PDA

View Full Version : When will Giannis pass Jayson Tatum for playoff series wins?

Shooter
06-28-2020, 07:49 PM
Jayson has made 2 playoffs and Giannis has made 4. Jayson Tatum has 3 playoff series wins and Giannis has 1. Will this be the year that Giannis passes Tatum in playoff series wins?

Axe
06-28-2020, 07:50 PM
Hopefully.

Also depends on how well coach bud will manage his other players in the postseason like middleton, lopez, bledsoe, etc. as last year seemed to be a choke due to their lack of playoff experience.

dbugz
06-28-2020, 07:53 PM
never.

We gonna knockout that bucks team in the 2nd round.

We winning the corona trophy this season :bowdown:

Real Men Wear Green
06-28-2020, 07:54 PM
Why compare Tatum to Giannis? This is the first season Tatum has been arguable as the best player on his team. And if Walker is healthy it's still not a given.

tpols
06-28-2020, 08:09 PM
how can giannis have 1 series win if his team made the ECF's last year?

Axe
06-28-2020, 08:13 PM
He also forgot to mention that they blew them in the water otw to the 2019 ecf against the raptors, going 4-1 against the celtics.

Kblaze8855
06-28-2020, 08:14 PM
^
People don’t think these things through.

Anyway....Tatum has the same number of series wins as George Gervin and Nique. More than Mitch Richmond. Make room in the HOF I suppose.

talkingconch
06-28-2020, 08:16 PM
their both in the Eastern Conference so I'm sure they'll catch up to one another.

Real Men Wear Green
06-28-2020, 08:18 PM
^

Anyway....Tatum has the same number of series wins as George Gervin and Nique. More than Mitch Richmond. Make room in the HOF I suppose.
I get your point but I'd bet Tatum will make the Hall on his first ballot.

Axe
06-28-2020, 08:45 PM
I like the idea that both of them may have potential to lead their respective teams to rings someday.

But i suppose this is just wishful thinking.

Shooter
09-03-2020, 02:25 AM
Playoff series wins

Tatum 4 (prob will get 5)
Giannis 2 (prob not 3)

highwhey
09-03-2020, 02:35 AM
^

listen old man, you're always wrong when talking about future stars, get up to speed.

Penetrator
09-03-2020, 02:48 AM
Would anyone take gianus over Tatum on their team right now?

Real Men Wear Green
09-03-2020, 06:39 AM
Would anyone take gianus over Tatum on their team right now?
Most likely every GM in the league. Tatum is better if you need someone to hit a shot but he still isn't going to dominate a whole season like Antetokuonmpo. MVP vs a guy we're hoping gets All-NBA. Let's not put Tatum up to this kind of comparison yet it's not a real argument.

Gohan
09-03-2020, 10:37 AM
I get your point but I'd bet Tatum will make the Hall on his first ballot.

I doubt that. You never know though def considering how easy it is to get in the hog these days

Real Men Wear Green
09-03-2020, 10:51 AM
I doubt that. You never know though def considering how easy it is to get in the hog these days
If he has good health he will retire as a 10+ time All-Star with a number of All-NBA selections and a good amount of playoff success.

Wally450
09-03-2020, 11:04 AM
Most likely every GM in the league. Tatum is better if you need someone to hit a shot but he still isn't going to dominate a whole season like Antetokuonmpo. MVP vs a guy we're hoping gets All-NBA. Let's not put Tatum up to this kind of comparison yet it's not a real argument.

From what we've seen the last couple seasons in the playoffs, I'd take Tatum over Giannis. When the game slows down, Tatum has the skills to still get his while Giannis struggles.

Giannis can have all the All NBA teams he wants. He's slowed down come playoff time where it counts the most.

Gohan
09-03-2020, 11:06 AM

From what we've seen the last couple seasons in the playoffs, I'd take Tatum over Giannis. When the game slows down, Tatum has the skills to still get his while Giannis struggles.

Giannis can have all the All NBA teams he wants. He's slowed down come playoff time where it counts the most.

Chill. Imagine if Giannis played with Celtics player instead of Tatum. Celtics would win the title

Kblaze8855
09-03-2020, 12:02 PM
listen old man, you're always wrong when talking about future stars, get up to speed.

I don’t think I’ve said anything negative about Tatum ever.

AirBonner
09-03-2020, 12:09 PM
Chill. Imagine if Giannis played with Celtics player instead of Tatum. Celtics would win the title

No they wouldn’t. Giannis can’t really create his own shot because he can’t shoot

Wally450
09-03-2020, 12:13 PM

I'm not imagining anything. I'm going by what I've seen the last 3 years in the playoffs.

TheCorporation
09-03-2020, 08:30 PM
Actually OP Giannis has 3 now :lol So...

In 5 playoffs Giannis has 3 playoff series wins
In 3 playoffs Tatum has 4 playoff series wins