PDA

View Full Version : ISH Interns. Stat request

warriorfan
06-16-2020, 09:07 PM
This goes out to all the ISH interns such as TurboSlayer and Rico. We are doing some new research and need to reference both LeBron James’ and Jason Terry’s 4th quarter scoring stats from the 2011 Finals. No rush but we need the numbers by 10pm pacific time. Thanks again.

-wf

Turbo Slayer
06-16-2020, 09:27 PM
Calling me out? Ok. I don't take anything personal.

To contribute to the OP: Well, obviously majority of the blame needs to be placed on LeBron James and the minority/some of the blame should go to depth issues.

LeBron James underperformed relative to RS standards (e.g. 8.9 PPG dropoff from regular season play) too. The depth of Miami was also a issue. The Miami Heat had Bibby and Joel Anthony starting. Joel Anthony was basically a Pete Myers type of player. Mike Bibby would have been great around 8 years back but Bibby and Joel Anthony was inconsistent in the 2011 Finals because Bibby and Anthony shot horribly. Both shot a combined TS% of .381 as starters.

What I don't get is that people don't give credit to the Mavs as a whole. Tyson Chandler discouraged any shots from LeBron in the paint and the Mavericks double teamed LeBron as soon he entered half-court to get the ball out of his hands to prevent LeBron from doing his usual thing. Also the Mavericks and Rick Carlisle did a great job of implementing zone defense into their defense too.

The Mavericks had way more depth too than Miami's in the NBA Finals. Jason Terry (a bench player) outscoring LeBron (a starter) is a example of depth.

Nonetheless LeBron underperformed relative to his usual RS standards and Miami's depth contributed to the Finals loss as well. If LeBron had just played as his usual self Miami would have won the series and the title.

warriorfan
06-16-2020, 09:36 PM

To contribute to the OP: Well, obviously majority of the blame needs to be placed on LeBron James and the minority/some of the blame should go to depth issues.

LeBron James underperformed relative to RS standards (e.g. 8.9 PPG dropoff from regular season play) too. The depth of Miami was also a issue. The Miami Heat had Bibby and Joel Anthony starting. Joel Anthony was basically a Pete Myers type of player. Mike Bibby would have been great around 8 years back but Bibby and Joel Anthony was inconsistent in the 2011 Finals because Bibby and Anthony shot horribly. Both shot a combined TS% of .381 as starters.

What I don't get is that people don't give credit to the Mavs as a whole. Tyson Chandler discouraged any shots from LeBron in the paint and the Mavericks double teamed LeBron as soon he entered half-court to get the ball out of his hands to prevent LeBron from doing his usual thing. Also the Mavericks and Rick Carlisle did a great job of implementing zone defense into their defense too.

The Mavericks had way more depth too than Miami's in the NBA Finals. Jason Terry (a bench player) outscoring LeBron (a starter) is a example of depth.

Nonetheless LeBron underperformed relative to his usual RS standards and Miami's depth contributed to the Finals loss as well. If LeBron had just played as his usual self Miami would have won the series and the title.

What the F.UCK is this gibberish? I asked you for raw data on the 4th quarter scoring of the 2011 Finals. If I wanted to hear low iq inane rambling I would have asked for so. Knock it the f.uck off and give me some numbers.

-wf

RRR3
06-16-2020, 09:38 PM

It's honestly possible the Heat win that series if Spoelstra didn't wait so long to start Chalmers over Bibby, even with LeBron playing that bad.

warriorfan
06-16-2020, 09:41 PM
It's honestly possible the Heat win that series if Spoelstra didn't wait so long to start Chalmers over Bibby, even with LeBron playing that bad.

What the f.uck are you doing over here? Have you completed the InsideHoops transexual hot or not section of the page yet? If not then I don’t want to see your goofy fat ass anywhere around here. Get to it. We both don’t want to get Jeff involved.

-wf

Turbo Slayer
06-16-2020, 09:47 PM

Chalmers was way better as a starter than Bibby. I agree with your point. Chalmers would have provided a scoring punch to the Heat's starting lineup. He was the #1 most efficient player on the Heat in the Finals (TS%). So Spo should have started Chalmers over Bibby and got more minutes.

Turbo Slayer
06-16-2020, 09:50 PM
What the f.uck are you doing over here? Have you completed the InsideHoops transexual hot or not section of the page yet? If not then I don’t want to see your goofy fat ass anywhere around here. Get to it. We both don’t want to get Jeff involved.

-wf You are randomly attacking posters left and right. Stop.

RRR3
06-16-2020, 09:53 PM
Chalmers was way better as a starter than Bibby. I agree with your point. Chalmers would have provided a scoring punch to the Heat's starting lineup. He was the #1 most efficient player on the Heat in the Finals (TS%). So Spo should have started Chalmers over Bibby and got more minutes.
Yep. And Chalmers was huge in the 2012 playoffs (he became the 3rd option after Bosh was injured and did a solid job), including scoring 25 points (many in the clutch) in a pivotal game 4 of the finals.

Roundball_Rock
06-16-2020, 10:09 PM
You are randomly attacking posters left and right. Stop.

He is a nut with various alts. Monta Ellis Fan, BigShotBob (although that may be 3ball), etc. RRR, does he have any others?

Turbo Slayer
06-16-2020, 10:21 PM
He is a nut with various alts. Monta Ellis Fan, BigShotBob (although that may be 3ball), etc. RRR, does he have any others? Warriorfan obsesses over Delonte West being with LeBron's mom. He's... weird and amusing to me, I might say. He continues to post threads bashing LeBron even after several bans. To his credit, he's a stubborn one at that. Although he did me no favors and provoked me and RRR3 which I don't find acceptable or funny. I will just leave it at that.

MrFonzworth
06-16-2020, 11:04 PM
It's so blatantly obvious Turbo doesn't have the slightest idea about how basketball is played. Nerd spends all day working on his spreadsheets when he's not flipping burgers.