Rodman / Larry Nance
B.Wallace /Gobert / Deandre Jordan

Jamal23
06-26-2020, 05:24 PM
Team 7 :bowdown:

warriorfan
06-26-2020, 05:43 PM
Team 7 :bowdown:

This is Manny’s alt, who is actually my alt.

Remake the poll with non anonymous voting so I don’t win in a landslide with my alts.

RRR3
06-26-2020, 05:48 PM
Team 4.

Phoenix
06-26-2020, 06:07 PM
This is Manny’s alt, who is actually my alt.

Remake the poll with non anonymous voting so I don’t win in a landslide with my alts.

:lol KD7 should be popping by any minute.

Manny98
06-26-2020, 06:13 PM
Landslide :lol

thanks for everyone that voted for my team :cheers:

Carbine
06-26-2020, 06:22 PM
Team 4 stands out as the one put together with some thought.

Do you guys even watch the NBA these days? Whether you like it or not, space and pace has revolutionized the game for a reason.

The spacing of Jordan/Payton/Duncan/Robinson/Green would be horrendous.

There's a reason why the 2008 Olympic team was so close to losing to a team with "less talent," it's about fit as much as talent.

RRR3
06-26-2020, 06:33 PM
Holy shit manny has a lot of alts.

Manny98
06-26-2020, 06:37 PM
Holy shit manny has a lot of alts.
Seething, i only voted once

not my fault everyone thinks i have the best team

RRR3
06-26-2020, 06:39 PM
Seething, i only voted once

not my fault everyone thinks i have the best team
SouBeachTalents team would beat your team in 5 games. Sure you did, we already know you have alts.

Phoenix
06-26-2020, 06:41 PM
Team 4 stands out as the one put together with some thought.

Do you guys even watch the NBA these days? Whether you like it or not, space and pace has revolutionized the game for a reason.

The spacing of Jordan/Payton/Duncan/Robinson/Green would be horrendous.

There's a reason why the 2008 Olympic team was so close to losing to a team with "less talent," it's about fit as much as talent.

Sure but is this occurring under 2020 rules? That's always the argument isn't it? The team you mention has no spacing by 2020 standards, but good luck playing them anytime from 90 to 2000.

Phoenix
06-26-2020, 06:43 PM
Doesnt make sense doing this as a poll. What happened to judges?

warriorfan
06-26-2020, 06:47 PM
Doesnt make sense doing this as a poll. What happened to judges?

I don’t think this is part of the league. He was just making this for the shits of it. It’s cool with me as long as it’s public so we don’t get these nutsos with 20 alts ****ing with things :lol

Manny98
06-26-2020, 06:47 PM
SouBeachTalents team would beat your team in 5 games. Sure you did, we already know you have alts.
CP3 > Nash (by a mile)
Allen > Klay
LeBron > Kawhi (by a mile)
KG > AD
Dwight < Hakeem

i literally have the better player in 4/5 positions and bench is not going to be relevant in the real games as their only going to be playing like 10 minutes a game anyway

RRR3
06-26-2020, 06:54 PM
CP3 > Nash (by a mile)
Allen > Klay
KG > AD
Dwight < Hakeem

i literally have the better player in 4/5 positions and bench is not going to be relevant in the real games as their only going to be playing like 10 minutes a game anyway
His team fits seamlessly. Yours does not.

1987_Lakers
06-26-2020, 06:55 PM
CP3 > Nash (by a mile)
Allen > Klay
KG > AD
Dwight < Hakeem

You want to play it that way?

Big O > CP3
T-Mac > Allen
Durant < LeBron
Barkley < Garnett (by a hair)
Kareem >>>>>>>>>>>>>> Dwight

:lol

RRR3
06-26-2020, 06:58 PM
You want to play it that way?

Big O > CP3
T-Mac > Allen
Durant < LeBron
Barkley < Garnett (by a hair)
Kareem >>>>>>>>>>>>>> Dwight

:lol
Yikes. Now he’ll suddenly start talking about “fit” :lol

Manny98
06-26-2020, 06:59 PM
CP3 is arguably better than Oscar, and Dwight is a far better defender than Kareem, especially in today's era

peak Dwight was a legit MVP caliber player

Phoenix
06-26-2020, 07:31 PM
:roll:

Team 7 has 9 of 11 votes.

imdaman99
06-26-2020, 07:42 PM
Team 5. Why? Because Bill Russell has shown himself to be a ringmaster with good talent around him. And that is really the only reason I got them winning. Really!

RRR3
06-26-2020, 07:43 PM
:roll:

Team 7 has 9 of 11 votes.
I didn't think Manny was "Simon" (not the actual Simon Russwest0, but the guy people call "Simon" AKA Dray N Klay/Dubeta/etc), but this makes me think he is. He's hardly subtle here. It's a shame the voting wasn't public, although I'm pretty sure the votes for Manny are something along the lines of: Manny98, KD7, Jamal23, Lambruh, Scuzzy, AirBonner, Vino24, Stanley Kobrick, and ELITEPower23.

Manny98
06-26-2020, 07:57 PM
Team 5. Why? Because Bill Russell has shown himself to be a ringmaster with good talent around him. And that is really the only reason I got them winning. Really!
Trust a Knicks fan to pick literally the worst team there :roll:

HBK_Kliq_2
06-26-2020, 08:01 PM
I really like team 4 because the Kawhi/Hakeem duo with Davis as the 3rd wheel, Klay as the 4th option. Strong team. Steve Nash might get in the way because he likes to micromanage the offense like he did with suns. I would rather put a point guard like Lowry/Billups on that roster instead of Nash because all you need is them to make good passes and spot up 3 shooting. Nash likes to dribble for 15 seconds before he decides to pass it, that's great on the right roster but not needed when you have guys you can just dump it too like Kawhi/Hakeem/Davis.

Team 2 lacks 3 point shooting

Team 5 also lacks 3 point shooting outside of Dirk

Team 7 will be great as long as Dwight knows his role as a 3rd or 4th option scorer

imdaman99
06-26-2020, 08:51 PM

And what does a troll pretending to be a Nets fan know about this? You forget you were a Knicks fan a couple years ago? We have proof lil man :lol

You wanna question Bill Russell's rings? OK go right ahead but he has more of them than he has fingers :pimp:

Reggie43
06-26-2020, 08:52 PM
Team 6

AlternativeAcc.
06-26-2020, 08:54 PM
Team 1 looks like the deepest team, team 6 has the best starting lineup (if we're talking peaks)

MrFonzworth
06-26-2020, 08:55 PM
I voted team 1.

Gotterdammerung
06-26-2020, 09:05 PM
But of course I voted for my team
:oldlol:

Chamberlain would just dominate the boards over any other center and hurl it down court to Magic Johnson who has a size advantage over any other guard in the history of the game. He will drive for the easy layup or feed the finishers in Pippen, West or Kemp, Johnson. Fling it outside to Miller or Ellis for the cheapo three.

In the half court Chamberlain either gets a high percentage shot (68%) or play the high post and hit guys curling off picks like West and McAdoo. They're nearly automatic from the field.

ETA: defense they'll be too disruptive in the passing lanes with Pippen and West, and active on the block. Even if teams went small team gotterdammerung can play fast with McAdoo as small ball big and leave in sharpshooters like Miller and Ellis and GINOBILI, getting open in a motion offense for the Magic pass.

warriorfan
06-26-2020, 09:18 PM
Team 6

Starting lineup

John Stockton 91
Dwyane Wade 09
Julius Erving 76
Karl Malone 96
O’Neal 00

This starting lineup is extremely physical, strong defenders and rebounders at every position, and an absolute nightmare in transition. Stockton running with Wade and Erving would be automatic. There will be many half court alley oops. Karl and Shaq together will seriously take players out of games. By neutralizing them, fouling them out, or sending them to the hospital. That would be brutal, demoralizing, near impossible to try to deal with over the course of 4 quarters.

Stockton will be doing his thing in pick and roll and finding Malone and Shaq. Stockton can space the floor a bit and let Wade take on ball handling duties if needed. Erving is a capeable passer himself and will be able to keep the ball moving while looking for efficient buckets for himself as well.

Defensively the lineup is quite stifling. John Stockton is going to make it difficult for any point guard to operate. Wade at his prime was a borderline DPOY force. Quickness and strength rarely found in guards with a gigantic wingspan to boot. He has a nose for big plays and being in the right spots at the right time. Erving is as physically imposing as any small forward of all time and will give a great two way effort. There is a lot of low post scoring on these teams everyone has drafted and Malone and Shaq will be able to neutralize that to an extent.

There’s going to be a concentrated effort on getting Shaq started early. With the passing of Stockton Wade and Erving, the ball will be able to move freely until someone can get Shaq set up down low.

Now after getting beat down with physical and grinding basketball. We are going to be running and gunning hard with the second unit.

Damian Lillard 18
Vince Carter 01
Paul Pierce 02
Larry Bird 85
Joakim Noah 14

The floor will be spaced extremely well 1-4 , VC will be dunking. Everyone on this line up can shoot and pass and hold their own on defense. Matchup wise Larry Bird poses a problem for many teams in this lineup. There are a lot of large power forwards that won’t be comfortable coming out that deep to cover him. Larry of course is going to be the heart and soul of this second unit. His toughness and intangibles are going to elevate this squad to near or depending on matchup, surpassing the starters.
This will possibly be the closers as well. If any teams want to try hack a Shaq hijinks they are going to have to deal with this. With 3 certified clutch gods in Bird, Pierce, and Lillard. This line up is going to be cold blooded down the stretch.

colts19
06-26-2020, 11:04 PM
I think team 6 is by far the best starting 5 and they also have all kinds of great scoring off the bench. I don't understand why you would pick larry Bird with you're first pick and the not even start him.

warriorfan
06-26-2020, 11:18 PM
I think team 6 is by far the best starting 5 and they also have all kinds of great scoring off the bench. I don't understand why you would pick larry Bird with you're first pick and the not even start him.

It’s just something I was tinkering with. Not set in stone yet. I felt like he could elevate the bench and close games. Especially since Shaq can be vulnerable down the stretch. Like I said before it does seem a bit crazy. Not quite done yet and we will see how it ends up.

Btw this was another lineup from the other thread http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?481484-ISH-All-Time-Draft-Results-and-Lineup-Explanations

Another lineup vs larger teams would be

Wade
Carter
Bird
Malone
Shaq

Another bully team with enough spacing for the offense to operate. Wade slashing and dropping off the ball to Malone and Shaq when he sees help defense. Bird will be able to pass from the post and find big men like he did his whole career. Bird’s great rebounding and outlet passes for Wade and Carter on the break...Malone and Shaq trailing. Yikes. And of course we will have bird moments where he demands to get the ball and everyone get the **** out of the way.

Phoenix
06-27-2020, 12:34 AM

Korver and Fyre. All time fantasy draft. Fukk outta here :oldlol:

Phoenix
06-27-2020, 12:35 AM
I didn't think Manny was "Simon" (not the actual Simon Russwest0, but the guy people call "Simon" AKA Dray N Klay/Dubeta/etc), but this makes me think he is. He's hardly subtle here. It's a shame the voting wasn't public, although I'm pretty sure the votes for Manny are something along the lines of: Manny98, KD7, Jamal23, Lambruh, Scuzzy, AirBonner, Vino24, Stanley Kobrick, and ELITEPower23.

Sounds about right. Not sure why the votes were made private.

Bankaii
06-27-2020, 12:46 AM
Teams 2 and 6 have elite defense but horrible spacing.
Team 7 has a great starting lineup but that bench is ass.
Team 4 probably has the best mixture of talent and cohesiveness.