PDA

View Full Version : 16 NBA players have tested positive for the coronvavirus of 302 players tested

BurningHammer
06-26-2020, 05:29 PM
Players at ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex, by the way.

Per Woj:

https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1276530837018882048

FreezingTsmoove
06-26-2020, 05:31 PM
Shut it down. Just start the season back up in October

bullettooth
06-26-2020, 05:43 PM
They should stop testing them. Gotta use the logic of a guy that Americans elected as president; no covid-19 cases if you don't test!

tpols
06-26-2020, 06:20 PM

why would that matter?

it will still easily be around by then.

BurningHammer
06-26-2020, 06:25 PM

NBA probably won't. This is why they will restart at the end of July so there will be enough time to clear up those with positive results attending the bubble.

FultzNationRISE
06-26-2020, 06:41 PM
How many of them have suffered tangible health maladies as a result of this horrible virus?

Any?

OMG U GUYS, CORONAVIRUS!!!!!!!!!!!

EVERYONE JUMP IN YOUR PLASTIC BUBBLE AND ROLL AT LEAST 50 FEET AWAY FROM THE NEAREST HUMAN!!!!!!!

Kblaze8855
06-26-2020, 06:46 PM
Why would this bring about a shutdown? 16 of 300+ sounds about right. Obviously a lot of people have it without knowing because it mostly doesn’t make you sick. I’m sure they expected many. They just put restart details online a few hours ago after these results were public....

Roundball_Rock
06-26-2020, 06:49 PM
Why would this bring about a shutdown? 16 of 300+ sounds about right. Obviously a lot of people have it without knowing because it mostly doesn’t make you sick. I’m sure they expected many. They just put restart details online a few hours ago after these results were public....

Agreed. That is 5% of the NBA population. The CDC director just the other day said the real number of Covid-19 cases likely are 10 times the official number since so many people are not tested (unlike NBA players). If you do the math that is about 8% of the U.S. population.

light
06-26-2020, 09:25 PM
Players at ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex, by the way.

Per Woj:

https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1276530837018882048

That was expected.

The season continues.

Axe
06-26-2020, 09:29 PM
They don't care. They are just going to play. Besides, that is the main reason why this whole league exists, right?

ELITEpower23
06-26-2020, 10:05 PM
35% of people are asymptomatic according to CDC. Don't worry, the sky isnt falling

imdaman99
06-26-2020, 10:16 PM
Can I get a list of these guys? I know Beal and Brogdon got it, but who else? Mitchell and Gobert, KD

ELITEpower23
06-26-2020, 10:17 PM
Can I get a list of these guys? I know Beal and Brogdon got it, but who else? Mitchell and Gobert, KD

Jokic

Elosha
06-26-2020, 11:04 PM
Agreed. That is 5% of the NBA population. The CDC director just the other day said the real number of Covid-19 cases likely are 10 times the official number since so many people are not tested (unlike NBA players). If you do the math that is about 8% of the U.S. population.

That's a bad thing, not a good thing. The more people who have it and the less testing that is done, the less we are able to predict and stop its course and the more unknown infected people are around to infect other people. This thing kills anywhere between 10 to 50 times more people than the flu does. I don't know why anyone thinks 125,000 people killed since February is acceptable, or subject to reasonable explanation. It's not. It's a massive amount of death, and if things don't slow down, we're going to see an even worse second part of the first wave, and then potentially an even more deadly second wave this fall and winter. Our Idiot in Chief and his Republican cohorts are more interested in avoiding that kind of conversation.

Elosha
06-26-2020, 11:06 PM

With all due respect, I believe early on when the coronavirus was starting you were posting that it was not that big of a deal and probably wouldn't have much of an effect on anything... I hope you have changed that perspective.

StrongLurk
06-26-2020, 11:09 PM
* season

StrongLurk
06-26-2020, 11:12 PM
That's a bad thing, not a good thing. The more people who have it and the less testing that is done, the less we are able to predict and stop its course and the more unknown infected people are around to infect other people. This thing kills anywhere between 10 to 50 times more people than the flu does. I don't know why anyone thinks 125,000 people killed since February is acceptable, or subject to reasonable explanation. It's not. It's a massive amount of death, and if things don't slow down, we're going to see an even worse second part of the first wave, and then potentially an even more deadly second wave this fall and winter. Our Idiot in Chief and his Republican cohorts are more interested in avoiding that kind of conversation.

I was telling people that we'd have a million people die in a 12 month span if no shut downs or precautions were taken. This was back in early March. Pretty much no one agreed with me but now we see a ton of people have died even with historic economic shutdowns. Honestly modern society has just given people too much of a false sense of security and people often think things like coronavirus happen "elsewhere" or to "other people", but not themselves...until it's too late and you have a tube slammed down your throat and put on a ventilator.

StrongLurk
06-26-2020, 11:15 PM
How many of them have suffered tangible health maladies as a result of this horrible virus?

Any?

EVERYONE JUMP IN YOUR PLASTIC BUBBLE AND ROLL AT LEAST 50 FEET AWAY FROM THE NEAREST HUMAN!!!!!!!

You have limited thinking ability. The issue is the EASE OF SPREAD mostly. The NBA players might not die, but they will spread covid-19 like crazy which will KILL other less healthy people in mass quantities. We already had relatives of NBA players die months ago.

Again, the issue is SPREAD. Imagine if 10% of the country caught the flu all at once and there was no vaccine...the hospital strain would be impossible to handle and MANY people would die.

Elosha
06-26-2020, 11:30 PM
You have limited thinking ability. The issue is the EASE OF SPREAD mostly. The NBA players might not die, but they will spread covid-19 like crazy which will KILL other less healthy people in mass quantities. We already had relatives of NBA players die months ago.

Again, the issue is SPREAD. Imagine if 10% of the country caught the flu all at once and there was no vaccine...the hospital strain would be impossible to handle and MANY people would die.

Absolutely right and well put.

warriorfan
06-26-2020, 11:33 PM

This

FultzNationRISE
06-26-2020, 11:55 PM

Players cant quarantine for however long they feel they need to after their season is over???

:facepalm :facepalm :facepalm

Also, the government is literally paying doctors to chalk up every single illness/death as covid. You know people did die from infection and disease before 2020 right?

Our government is directly manipulating heath statistics to scare people like you.

And you dont..

even...

care.

Jay-B
06-27-2020, 12:07 AM
Well in the past 4 months these players have been in the open world out and about just like us, if you put them in a bubble the cases “shouldn’t” be as high. We would think at least.

Kblaze8855
06-27-2020, 01:56 AM
With all due respect, I believe early on when the coronavirus was starting you were posting that it was not that big of a deal and probably wouldn't have much of an effect on anything... I hope you have changed that perspective.

How big a deal it is a matter of the attention we give it. You could make a great number of things a big deal if you were willing to halt society off the number of people hurt by them. It’s just another thing out there.

HylianNightmare
06-27-2020, 02:39 AM
My company is feeding the people that are setting up the bubble on site.

Elosha
06-27-2020, 05:45 PM
How big a deal it is a matter of the attention we give it. You could make a great number of things a big deal if you were willing to halt society off the number of people hurt by them. It’s just another thing out there.

This is not "just another thing out there," and I know you are smarter than this. even with drastic social distancing guidelines, which truly weren't drastic or long enough, we have lost a hundred and twenty-five thousand plus people and it's only going to get much worse if things don't change. Much of the rest of the world, who has been better than us in tracking and isolating the infections, are in much better shape. But think about what would have happened if no one would have taken any quarantining actions throughout the world? We would already have Millions if not tens of millions of deaths already.

no Kblaze, this is not just another thing. The 1918 influenza pandemic was not another thing. COVID-19 is truly on that level. We're fortunate enough to have more scientific understanding, and it's still crippling the world.

Soundwave
06-27-2020, 06:14 PM

What exactly is going to be magically different in October? The virus doesn't like Halloween or something and will just volunteer to go away? If anything a harder 2nd wave is probably coming in the fall/winter.

Kblaze8855
06-27-2020, 06:33 PM
This is not "just another thing out there," and I know you are smarter than this. even with drastic social distancing guidelines, which truly weren't drastic or long enough, we have lost a hundred and twenty-five thousand plus people and it's only going to get much worse if things don't change. Much of the rest of the world, who has been better than us in tracking and isolating the infections, are in much better shape. But think about what would have happened if no one would have taken any quarantining actions throughout the world? We would already have Millions if not tens of millions of deaths already.

no Kblaze, this is not just another thing. The 1918 influenza pandemic was not another thing. COVID-19 is truly on that level. We're fortunate enough to have more scientific understanding, and it's still crippling the world.

It’s another thing. Much like malaria which kills half a million people a year and we ignore because they are poor brown people. An emergency isn’t more serious because Americans get sick. The world picks and chooses what matters based largely on who is hurt and how used to the issue we are. If this never goes away we don’t have a whole new world. We have the world. And the world will be fine.

FultzNationRISE
06-27-2020, 06:58 PM
It’s another thing. Much like malaria which kills half a million people a year and we ignore because they are poor brown people. An emergency isn’t more serious because Americans get sick. The world picks and chooses what matters based largely on who is hurt and how used to the issue we are. If this never goes away we don’t have a whole new world. We have the world. And the world will be fine.

BOOM.

After the covid hysteria ends, lets see how many of these nuts will call for a US-enforced lockdown of Africa.

“For their own protection tho!!!”

Axe
06-27-2020, 07:22 PM
What exactly is going to be magically different in October? The virus doesn't like Halloween or something and will just volunteer to go away? If anything a harder 2nd wave is probably coming in the fall/winter.
Wouldn't the virus love trick-or-treating?

Shooter
06-27-2020, 07:26 PM

Total Deaths: 496,000
World Population: 7,794,291,000

% of deaths per person = 0.00636% = 1 in 15,714

That is the chances of dying by Corona Virus. 1 in 15,714.

Elosha
06-27-2020, 11:24 PM
Total Deaths: 496,000
World Population: 7,794,291,000

% of deaths per person = 0.00636% = 1 in 15,714

That is the chances of dying by Corona Virus. 1 in 15,714.

That's what it's done in 5 months with unprecedented worldwide efforts to stop it. And it's not close to done. It would have exponentially killed 10's of millions of people by now if we treated it "as just a thing." But of course we on ISH know better than the scientists studying infectious diseases and how they spread. :facepalm

Shooter
06-27-2020, 11:31 PM
That's what it's done in 5 months with unprecedented worldwide efforts to stop it. And it's not close to done. It would have exponentially killed 10's of millions of people by now if we treated it "as just a thing." But of course we on ISH know better than the scientists studying infectious diseases and how they spread. :facepalm

Whut?

The chances of dying by Corona Virus is 1 in 15,714

Elosha
06-27-2020, 11:40 PM

There's a lot to be done to stop malaria, and there is already a lot being done. I won't deny that it is a serious problem worldwide and particularly in Africa. But you're making it false equivalency here. we have effective malaria vaccines for many, many years now, and the disease is not threatening to exponentially cause world death and destruction. Absent the drastic social distancing and quarantine efforts COVID-19 would have done so. And it's still wreaking havoc.

Half a million deaths is what it's done in 5 months with unprecedented worldwide efforts to stop it. And it's not close to done. It would have exponentially killed 10's of millions of people by now if we treated it "as just a thing." But of course we on ISH know better than the scientists studying infectious diseases and how they spread

Elosha
06-27-2020, 11:45 PM
Whut?

The chances of dying by Corona Virus is 1 in 15,714

This is going over your head apparently. we have no vaccine. The only reason it has "only" killed approximately 500,000 people is because of the draconian and unprecedented social distancing guidelines practically the whole world has implemented. And your position is also counter-intuitive. Coronavirus is made exponentially worse by the fact that so many people don't take it seriously enough. That attitude will only increase the amount of death.

bobopenguin
06-27-2020, 11:55 PM

Any?

wanna say that to KAT?

Smoke117
06-28-2020, 12:16 AM

You are ****ing retarded if you actually believe that. Tens of millions? And so what? What matters is percentages. It basically kills about 5% and 90% of those people are old are compromised anyway. You're a ****ing dipshit, moron.

Replay32
06-28-2020, 12:55 AM
They'll just test negative in a couple of weeks. Moving along

Elosha
06-28-2020, 01:03 AM
You are ****ing retarded if you actually believe that. Tens of millions? And so what? What matters is percentages. It basically kills about 5% and 90% of those people are old are compromised anyway. You're a ****ing dipshit, moron.

You're truly an idiot and know nothing. 5% is 50 times the death rate of the flu. Millions of dead, and "so what???" :facepalm You have the same callous and nonsensical attitude as Cadet Bonespurs. So keep sticking your head in the sand like our president. God help the country, if we are ever so stupid enough to again elect such a fool as him or you.

Lebowski
06-28-2020, 01:10 AM
Lots of disinfectant injecters in this thread. Good luck!

Elosha
06-28-2020, 01:15 AM

I swear, most of ISH has the maturity of b/t 10 to 15 yrs old. Utter insanity.

Axe
06-28-2020, 05:27 AM
I swear, most of ISH has the maturity of b/t 10 to 15 yrs old. Utter insanity.
The reason for the immaturity you find in this place is only because of too much democracy. :lol

I mean people can choose to be crazy anytime they want to.

msbutthurt
06-28-2020, 06:45 AM

You're either a communist or a freemason.

msbutthurt
06-28-2020, 06:47 AM
The reason for the immaturity you find in this place is only because of too much democracy. :lol

I mean people can choose to be crazy anytime they want to.

It's true. Too many idiots running the streets right now. Watch how people vote... The majority is just watching this nonsense.

msbutthurt
06-28-2020, 06:48 AM

I'm a russian bot. Block me and then think you're right. Going to be a huge landslide win for the current p.

msbutthurt
06-28-2020, 06:49 AM
You're truly an idiot and know nothing. 5% is 50 times the death rate of the flu. Millions of dead, and "so what???" :facepalm You have the same callous and nonsensical attitude as Cadet Bonespurs. So keep sticking your head in the sand like our president. God help the country, if we are ever so stupid enough to again elect such a fool as him or you.

You're in for a surprise come the election.

Kblaze8855
06-28-2020, 08:17 AM
There's a lot to be done to stop malaria, and there is already a lot being done. I won't deny that it is a serious problem worldwide and particularly in Africa. But you're making it false equivalency here. we have effective malaria vaccines for many, many years now, and the disease is not threatening to exponentially cause world death and destruction. Absent the drastic social distancing and quarantine efforts COVID-19 would have done so. And it's still wreaking havoc.

Half a million deaths is what it's done in 5 months with unprecedented worldwide efforts to stop it. And it's not close to done. It would have exponentially killed 10's of millions of people by now if we treated it "as just a thing." But of course we on ISH know better than the scientists studying infectious diseases and how they spread

There is no world destruction. This is my basic problem....

60 million people will die this year no matter what. The world isn’t “destroyed” because 61.5 go one year as opposed to 60 or when we have a good year and it’s 58 or a bad and it’s 64. I’m gonna tell you something you can believe or not believe...I could post the texts from my mom if it helps but....

My father got the virus and mostly recovered then had a heart attack and died about 3 weeks ago. We have not been close since the 90s so I was hardly shaken up but it happened. I’m not sure if they listed it as a COVID death or not. But he got it and got very ill.

And guess what? That means less to me than my mom having ovarian cancer. Or my great aunt dying of the flu years ago. Or my little cousin killed by a drunk driver. Or my aunt Selena dying of lung cancer at 34.

If I had to pick one I’d get rid of cigarettes before the corona virus. Smoking has killed dozens of millions of people and there will never be a cure because it’s a choice and then an addiction....and people straight up intentionally pass it to others through peer pressure and downright being shitty humans.

Whatever it is....something is gonna get 50-60 million people a year. Adding a category does not get me weepy.

Kblaze8855
06-28-2020, 08:17 AM
Cancer is to me the worst thing in the world with a good fight being put up by the apathy those of us in rich countries feel about the poor people we don’t see. You could save a lot more people through mandatory food donations and improved infrastructure to get it where it must go than you ever could doing state shutdowns.

But it’s not honestly about saving lives. It’s just a new thing grabbing media attention at the expense of the old things already killing. If we as a society wanted to save lives at the expense of personal liberty and the economy as we now seem willing to do we wouldn’t be talking about masks. We would be talking about portion control, smoking, charity, giving undirected trllions(yes...with a T) to the true scourges of the world....cancer, water filtration, and hunger.

Having ample rice and clean water get where it’s needed would save a lot more lives than taking one of many lesser issues serious just because it’s new and on tv. TB kills 1.5 million a year eve with a vaccine available. We giving a shit?

Diseases come and eventually get mostly contained. The earths true problems are bigger than who got coughed on in the cookie aisle of a dollar store in Indiana.

Im not prone to making a big deal of such things even when they touch my life personally. I try to keep perspective and looking big picture? I see no more cause for alarm than exists every day.

And if it lasts forever you won’t be that concerned either. Just be another thing in the back of your mind. With all the advances we have made we haven’t even stopped cholera. The Oregon Trail diseases are still infecting people by the millions. The world has big problems and few go away.

We mostly got polio and small pox outta here. This? In a world with international flights? This and every pandemic to come is gonna be nearly impossible to stop. A vaccine will slow it in rich countries then It will fade into being mostly an issue that kills poor people in Peru, Laos, and Chad that we will ignore as we celebrate “defeating” something that will keep killing till all disease is wiped out in the Star Trek times.

The world sucks for 300 reasons. Now 301. Excuse me for not grabbing the nearest horse and riding through the streets yelling “The rona is coming!” when people are giving their toddlers Pepsi In sippy cups setting them down a path of death they will likely put their own kids on too.

After I took my mom shopping for wigs after chemo took her hair and saw alllllll the other women in there(it’s where the cancer treatment place sends them) my perspective changed a bit.

Im not easily shaken by shit most people don’t even realize they have. Not compared to the greater issues. I tell my mom to stay home. She’s at higher risk. Beyond that?

Its not something I’m in a panic over. The world at large has bigger problems and so does this country in particular. They just aren’t fresh and getting coverage.

Kblaze8855
06-28-2020, 08:24 AM
No BS. My dad died. Doesn’t stop me from having perspective.

*Giant ass screen stretching image removed* I’ll shrink it later

msbutthurt
06-28-2020, 08:28 AM
No BS. My dad died. Doesn’t stop me from having perspective.

I can have fake text messages too. You freemason butthole.

Kblaze8855
06-28-2020, 08:35 AM
1. I had Freemasons among my much older family.

2. That’s just the nature of the internet. If you think I’d pretend my dad died for an ISH topic fine. I’m sure there are people who would so I don’t blame you.

msbutthurt
06-28-2020, 08:43 AM
1. I had Freemasons among my much older family.

2. That’s just the nature of the internet. If you think I’d pretend my dad died for an ISH topic fine. I’m sure there are people who would so I don’t blame you.

Gross. Also.... why did it take 3 days to reply... Kobe's death mattered more?

Kblaze8855
06-28-2020, 08:47 AM
To me?

Yes.

Yes it did. I was in New Orleans drinking buy one get one daiquiris and chilling. It would have been a much bigger deal in 1995. We rarely spoke.

msbutthurt
06-28-2020, 08:54 AM
To me?

Yes.

Yes it did. I was in New Orleans drinking buy one get one daiquiris and chilling. It would have been a much bigger deal in 1995. We rarely spoke.

1995? What happened in 1995?

Kblaze8855
06-28-2020, 09:11 AM
Nothing it’s just closer to a time we were still close. We were not together daily after like 1992.

Elosha
06-28-2020, 11:06 AM
You're either a communist or a freemason.

Go away, little boy.