PDA

View Full Version : LBJ has the stats, Russell has the rings, KAJ has a power combo of the two...MJ has?

Rico2016
06-20-2020, 04:21 PM
It just dawned on me why the top 3 cemented are so easy to distinguish.

LBJ has all the stat records (and 3 FMVP of course)
Russell has all the ring records (and some good rebound numbers)
Kareem has the GOAT combo of the two (6 Rings and great longevity, #1 in Reg season and #3 in Playoff scoring)

MJ has...None of these? How does he have a case over any of these guys when he doesn't have the 'best' of any these categories?

MJ is the best at nothing therefore he is...the best? :lol Nope

riggyrich
06-20-2020, 05:58 PM
https://cdn.newsapi.com.au/image/v1/8414f51b10ec91a755d8daf1d3020ed9?width=1024

2 3 peats my dude. 2

Duncan21formvp
06-20-2020, 06:22 PM

Kareem has the GOAT combo of the two (6 Rings and great longevity, #1 in Reg season and #3 in Playoff scoring)

MJ has...None of these? How does he have a case over any of these guys when he doesn't have the 'best' of any these categories?

MJ has the stats, rings, MVPs and finals MVPs and scoring titles

Rico2016
06-20-2020, 06:24 PM

You seem like a solid "Tim Duncan" fan bro.

Nashty
06-21-2020, 09:20 AM
He is part of Illuminati, and they own the mainstream media, and they are brainwashing people by saying he is the GOAT while in reality the man is a glorified Latrell Spreewell.

Shogon
06-21-2020, 09:24 AM
https://cdn.newsapi.com.au/image/v1/8414f51b10ec91a755d8daf1d3020ed9?width=1024

2 3 peats my dude. 2

Either a gimmick troll account or fails to recognize that Russell 8 peated. lol. 8, my dude. 8.

Shogon
06-21-2020, 09:25 AM
He is part of Illuminati, and they own the mainstream media, and they are brainwashing people by saying he is the GOAT while in reality the man is a glorified Latrell Spreewell.

Glorified Latrell Spreewell? Like I am with the above quoted poster... unsure if you're stupid or just a troll.

This board is overrun with ignorance and troll accounts and it's only getting worse, lol.

dbugz
06-21-2020, 09:45 AM
what stat?

3/9?
8 points in the finals?

:roll: :roll: :roll:

https://media.giphy.com/media/p0RDMJGgMXF96/giphy.gif

SATAN
06-21-2020, 10:16 AM
Glorified Latrell Spreewell? Like I am with the above quoted poster... unsure if you're stupid or just a troll.

Likely wrong either way, as usual.

Rico2016
06-21-2020, 10:31 AM
what stat?

3/9?
8 points in the finals?

:roll: :roll: :roll:

https://media.giphy.com/media/p0RDMJGgMXF96/giphy.gif

What stats? I always like to use this as a good educational opportunity for people that have been blinded by ESPN/Nike coverage of Jordan. LeBron has all the playoff statistics records:
•1st (most points 6,911)
•1st (most game winners 10)
•1st (most steals 423)
•1st (highest elimination game ppg 34.9)
•1st (most VORP)
•1st (most Win Shares)
•1st (highest PER for entite playoffs through Finals 32.2)
•1st (Only to average triple-double for Finals series 34-12-10)

Should I continue?

Bronbron23
06-21-2020, 11:22 AM

This. What the f*ck is rico talking about :facepalm

Rico2016
06-21-2020, 11:23 AM
This. What the f*ck is rico talking about :facepalm

What stats? I always like to use this as a good educational opportunity for people that have been blinded by ESPN/Nike coverage of Jordan. LeBron has all the playoff statistics records:
•1st (most points 6,911)
•1st (most steals 423)
•1st (most VORP)
•1st (most Win Shares)
•1st (highest PER for entire playoffs through Finals 32.2)

Should I continue?

LostCause
06-21-2020, 12:07 PM
Jordan beats LeBron in most advanced statistics/impact stats. LeBron edges him in cumulative statistics as a reflection of having longer peak/prime, which Jordan didn’t do himself any favors with by retiring

Outside of Russell his teams winning was the greatest we ever saw. Repeat 3peats in 8 years. That’s very rare air for dominance

PeroAntic
06-21-2020, 12:11 PM
still beating the dead horse huh.

Jordan is the GOAT. Keep trying though.:lol

Rico2016
06-21-2020, 12:24 PM
still beating the dead horse huh.

Jordan is the GOAT. Keep trying though.:lol

LBJ has the stats, Russell has the rings, KAJ has a power combo of the two...MJ has...None?

tpols
06-21-2020, 12:44 PM
i really wish we couldve seen MJ play lebron prime for prime in the playoffs...

it would be a massacre.

colts19
06-21-2020, 12:49 PM
LBJ has the stats, Russell has the rings, KAJ has a power combo of the two...MJ has...None?

Sandy Koufax, doesn't hold any pitching records in baseball, but many consider him the best pitcher ever. So you don't have to hold any records to be considered the best. However if you want to base it on records try looking up Wilt's records and he would be by far the best ever.

warriorfan
06-21-2020, 12:52 PM
Sandy Koufax, doesn't hold any pitching records in baseball, but many consider him the best pitcher ever. So you don't have to hold any records to be considered the best. However if you want to base it on records try looking up Wilt's records and he would be by far the best ever.

Sorry about that. Don’t mind him. He’s retarded.

PeroAntic
06-21-2020, 01:49 PM

Great point. what youre saying must be true.

Rico2016
06-21-2020, 01:51 PM

We are talking playoffs. No one cares about Wilt's regular season heroics but you apparently.

Rico2016
06-21-2020, 01:52 PM
i really wish we couldve seen MJ play lebron prime for prime in the playoffs...

it would be a massacre.

True. LBJ would torch him.

MJ had troubles vs 6'2 Payton

27 on 41% and outplayed by Shawn Kemp? Too funny bro.

dbugz
06-21-2020, 01:54 PM
True. LBJ would torch him.

MJ had troubles vs 6'2 Payton

27 on 41% and outplayed by Shawn Kemp? Too funny bro.

old MJ Toyed a young super athletic Sean Marion

prime Libron scored an awful 8 point finals game against an old Sean Marion and got beaten by an old Mavs team

This is not if. FACT

HoopsNY
06-21-2020, 01:57 PM
- An accomplished career that resulted in the world regarding him as the greatest athlete to ever play a sport

- A model wife that gives him far more pleasure than your unemployed hands gives your pathetic self

- A net worth of $1.6 billion, compared to your basement Halo salary

- A pleasant life with all the trimmings while you sit here thinking about him 24/7 (literally)

AlternativeAcc.
06-21-2020, 01:57 PM

prime Libron scored an awful 8 point finals game against an old Sean Marion and got beaten by an old Mavs team

This is not if. FACT

https://www.kiplinger.com/kipimages/pages/19379.jpg

Shogon
06-21-2020, 02:02 PM
Likely wrong either way, as usual.

Haha, definitely a troll account. Next please.

Rico2016
06-21-2020, 02:03 PM

This is not if. FACT

Prime MJ was held to 27 on 41% vs a 6'3 Payton. Damn shame.

LBJ has been torching eliter perimeter defenders for 7 straight years in the Finals :lol

2012 to 2018

KEEP UP

dbugz
06-21-2020, 03:03 PM
Prime MJ was held to 27 on 41% vs a 6'3 Payton. Damn shame.

LBJ has been torching eliter perimeter defenders for 7 straight years in the Finals :lol

2012 to 2018

KEEP UP

MJ is 14/7 against payton's sonic . Scoring almost 30ppg. 7.2rbd 3.8 assists and 2 stl.

https://www.landofbasketball.com/games_between/michael_jordan_vs_gary_payton.htm.

FACT.

you mean torching having a record of 3/9?

Yeah dude keep it up :roll: :roll:

prime libron is old Marion's bitch. FACT

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/ClearcutOpenJavalina-size_restricted.gif

Shawn Marion 16/13 against libron

FACT again

https://www.landofbasketball.com/games_between/lebron_james_vs_shawn_marion.htm

what you wanna say now b!tch?

Rico2016
06-21-2020, 03:41 PM
MJ is 14/7 against payton's sonic . Scoring almost 30ppg. 7.2rbd 3.8 assists and 2 stl.

https://www.landofbasketball.com/games_between/michael_jordan_vs_gary_payton.htm.

FACT.

you mean torching having a record of 3/9?

Yeah dude keep it up :roll: :roll:

prime libron is old Marion's bitch. FACT

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/ClearcutOpenJavalina-size_restricted.gif

Shawn Marion 16/13 against libron

FACT again

https://www.landofbasketball.com/games_between/lebron_james_vs_shawn_marion.htm

what you wanna say now b!tch?

Triggered :lol

MJ only made 6 Finals, so taking LeBron's best 6 Finals he averaged:

32/11/8

How does it make you feel? Tell me how you really feel Celtics fan.

dbugz
06-21-2020, 03:54 PM
Triggered :lol

MJ only made 6 Finals, so taking LeBron's best 6 Finals he averaged:

32/11/8

How does it make you feel? Tell me how you really feel Celtics fan.

Triggered? that's all? You're laughable! :roll:

come back to me if you have better argument about MJ's payton/ LeBron Marion win rate :oldlol:. Lesson for you, research first, before throwing names there to discredit MJ.

3/9 not even 50% :roll: :roll:

Got sweep by the Spurs
Beaten by an old Mavs team :roll:
Scored 8 points in a Finals game against Grandpa Marion
Beaten by a clown Dwight led team in the playoffs
Joined/formed a superteam to beat an old Celtics team
Thrive in the weak eastern conference
Got saved by Ray/Kyrie in the finals.
Grandpa Marion's and JJ Barea's b!tch.

No coming back from that Ls.

FACT :oldlol:

tgards79
06-21-2020, 04:06 PM
Whenever people ask me who is the GOAT, after watching NBA hoops for over 55 years, I always answer: "Russell." He revolutionized the game and won all those titles. And scored quite a bit for a guy who was always the 5th option on the court.

Rico2016
06-21-2020, 05:54 PM
Triggered? that's all? You're laughable! :roll:

come back to me if you have better argument about MJ's payton/ LeBron Marion win rate :oldlol:. Lesson for you, research first, before throwing names there to discredit MJ.

3/9 not even 50% :roll: :roll:

Got sweep by the Spurs
Beaten by an old Mavs team :roll:
Scored 8 points in a Finals game against Grandpa Marion
Beaten by a clown Dwight led team in the playoffs
Joined/formed a superteam to beat an old Celtics team
Thrive in the weak eastern conference
Got saved by Ray/Kyrie in the finals.
Grandpa Marion's and JJ Barea's b!tch.

No coming back from that Ls.

FACT :oldlol:

MJ struggled against good perimeter defense, which is what the modern era is filled with. We saw his production reduced to 27 on .415% as soon as he faced one single team with good perimeter defense.

LeBron's been averaging 34/10/10 on 50% against Kawhi, Iggy, Draymond, Klay

MJ's averaging 27/5/4 on .415% against 6'2 Payton

What is MJ doing in the modern era against capable defenders?

27/5/4 on 41% was versus Payton

So then, 22/4/3 on 35% against Klay, Dray, Iggy?

let in sink in deeply.

let me know when it has sunken in.

Thank you.

Bronbron23
06-21-2020, 07:30 PM
•1st (most points 6,911)
•1st (most steals 423)
•1st (most VORP)
•1st (most Win Shares)
•1st (highest PER for entire playoffs through Finals 32.2)

Should I continue?

This is idiotic cherry picking shit. Mj has more ppg and more steals per game so your points and steals point is irrelevant. As far as the other meaningless stats like vorp and win shares 3 peating twice destroys that. As far as the tripple double point mj played most of his career in the triangle as a shooting gaurd so its a dumb comparison. The only time lebron played in a system similar was in miami where he put up numbers more similar to mj.

Mj absolutely has the stats, accolades, chips and eye test which makes him one of the greatest ever. So does bron. Anyone arguing otherwise is a trolling idiot.

dbugz
06-22-2020, 09:03 AM
MJ struggled against good perimeter defense, which is what the modern era is filled with. We saw his production reduced to 27 on .415% as soon as he faced one single team with good perimeter defense.

let in sink in deeply.

Thank you.

If you mean by struggle is winning multiple scoring title? sure I wanna struggle as well :oldlol:

And stop using Gary payton as your reference, you don't know who he's in the defensive end :oldlol: dude is probably one of the best defensive guard all time. You're laughable.

give us a favor, stop talking basketball already you're embarrassing yourself :oldlol: :oldlol:

Hittin_Shots
06-22-2020, 09:11 AM

let in sink in deeply.

Thank you.

You have to be a complete moron to think today's lack of defence and touch fouls would be harder for MJ..

Phoenix
06-22-2020, 09:18 AM
If you mean by struggle is winning multiple scoring title? sure I wanna struggle as well :oldlol:

And stop using Gary payton as your reference, you don't know who he's in the defensive end :oldlol: dude is probably one of the best defensive guard all time. You're laughable.

give us a favor, stop talking basketball already you're embarrassing yourself :oldlol: :oldlol:

The OP is in timeout. An alt will be along shortly, please hold the line.

Soundwave
06-22-2020, 06:29 PM
Jordan has the highest NBA PPG and playoffs PPG which makes him the default "scoring champion" in NBA history as you don't win scoring titles just by total points.

That and he has the most NBA championships in the modern era as the no.1 option on a team.

So he has the combination of highest scoring average (individual) + most titles as the no.1 option in the modern era (team success) in unison, that's pretty much in any sport going to take you straight to the top of the rankings.

If anything the question is what does LeBron really have? He has precious few scoring titles, assist titles, less MVPs, less championships, etc. etc. etc. Longevity is not that important, if it was Karl Malone should be a consensus top 5 player over guys like Shaq and Bird.

He's not dominant in any specific area. You can't look at him and say he's the best scorer (nope, he's not even the best scorer of his era, that would be Durant), the best assist guy (not even close to Magic or Stockton for apg), or most championships (3 is rather paltry for a 17 year career). Even for triple doubles he doesn't crack the top 3. He has a great longevity, I'll give him that, but that's not the be all, end all.

Roundball_Rock
06-22-2020, 07:13 PM
He's not dominant in any specific area. You can't look at him and say he's the best scorer (nope, he's not even the best scorer of his era, that would be Durant), the best assist guy (not even close to Magic or Stockton for apg), or most championships

Only Wilt, Russell, Kareem are #1 in any of the key areas. If it is about stats and individual dominance Wilt; winning Russell; longevity Kareem.

PPG is a shaky thing to hang your hat on--Wilt's PPG declined because he was able to function in roles other than shooting 30+ times a game. That somehow is a bad thing? :oldlol: When asked to score, Wilt did things no one else has come close to. Kareem, Jordan, Harden, Kobe, Baylor, Barry are all in a tier behind him as a scorer.

Jordan is in the same boat as LeBron right now, although LeBron has a shot at finishing as the longevity king.

That and he has the most NBA championships in the modern era as the no.1 option on a team.

Fictional categories. :lol The real rings list: Russell has 11. No gymnastics necessary. MJ stans always go on and on about 6 versus 3. 6+3=9<11...

Sarcastic
06-22-2020, 07:30 PM
Jordan is the career leader in every important advanced metric, to go along with being the all time leader in ppg, and has a record 10 scoring titles.

Jordan leads in
PER
WS/48
Box +/-
Offensive Box +/-

He also has 6 titles, just like Kareem, however he also has 6 Finals MVPs compared to just 2 for Murdock.

To say Lebron has the stats, and Jordan doesn't is unequivocally false. The only thing that Lebron has is longevity.

Sarcastic
06-22-2020, 07:36 PM
Jordan is also the leader in all those advanced stats in the playoffs as well.

Roundball_Rock
06-22-2020, 07:37 PM
Jordan's career averages didn't suffer the "old man" decline Kareem's did. In Wilt's case it was simply a function of different roles. Jordan operated in one role his entire career, outside of 20 games. If Jordan was asked to score 13 PPG and focus on defense...what would happen?

Plus those advanced stats assume Wilt never blocked a shot or stole the ball or KAJ didn't for 4-5 prime years since those stats weren't recorded until the mid-70's.

If you control for everything, Wilt is going to come out on top statistically. The case for MJ is effectively the same as LeBron's, a "blend of everything." The advanced stuff is smoke and mirrors because you aren't getting an apples to apples comp to his main rivals.

Roundball_Rock
06-22-2020, 07:43 PM
There isn't even any VORP or BPM data for Wilt's entire career. For KAJ, it starts in 1974--missing 40% of his prime.

Sarcastic
06-22-2020, 08:17 PM
Jordan's Wizards years are accounted for in those numbers. If you just include his Bulls years, he is so far ahead of everyone that it's not even funny.

The reason Kareem played for all those years is that he needed the money. He didn't play for the love of the game. His manager ripped him off, and he legitimately needed cash.

Roundball_Rock
06-22-2020, 08:31 PM
Exactly--only 2 of them...

If you just include his Bulls years, he is so far ahead of everyone that it's not even funny.

Yeah, if you calculate 0 blocks, 0 steals for Wilt and ignore that he played different roles. Jordan was taking more shots than anyone other than Iverson even in 02'.

The reason Kareem played for all those years is that he needed the money

Players don't typically retire when they can still play at a high level and are healthy...

OldSchoolBBall
06-22-2020, 08:36 PM

Jordan has the GOAT combo of stats and winning, considering that at least 2-3 of KAJ's rings came with him as the second option.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
06-22-2020, 08:39 PM
To answer your question 'Rico', Lebron does not have the stats. Jordan does - the most relevant ones anyway.

Mike has the best combination of stats (regular season/playoff PPG along with other major advanced categories) and winning (FMVPs).

Look forward to your response. Oh wait... You're banned :lol

Kgisbigticket21
06-23-2020, 12:26 AM
Op is dumb. MJ has both as well. There are 4 goat candidates but I think MJ has strongest case

Soundwave
06-23-2020, 02:55 PM
Only Wilt, Russell, Kareem are #1 in any of the key areas. If it is about stats and individual dominance Wilt; winning Russell; longevity Kareem.

PPG is a shaky thing to hang your hat on--Wilt's PPG declined because he was able to function in roles other than shooting 30+ times a game. That somehow is a bad thing? :oldlol: When asked to score, Wilt did things no one else has come close to. Kareem, Jordan, Harden, Kobe, Baylor, Barry are all in a tier behind him as a scorer.

Jordan is in the same boat as LeBron right now, although LeBron has a shot at finishing as the longevity king.

Fictional categories. :lol The real rings list: Russell has 11. No gymnastics necessary. MJ stans always go on and on about 6 versus 3. 6+3=9<11...

lol, having the highest scoring average in NBA history + NBA playoffs is now a minor thing?

How about the fact that Jordan is no.1 in most scoring titles, he has as many scoring titles (10) as Wilt + Kareem + LeBron combined.

Jordan is the only player in NBA history to have 6 titles as the defacto no.1 go-to player offensively in the history of the game as well. Russell was sometimes the 4th leading scoring on some of his Celtics teams, Jordan is the only NBA player that was burdened with being the "go to" guy offensively and won that much.

There are lots of singular top end things about Jordan's career. Anyone seriously denying that is out to lunch.

The Iron Fist
06-23-2020, 03:07 PM
•1st (most points 6,911)
•1st (most steals 423)
•1st (most VORP)
•1st (most Win Shares)
•1st (highest PER for entite playoffs through Finals 32.2)

Should I continue?
6 finals in 9 tries with 11 hall of famers. Infinity yikes.