PDA

View Full Version : Tim Duncan vs Michael Jordan 1 on 1.

Lebron23
06-14-2020, 09:49 PM
Who wins this matchup??

Bronbron23
06-14-2020, 09:52 PM
Who wins this matchup??

Hard to say. 1 on 1 is s different animal and usually bigger guys have the advantage because the can just back in. Id probably say duncan but who knows really

RRR3
06-14-2020, 09:53 PM
Duncan duh. How's MJ gonna guard him?

ShawkFactory
06-14-2020, 10:35 PM
Jordan would win because there is no scenario I could imagine where Duncan would give a shit about winning a 1-on-1.

If he had the same maniacal competitiveness about every little thing that Jordan had itÂ’d be a wrap. Big man is always going to win that battle.

LoneyROY7
06-14-2020, 11:13 PM
Stonewall Timmy is putting the clamps on lil Michael.

One of the greatest defensive players of all-time.

ELITEpower23
06-15-2020, 12:52 AM
Stonewall Timmy is putting the clamps on lil Michael.

One of the greatest defensive players of all-time.

+1

iamgine
06-15-2020, 12:58 AM
Bigs usually will win if they follow a certain strategy. Doesn't have to be Duncan, even Eddy Curry could do it.

Marchesk
06-15-2020, 01:55 AM
Prime Hakeem would wreck Lebron.

Turbo Slayer
06-15-2020, 08:22 AM
Tim Duncan. Size is a little bit more important than skill in a 1v1.

Turbo Slayer
06-15-2020, 08:23 AM
Prime Hakeem would wreck Lebron. This too. Hakeem also wins in this matchup too.

tpols
06-15-2020, 09:17 AM
duncan would lose if MJ took it seriously... which he would.

so jordan.

you guys think timmy would be able to dribble 6-7 times over and over without getting poked or stripped away ?

thats not happening. the game starts far away from the hoop.

Turbo Slayer
06-15-2020, 09:25 AM

so jordan.

you guys think timmy would be able to dribble 6-7 times over and over without getting poked or stripped away ?

thats not happening. the game starts far away from the hoop. Tim Duncan destroys LeBron, Kobe, and MJ in a 1v1 matchup. Only a foolish person sees otherwise.

Once Tim Duncan gets the ball in his hands, it's all over.

Reggie43
06-15-2020, 09:48 AM
Bigger players have a natural advantage but thinking they automatically win a one on one game against a more skilled and athletic player its not that simple. Its a mismatch in the post but its a mismatch the other way around on the perimeter so who knows who would win.

IllegalD
06-15-2020, 12:54 PM
Who wins this matchup??

Still triggered by The Last Dance, eh?

:lol

RRR3
06-15-2020, 12:59 PM
Prime Hakeem would wreck Lebron.
I've heard Hakeem was actually about 6'10, though, in which case he'd have a much harder time against LeBron, who is only an inch shorter than that.

Uncle Drew
06-15-2020, 01:00 PM
Considering DK lost to an investment banker, I'm going with Tim Duncan on this one.

jayfan
06-15-2020, 01:30 PM

THIS

People trying to pretend that Duncan's got Hakeem skills in here.

Phoenix
06-15-2020, 01:56 PM

so jordan.

You really think he couldn't turn his back, protect his dribble and back MJ down close enough to get off a good shot? No player with a significant size advantage is going to be out there trying to take the smaller guy off the dribble.

tpols
06-15-2020, 02:35 PM
You really think he couldn't turn his back, protect his dribble and back MJ down close enough to get off a good shot? No player with a significant size advantage is going to be out there trying to take the smaller guy off the dribble.

he's not going to be able to protect his dribble every time for the 100 dribbles hed have to take to back him down 25 feet every bucket in a game to 11 or 21.

you're acting like MJ wasnt the quickest 6'6 player of all time and a DPOY. Duncan would constantly be getting the ball knocked away and have to expend a ton of energy and dribbles.

meanwhile MJ could legit kill duncan with 2-3 dribbles everytime, pullup midrange or dunk.

Phoenix
06-15-2020, 03:38 PM
he's not going to be able to protect his dribble every time for the 100 dribbles hed have to take to back him down 25 feet every bucket in a game to 11 or 21.

you're acting like MJ wasnt the quickest 6'6 player of all time and a DPOY. Duncan would constantly be getting the ball knocked away and have to expend a ton of energy and dribbles.

meanwhile MJ could legit kill duncan with 2-3 dribbles everytime, pullup midrange or dunk.

I'm not acting like anything. You talk enough ball around here to have some concept that size plays a major advantage in one on one. If theres acting going on, it's you acting like Duncan is some talentless bum who wouldn't know how to protect his dribble in this kind of scenario. If Duncan gets the ball first MJ is going to have a hard time getting it on offense. Same as if he played Shaq. Or Hakeem. Same shit like when Kareem killed Dr. J in their little one on one. No, they were light years past their prime, but the mechanics of how that would go is pretty much the same.

Tim Duncan is one of the most fundamentally sound players ever and you gonna play like he wouldn't have a clue how to get a smaller defender on his back and post him up, protect his dribble and get into good position the majority of the time. Someone about 6 inches shorter and 50 pounds lighter than him.

Come on now.

tpols
06-15-2020, 03:47 PM
kareem hakeem & shaq are all much better scorers than duncan, and dr. J is not nearly the 1v1 player MJ is. (or player in general, jordan is just >)

all the 1v1s i've seen and played in were loser's ball keep exchanging possessions.

by 1's and 2's... which makes the 3 pt shot all that more powerful. You guys are overrating big men having to play on the perimeter.

They arent being tossed the ball in the low post like in a game.

Turbo Slayer
06-15-2020, 03:52 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ECX39sAvYxg

Keep in mind that Duncan shown in the video is old and retired and yet he is schooling younger players.

Imagine if it was Prime Duncan. Yikes.

RRR3
06-15-2020, 03:55 PM
kareem hakeem & shaq are all much better scorers than duncan, and dr. J is not nearly the 1v1 player MJ is. (or player in general, jordan is just >)

all the 1v1s i've seen and played in were loser's ball keep exchanging possessions.

by 1's and 2's... which makes the 3 pt shot all that more powerful. You guys are overrating big men having to play on the perimeter.

I'm starting to think you just intentionally take the less popular side in each thread.

Phoenix
06-15-2020, 04:28 PM

Those players being better scorers than Duncan isn't the point. Duncan peaked around 25ppg so it's not like he was a slouch offensively.A game like this depends on whether it's winner or losers outs. Like I said, if Duncan gets the ball first MJ is going to have a hard time. Even your point about him being a DPOY is irrelevant when talking about how he would mano a mano an elite big.

As far as the Kareem/Dr. J thing, that wasn't to compare Dr.J and MJ as players( I thought that would be obvious), but to show that basically, if Kareem( Duncan) gets Dr.J( Jordan) on his hip, he's going to be able to back him into position. I don't care if it takes 25 or 50 dribbles.

tpols
06-15-2020, 04:50 PM
I'm starting to think you just intentionally take the less popular side in each thread.

im serious here.

Magic was 6'9 230+ and one of the best back to the basket dribblers ever... and MJ did just fine on him 1v1. He was selected as his main defender.

Tim Duncan is literally 2 inches and 20 lbs bigger than magic. It's not as big a gap as you would think.

If we were talking shaq just offensive fouling his way to the cup everytime with 100+ lb difference there'd be a stronger point.

Mugsy Bogues was 5'3 and nobody could back him down 1v1 without getting swiped. You guys are underrating MJ's ability to leverage defense and attack the ball.

MrFonzworth
06-15-2020, 07:02 PM
im serious here.

Magic was 6'9 230+ and one of the best back to the basket dribblers ever... and MJ did just fine on him 1v1. He was selected as his main defender.

Tim Duncan is literally 2 inches and 20 lbs bigger than magic. It's not as big a gap as you would think.

If we were talking shaq just offensive fouling his way to the cup everytime with 100+ lb difference there'd be a stronger point.

Mugsy Bogues was 5'3 and nobody could back him down 1v1 without getting swiped. You guys are underrating MJ's ability to leverage defense and attack the ball.

Not even close to true. We just flat out lie for no reason now I see. I absolutely remember Hornacek backing him down with ease.

Reggie43
06-15-2020, 07:12 PM
I remember watching Mugsy Bogues for the first time and screaming at the tv why was the 6'3" - 6'4" guy not backing him down not realizing how a great defender he was. Some allstar think said he was one of the hardest to postup because he will always be in front of you denying the ball so you wont recieve it in the first place. He could get scored on obviously but trying that shit the full 48 mins would disrupt your offense.