PDA

View Full Version : Kapernick's act being compared to Pat Tillman.

Lion's pride
06-21-2020, 08:02 PM
Brett Favre has spoken.. I am sick.. Tillman gave UP everything (in his prime both athletically, financially and marriage??) and then put his body in front of bullets day oin amnd day out, in order to "protect his country"

while even the biggest Kap fan can only say he sacrificed his "career" and "glorious image" for what he believed.. Could make a point that he had neither at that point...

Just too sick to discuss this one... You guys can giver your two cents if you want..

Patrick Chewing
06-21-2020, 08:22 PM
Favre is from the South.

Lion's pride
06-21-2020, 08:28 PM
Favre is from the South.

sorry I don't follow... Tillman is from Texas..

Patrick Chewing
06-21-2020, 08:36 PM
Favre is from the South.

Meaning that he’s slow. Comparing a wannabe Malcolm X to someone who actually fought bravely to defend this country is a sign of sheer stupidity.

Norcaliblunt
06-21-2020, 09:17 PM
sorry I don't follow... Tillman is from Texas..

Tillman was from the Bay Area.

Lion's pride
06-21-2020, 09:34 PM
Tillman was from the Bay Area.

you are correct, my bad.. still doesn't change my feeling though..

imdaman99
06-21-2020, 10:04 PM
Meaning that he’s slow. Comparing a wannabe Malcolm X to someone who actually fought bravely to defend this country is a sign of sheer stupidity.
So you acknowledge the greatness of Brother Malcolm? Finally some decency out of you, knew you had it in you :cheers:

Patrick Chewing
06-21-2020, 10:09 PM
So you acknowledge the greatness of Brother Malcolm? Finally some decency out of you, knew you had it in you :cheers:

Even though he was a vile racist, imagine if Blacks listened to him today about the Democrat Party and White Liberals.

tpols
06-21-2020, 10:09 PM
didn't tillman get killed by his own teammates? crossfire or something?

i remember reading he was against the war too and was starting to say it.

FultzNationRISE
06-21-2020, 10:12 PM

Unfortunately the people “celebrating his greatness” are also the ones most likely to ignore his ideas.

Im Still Ballin
06-21-2020, 10:16 PM
Unfortunately the people “celebrating his greatness” are also the ones most likely to ignore his ideas.

*Cue Malcom X's opinion on liberals video*

FultzNationRISE
06-21-2020, 10:22 PM
*Cue Malcom X's opinion on liberals video*

Post it up!

RRR3
06-21-2020, 11:54 PM
Even though he was a vile racist, imagine if Blacks listened to him today about the Democrat Party and White Liberals.
He changed his views on race later in his life.

imdaman99
06-22-2020, 01:48 AM
I'm not a liberal. We just had a thread questioning whether or not someone was a democrat or not and the guy literally said he was a few years back (Rogan). So yes people change their views, Brother Malcolm would no doubt be leading BLM in better ways if he were around right now in modern times. And I have a hard time believing Lincoln would be a Republican with the way parties have changed up so often :lol

Lion's pride
06-22-2020, 10:35 AM
didn't tillman get killed by his own teammates? crossfire or something?

i remember reading he was against the war too and was starting to say it.

Yes he did... still being in a hopeless war, fighting people from all directions, only to lose his life. Doesn't matter to me who killed him.. It's war and he died giving his life for his beliefs and his country..

Hey Yo
06-22-2020, 07:34 PM
Clay Travis@ClayTravis 8hr ago

Brett Favre’s brain has evidently stopped working as he compares Colin Kaepernick’s heroism to Pat Tillman’s.

"Brett Favre made a bold statement over the weekend by putting Colin Kaepernick and Pat Tillman in the same sentence as two names that will go down in the history of the game for having “hero status” for what they stood for. In case you forgot, or Favre forgot, Kaepernick opted out of his contract with the 49ers to test free agency; Pat Tillman opted out of a $1.2 million contract to go Special Forces and was sent to Iraq for the initial invasion and then redeployed to Afghanistan where he was killed by friendly fire during a firefight, according to a U.S. Department of Defense report.

“It’s not easy for a guy his age – black or white, Hispanic, whatever – to stop something that you’ve always dreamed of doing, and put it on hold, maybe forever, for something that you believe in,” Favre said of Kaepernick.

“I can only think of right off the top of my head, Pat Tillman is another guy that did something similar,” Favre said. “And, we regard him as a hero. So, I’d assume that hero status will be stamped with Kaepernick as well.”

According to a 2005 Associated Press report, Pat Tillman was offered, after serving in the Iraqi war, the opportunity to be discharged by the military to go back to his life in the NFL, but he declined. “He said ‘No, I’m going to stay. I owe them three years. I’ll do one more tour.”

https://outkick.com/brett-favre-colin-kaepernick-will-get-hero-status-like-pat-tilman/

Lakers Legend#32
06-23-2020, 05:10 PM

He was killed by his own troops in a bullsh!t war based on lies. He was not defending his country.

Rocket
06-23-2020, 06:38 PM
Comparing a piece of total shit like Kaep to a true American hero like Tillman is a frickin disgrace. If anyone needed proof Favre is a complete idiot, here you go.