PDA

View Full Version : Lonzo vs. LaMelo. Who is the better draft prospect?

Stephonit
06-27-2020, 10:34 AM
I haven't been following the draft analysis but read that LaMelo is starting to peak the interest of some analysts because he supposedly has terrific passing and handling skills despite being awful in other aspects of his game. From what I remember his brother Lonzo was also lauded for having terrific passing ability and was selected high because of it.

Which brother is the better prospect at the time of the draft? Who will be the better player?

Real Men Wear Green
06-27-2020, 11:39 AM
Lonzo Ball was drafted 2nd. His brother is widely predicted top 3. Based on that they are valued roughly the same?

Stephonit
06-27-2020, 12:46 PM
Lonzo Ball was drafted 2nd. His brother is widely predicted top 3. Based on that they are valued roughly the same?

That's kind of my point in asking the question. They seem to be looked at similarly going by the current buzz, but wasn't Lonzo thought of as having much better potential in his draft year? Did LaMelo bridge the gap as he's aged? Is there any reason to believe LaMelo shows more potential? LaMelo seems to have the same strengths and similar weaknesses.

If Lonzo at the time of his draft and LaMelo were being drafted now, who would be the better prospect?

Real Men Wear Green
06-27-2020, 02:34 PM
That's kind of my point in asking the question. They seem to be looked at similarly going by the current buzz, but wasn't Lonzo thought of as having much better potential in his draft year? Did LaMelo bridge the gap as he's aged? Is there any reason to believe LaMelo shows more potential? LaMelo seems to have the same strengths and similar weaknesses.

If Lonzo at the time of his draft and LaMelo were being drafted now, who would be the better prospect?i don't know how to compare what the younger has done in Australia and whatever Eastern European country to what the older did at UCLA. B (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5d3MNxZ07Ic)ut here's a highlight. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5d3MNxZ07Ic The stupid comparison is Magic. He's similar to his brother but plays with more flair. His brother was drafted too high and I would hope to find a better prospect with the 2nd pick but the scouts seem to love him. His brother will be a star if he ever gets a reliable jumper but that's a big if. I feel the same about Lamelo but I will say that the highlight vid makes it seem like the younger is more aggressive to create which increases the odds he becomes a great player. But who doesn't look good in a highlight? I'm kind of bothered that that vid is the best they could find of his plays. A big PG that shoots badly.