PDA

View Full Version : Woj: Nikola Jokic tests positive for COVID, US return delayed.

Clippersfan86
06-23-2020, 05:28 PM
Can't post it, it's on Twitter. I called this in my other thread. Expect like 50+ positives this week. Season will likely be canceled IMO.

Phoenix
06-23-2020, 05:37 PM
Oh shit....

scuzzy
06-23-2020, 05:40 PM
He tested positive in Serbia last week

His return to the US is delayed and expected to be cleared to travel back in one week

HBK_Kliq_2
06-23-2020, 05:40 PM
They said he caught it a week ago and will be back in a week by training camp. Better then catching it in the playoffs I guess.

Clippersfan86
06-23-2020, 06:11 PM
He tested positive in Serbia last week

His return to the US is delayed and expected to be cleared to travel back in one week

I'm aware it was last week. It's still a positive test, and he's still delayed over seas due to it. So in other words, my description is perfectly accurate?

Clippersfan86
06-23-2020, 06:12 PM
They said he caught it a week ago and will be back in a week by training camp. Better then catching it in the playoffs I guess.

Given that we have almost no evidence of long term antibody protection, and are nowhere near herd immunity (still debating if it's possible for this one), it doesn't mean he can't catch it later. Preliminary studies are pointing to very short lived antibodies, and the potential to catch it every season etc.

light
06-23-2020, 06:17 PM
He was hanging out with Novak Djokovic in Serbia and they both tested positive.

He's asymptomatic and the expectation is that he should be fine by the time the season restarts.

The league is expecting cases like this and they're not going to panic over it, per Adam Silver. Each case will be considered individually. For Jokic, he should be okay.

The show will go on.

Whoah10115
06-23-2020, 06:19 PM
Don't know why people think positive tests will end a deason that has yet to resume.

LAmbruh
06-23-2020, 06:21 PM

He's asymptomatic and the expectation is that he should be fine by the time the season restarts.

The league is expecting cases like this and they're not going to panic over it, per Adam Silver. Each case will be considered individually. For Jokic, he should be okay.

The show will go on.

:applause:

Clippersfan86
06-23-2020, 06:24 PM
Don't know why people think positive tests will end a deason that has yet to resume.

I don't think a random positive now will. I think it's a sign of a lot more to come. I foresee MULTIPLE guys getting quarantined DURING the playoffs.

SATAN
06-23-2020, 06:26 PM
Anyone else notice a pattern here? Clippersfan86 seems shook about his Clippers returning. Wonder why that is :durantunimpressed:

Clippersfan86
06-23-2020, 06:30 PM
Anyone else notice a pattern here? Clippersfan86 seems shook about his Clippers returning. Wonder why that is :durantunimpressed:

I'm conditioned as a Clippers fan to be used to a lot of heartbreak and disappointment. I was loving our season but at this point I just have this bad feeling that COVID is going to continue to derail what could of been the best, most wide open season in many years. So it's more that... I just will be surprised if we even FINISH the NBA season. The Clippers winning their first title this season would actually suck because it would have a HUGE asterisk most likely and not taken seriously.

Stanley Kobrick
06-23-2020, 06:33 PM
the league expected this with the explosion of cases in the US and Europe. after the quarantine period in the bubble no one will have it and unlike before now have the ability to mass test

SATAN
06-23-2020, 06:38 PM
I'm conditioned as a Clippers fan to be used to a lot of heartbreak and disappointment. I was loving our season but at this point I just have this bad feeling that COVID is going to continue to derail what could of been the best, most wide open season in many years. So it's more that... I just will be surprised if we even FINISH the NBA season. The Clippers winning their first title this season would actually suck because it would have a HUGE asterisk most likely and not taken seriously.

Fair enough. I don't see the point in NOT trying now. Since the talks have come this far it's kind of hard to do a 180. I'm sure the league will look after the players as best they possibly can. Whether more players test positive for covid-19 going forward probably comes down to player behavior.

I see your point though. This season was on track to be a special one. Perhaps it still could if handled properly? There's an opportunity to do something fresh and memorable.

Clippersfan86
06-23-2020, 06:42 PM
Fair enough. I don't see the point in NOT trying now. Since the talks have come this far it's kind of hard to do a 180. I'm sure the league will look after the players as best they possibly can. Whether more players test positive for covid-19 going forward probably comes down to player behavior.

I see your point though. This season was on track to be a special one. Perhaps it still could if handled properly? There's an opportunity to do something fresh and memorable.

For sure. Realistically, the league can't afford to lose so much revenue, so they very well may push through. Imagine how many stars or key role players though could get quarantined, costing a team a series? At that point I don't see why a random tier 2 or 3 team can't win it. Imagine a team like the Jazz, Rockets, Pacers winning it all due to teams losing their best players? The current plan is a 14 day quarantine and re-test. 14 days is easily an entire playoff series with this format.

light
06-23-2020, 06:43 PM

You won't have to worry about any asterisks - just more disappointment.

The asterisk is for Lakers fans to worry about.

Axe
06-23-2020, 06:47 PM
It's over for this denver team now lol.

HBK_Kliq_2
06-23-2020, 07:39 PM
Given that we have almost no evidence of long term antibody protection, and are nowhere near herd immunity (still debating if it's possible for this one), it doesn't mean he can't catch it later. Preliminary studies are pointing to very short lived antibodies, and the potential to catch it every season etc.

Yeah but what are the odds you catch it two different times in like a 3 month span?

tpols
06-23-2020, 07:43 PM

He's asymptomatic

When are we going to stop the fake news?

Stephonit
06-23-2020, 08:20 PM
When are we going to stop the fake news?

Can you explain what the fake part is?

The bubble plan just gets dicier and dicier. People are placing such a large amount of faith on tests but it's unclear they are even that reliable. Certainly the earlier tests weren't. A couple of false readings could expose a whole lot of people.

tpols
06-23-2020, 08:28 PM
Can you explain what the fake part is?

The bubble plan just gets dicier and dicier. People are placing such a large amount of faith on tests but it's unclear they are even that reliable. Certainly the earlier tests weren't. A couple of false readings could expose a whole lot of people.

fake part is every player to test positive has had no symptoms.

you're in hysteria over a common flu virus that will be here forever like the rest.

bobopenguin
06-23-2020, 09:23 PM
and 2 more Suns players also tested positive.

bye bye to the 2020 season.

HylianNightmare
06-23-2020, 10:02 PM
I wonder if they'll end the season if a player dies

Jay-B
06-23-2020, 10:57 PM
Why’s this idiot hanging out over seas

NugzFan
06-24-2020, 01:42 AM

Why?

Axe
06-24-2020, 02:01 AM
Why?
You think he can still catch up once the outgoing season ever resumes?

86Celtics
06-24-2020, 02:13 AM
Why’s this idiot hanging out over seas

Yes, because it's much safer in the US right? It's not as if they have the most cases and deaths worldwide.
Oh wait...

bluechox2
06-24-2020, 06:21 AM
Agent Lebrovid secretly taking out his competition

NugzFan
06-24-2020, 07:16 PM
You think he can still catch up once the outgoing season ever resumes?

catch up to who?

Axe
06-24-2020, 07:27 PM
catch up to who?
To play in the postseason, obviously.

NugzFan
06-24-2020, 10:15 PM
To play in the postseason, obviously.

oh you think he wont be ready to go in mid august, 8 weeks away. I see.

Axe
06-24-2020, 10:18 PM
oh you think he wont be ready to go in mid august, 8 weeks away. I see.
Depends on his freaking recovery time

NugzFan
06-25-2020, 12:08 AM
Depends on his freaking recovery time

ok so when you said

what you meant to say was

its possibly over for this denver team if jokic cannot recover from covid in the next 8 weeks. lol

gotcha.

I hope jokic is ok!

DoctorP
06-25-2020, 12:30 AM
maybe now he will get Herb Mutiny ;)

Axe
06-25-2020, 12:54 AM
ok so when you said

what you meant to say was

gotcha.

I hope jokic is ok!
I mean yes, who do you think who's mostly going to carry this team further in the playoffs without him? Paul millsap?

NugzFan
06-25-2020, 05:31 PM
I mean yes, who do you think who's mostly going to carry this team further in the playoffs without him? Paul millsap?

if he doesnt play. you did a really poor job of getting your original point across.

DoctorP
06-25-2020, 06:47 PM
im just glad jokic doesnt have aids. looks like a toothpick

Axe
06-25-2020, 07:13 PM
if he doesnt play. you did a really poor job of getting your original point across.
Whatever. It's so obvious that you seemed to rile up when i implied it could over for their team.

Nuggot...

NugzFan
06-26-2020, 12:30 PM
Whatever. It's so obvious that you seemed to rile up when i implied it could over for their team.

Nuggot...

not riled up. just confused at what you were trying to say. you are quite bad at communication.

also possibly spelling. not sure what that last word is supposed to be. I think an insult but im not 12 to understand it.

Real Men Wear Green
06-26-2020, 12:38 PM
16 out of 302 tested positive. No talk of ending the comeback.

Axe
06-26-2020, 07:22 PM
not riled up. just confused at what you were trying to say. you are quite bad at communication.

also possibly spelling. not sure what that last word is supposed to be. I think an insult but im not 12 to understand it.
Lol keep blabbering. :oldlol:

Anyway, this team wouldn't make out of the west as there are more stronger teams out there.

Real Men Wear Green
06-26-2020, 08:42 PM
The Nuggets were already good enough to be taken seriously and Jokic's physical improvement is an x-factor that could be major.

NugzFan
06-27-2020, 10:01 PM
Lol keep blabbering. :oldlol:

blabbering? thats ironic. :oldlol:

Anyway, this team wouldn't make out of the west as there are more stronger teams out there.

shall we just start with round 4 and invite only the two teams?

RoseCity07
06-28-2020, 01:08 AM
I really hate to feed in to what Trump morons are saying because COVID is serious. However, it does seem the majority of adults probably have, or have had covid 19. I think so many people have had it but never had any symptoms. We're just finding out about the people that got tested. So many more have probably had it but never showed any symptoms. I don't think a vaccine is going to be what stops this. It's too late. Everyone is going to get this eventually. This will die out from herd immunity.

Axe
06-28-2020, 04:43 AM
blabbering? thats ironic. :oldlol:
Well, you don't have to be ashamed of it. Seriously. :D

shall we just start with round 4 and invite only the two teams?
All i can say is that the clippers have a much better chance of entering the finals this year than the nuggets. Nuff said. :eek:

warriorfan
06-29-2020, 10:11 AM

He doesn’t speak English very well. He is posting from a fishing boat in the Philippines.

NugzFan
06-29-2020, 04:02 PM
Well, you don't have to be ashamed of it. Seriously. :D

no the irony was you bringing up blabbering - which is exactly how this all started.

All i can say is that the clippers have a much better chance of entering the finals this year than the nuggets. Nuff said. :eek:

oh whoa! damn you got me there. completely unrelated to the entire point but hey, good for you. :applause:

NugzFan
06-29-2020, 04:02 PM
He doesn’t speak English very well. He is posting from a fishing boat in the Philippines.

ah I figured. but I didnt know english wasn't his first language.

MrFonzworth
06-29-2020, 05:46 PM
Leave Axe alone:(

Axe
06-29-2020, 06:35 PM
Must you really be an asshole, welfarefan? I don't even know wtf your problem is but I do hope you get to be banished from this board forever. :lol

Axe
06-29-2020, 06:39 PM
no the irony was you bringing up blabbering - which is exactly how this all started.

oh whoa! damn you got me there. completely unrelated to the entire point but hey, good for you. :applause:
What? Look, you just had to respond like that because you're only butthurt about the ugly truth that the nuggets wouldn't be finals contenders this year regardless if jokic plays. :oldlol:

But yes, the nuggets are really an insignificant team today. Even the rockets are far better.

NugzFan
06-29-2020, 07:05 PM
What? Look, you just had to respond like that because you're only butthurt about the ugly truth that the nuggets wouldn't be finals contenders this year regardless if jokic plays. :oldlol:

yeah, you are way off. unless you actually think I thought that the nuggets would contend for a title this year with jokic? or you think im upset that you dont like denver. do you think this is what ive been posting about?

[x] poor communication skills
[x] poor reading comprehension
[x] english isnt first language
[x] gets super upset when people call him out

what else am i missing?

But yes, the nuggets are really an insignificant team today. Even the rockets are far better.

are they?

oh darn!

ironic that you sure like to talk about such an "insignificant" team. I guess its good english practice for you.

so far we have the clippers and rockets as being better than denver. gotta put the lakers in there too. anyone else?

Axe
06-29-2020, 07:14 PM
https://thumbs.gfycat.com/SimplisticAdventurousKangaroo-max-1mb.gif
https://i.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/001/499/974/881.gif

Lmao so is that the best thing you can do? Resorting to ad hominem by composing that crap to make yourself look very clever just because you don't agree with me at all? Oh please... :rolleyes:

Btw, if you weren't that butthurt at all, then you could have just ignored what i said earlier here, right? :confusedshrug:

NugzFan
06-29-2020, 08:20 PM
https://i.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/001/499/974/881.gif

Lmao so is that the best thing you can do? Resorting to ad hominem by composing that crap to make yourself look very clever just because you don't agree with me at all? Oh please... :rolleyes:

I already told you your first post made no sense. you tried to make a point and it was really poorly communicated. then you got all upset.

so I decided to make fun of you instead. having an nba discussion with you is hopeless.

Btw, if you weren't that butthurt at all, then you could have just ignored what i said earlier here, right? :confusedshrug:

because I was trying to understand what you were saying. when you "clarified it", then I realized your original post wasnt what you meant to say.

no butthurt here - how is saying "houston is better than denver" or "denver wont win the title" supposed to upset me? maybe you can explain that?

Axe
06-29-2020, 08:30 PM
I already told you your first post made no sense. you tried to make a point and it was really poorly communicated. then you got all upset.

so I decided to make fun of you instead. having an nba discussion with you is hopeless.

because I was trying to understand what you were saying. when you "clarified it", then I realized your original post wasnt what you meant to say.

no butthurt here - how is saying "houston is better than denver" or "denver wont win the title" supposed to upset me? maybe you can explain that?
Lmfao the moment i mentioned your favorite team in this thread, you suddenly sprang out. It seems you took it so literally.

Oh and if you really think having an nba discussion with me is pointless, then why are you still responding like shit?

Also i could care less about what you think about what i said earlier, i didn't recall asking for your opinion anyway. But denver is your favorite team, right?

NugzFan
07-02-2020, 12:47 AM
Lmfao the moment i mentioned your favorite team in this thread, you suddenly sprang out. It seems you took it so literally.

i couldnt because your original post made no sense.

Oh and if you really think having an nba discussion with me is pointless, then why are you still responding like shit?

boredom/entertainment

Also i could care less about what you think about what i said earlier, i didn't recall asking for your opinion anyway. But denver is your favorite team, right?

of course

https://i1.wp.com/bp2.blogger.com/_IUSaTgWqqUA/Rt9Z9CohteI/AAAAAAAAAsw/zEMBPI9JzzA/s400/careless.jpg

Axe
07-02-2020, 01:14 AM
i couldnt because your original post made no sense.

boredom/entertainment

of course

https://i1.wp.com/bp2.blogger.com/_IUSaTgWqqUA/Rt9Z9CohteI/AAAAAAAAAsw/zEMBPI9JzzA/s400/careless.jpg
One word: meltdown. :oldlol:

Btw, thanks for the witty yet unnecessary insight. I still don't think denver will make it into the finals this year.

NugzFan
07-05-2020, 02:04 PM
One word: meltdown. :oldlol:

im not sure you know what a meltdown is. although you dont know what a lot of words mean so the consistency is there.

Btw, thanks for the witty yet unnecessary insight. I still don't think denver will make it into the finals this year.

what?! :mad: you are such a hater!

Axe
07-05-2020, 07:45 PM
im not sure you know what a meltdown is. although you dont know what a lot of words mean so the consistency is there.
Feel free to say whatever makes you happy. I won't stop you from your daydreaming. It could be the least thing you can do in life anyway. :oldlol::confusedshrug:

what?! :mad: you are such a hater!
I started to hate the nuggets because i find a stan like you utterly ridiculous. :lol

But i barely have time anymore nowadays to engage in your drama. So please move on already, comrade.

SATAN
07-05-2020, 08:31 PM
https://media.giphy.com/media/Bi6FcO7UoutWM/giphy.gif

NugzFan
07-07-2020, 03:11 PM
Feel free to say whatever makes you happy

sounds good

I started to hate the nuggets because i find a stan like you utterly ridiculous. :lol

fair enough.

But i barely have time anymore nowadays to engage in your drama. So please move on already, comrade.

yeah, you seem very busy.

oldtimer28
07-07-2020, 08:17 PM
Any updates on Jokic eg. Pictures?

Axe
07-07-2020, 08:20 PM
sounds good

fair enough.

yeah, you seem very busy.
Okay, we good now? Aight.