PDA

View Full Version : This "Micro Aggression" is just gonna get worse and worse

hateraid
06-25-2020, 04:12 PM
I just recently spoke with a Filipina friend. She's upset the a person said to her "Filipinos are good cooks. Which probably the reason why they make great service people."

She lost her mind and wants this woman fired!!! :wtf: I told her to calm down and that the woman wasn't trying to belittle our people. It was an observation and had nothing to do with micro-aggression. She pissed at me and says that I'm not woke yet. FFS I'm Filipino too??

It's trickling down to other races now folks. The race war is diversifying

RRR3
06-25-2020, 04:26 PM
What that lady said is shitty and demeaning but getting her fired will probably just make her angry and double down. It’s better to educate people on their ignorance. I see why your friend was offended since she is Filipina but I would advise her to just advocate for herself and say why she felt insulted to the woman so they can have a mature conversation about it instead of getting her fired.

DoctorP
06-25-2020, 04:34 PM
your girl needs to chill and smoke a spliff. so petty

nyc is like dumb shit like this all day every day

fsvr54
06-25-2020, 04:41 PM
Part of life is working with people you don't like. Getting others fired is the most petty thing ever; we all have to eat. I have taken the hit for things I haven't done just so people (who I didn't particularity like) wouldn't get fired.

Sensitivity has run rampant. The point of bullying is to toughen people up... now everyone is soft because bullying is frowned upon. Someone bullied you, you stand up for yourself, punch their lights out and everyone goes on with their life.

DoctorP
06-25-2020, 04:44 PM
https://thumbs.gfycat.com/BrownAfraidAgouti-small.gif

hateraid
06-25-2020, 05:20 PM
What that lady said is shitty and demeaning but getting her fired will probably just make her angry and double down. It’s better to educate people on their ignorance. I see why your friend was offended since she is Filipina but I would advise her to just advocate for herself and say why she felt insulted to the woman so they can have a mature conversation about it instead of getting her fired.

How so? As far as I know it's a compliment. You're a good cook so you'd make a good chef or caregiver. That's an insult? If we took EVERY statement like that from a white person about any culture then we'd single out EVERY white person in existence. That type of language policing is WAY out of control.

As far as my friend's reaction, I'm more disappointed in her than I am of what the person said

RRR3
06-25-2020, 05:23 PM
How so? As far as I know it's a compliment. You're a good cook so you'd make a good chef or caregiver. That's an insult? If we took EVERY statement like that from a white person about any culture then we'd single out EVERY white person in existence. That type of language policing is WAY out of control.

As far as my friend's reaction, I'm more disappointed in her than I am of what the person said
It just kind of implies that she thinks Filipino people are meant to be subservient. That probably wasn't her intent, but I see why your friend was upset. It didn't offend me, because I really don't care, but it wasn't the most sensitive or intelligent thing for that woman to say to your friend, and made her come off like a jackass. Like I said your friend should just let her know how she felt in a healthy way why the statement upset her, or she could do what DoctorP said and just ignore it. Either way is much better than getting the lady fired over a dumb comment, because everyone has made dumb and insensitive comments. If we start canceling people for being dumb insensitive jackasses, then we'll have to cancel everyone at some point. I sympathize with your friend but she is overreacting trying to get her fired. It was offensive IMO, but in a naive way. Your friend is acting like the woman was being aggressively racist towards her.

hateraid
06-25-2020, 06:21 PM
It just kind of implies that she thinks Filipino people are meant to be subservient. That probably wasn't her intent, but I see why your friend was upset. It didn't offend me, because I really don't care, but it wasn't the most sensitive or intelligent thing for that woman to say to your friend, and made her come off like a jackass. Like I said your friend should just let her know how she felt in a healthy way why the statement upset her, or she could do what DoctorP said and just ignore it. Either way is much better than getting the lady fired over a dumb comment, because everyone has made dumb and insensitive comments. If we start canceling people for being dumb insensitive jackasses, then we'll have to cancel everyone at some point. I sympathize with your friend but she is overreacting trying to get her fired. It was offensive IMO, but in a naive way. Your friend is acting like the woman was being aggressively racist towards her.

I'm Filipino and I didn't find it offensive. It's actually even a compliment. Like I said, if this is.ghe way we language police, then every White person in existence can be singled out

RRR3
06-25-2020, 06:27 PM
I'm Filipino and I didn't find it offensive. It's actually even a compliment. Like I said, if this is.ghe way we language police, then every White person in existence can be singled out
Why the hell do you care so much about this? You're getting just as worked up as your friend.

Hittin_Shots
06-25-2020, 06:55 PM
Do they work in the service industry? Because it sounds like she said she was good at her job...

hateraid
06-25-2020, 09:54 PM
Do they work in the service industry? Because it sounds like she said she was good at her job...

She works in an appliance service center

iamgine
06-25-2020, 10:55 PM
I asked my asian friend why he doesn't want to date filipinos. He said they look like house servants and he'd be embarassed to be seen with them.

DoctorP
06-25-2020, 10:59 PM
I asked my asian friend why he doesn't want to date filipinos. He said they look like house servants and he'd be embarassed to be seen with them.

https://media.tenor.com/images/10a72178e62211d69c1a40e0d5682376/tenor.gif

that's fn weird. id totally date megan fox. totally was not a good choice of words

FultzNationRISE
06-25-2020, 11:04 PM

That seems like the classic “asians hate other kinds of asians” mindset.

Whereas the classic American mindset is “how can you tell any of them apart??” :lol

Personally I think filipina chicks are fine af tho.

iamgine
06-25-2020, 11:06 PM
It's not a thing for westerners but apparently filipinos girl are widely used as house servants in asia so that's their stereotype.

DoctorP
06-25-2020, 11:21 PM
That seems like the classic “asians hate other kinds of asians” mindset.

Whereas the classic American mindset is “how can you tell any of them apart??” :lol

Personally I think filipina chicks are fine af tho.

https://i.imgur.com/jHpG6cq.gif

about the hotties, the rest whatever

HylianNightmare
06-25-2020, 11:28 PM
Floodgates are open

hateraid
06-26-2020, 12:19 AM
Floodgates are open

For sure. Filipinos are generally the most easy going and humble people. When they're asking for reparation in the US you know the world will turn upside down

Hawker
06-26-2020, 02:08 AM
This can easily be solved by a conversation over a coffee or a beer. Some people think they're making compliments when it can be taken another way.

If true, that girl needs to chill. Whatever happened to people being able to make fun of themselves based on stereotpyes?

Filipinas got a sexy ass accent. Some of them thicc too. Where do those genes come from?

Im so nba'd out
06-26-2020, 02:10 AM
speaking of micro.....where has cashew24 been

hateraid
06-26-2020, 02:27 AM
This can easily be solved by a conversation over a coffee or a beer. Some people think they're making compliments when it can be taken another way.

If true, that girl needs to chill. Whatever happened to people being able to make fun of themselves based on stereotpyes?

Filipinas got a sexy ass accent. Some of them thicc too. Where do those genes come from?

I agree with the sentiment. Unfortunately today's environment is causing all races to dissect any comment as a form of racism. I can somewhat understand some sort of red flag. But because a white person said it it's now micro aggression. Had a black woman said the said thing in the same context I'm sure she would be ok with it.

I thought the anger was unnecessary. If anything you can brush it off as slightly backhanded. Had it been formed as "Filipinos are good cooks the best they can do is dominate and only excel as people in the service industry," I would stand by her.

Even as house servants, I've had a Filipina nanny growing up. Same with a lot of my white and colored friends. They were all paid well and treated like family. They were admired for being nurturing, which is why they come recommended. It's ingrained in the culture. Being a business owner I never felt that it was something that held back my culture. To me it's someone influenced by the current environment to give them a platform to spread anger. I can't stand by that

SATAN
06-26-2020, 03:04 AM
I just recently spoke with a Filipina friend. She's upset the a person said to her "Filipinos are good cooks. Which probably the reason why they make great service people."

She lost her mind and wants this woman fired!!! :wtf: I told her to calm down and that the woman wasn't trying to belittle our people. It was an observation and had nothing to do with micro-aggression. She pissed at me and says that I'm not woke yet. FFS I'm Filipino too??

It's trickling down to other races now folks. The race war is diversifying

Can't believe people actually believe anything this guy says.

hateraid
06-26-2020, 03:16 AM

Well you've been here long enough. I've shared a ton of personal experience here. It's kind of my schtick. I'm not a buffet where you only pick the stories that tempt you to clown me. Never shared a false story ever here.

SATAN
06-26-2020, 03:23 AM
:lol

Levity
06-26-2020, 07:13 PM

hateraid
06-26-2020, 08:46 PM

Funny, I saw this was the last response and I already knew it would be a post like this