PDA

View Full Version : How do scouts measure potential?

dirkdiggler41
07-02-2020, 02:19 PM
There is always this talk about players not living up to their potential, but how do scouts and you guys determine or measure the potential for a player?

msbutthurt
07-02-2020, 02:39 PM
Athleticism

Flashes of being a good passer

Flashes of being a good shooter

Flashes of being a good defender

Being able to play in a system and understand the system

IQ on the court overall

DJMcDonald
07-02-2020, 03:19 PM
Athleticism

Flashes of being a good passer

Flashes of being a good shooter

Flashes of being a good defender

Being able to play in a system and understand the system

IQ on the court overall

Couldn't stop myself physically from cringing. Yikes. Quite obvious you're a nerd who just picked up the basketball lingo and think it's impressive to flaunt.

Imagine ever being serious and using "flashes of being a good _____" as a template for anything. I would force myself inside you if you tried that on me.

msbutthurt
07-02-2020, 03:24 PM
Couldn't stop myself physically from cringing. Yikes. Quite obvious you're a nerd who just picked up the basketball lingo and think it's impressive to flaunt.

Imagine ever being serious and using "flashes of being a good _____" as a template for anything. I would force myself inside you if you tried that on me.

Which word would you prefer that I use?

Threatening people with raping them.... psychopath spotted.

I said basic words to a question and you are angry. Please see a psychiatrist.

msbutthurt
07-02-2020, 03:25 PM

Imagine saying yikes.

DJMcDonald
07-02-2020, 03:36 PM
Yikes. The double reply. You NEED me to respond. There's a void in your life if I don't. This is what you LIVE for. The point is you didn't answer his question, you gave some empty answer a father would use describing his shit son

msbutthurt
07-02-2020, 03:38 PM
Yikes. The double reply. You NEED me to respond. There's a void in your life if I don't. This is what you LIVE for. The point is you didn't answer his question, you gave some empty answer a father would use describing his shit son

Where was your answer to the question?

I don't need you to reply.

You replied to me.

I don't know who you are and I don't care about you even a little bit. I'm drinking beer and laughing.

DJMcDonald
07-02-2020, 03:43 PM
Where was your answer to the question?

I don't need you to reply.

You replied to me.

I don't know who you are and I don't care about you even a little bit. I'm drinking beer and laughing.

My answer to OP's question is the following:

Athleticism.

Beams of being a good passer

Flares of being a good shooter

Gleams of being a good defender

Bursts of basketball IQ

Dashes of fitting into different systems

msbutthurt
07-02-2020, 03:50 PM
My answer to OP's question is the following:

Athleticism.

Beams of being a good passer

Flares of being a good shooter

Gleams of being a good defender

Bursts of basketball IQ

Dashes of fitting into different systems

When creating a list you tend to use the same words as to not confuse people that might not know words. Did you want me to write out a paragraph explaining why I said what I said? The original question was stupid to begin with. I'm drinking and bored... why would somebody ask how you evaluate talent in the first place? I was just making it obvious. But hey.... when it comes to you. Here is what i think.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oqAOHof4GmM

Lebron23
07-02-2020, 03:55 PM
Shut up 20four aka Nigel.

DJMcDonald
07-02-2020, 04:20 PM
When creating a list you tend to use the same words as to not confuse people that might not know words. Did you want me to write out a paragraph explaining why I said what I said? The original question was stupid to begin with. I'm drinking and bored... why would somebody ask how you evaluate talent in the first place? I was just making it obvious. But hey.... when it comes to you. Here is what i think.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oqAOHof4GmM

I'm just trying to figure out who you are. The way you keep throwing out that you're drinking and trying to steer the conversation towards that shows you're incredibly insecure however. Probably Asperger's. You're posting is bland so this won't do. Getting ahold of my uncle right now.

Ghost1
07-02-2020, 04:53 PM
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/proxy/l7GFT--cvmkQ3PrX1YrVivEhDsHrCNiMjJes5KMXRsam54q00LOfQALJQ bnYM6brMWNK82BGVXT_tcKXVu8k9aL-zUAAVNK4_iPw8HGHsutJT8ji7750kDu7HT4Uvh0DkE23KeHmDH NmlROsdaM

msbutthurt
07-02-2020, 05:01 PM
I'm just trying to figure out who you are. The way you keep throwing out that you're drinking and trying to steer the conversation towards that shows you're incredibly insecure however. Probably Asperger's. You're posting is bland so this won't do. Getting ahold of my uncle right now.

Seeing as this is my first and only account, I know you're a psycho. You are fighting a ghost.

msbutthurt
07-02-2020, 05:08 PM

loooool

LoneyROY7
07-02-2020, 05:24 PM
https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/dragonball/images/5/5e/ScouterPinkNV.png/revision/latest?cb=20191011034307

For the untrained, though.

I can sense it innately myself.

HBK_Kliq_2
07-02-2020, 05:26 PM
Well they thought Jimmer was better then Kawhi Leonard. So its an estimated guess at the end of the day.