PDA

View Full Version : Did Jrue Holday fulfill his potential?

PeroAntic
06-20-2020, 09:02 PM
Very solid PG, but I feel like he could have been even better. no idea why he didnt.

HylianNightmare
06-20-2020, 10:30 PM
Made an all star game averaged almost 20 a game I couple seasons iirc and is a great defensive player. How much more did you want outta him

MrFonzworth
06-20-2020, 10:32 PM
Would have been a hall of famer like Lowry if he stayed in the east.

PeroAntic
06-20-2020, 10:46 PM
Made an all star game averaged almost 20 a game I couple seasons iirc and is a great defensive player. How much more did you want outta him
I dont know. for some reason I thought he was gonna get even better. Hes just turned 30. Theoretically should be the perfect third star for a title winning team and he had Cousins and AD with him and still the Pelicans seemed like a second round team at best.

CTbasketball92
06-21-2020, 01:29 AM
I think he's about a top 30 or so player who can be an all-star sometimes Solid defender, solid scorer and a solid defender.

But he's not a truly special offensive player. I'm never that impressed when I watch him play and his scoring and playmaking doesn't really seem to move the needle when he's on the court. I think his offensive rating through the years speaks to this. No great counter moves, no super tight handle, not a great shooter from anywhere, just a good athlete rather than a great one, etc. In high school some people called him a DWade clone. DWade was just two tiers more athletic and honestly a lot more skilled.

ralph_i_el
06-21-2020, 01:38 AM
He got hurt right at the start of his prime and he never came back the same.

He's also always been a team player who doesn't hog the spotlight. I wouldn't be surprised if he had a lot of high level basketball left to be played.

ArbitraryWater
06-21-2020, 06:37 AM
I dont know. for some reason I thought he was gonna get even better. Hes just turned 30. Theoretically should be the perfect third star for a title winning team and he had Cousins and AD with him and still the Pelicans seemed like a second round team at best.

and why would they be a "third round" team?

Do you know which other teams existed?

Lmao

Phoenix
06-21-2020, 06:44 AM
What was his potential/ceiling supposed to be?

dbugz
06-21-2020, 07:35 AM
Would have been perfect on Pop's system

iamgine
06-21-2020, 08:36 AM
He's a 1 time all star. He's really more a Horace Grant caliber player.

PeroAntic
06-21-2020, 08:38 AM
What was his potential/ceiling supposed to be?

Something like Paul George Id say.

Im so nba'd out
06-21-2020, 12:13 PM
He was the 17th pick in the draft....yes he more than reached his potential lol

now back in highschool he was the #1 player in the nation at one point....he failed to meet his potential in that scenario because he's never been in the running for best player in the nba