot. What Curry does off the ball is simply not accounted for.

3-1? Yeah Curry is up 3-1 on LeBron in the finals. What Curry did in those years to get to the finals was also more impressive. Think LeBron was more impressive in other years? Then compare the Heatles to the Warriors. I still don't see how LeBron looks better.

Did what? Win more rings with a 73 win team that added the second best player in the league?

Made more finals too. Led more teams to the best record in the regular season.

light
06-14-2020, 06:10 PM
Same people who say LeBron was the best player on the court say Durant was the best player on the Warriors. LeBron and KD are conventional criteria darlings. But if the conventional criteria were accurate the Heatles would have dominated the Spurs and the Thunder would have dominated the way the Warriors actually did. Clearly conventional thinking misses a lot. What Curry does off the ball is simply not accounted for.

3-1? Yeah Curry is up 3-1 on LeBron in the finals. What Curry did in those years to get to the finals was also more impressive. Think LeBron was more impressive in other years? Then compare the Heatles to the Warriors. I still don't see how LeBron looks better.

Well LeBron won MVP and Finals MVP in back-to-back seasons in Miami. That's how he looks better.

Stephonit
06-14-2020, 06:12 PM
Well LeBron won MVP and Finals MVP in back-to-back seasons in Miami. That's how he looks better.

Relies on opinion not results.

RRR3
06-14-2020, 06:12 PM
What's LeBron's head to head record when they had equivalent supporting casts? Pretty sure it's 1-0.
Steppedonshit?

red1
06-14-2020, 06:14 PM
sure - by looking at his career.

tpols
06-14-2020, 06:18 PM

the warriors were already a championship squad and 73 win record breaking dynasty before KD. Steph UMVP.

the whole reason Durant joined them was to get a breath of fresh air with a club that had GOAT teamwork sparked by chef, in contrast to westbrick and OKC.

What Curry did to Lebron was embarrassing... completely shit on him dynasty style.

Harden gave him bigger scares.

light
06-14-2020, 06:22 PM

Back-to-back Finals MVPs are the kinds of results that Steph is still trying to achieve.

Stephonit
06-14-2020, 06:40 PM
Back-to-back Finals MVPs are the kinds of results that Steph is still trying to achieve.

Opinion of 11 people dependent on clicks. Determined behind the scenes off the basketball floor.

Leading a team to 67-wins is the kind of result LeBron is still trying to achieve. Determined on the basketball floor.

RRR3
06-14-2020, 06:49 PM
LeBron led a bunch of role players to 66 wins in 2009. Curry couldn't do that in his wildest dreams.

Stephonit
06-14-2020, 06:50 PM
LeBron led a bunch of role players to 66 wins in 2009. Curry couldn't do that in his wildest dreams.

2015 seems to have been blocked out of your memory since you are suffering from PCTSD. In that year, however, Curry's team actually won the championship unlike the lesser player's.

RRR3
06-14-2020, 06:52 PM
2015 seems to have been blocked out of your memory since you are suffering from PCTSD.
2015 Klay Thompson: 21.7 PPG on 59.1 TS%, 4.4 BPM, All-Star, All-NBA 3rd team, 10th in MVP voting. Show me any teammate LeBron had close to that on the 09 Cavs.

RRR3
06-14-2020, 06:56 PM
OP avoiding this like the plague.

tpols
06-14-2020, 06:58 PM
It's pretty crazy how underrated Lebron's original Cav's teams were.

He inherited multiple time all star big Z. a 7+ foot sniper. Andy V who was all D. Larry Hughes all D. Jamison and Mo both all stars.

Delonte West who was absurdly underrated two way guard. Boobie gibson playoff 3 point theatrics.

The fact is... the guy just couldnt even come close to winning without MVP type help.

Stephonit
06-14-2020, 07:10 PM
Steppedonshit?

Did I step on something? Oh it seems I stepped on you. Ick.

As for that point you keep harping on go by a game by game breakdown on who was in and out or injured. Fans of the lesser player seriously trying to say he wins when things are level are deluded. Needed refs to kick starters off the opposing team in more than one game to ensure the win in 7. Very underwhelming.

Axe
06-14-2020, 07:11 PM
Wish he'd also done that in 2016

tpols
06-14-2020, 07:14 PM
Listen... when Lebron lost to Dwight it was compltely legit.

Nobody was suspended or injured... it was just an ass kicking.

The worst grievance people have with Cleveland fans is they fully acknowledge the short handedness of 2015, but totally disregard 2016 on the flip side.

That's why nobody takes yall seriously.

RRR3
06-14-2020, 07:14 PM

As for that point you keep harping on go by a game by game breakdown on who was in and out or injured. Fans of the lesser player seriously trying to say he wins when things are level are deluded. Needed refs to kick starters off the opposing team in more than one game to ensure the win in 7. Very underwhelming.
You don't get to complain about refs after 2018 lmao. Refs have been sucking the Warriors off for years. Your entitled attitude is sickening.

RRR3
06-14-2020, 07:15 PM
Listen... when Lebron lost to Dwight it was compltely legit.

Nobody was suspended or injured... it was just an ass kicking.

The worst grievance people have with Cleveland fans is they fully acknowledge the short handedness of 2015, but totally disregard 2016 on the flip side.

That's why nobody takes yall seriously.
LeBron averaged almost 40 PPG lol. This isn't a case of shitting the bed like your boy Patrick Ewing.

AlternativeAcc.
06-14-2020, 07:15 PM
He's not even top 25 in playoff points despite only being known for his scoring. Not top 25... which proves he's a flash in the pan. His peak year he scored 22ppg on 40% and choked away a 3-1 lead

So he has a massively overrated peak and no longevity. He's not even top 50 or anywhere close. Most overrated athlete in sports history.

light
06-14-2020, 07:19 PM

As for that point you keep harping on go by a game by game breakdown on who was in and out or injured. Fans of the lesser player seriously trying to say LeBron wins when things are level are deluded. Needed refs to kick starters off the opposing team in more than one game to ensure the win in 7. Very underwhelming.

LeBron usually wins when things aren't level. That's his legacy. That's one reason why he's the GOAT. He has no one on his teams and he still wins the Eastern Conference. Love and Bosh miss multiple playoff series and he still wins. Love and Kyrie are out completely and he still goes up 2-1 on the Warriors. Game 7 of the conference finals without Love or Kyrie? Still wins.

What would Curry do without Klay and Draymond? What would Jordan do without Scottie and Rodman? We know they would do absolutely nothing.

tpols
06-14-2020, 07:21 PM
LeBron averaged almost 40 PPG lol. This isn't a case of shitting the bed like your boy Patrick Ewing.

the 90s knicks would've NEVER lost to that dwight team lol.

Dwight was really good but you cant just... overpower that team. He would've gotten shit on.

SVG is on record saying he let Lebron dominate the ball in single coverage... and they won the war of attrition as a result.

is what it is....

Axe
06-14-2020, 07:22 PM
Game 7 of the conference finals without Love or Kyrie? Still wins.
Which series are you talking about

What would Curry do without Klay and Draymond? What would Jordan do without Scottie and Rodman? We know they would do absolutely nothing.
Yet bran hasn't won three championships either without james jones in the lineup, actually.

RRR3
06-14-2020, 07:29 PM
the 90s knicks would've NEVER lost to that dwight team lol.

Dwight was really good but you cant just... overpower that team. He would've gotten shit on.

SVG is on record saying he let Lebron dominate the ball in single coverage... and they won the war of attrition as a result.

is what it is....
Ewing definitely would have beat them with his incredible 39 TS%.

AlternativeAcc.
06-14-2020, 07:31 PM
The media desperately wanted Curry to be an all time great because he was a clean cut little geek who was good for ratings and stories. The problem was, he choked back 2 back on the biggest stage during his flukey regular season MVP years where he spent the years stat padding on absurdly stacked teams.

Curry doesn't even have a top 10 peak, let alone a top 10 resume. He's not even top 25 in overall playoff points.

Yikes

Stephonit
06-14-2020, 07:32 PM
He's not even top 25 in playoff points despite only being known for his scoring. Not top 25... which proves he's a flash in the pan. His peak year he scored 22ppg on 40% and choked away a 3-1 lead

So he has a massively overrated peak and no longevity. He's not even top 50 or anywhere close. Most overrated athlete in sports history.

[...]

The media desperately wanted Curry to be an all time great because he was a clean cut little geek who was good for ratings and stories. The problem was, he choked back 2 back on the biggest stage during his flukey regular season MVP years where he spent the years stat padding on absurdly stacked teams.

Curry doesn't even have a top 10 peak, let alone a top 10 resume. He's not even top 25 in overall playoff points.

You must be the guy who thinks the researcher who has tenure with a university for 30 years studying cancer is a greater researcher than the one who actually develops a treatment to cure it after 10 years in the field.

tpols
06-14-2020, 07:32 PM
Ewing definitely would have beat them with his incredible 39 TS%.

he barely lost with that.

Knicks were a pure defensive team anchored by pat.

Even Pau shut down dwight.

jesus christ son... what a joke it would've been.

RRR3
06-14-2020, 07:36 PM

Even Pau shut down dwight.

jesus christ son... what a joke it would've been.
Are we seriously arguing Patrick Ewing versus LeBron James? Is that how far you've fallen since 2016? Yikes, bro. I think you need help for your LeBron Derangement Syndrome :(

AlternativeAcc.
06-14-2020, 07:37 PM
You must be the guy who thinks the researcher who has tenure with a university for 30 years studying cancer is a greater researcher than the one who actually develops a treatment to cure it after 10 years in the field.

His peak years he lost FMVP to Iggy and locked down my matthew dellevedova. The next year he scored 12ppg less in the finals than in the regular season and helped the Warriors blow a 3-1 lead

His peak sucks and was exposed on the biggest stage

You must be the 14 year old who bought into the media hype :oldlol:

Yikes

RRR3
06-14-2020, 07:42 PM
https://i.imgflip.com/4551pb.jpg

Axe
06-14-2020, 07:44 PM
Are we seriously arguing Patrick Ewing versus LeBron James? Is that how far you've fallen since 2016? Yikes, bro. I think you need help for your LeBron Derangement Syndrome :(
Here in a curry thread?

Oh crap. Issa prank. :cry:

But regardless, OP just thinks that both of them are just lesser individual players when compared to stephen curry.

ELITEpower23
06-14-2020, 07:44 PM
Does he have a Finals MVP yet? I heard he really wants it :lol

tpols
06-14-2020, 07:46 PM
Never said that... but it's entirely possible a prime ewing gets more out of dwayne wade and kyrie.

shit... irving is basically a ferrari version of johns starks.

RRR3
06-14-2020, 07:47 PM
Never said that... but it's entirely possible a prime ewing gets more out of dwayne wade and kyrie.

shit... irving is basically a ferrari version of johns starks.
You're afraid to say it out loud, so you just imply it. Straight bitch mode. At least 3ball goes out and says his batshit opinions (like Roberson>>>Pippen).

tpols
06-14-2020, 07:51 PM
tranny boy talking bitch made lmao.

Pat Ewing is a top 25 GOAT. Based on what Dwight did to Lebron... i'd shiver at what pat would do. :lol

Stephonit
06-14-2020, 07:52 PM
His peak years he lost FMVP to Iggy and locked down my matthew dellevedova. The next year he scored 12ppg less in the finals than in the regular season and helped the Warriors blow a 3-1 lead

His peak sucks and was exposed on the biggest stage

You must be the 14 year old who bought into the media hype :oldlol:

Yikes

That must be you since if there is a player being hyped by the media it isn't Curry. If Curry was being hyped by the media they'd be saying he is the best player ever not saying the Warriors have no chance to beat the Rockets with Durant going down due to injury.

RRR3
06-14-2020, 07:56 PM
"Oh shit, how am I gonna defend implying Patrick Ewing is better than LeBron James?"

"I know! I'll call RRR3 a tranny!"

:yaohappy:

AlternativeAcc.
06-14-2020, 07:56 PM
That must be you since if there is a player being hyped by the media it isn't Curry. If Curry was being hyped by the media they'd be saying he is the best player ever not saying they have no chance to beat the Rockets with Durant going down due to injury.

Hard to be hyped as the best player when you lose out on fmvp 5 years straight :oldlol:

Outplayed by Iggy/lebron, then by lebron, irving, and dray, then by durant and lebron, Then by kawhit and Lowry

Outplayed every year in the finals, most of the time by multiple players

Hes as hyped as someone can get despite being cucked on the big stage for half a decade.

You bought the regular season hype hook line and sinker back in 2015-2016 as a young child and have been desperately defending that embarrasing choice ever since. :cheers:

RRR3
06-14-2020, 07:57 PM
tranny boy talking bitch made lmao.

Pat Ewing is a top 25 GOAT. Based on what Dwight did to Lebron... i'd shiver at what pat would do. :lol
Dwight held LeBron to 38.5 PPG on 59.1 TS% :lol And he could actually switch onto perimeter players

By that logic, LeBron averages 50 PPG on Ewing

Stephonit
06-14-2020, 08:18 PM
Hard to be hyped as the best player when you lose out on fmvp 5 years straight :oldlol:

Outplayed by Iggy/lebron, then by lebron, irving, and dray, then by durant and lebron, Then by kawhit and Lowry

Outplayed every year in the finals, most of the time by multiple players

Hes as hyped as someone can get despite being cucked on the big stage for half a decade.

You bought the regular season hype hook line and sinker back in 2015-2016 as a young child and have been desperately defending that embarrasing choice ever since. :cheers:

Shows how much you know about how Curry affects a game. Could Draymond become a scoring monster without Curry drawing all the defensive attention? Could Iguodala score as efficiently? It seems you think they could. No wonder you seem to value the FMVP and Rachel Nichol's opinion so highly.

Cucked? He's the one with the winning record. We'll see in the future if that or FMVPs are what history values.

2015-2016 hype? He's gone on to 3 more finals appearances with 2 more rings and several playoffs records. Curry lived up to the hype unlike many lesser players.

Axe
06-14-2020, 08:24 PM
Shows how much you know about how Curry affects a game. Could Draymond become a scoring monster without Curry drawing all the defensive attention? Could Iguodala score as efficiently? It seems you think they could. No wonder you seem to value the FMVP and Rachel Nichol's opinion so highly.

Cucked? He's the one with the winning record. We'll see in the future if that or FMVPs are what history values.

2015-2016 hype? He's gone on to 3 more finals appearances with 2 more rings and several playoffs records. Curry lived up to the hype unlike many lesser players.
https://lakergifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/KerrAngry.gif

RRR3
06-14-2020, 08:29 PM

Iguodala scored 19.9 PPG before, why are you acting like dude couldn't score? He's a very unselfish player, but he could score. Curry didn't make him a scorer, his scoring went down with Curry in fact. Draymond has never been a scoring monster in his life you are on bath salts.

Bronbron23
06-14-2020, 09:02 PM

1. MJ
2. LeBron
3. Kareem
4. Magic
5. Shaq
6. Russell
7. Bird
8. Kobe
9. Duncan
10. Hakeem

exactly. Its not that hes not good enough or dosn't deserve to be its just that theres other guys who were q it better and deserve it more. Nothing wrong with being a top 15 or top 20 player all time. Especially for his size.

Axe
06-14-2020, 09:07 PM
Some people already think that he's certified to be a goat probably just because he, along with klay, emerged as the splash bros and changed how the games are being played nowadays but still, it's kind of overrated if that's how it is.

warriorfan
06-14-2020, 10:47 PM

:lebronamazed:
Big time ether

Watching how people rank Curry is a huge iq marker. There are some subhumans out there who just don’t get it.

Turbo Slayer
06-15-2020, 07:25 AM
Curry is just a super duper charged version of Reggie Miller with way better playmaking, shooting, and peak. He's top 20 or 25 (depending on how you feel) but not top 10.

Curry is an amazing player. He is the GOAT shooter for a reason as well. But he doesn't deserve to be mentioned in the likes of Malone, Robertson, Bryant, Bird, Duncan, O'Neal, and so forth.

deathawaitu
06-15-2020, 10:45 AM

I have a tough time to put Curry in the top 10 right now,

Currently I have him and Lebron just outside of top 10.

The general public consensus have both of them on the outside looking in, however one more ring for each player will definitely move them into the top 10 immediately

Stanley Kobrick
06-15-2020, 10:48 AM
Easy.

high iq post Illegal D

Stephonit
06-15-2020, 10:49 AM
Curry is just a super duper charged version of Reggie Miller with way better playmaking, shooting, and peak. He's top 20 or 25 (depending on how you feel) but not top 10.

Curry is an amazing player. He is the GOAT shooter for a reason as well. But he doesn't deserve to be mentioned in the likes of Malone, Robertson, Bryant, Bird, Duncan, O'Neal, and so forth.

According to one guy making a detailed list Reggie Miller is top 30. A super duper charged version sounds top 10.

Might as well ask what makes the likes of Malone, Robertson, Bryant, Bird, Duncan, O'Neal, and so forth deserving to be mentioned with Curry.

Stanley Kobrick
06-15-2020, 11:06 AM
Reggie Miller has multiple iconic playoff moments. imagine reggie miller getting out played and losing Finals MVP to Rik Smits and Derek McKey 3-5 years in a row

Roundball_Rock
06-15-2020, 11:11 AM

Hakeem 27/9/4 56% TS
Ewing 19/12/2 39% TS

He got cooked by his assignment. Besides, by your own standard, defenses doesn't matter. Just efficiency. What is 39% TS from a center?

Stanley Kobrick
06-15-2020, 11:19 AM
after nearly 75 posts, it seems not a single user agrees stephen curry should be even remotely considered for top 10 let alone top 20

Hey Yo
06-15-2020, 11:56 AM
Sure:

Kobe hadn't been labeled a superstar yet in 2000, but was All-NBA that year though.

When did LeBron play with 2 All-Defensive teammates in the same year (2015 Green and Bogut) Green was actually runner-up for DPOY that year. Plus Klay made All-NBA that year. James has never played with teammates like that.

RRR3
06-15-2020, 12:51 PM
Hakeem 27/9/4 56% TS
Ewing 19/12/2 39% TS

He got cooked by his assignment. Besides, by your own standard, defenses doesn't matter. Just efficiency. What is 39% TS from a center?

:roll: I see you found my pic :lol

999Guy
06-15-2020, 01:58 PM
Sure:

You’re just bad at this. Hakeem “missed” playing the greatest potential rival of his era? That’s actually wrong. Jordan and the Bulls weren’t good enough to make it in 95. And even if he didn’t come out of retirement in 95, that would still be dumb to say. How does Hakeem “miss” Jordan but not the other way around?

And then what does that have to do with Hakeem as a player anyway?

If you could win titles based on circumstances like you are implying with that statement and some of the other players careers you just tried to define, then why care about titles when comparing players in the first place?

You’re arbitrary and awful. I should just write off Curry’s career for playing with multiple all-league talents like you just did with Magic.

Stephonit
06-15-2020, 03:00 PM
You’re just bad at this. Hakeem “missed” playing the greatest potential rival of his era? That’s actually wrong. Jordan and the Bulls weren’t good enough to make it in 95. And even if he didn’t come out of retirement in 95, that would still be dumb to say. How does Hakeem “miss” Jordan but not the other way around?

That you know who I was talking about without me even saying who is indicative. That they didn't play against each other can be taken against Jordan. Jordan though did make it to the appointment six times which is significantly more than Hakeem.

And then what does that have to do with Hakeem as a player anyway?
He didn't dominate.

If you could win titles based on circumstances like you are implying with that statement and some of the other players careers you just tried to define, then why care about titles when comparing players in the first place?

You’re arbitrary and awful. I should just write off Curry’s career for playing with multiple all-league talents like you just did with Magic.

Nothing arbitrary about it. Curry's situation was not Magic's situation. Curry set records with players who hadn't independently proven themselves elsewhere and, when paired with one who had, scared the league and drove fans of other teams to despair. There is all of NBA history to compare against and the Warriors compare very favorably whatever comparison one might wish to bring up.

Roundball_Rock
06-15-2020, 03:10 PM
Does that mean Durant is top 10 all-time or even top 5 because he was better than Curry during their primes, including when they were teammates?

Stephonit
06-15-2020, 03:14 PM
Does that mean Durant is top 10 all-time or even top 5 because he was better than Curry during their primes, including when they were teammates?

You can try making the argument.

999Guy
06-15-2020, 04:52 PM
That you know who I was talking about without me even saying who is indicative. That they didn't play against each other can be taken against Jordan. Jordan though did make it to the appointment six times which is significantly more than Hakeem.

He didn't dominate.
Hakeem won MVP, DPOY, and FMVP in a single season with ZERO ALL-STARS or ALL-NBA level help, yet he was not dominant according to you. You are beyond stupid trying to force this flaccid dick argument into reality’s tight ****.

Nothing arbitrary about it. Curry's situation was not Magic's situation. Curry set records with players who hadn't independently proven themselves elsewhere and, when paired with one who had, scared the league and drove fans of other teams to despair. There is all of NBA history to compare against and the Warriors compare very favorably whatever comparison one might wish to bring up.At what point did Curry prove himself and Iggy/Klay/Bogut/Draymond didn’t?

They were a first round knockout in 2014 when he was an all-NBA player. The Warriors massive improvement came from Kerr optimizing the rest of the team. Iggy was an all-star, Draymond went from backup to all-league defensive team, all-nba, DPOY, and all-star from 2014 to 2016. Klay became an all-star and all-NBA player when Kerr joined. Those teams weren’t the GS Curry’s.

Let alone KD, a league MVP in his peak. Saying anybody wasn’t “proven” pre-Curry is like saying Curry isn’t proven without them.

You’re giving Curry all the credit, none of the blame for failures. The guy has never won FMVP, and really wouldn’t have been playoff MVP in any year except arguably 2017, with the coziest situation for a guard ever, yet he’s more dominant than guys who wiped the league clean with pure role player talent next to him? And supposed to have worse talent and help than Magic did? Nonsense.

tpols
06-15-2020, 05:06 PM
Curry is knocking on that top 10 door.

Who we kicking out, hakeem or bran?

RRR3
06-15-2020, 05:08 PM

Who we kicking out, hakeem or bran?
Unfortunately for you, almost everyone has LeBron top 5, with many having him top 3 or higher. Yikes. Hope all that time spent trying to convince people he sucked on ISH was worth it, slugger.

Turbo Slayer
06-15-2020, 05:22 PM

Who we kicking out, hakeem or bran? LeBron, MJ, Kareem, Russell, Shaq, and a select few like Duncan, Bird, etc. are GOAT candidates. Giannis also has the potential to be a GOAT candiate but we shall see in 10 years.

Curry is not. So I don't know what are you comparing too.

Must be nice spending 10 years worth of your life (around 3650 days!) dedicating to hating on LeBron. I sure hope it was worth it for your sake.

scuzzy
06-15-2020, 06:30 PM
Doesn't really matter how you mix n match your ATG's, if you look at the usual Top 20 candidates they are all multi dimensional and play defense

For shits

1. Mj
2. Lebron
3. Kareem
4. Duncan
5. Magic
6. Shaq
7. Hakeem
8. Wilt
9. Russell
10. Bird
11. Oscar
12. Kobe
13. Dr J
14. Jerry west
15. Moses
16. KG
17. Malone
18. Durant
19. Dirk
20. Drob

None of these guys get subbed out of games for being a black hole on defense, most even guarded each other. If they're having an off scoring game they make up for it in other areas, defense, rebounding, vocal leadership, w/e

Nash was a poor defender but he made up for it by being the craftiest floor general and one of the best passers all time - on top of being one of the best shooters

If Curry's not hitting 3's after curling off 3 screens he becomes a liability. If opposing teams have a backcourt threat Curry's picking up the weakest link.

Give any Top 20 ATG Andre Iguodala, Boogie Cousins, Draymond Green, Shaun Livingston and they'd get ridiculed for getting spanked by the Raps. Same team that was called scrubs for half past decade. Even Ben Simmons took them to 7 games

GSW down 2 allstars instead of 4, nah Curry has no chance vs Lowry :oldlol:

Axe
06-15-2020, 06:45 PM
Mods need to close down this thread

Meticode
06-15-2020, 06:46 PM
For me personally, unless Curry wins at least one FMVP as clearly the best player on his team he's not cracking my Top 10. Top 15? Sure. He'll go down as the greatest shooter as all time.

Hey Yo
06-15-2020, 06:54 PM
For me personally, unless Curry wins at least one FMVP as clearly the best player on his team he's not cracking my Top 10. Top 15? Sure. He'll go down as the greatest shooter as all time.
Greatest "3pt shooter" of all time.

His shooting inside the arc (other than at the rim) is pretty much non-existent.

Hey Yo
06-15-2020, 06:57 PM
Hakeem won MVP, DPOY, and FMVP in a single season with ZERO ALL-STARS or ALL-NBA level help, yet he was not dominant according to you. You are beyond stupid trying to force this flaccid dick argument into reality’s tight ****.
:oldlol:

warriorfan
06-16-2020, 06:57 AM
low iq incel alert

Wally450
06-16-2020, 09:35 AM
Is there a reasonable way to put Curry in the top 10?

The names you said he has a case over is :roll: :roll:

Stephonit
06-16-2020, 09:45 AM
Is there a reasonable way to put Curry in the top 10?

The names you said he has a case over is :roll: :roll:

Easily. It's pretty clear there are a great many here who abjectly fail to comprehend just how strong Curry's case is already. Record. Record. UMVP. Greatest team of all-time.

You clear out space in the top ten if need be but you find a way to get that guy in there. If not the credibility of the top ten comes into question.

warriorfan
06-16-2020, 09:50 AM
Easily. It's pretty clear there are a great many here who abjectly fail to comprehend just how strong Curry's case is already. Record. Record. UMVP. Greatest team of all-time.

You clear out space in the top ten if need be but you find a way to get that guy in there. If not the credibility of the top ten comes into question.

Dude is fuming that his celtics hasn’t been relevant for a decade. And they only managed to win one title. :lol

AirBonner
06-16-2020, 01:17 PM
Curry “pippen’d” himself when he allowed Durant to join his team. 17-25 is the top spots he can realistically be ranked

Stephonit
06-16-2020, 03:29 PM
Curry “pippen’d” himself when he allowed Durant to join his team. 17-25 is the top spots he can realistically be ranked

Basically shows the loser mentality at work among people who don't know how to win. Winners win no matter what role that may require. You're just showing you judge things on how things look and stories that are told not what they do. Unsurprising given how media has trained the lemmings who follow it.

light
06-16-2020, 03:42 PM

That's not just here. It's everywhere on Earth.

Forcing the undeserving Curry into the top ten invalidates the top ten for everyone on the planet except you.

Stephonit
06-16-2020, 03:47 PM
That's not just here. It's everywhere on Earth.

Forcing the undeserving Curry into the top ten invalidates the top ten for everyone on the planet except you.

You are in a media bubble. When that pops, you will see.

Vino24
06-16-2020, 04:45 PM
Basically shows the loser mentality at work among people who don't know how to win. Winners win no matter what role that may require. You're just showing you judge things on how things look and stories that are told not what they do. Unsurprising given how media has trained the lemmings who follow it.

That would be like MJ taking a backseat to Barkley

Stephonit
06-16-2020, 06:36 PM
That would be like MJ taking a backseat to Barkley

As I said, trained by the media. Ever since the media saw how profitable it was to promote Jordan they've been pushing the next star in the Jordan mold on the public. Where before team players were highly respected the media has since pushed stars known for their individual stat stuffing. Iverson, Kobe, Melo, Wade, LeBron get their attention while someone like Duncan is ignored as much as possible. But do carry on and remember to buy their shoes.

Axe
06-16-2020, 07:12 PM
Wow, in just less than 3 days, thread's about to reach 100 replies already.

Turbo Slayer
06-16-2020, 10:35 PM
As I said, trained by the media. Ever since the media saw how profitable it was to promote Jordan they've been pushing the next star in the Jordan mold on the public. Where before team players were highly respected the media has since pushed stars known for their individual stat stuffing. Iverson, Kobe, Melo, Wade, LeBron get their attention while someone like Duncan is ignored as much as possible. But do carry on and remember to buy their shoes. Or maybe the fact remains some players you listed are way better in value/career than Curry? It mostly has nothing to do with the media. Also calling the forementioned players statpadders is hilarious.
Is the definition of statpadding is piling up points when up 10+ points in the 1st quarter? Or something else? You fail to mention the definition of what statpadding means to you. If statpadding means piling up stats in a loss that means Curry and the above mentioned players did statpad rendering your "statpadding" point useless and contradictory.

Stephonit
06-19-2020, 09:40 PM
Or maybe the fact remains some players you listed are way better in value/career than Curry? It mostly has nothing to do with the media. Also calling the forementioned players statpadders is hilarious.
Is the definition of statpadding is piling up points when up 10+ points in the 1st quarter? Or something else? You fail to mention the definition of what statpadding means to you. If statpadding means piling up stats in a loss that means Curry and the above mentioned players did statpad rendering your "statpadding" point useless and contradictory.

Lemming. Haven't heard an original idea from you. Keep referring to some basketball forum aside from this one where one gets the impression you got nearly everything you know from but which has a reputation for censoring those who don't toe the party line.

Statpadding in the first quarter? That's called building a lead. Winners tend to do that.

Stanley Kobrick
06-19-2020, 09:44 PM
Wow, in just less than 3 days, thread's about to reach 100 replies already.
after over 100 replies, it seems we still have yet to find one person who believe stephen curry belongs in the top 20

Axe
06-19-2020, 09:50 PM
after over 100 replies, it seems we still have yet to find one person who believe stephen curry belongs in the top 20
Do you think it will take forever? I think i can have him at the 21st spot at best.

Stephonit
06-21-2020, 11:44 PM
Doesn't really matter how you mix n match your ATG's, if you look at the usual Top 20 candidates they are all multi dimensional and play defense

[...]

None of these guys get subbed out of games for being a black hole on defense, most even guarded each other. If they're having an off scoring game they make up for it in other areas, defense, rebounding, vocal leadership, w/e

Nash was a poor defender but he made up for it by being the craftiest floor general and one of the best passers all time - on top of being one of the best shooters

If Curry's not hitting 3's after curling off 3 screens he becomes a liability. If opposing teams have a backcourt threat Curry's picking up the weakest link.

Give any Top 20 ATG Andre Iguodala, Boogie Cousins, Draymond Green, Shaun Livingston and they'd get ridiculed for getting spanked by the Raps. Same team that was called scrubs for half past decade. Even Ben Simmons took them to 7 games

GSW down 2 allstars instead of 4, nah Curry has no chance vs Lowry :oldlol:

Saying a top guy must look and play a certain way is simply dumb bias. The kind of thinking that causes a team to draft Hasheem Thabeet ahead of a winner. A top guy must win period. From what I can recall the times Curry was subbed out like the first Christmas game with KD the Warriors lost.

Suggesting Nash does more than Curry is silly. Curry simply by being on the floor does more. Even if Curry's shooting is cold he remains a threat. The mere threat of him getting hot demands constant defensive vigilance because he can single-handedly turn a game around unlike nearly any other player. Refer to Game 6 of the 2019 series vs. the Rockets.

Boogie Cousins was so good in the finals at the end there that it seemed he was attracting calls against the Warriors on every possession. Iguodala and Livingston were so good that the Warriors front office decided to endure a rebuild by letting them go. The Raptors were so good that no one here is saying they would have won without Kawhi. Do you want to be the first so we can start ridiculing you?

Sulico
06-22-2020, 01:30 AM
No, there is no reasonable way to do it.

Right now a lot of peoples feelings hurt by Curry's GSW. And rightfully so. In the beginning of the 10's decade people thought that Lebron and Durant will be two players to split all the accolades and rings. One had two teams full of stars handpicked by him, and the other had a young team with 3 future MVPs.
Curry came out of nowhere, stopped Lebron at 3, made Durant join him in order to get any rings at all, didn't let anybody in the West touch finals for half a decade. That left a lot of people angry.

But when all of that will be forgotten, Curry will be in most peoples top10.
2 time MVPs, 3 time champions dont grow on trees, even if Curry fails to improve on that.
GSW is Steph's team, we all know that, even if some guys pretend that it's Kerr's or Durant's team, they do it to win an argument.
And GSW is one of 3 or 4 best NBA teams that ever stepped on the court.

You can't leave 2 time MVP, 3 time champion, and leader of arguably the best team to ever play the game out of top 10. Not if you honest and objective.

RRR3
06-22-2020, 01:34 AM
No, there is no reasonable way to do it.

Right now a lot of peoples feelings hurt by Curry's GSW. And rightfully so. In the beginning of the 10's decade people thought that Lebron and Durant will be two players to split all the accolades and rings. One had two teams full of stars handpicked by him, and the other had a young team with 3 future MVPs.
Curry came out of nowhere, stopped Lebron at 3, made Durant join him in order to get any rings at all, didn't let anybody in the West touch finals for half a decade. That left a lot of people angry.

But when all of that will be forgotten, Curry will be in most peoples top10.
2 time MVPs, 3 time champions dont grow on trees, even if Curry fails to improve on that.
GSW is Steph's team, we all know that, even if some guys pretend that it's Kerr's or Durant's team, they do it to win an argument.
And GSW is one of 3 or 4 best NBA teams that ever stepped on the court.

You can't leave 2 time MVP, 3 time champion, and leader of arguably the best team to ever play the game out of top 10. Not if you honest and objective.
You do realize everyone knows this is you, right, Stephonit?

Stephonit
06-22-2020, 01:42 AM

I don't know much about Eastern European basketball sorry.

Sulico
06-22-2020, 01:44 AM

Don't be ridiculous. The fact that two people agree on one topic doesn't make them the same person. I'm pretty sure I live around 20000 Km away from that guy, assuming he is american.

Stephonit
06-22-2020, 01:47 AM
Don't be ridiculous. The fact that two people agree on one topic doesn't make them the same person. I'm pretty sure I live around 20000 Km away from that guy, assuming he is american.

Indeed. It shouldn't be surprising that two independent observers can come to the conclusion that the greatest player in basketball (my view, don't know about Sulico's) is great.

Sulico
06-22-2020, 01:54 AM
Indeed. It shouldn't be surprising that two independent observers can come to the conclusion that the greatest player in basketball (my view, don't know about Sulico's) is great.

Well, I'm not ready to call Steph the GOAT, but I'm not keeping him out of my top 10, that's for damn sure.

Axe
06-22-2020, 02:33 AM
Well, I'm not ready to call Steph the GOAT, but I'm not keeping him out of my top 10, that's for damn sure.
Why are you replying to your main one?

Stephonit
06-22-2020, 04:00 AM
Why are you replying to your main one?

Why so bewildered? You cannot believe that we're not one and the same? I guess it must be difficult for insecure fans of lesser player to think fans of Stephen Curry aren't as likely to have alts.

Uncle Drew
06-22-2020, 04:02 AM
You could have made it somewhat less obvious by taking on a different way of phrasing your sentences on the alt, but here's hoping someone might fall for it. Perhaps you'll be able to find an iconic moment of Steph on this new account as well, who knows!

Axe
06-22-2020, 04:21 AM
Why so bewildered? You cannot believe that we're not one and the same? I guess it must be difficult for insecure fans of lesser player to think fans of Stephen Curry aren't as likely to have alts.
Just admit it; you own that dup.

Stephonit
06-22-2020, 04:23 AM
You could have made it somewhat less obvious by taking on a different way of phrasing your sentences on the alt, but here's hoping someone might fall for it. Perhaps you'll be able to find an iconic moment of Steph on this new account as well, who knows!

Phrasing? I don't worry about phrasing because it's not me. But go ahead and believe what you wish and include it among the other mistaken ideas you believe in. I'll just continue to chuckle at how wrong you and the rest are about this and other matters.

Uncle Drew
06-22-2020, 04:30 AM
Phrasing? I don't worry about phrasing because it's not me. But go ahead and believe what you wish and include it among the other mistaken ideas you believe in. I'll just continue to chuckle at how wrong you and the rest are about this and other matters.

Considering you've spent about 100 posts trying to convince us by using the same gifs of the same plays I beg to differ, and it would seem you would as well.

Uncle Drew
06-22-2020, 04:31 AM
Unfortunately, it seems I am wrong. It's actually 213 posts.

Stephonit
06-22-2020, 04:34 AM
Considering you've spent about 100 posts trying to convince us by using the same gifs of the same plays I beg to differ, and it would seem you would as well.

I'm pretty certain I've used a wider variety of images to support my case than others have to support theirs so that's just another mistake to add to your long tally.

Uncle Drew
06-22-2020, 04:39 AM
I'm pretty certain I've used a wider variety of images to support my case than others have to support theirs so that's just another mistake to add to your long tally.

A variety of non-iconic, front running jumpshots up 15 with 6 minutes to play is a case of same difference. You once even resorted to plays made by Klay. Your case died then and there. It's been 1000+ posts and a single iconic moment is yet to fall upon us (not counting the negatives, otherwise there'd be a ton).

Stephonit
06-22-2020, 04:52 AM
A variety of non-iconic, front running jumpshots up 15 with 6 minutes to play is a case of same difference. You once even resorted to plays made by Klay. Your case died then and there. It's been 1000+ posts and a single iconic moment is yet to fall upon us (not counting the negatives, otherwise there'd be a ton).

Curry's game is so varied that he even shares iconic moments with his teammates and I showed examples of such. Too bad lesser players don't have such moments.

What you miss is that Curry changed the game. The definition of iconic widens when applied to such a revolutionary figure. Others are restricted to the media popularized idea of iconic, this last few seconds palaver you seem attached to. Curry as a revolutionary on the other hand defines the iconic with his actions and is not merely defined by events like other lesser players are.

Sulico
06-22-2020, 04:54 AM

I'll take it as a compliment since English is my third language.

I didn't read that "iconic moment" thread, since it has something like 70 pages, but I saw it on a front page.
I assume it's a bunch of Steph's haters acting like "I'm back" never happened or 2 players running to cover Curry for Durant's open dunk never happened or they never heard of the only time box+1 D been used in playoffs.

Uncle Drew
06-22-2020, 04:57 AM

I didn't read that "iconic moment" thread, since it has something like 70 pages, but I saw it on a front page.
I assume it's a bunch of Steph's haters acting like "I'm back" never happened or 2 players running to cover Curry for Durant's open dunk never happened or they never heard of the only time box+1 D been used in playoffs.

Perhaps this account will be able to explain to me why Steph Curry only has 4 more votes for Finals MVP than me, despite playing in the Finals 5 times.

Stephonit
06-22-2020, 05:00 AM

You know I haven't even covered that last one yet. Surely in all the years of the NBA there were other cases? Also it did come in a loss so I didn't focus on it. There's so much to cover just in the wins as it is. But I'll have to file it away as yet another instance to bring up.

Sulico
06-22-2020, 06:07 AM
Perhaps this account will be able to explain to me why Steph Curry only has 4 more votes for Finals MVP than me, despite playing in the Finals 5 times.

Sure, this account can try.

Steph's best and by far my favourite feature is his ability to lift up his teammates.
My favourite player of all time is Manu Ginobili. The most unselfish player who ever played the game.
Steph is not far behind him, maybe even shares this title.
Any advanced stat and plus/minus tells us that Manu was one of the best players in the mid 00's and arguably best player of 2005. He made most impact when he stepped on the floor.
Yet he is only 2 time all-star and not even all-nba in 2005.

Steph is the same, he make people around him better, everyone who goes to another team becomes worse.
Steph did get some accolades, despite being so unselfish. It was hard to not give him MVPs in 15 and 16, but then again, he had more WS, BPM and VORP than Kobe in 2013, Kobe was all-star starter and 1st team All-NBA, Curry not all-star, not all-NBA. Yet he lifted David Lee, who would be out of NBA in couple of years, to 2013 all-star game.

That game in college when 2 players of opponents team guarded Curry and he scored 0 points but his team playing 3x4 won by 50 or something is perfect game to showcase Steph and what he's all about. Who would media pick as MVP of that game? Thats right, one of Steph's teammates with something like 28 points and 10 rebounds.

But Stephs fans know who's really behind all those championships, finals, RS records etc. and we just really disappointed some NBA fans can't see that or choose not to because their feelings were hurt by Steph.

Uncle Drew
06-22-2020, 07:00 AM

Steph's best and by far my favourite feature is his ability to lift up his teammates.
My favourite player of all time is Manu Ginobili. The most unselfish player who ever played the game.
Any advanced stat and plus/minus tells us that Manu was one of the best players in the mid 00's and arguably best player of 2005. He made most impact when he stepped on the floor.

Steph is the same, he make people around him better, everyone who goes to another team becomes worse.
Steph did get some accolades, despite being so unselfish. It was hard to not give him MVPs in 15 and 16, but then again, he had more WS, BPM and VORP than Kobe in 2013, Kobe was all-star starter and 1st team All-NBA, Curry not all-star, not all-NBA. Yet he lifted David Lee, who would be out of NBA in couple of years, to 2013 all-star game.

That game in college when 2 players of opponents team guarded Curry and he scored 0 points but his team playing 3x4 won by 50 or something is perfect game to showcase Steph and what he's all about. Who would media pick as MVP of that game? Thats right, one of Steph's teammates with something like 28 points and 10 rebounds.

But Stephs fans know who's really behind all those championships, finals, RS records etc. and we just really disappointed some NBA fans can't see that or choose not to because their feelings were hurt by Steph.

I didn't ask for a career resume. I asked why he only has 4 more FMVP votes than me.

Sulico
06-22-2020, 07:45 AM
I didn't ask for a career resume. I asked why he only has 4 more FMVP votes than me.

And I answered you.
If that was too long and complex for you here is short resume:

Curry plays for his teammates, not his stats, so they get awards (like FMVP), while he is still main force behind success.

Axe
06-22-2020, 08:45 AM
And I answered you.

Curry plays for his teammates, not his stats, so they get awards (like FMVP), while he is still main force behind success.
Why am i not convinced?

tpols
06-22-2020, 08:46 AM

Damn... absolutely ethered.

And I answered you.

that's still too long for him.

Uncle Drew
06-22-2020, 09:25 AM
https://i.ytimg.com/vi/VBu7IIBtb_w/hqdefault.jpg

Look at this amazing team player. I keep stacking Ws.

warriorfan
06-22-2020, 10:57 AM
Why am i not convinced?

Well you do have a pretty low iq...I mean take a look at your posting history. It’s like you barley speak English.

Axe
06-22-2020, 10:59 AM
Well you do have a pretty low iq...I mean take a look at your posting history. It’s like you barley speak English.
Wew... Come on, welfarefan. :(

This form of bullying is unnecessary, as i only asked a simple question. Btw, what's 'barley'?

warriorfan
06-22-2020, 11:02 AM
Wew... Come on, welfarefan. :(

This form of bullying is unnecessary. Btw, what's 'barley'?

All you do is spam the forum with one line nonsense and carrying on about people’s “dups”. You don’t add any value to the forum it’s just extra clutter for people to read posts with actual substance. Kick rocks ching chong. Go spam it up somewhere else.

Axe
06-22-2020, 11:06 AM
All you do is spam the forum with one line nonsense and carrying on about people’s “dups”. You don’t add any value to the forum it’s just extra clutter for people to read posts with actual substance. Kick rocks ching chong. Go spam it up somewhere else.
Lol what the hell are you talking about? You don't even know what a dup is?

On a note tho, i guess you're hating on me because you know that i despise your fave team and curry.