PDA

View Full Version : How weird is it going to be playing with no crowd?

DoctorP
06-27-2020, 02:30 PM
It's going to be weird playing with no fans. I hope ESPN comes up with some innovative solutions to the dilemna.

This is going to be real-life e-sports.

I knew LeBron was going to play and was just FULL OF IT as ALWAYS ahaha.

Such a shit talker!!

Shooter
06-27-2020, 02:38 PM
I have been thinking about this just like you and other fans and I think it could be a cool opportunity to have the players mic'd up or at least hear more 'in game' sounds than what we are accustomed to. When we watch games on tv we don't hear hardly any player talking but in reality they are loud and talking constantly. Could be a cool segment for fans to enjoy. I wonder if they will include any sounds at all, like to mimic basic crowd noises or will it be completely silent with the "home game" commentators taking the mic when its a 'home' game ?

getting_old
06-27-2020, 02:43 PM
Bayern Munich games weren't much fun to watch, but the league was already over early in the return

Everything is heard clearly, which isn't always a good thing

StrongLurk
06-27-2020, 03:41 PM
*sterisk

bison
06-27-2020, 04:14 PM
Probably like a G league game. Except with fancier lighting and the players are 20 times more talented

Jay-B
06-27-2020, 10:25 PM
I think the final seconds in the nba finals when a champion is crowned is going to be really weird too

oldtimer28
06-27-2020, 10:52 PM
Still hoping the situation improves to allow fans..... even if physically distanced behind a bubble/barrier like ice hockey.

Eg. Poltical rallies and protests had more close contact than some sports.

SpaceJam
06-28-2020, 01:33 AM
They are doing the no crowd thing here with Australian Football, honestly it doesn't make too much of a difference to me personally, it's more so just a 'huh, forgot there was no crowd' than back to enjoying the game

Marchesk
06-28-2020, 05:28 AM
Could pipe in fan noise from an arena in the contaminated zone (i.e. rest of Florida).

msbutthurt
06-28-2020, 06:43 AM
NBA could allow players to wear social justice messages on jerseys
https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/29377073/nba-allow-players-wear-social-justice-messages-jerseys

How weird is it going to be when half the viewership is gone in general and players make less money because the salary cap goes down?

warriorfan
06-28-2020, 09:32 AM
Could pipe in fan noise from an arena in the contaminated zone (i.e. rest of Florida).

Yes. Seahawks have been doing it for years.

Kblaze8855
06-28-2020, 09:45 AM
With the other people there being tested couldn’t they have the other players, coaches, and whoever attend the games with some distance? Just wondering if that’s come up. Not that it would be the same as fans.

jayfan
06-28-2020, 10:03 AM
I have been thinking about this just like you and other fans and I think it could be a cool opportunity to have the players mic'd up or at least hear more 'in game' sounds than what we are accustomed to. When we watch games on tv we don't hear hardly any player talking but in reality they are loud and talking constantly.

This, basically. I think it'll be great.

Bronbron23
06-28-2020, 10:04 AM
It's going to be weird playing with no fans. I hope ESPN comes up with some innovative solutions to the dilemna.

This is going to be real-life e-sports.

I knew LeBron was going to play and was just FULL OF IT as ALWAYS ahaha.

Such a shit talker!!

it might actually be kind of cool. They may have to r rate it though because your gonna hear everything. Nikka and fakkit are gonna be thrown out on a regular.

SpaceJam
06-28-2020, 10:09 AM
I believe it is allowed for players to attend other games

jayfan
06-28-2020, 10:11 AM
It'll be fascinating. I think the games will be more intense because there will be more focus on the players. No crowd to pan. No crowd to gimmick during timeouts. No crowd to dampen player talk....

* My one concern is that they will still pipe in music like usual in an effort to normalize things for the players. With no crowd, it will seem very loud. Not to mention awkward and annoying.

Bronbron23
06-28-2020, 10:13 AM
It'll be fascinating. I think the games will be more intense because there will be more focus on the players. No crowd to pan. No crowd to gimmick during timeouts. No crowd to dampen player talk....

* My one concern is that they will still pipe in music like usual in an effort to normalize things for the players. In an empty arena, it will seem very loud. Not to mention awkward and annoying.

Yeah never thought about them playing music. That would ruin it imo

KobesFinger
06-28-2020, 11:00 AM
In English football they've put in simulated crowd noise. Some sports channels are offering the game without this, so you hear all the talking on the pitch. I'd like to see that in the NBA, would offer a bit more tactical insight

FKAri
06-28-2020, 11:48 AM
With the other people there being tested couldn’t they have the other players, coaches, and whoever attend the games with some distance? Just wondering if that’s come up. Not that it would be the same as fans.
They could but would those people actually want to attend the games? Don't they have better things to do? Would they be forced to attend?

I'm actually looking forward to no crowd. It's a novelty I want to witness.

ArbitraryWater
06-28-2020, 12:15 PM
In English football they've put in simulated crowd noise. Some sports channels are offering the game without this, so you hear all the talking on the pitch. I'd like to see that in the NBA, would offer a bit more tactical insight

while its so fake i cant lie it kinda helps, makes you forgot the emptiness.

and that crowd noise is "real" from previous games. its not simulated.

AlternativeAcc.
06-28-2020, 12:23 PM
Will they hear the announcers like in UFC? :lol

Hearing lebrons grunts and alpha diction without the crowd muzzling it out is a once in a lifetime opportunity for fans. Witnessing history AGAIN!

LAmbruh
06-28-2020, 02:09 PM

Hearing lebrons grunts and alpha diction without the crowd muzzling it out is a once in a lifetime opportunity for fans. Witnessing history AGAIN!

:lebronamazed::hammertime:

Shooter
06-28-2020, 02:13 PM

Imagine hearing all of his destroying slam dunks

dirkdiggler41
06-28-2020, 02:43 PM
I watch the UFC and it's not really that weird. A funny thing that happened though is that the fighters can hear the commentary. So a fighter hit a another fighter in the groin and the commentator said something about it (don't remember what) and the fighter who got hit said "Listen to Bisping (the commentator) So it will be weird when the commentator says BANG!

KobesFinger
06-28-2020, 06:59 PM
while its so fake i cant lie it kinda helps, makes you forgot the emptiness.

and that crowd noise is "real" from previous games. its not simulated.

I meant simulated in that its not live. Its not even played over the PA system in the stadium, the broadcaster adds it in

talkingconch
06-28-2020, 08:17 PM
Still hoping the situation improves to allow fans..... even if physically distanced behind a bubble/barrier like ice hockey.

Eg. Poltical rallies and protests had more close contact than some sports.

they should...but then the whole point of the bubble is out the window once you introduce outside variables (fans)

how are they going to drown out the cursing? these are nationally televised games

Bronbron23
06-28-2020, 08:24 PM

Hearing lebrons grunts? Your such fakkit dude :facepalm

Gabe Ball
06-28-2020, 10:41 PM
I think it'll still be pretty entertaining and interesting to see how they make it all work, definitely excited to see how intense the games get

Draz
06-28-2020, 10:42 PM
Not weird at all. UFC is absolutely amazing without a crowd.

MrFonzworth
06-29-2020, 12:24 AM
Hearing lebrons grunts? Your such fakkit dude :facepalm

Mods...MODS!

nashwade
06-29-2020, 02:00 AM
let them record the noise from fans watching at home and pipe them 'live' to the arena

SpaceJam
06-29-2020, 05:55 AM
let them record the noise from fans watching at home and pipe them 'live' to the arena

That's all we need, audio of one of 3Ball's 500 word essay on how LeBron ain't shit being played over the Staples Center speakers

Kblaze8855
06-29-2020, 09:21 AM
They could but would those people actually want to attend the games? Don't they have better things to do? Would they be forced to attend?

I'm actually looking forward to no crowd. It's a novelty I want to witness.

Better like what? They aren’t allowed to leave and come back so....what else they have to do? Free tickets for you and whoever you bring(family I suppose) to the “bubble” to an nba finals game? With near front row seats?

Would you rather watch it from the hotel?