PDA

View Full Version : Uncle Drew vs. Uncle Tom: who you got?

dreamshake
06-14-2020, 06:42 PM
Team Uncle Drew
PG: Damian Lillard / George Hill
SG: Kyrie Irving / Donovan Mitchell
SF: Jerami Grant
PF: Kevin Durant
C: Dwight Howard

Team Uncle Tom
PG: Chris Paul
SG: Austin Rivers
SF: Garrett Temple
PF: Michael Porter Jr
C: LeBron James

FultzNationRISE
06-14-2020, 06:46 PM
:roll:

ISB, is your DoctorP account banned or did you abandon it?

totti950
06-14-2020, 06:52 PM
Definitely team uncle Drew!

dreamshake
06-14-2020, 07:31 PM
Team Uncle Drew just acquired Lou Williams.

Team Uncle Tom picks up Danny Green.

r0drig0lac
06-14-2020, 08:59 PM
uncle Tom http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/images/smilies/lol.gif

dreamshake
06-14-2020, 09:05 PM

Apparently I’m everybody on ISH :roll:

Reggie43
06-14-2020, 09:08 PM
Harsh :oldlol:

Bronbron23
06-14-2020, 09:10 PM
Team Uncle Drew
PG: Damian Lillard / George Hill
SG: Kyrie Irving / Donovan Mitchell
SF: Jerami Grant
PF: Kevin Durant
C: Dwight Howard

Team Uncle Tom
PG: Chris Paul
SG: Austin Rivers
SF: Garrett Temple
PF: Michael Porter Jr
C: LeBron James

why do you call them uncle toms? Thats a pretty big accusation bruh. Funny thing is all the ignorant shit makes alot of ninjas claim they're real while positive shit like getting a good job, moving out the ghetto and leaving the ignorant shit behind makes others give those people the uncle tom name.

I used to think this way until i started traveling and seeing the world and meeting all kinds of different black folk. Thats when i realized that alot of north American blacks have a very narrow minded view of what it means to black.

Not saying this is the case with you. Maybe those cats really did some uncle tom type shit. Its just often thats not the case.

dreamshake
06-14-2020, 09:14 PM
why do you call them uncle toms? Thats a pretty big accusation bruh. Funny thing is all the ignorant shit makes alot of ninjas claim they're real while positive shit like getting a good job, moving out the ghetto and leaving the ignorant shit behind makes others give those people the uncle tom name.

I used to think this way until i started traveling and seeing the world and meeting all kinds of different black folk. Thats when i realized that a lot of north American blacks have a very narrow minded view of what it means to black.

Not saying this is the case with you. Maybe those cats really did some uncle tom type shit. Its just often thats not the case.

Chris Paul has been caught on record by teammates like Kenyon Martin and DeAndre Jordan as snitching to the front office Caucasian executives about wanting certain guys traded and get them to sign him to a large bloated contract at the expense of his fellow teammates.

LeBron James at the beginning of this season sold his rights to China because Morey’s tweet hurt him “emotionally, financially and spiritually”.

I’ll let you read up on the other three but they’re fairly recent news.

Bronbron23
06-14-2020, 09:34 PM
Chris Paul has been caught on record by teammates like Kenyon Martin and DeAndre Jordan as snitching to the front office Caucasian executives about wanting certain guys traded and get them to sign him to a large bloated contract at the expense of his fellow teammates.

LeBron James at the beginning of this season sold his rights to China because Morey’s tweet hurt him “emotionally, financially and spiritually”.

I’ll let you read up on the other three but they’re fairly recent news.

Well not sure either of those would classify them as uncle toms. In cp3 case it definitely makes him a snitch and shitth teammate but not sure about uncle tom. In brons case he sold out a bunch of asians not black people so that definitely makes him a hypocrite but again not an uncle tom.

dreamshake
06-14-2020, 09:36 PM
Well not sure either of those would classify them as uncle toms. In cp3 case it definitely makes him a snitch and shitth teammate but not sure about uncle tom. In brons case he sold out a bunch of asians not black people so that definitely makes him a hypocrite but again not an uncle tom.

Fine. Uncle Tong.

dreamshake
06-14-2020, 09:52 PM
Harsh :oldlol:

As Paul Pierce would say after getting stabbed, the truth hurts.

Bronbron23
06-14-2020, 09:54 PM
Fine. Uncle Tong.:roll:

light
06-14-2020, 10:06 PM
https://s7.gifyu.com/images/Screenshot_20200614-183837_Chrome.jpg

Like his mentor Kobe, Kyrie has also been known as an Uncle Tom for years.

Look at Kobe's wife and Kyrie's girlfriends (and baby mama).

https://s7.gifyu.com/images/20200614_190359.jpg

Compare that to a true King with his Queen and their beautiful black family.

https://s7.gifyu.com/images/lebronjamesfamily.jpg

dreamshake
06-15-2020, 10:53 AM
uncle Tom http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/images/smilies/lol.gif

Tom Foolery

DoctorP
06-15-2020, 10:55 AM

rentfree all day in the mind of Fultz

PP34Deuce
06-15-2020, 02:26 PM
Don't let this whole BLM fool you from forgetting that professional athletes are ego-centric individuals. There is no current Muhammed Ali. Colin Kaepernick was the closest but his play on the field couldn't sustain.

We can only make assumptions but my assumptions are:

Kyrie and KD want to end the season and come back stronger to beat the east.
Dwight has made so much money and his legacy is set.
Donovan Mitchell had the symptoms and doesn't want it again, he also doesn't want to mess up his max extension he's due next year.
George Hill is 34 and a roleplayer--He's out the league in 2 years.

Team Lebron are all guys that are in their prime/back 9 of their prime and don't want to waste a year.

Both sides are selfish for various reasons.

I'm sick of everyone trying to piggy back on BLM. A lot of the athletes have talked about it before it blew up. They just want to play/not play for personal reasons.

dreamshake
06-15-2020, 02:54 PM
Team Uncle Drew picks up the sharpshooting Morris brothers

Team Uncle Tom picks up energy hustle big Ed Davis

ZenMaster7210
06-15-2020, 03:09 PM
Fine. Uncle Tong.

:oldlol::(:pimp::oldlol:

Manny98
06-15-2020, 03:13 PM
LeBron & Ed Davis on the same team?

https://i.postimg.cc/hP1rhvKK/tenor.gif

dreamshake
06-16-2020, 12:35 PM
Shaking up to be a Marquee matchup tbh

light
06-16-2020, 03:17 PM
Uncle Drew is Uncle Tom

That’s part of the reason why he’s doing this.

Kyrie is the son of a Wall Street bond broker who grew up in the affluent suburban enclave of West Orange, NJ - he has the street cred of Chelsea Clinton - he’s spent years trying to convince people that he’s not actually an Uncle Tom - which is why he’s taking this opportunity to all of a sudden turn militant.

That is, he’s overcompensating.

I.e. He's phoney.

Turbo Slayer
06-16-2020, 11:17 PM
Team Uncle Drew because it has decent fit, more and better depth, and an awesome rim protector and rebounder with Howard in the starting lineup. Team Uncle Tom has no depth and no great rim protection (which proved fatal for 17' Cavaliers and 09' Cavaliers aka no rim protection) and no great rebounder to counter Howard. Over the course of 48 minutes of a NBA game even the most durable players ever can get worn out and tired. That's why it's important to have at least some depth to get your star players some rest in a NBA game so hence my reasons for picking team Uncle Drew.

Axe
06-17-2020, 01:40 AM
https://scontent.fmnl17-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/fr/cp0/e15/q65/102901931_10158624453853944_791509649448679992_n.j pg?_nc_cat=104&_nc_sid=110474&efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9&_nc_eui2=AeGNah9ANmUMw7x9UUgErxuEZDSNrscBJKhkNI2ux wEkqO15MLaFl0u3KtfW3zcEkgWipvvfTMSBLR5WU5OTLihL&_nc_ohc=y2ALlUDeqIQAX-KXGar&_nc_ht=scontent.fmnl17-1.fna&_nc_tp=14&oh=4b2085842e99cba12c387845db2497c8&oe=5F0E24C7