PDA

View Full Version : Anyone down for a Top 25 Player All-Time (by position) ranking?

L.Kizzle
06-29-2020, 01:04 AM
I've been gone from this place the past 5 years or so (maybe longer) so don't know how often things of this nature still go on here.
It could be fun as we can get it going before the season starts back up in about 30 days or so.

If it's been done before recently, just ignore this thread

Synopsis: InsideHoops ranks the greatest Players in NBA History by Position

The 25 Greatest Point Guards of All-Time: Which ere had the deepest talent pool of PGs. The 90s or the 2010s?
The 25 Greatest Shooting Guards of All-Time: Who's the best "shooter" at the Shooting Guard position?
The 25 Greatest Small Forwards of All-Time: Which of the high scoring 80s SFs comes out on top?
The 25 Greatest Power Forwards of All-Time: Where do the 2000s era of PF stack up with the rest?
The 25 Greatest Centers of All-Time: Who is the GOAT Center of All-Time?

highwhey
06-29-2020, 02:18 AM
damn havent seen u in a minute

NBAGOAT
06-29-2020, 03:00 AM
definitely. I think copying realGm and having a vote only count if reasoning is given is a good start. Trolls will still troll but they're worse when they can lazily vote in a poll

warriorfan
06-29-2020, 09:46 AM
Sure let’s do it. No blind polls though. Make it so there are selected voters and the voters have to explain their picking. If not then it will just get hijacked by guys with 10+ different accounts.

Charlie Sheen
06-29-2020, 02:08 PM
I've been gone from this place the past 5 years or so (maybe longer) so don't know how often things of this nature still go on here.
It could be fun as we can get it going before the season starts back up in about 30 days or so.

If it's been done before recently, just ignore this thread

Synopsis: InsideHoops ranks the greatest Players in NBA History by Position

The 25 Greatest Point Guards of All-Time: Which ere had the deepest talent pool of PGs. The 90s or the 2010s?
The 25 Greatest Shooting Guards of All-Time: Who's the best "shooter" at the Shooting Guard position?
The 25 Greatest Small Forwards of All-Time: Which of the high scoring 80s SFs comes out on top?
The 25 Greatest Power Forwards of All-Time: Where do the 2000s era of PF stack up with the rest?
The 25 Greatest Centers of All-Time: Who is the GOAT Center of All-Time?

All-time is the same thing been done on ish since I've been here. There's always the same disagreements over how to rank the pre 80's era players. What about top 10 of the last 30 years?

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
06-29-2020, 02:57 PM
Yeah sign me up.

Maybe shorten it to Top 15 or 20 per. 25 seems like a crapshoot.

Phoenix
06-29-2020, 03:28 PM
I thought we did a top players after 1980 in the past year or so? In any event I find it's often the 'after top 10' debates that actually make for good discussion nowadays, because for 'most' the top 10 are the same names.

warriorfan
06-29-2020, 03:43 PM
Yeah sign me up.

We will go from the top down. We can see how it goes and if it’s running smoothly we can always keep going.

FultzNationRISE
06-29-2020, 04:33 PM
NO I am not down to do a Top 25 Player All-Time (by position) ranking.

However, what I want to say to you is this:

As ISH’s official negro historian, you put me on to a great many classic musical acts in the years gone by, some of whom are among my favorite artists today. As a music lover, it was a great boon to me to have exposure to musicians from an earlier period I might not have come across.

Youre likely the only person here who has tangibly impacted my outside life in any way. And I never got to say thank you, since you disappeared abruptly.

Well HEAR THIS!

Thank you.

L.Kizzle
06-30-2020, 12:48 AM
Sure let’s do it. No blind polls though. Make it so there are selected voters and the voters have to explain their picking. If not then it will just get hijacked by guys with 10+ different accounts.

Yes. Your votes need to have reasoning. And of course no silly votes. Michael Redd's name shouldn't be coming up if we're trying to pick who'd the 4th greatest shooting guard of all-time for example.

IF you think Clyde Drexler is the 4th greatest, that's a legit suggestion. Just need to hear why and who over the other options who could be chosen 4th (Iverson, Harden, Gervin, etc.)

L.Kizzle
06-30-2020, 12:51 AM
Top ten of the past 30 years would be boring, because it's just ten guys.

L.Kizzle
06-30-2020, 12:55 AM
Yeah sign me up.

I think the more names would make for better discussion.
Wouldn't you like to get past the Jordan's, Bird's, Kobe's, Shaq's, LeBron's, Wilt's, etc of the world discussed daily?
Let's dive in a discuss Wes Unseld (who just recently passed), Rick Barry, Sam Jones', Alex English, Yao Ming, etc.

NBAGOAT
06-30-2020, 04:45 AM
i like top 10-15 by position. I enjoy basketball but maybe not at the level where i dive deep into whether billup's longevity is more valuable than penny's prime

L.Kizzle
06-30-2020, 09:17 PM
NO I am not down to do a Top 25 Player All-Time (by position) ranking.

However, what I want to say to you is this:

As ISH’s official negro historian, you put me on to a great many classic musical acts in the years gone by, some of whom are among my favorite artists today. As a music lover, it was a great boon to me to have exposure to musicians from an earlier period I might not have come across.

Youre likely the only person here who has tangibly impacted my outside life in any way. And I never got to say thank you, since you disappeared abruptly.

Well HEAR THIS!

Thank you.

Thanks my guy ... but who are you really, lol.
Says you joined in Aug of 17. I was long gone by then.

And, if I get some more support I'll do it but it doesn't look too promising.

FultzNationRISE
06-30-2020, 09:22 PM
Thanks my guy ... but who are you really, lol.
Says you joined in Aug of 17. I was long gone by then.

And, if I get some more support I'll do it but it doesn't look too promising.

I have a string of usernames that got continuously banned. Akrazotile, starface are probably the most prominent.

I dont know that we actually interacted that often. But your Jackie Wilson, Joe Tex etc appreciation threads got me into those guys. Been listenin to em ever since.

FultzNationRISE
06-30-2020, 09:26 PM
And of course who could forget the legendary Alfonzo’s “Your Booty Makes Me Moody” :lol

L.Kizzle
06-30-2020, 09:29 PM
I have a string of usernames that got continuously banned. Akrazotile, starface are probably the most prominent.

I dont know that we actually interacted that often. But your Jackie Wilson, Joe Tex etc appreciation threads got me into those guys. Been listenin to em ever since.

Okay right on. Yeah we did interact, (I think, lol.)
There was a Joe Tex book recently released, you should check it out. Hold What You've Got The Joe Tex Story. And a Jackie Wilson one as well, called "The Black King of Rock n Roll."

L.Kizzle
06-30-2020, 09:32 PM
And of course who could forget the legendary Alfonzo’s “Your Booty Makes Me Moody” :lol

Found many more gems since then, but that one even made Michael Jackson nervous. Mike told Tito and Jermaine to go "check in on him" at a 1988 recording session. He's never been heard from since.

FultzNationRISE
06-30-2020, 09:49 PM
Found many more gems since then, but that one even made Michael Jackson nervous. Mike told Tito and Jermaine to go "check in on him" at a 1988 recording session. He's never been heard from since.

:roll: :roll: :roll:

L.Kizzle
06-30-2020, 10:08 PM
:roll: :roll: :roll:

What Alonzo was to MJ, SAM BOSTIC was to Prince.

Sam Bostic - Cold Tears (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Z-MHG8bBII)
Sam Bostic - Driving Me Wild (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ll9SCt3TBgM)

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
07-01-2020, 12:50 PM
I think the more names would make for better discussion.
Wouldn't you like to get past the Jordan's, Bird's, Kobe's, Shaq's, LeBron's, Wilt's, etc of the world discussed daily?
Let's dive in a discuss Wes Unseld (who just recently passed), Rick Barry, Sam Jones', Alex English, Yao Ming, etc.

Doing a Top 15-20 would still accomplish that. :confusedshrug:

But hey its your call. Whenever you are ready lets get the ball rolling.

L.Kizzle
07-01-2020, 08:17 PM
Doing a Top 15-20 would still accomplish that. :confusedshrug:

But hey its your call. Whenever you are ready lets get the ball rolling.

I'm gonna try something else. This one isn't gettin enough action from the looks of it.

L.Kizzle
07-11-2020, 01:58 AM
Bout to get this started up soon.

This will give us some healthy debate of other players that are not named Jordan, Kobe, LeBron, etc.
How good was Nate Archibald? Is Dave Cowens the most underrated center ever? Is Dirk really the greatest shooting big man?

25 Greatest All-Time per position.

Some players split significant time at duel positions like Larry Bird, Tim Duncan, Allen Iverson, etc. Thy will be listed under their most successful spot. Bird a SF, Duncan a PF and AI at the Shooting Guard position and so forth.

48 Hour Time limit to make your case for the player at their respective positions.

Also, only legit votes will count. No troll votes. If you're voting Tim Hardaway in as the number 1 Point Guard of All-Time, I will not take that down as a serious vote. If you start to vote for Tim Hardaway around the #8 spot, I will consider that a legitimate vote.

Your vote needs to be followed by why you think that player deserves 'such and such' spot. It doesn't have to be a 10 paragraph essay, but it can be ... "We love to debate don't we?" Just something that gets to the point.

Let's have some fun.

Whoah10115
07-11-2020, 10:01 AM
This is being posted here?

I wonder if Westbrook makes my top 15.

L.Kizzle
07-11-2020, 06:01 PM
This is being posted here?

I wonder if Westbrook makes my top 15.
Yes, I will get it started in the next couple of days (maybe tomorrow ...)