PDA

View Full Version : Orlando Magic players say racism must end

Im Still Ballin
07-04-2020, 01:50 AM
Simply epic.

:applause:

Orlando Magic players have been moved by social injustice, most specifically with the death of George Floyd, and the NBA stars say racism and inequality needs to stop.

During the NBA’s COVID-19 shutdown, which began March 12, Orlando Magic players have not only kept up with the impact of the coronavirus, but they also watched the video capturing Floyd’s death while he was being taken into custody by a white Minneapolis police officer.

The ensuing nationwide protests and support for the Black Lives Matter movement were certainly not lost on Magic players.

“This is a good opportunity for people to educate themselves better ... to feel more comfortable speaking up on this. ... All of us. ... Being able to play will give us a huge platform to send a message of togetherness. ... We have a huge number of fans who will listen to us, ... so it’s on us to send out the right message. Racism has no place in this world and it’s time for this to stop.”

https://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/orlando-magic/os-sp-orlando-magic-george-floyd-20200703-5ncwd6hypvck7hg7uuqzw5mwue-story.html

LAmbruh
07-04-2020, 02:12 AM
just one bite

https://savoryandthyme.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/01/Canva-Barbecue-pork-ribs-2-1200x550.jpg

talkingconch
07-04-2020, 02:29 AM
lol these poor souls are so brainwashed

it literally takes seconds to look up statistics on crime and demographics.

They should be educating people on police brutality instead.

Cleverness
07-04-2020, 02:41 AM
Millionaire NBA stars say inequality needs to stop.

Hmmm.

coin24
07-04-2020, 05:33 AM
Maybe they should practice putting the ball through the hoop, cause they're pretty average at that. Maybe leave the politics to others..

Dr Hawk
07-04-2020, 05:44 AM
Racism must end

Hunger must end

Diseases must end

Give me that round of applause I deserve now

Axe
07-04-2020, 06:47 AM
The thing is every human being has their so-called 'opinions' in life.

Wally450
07-04-2020, 09:14 AM
Good luck with that. Racism is unfortunately stronger than ever.

sdot_thadon
07-04-2020, 10:17 AM
Some of these replies are great reminders of how far we have to go.....racism is trash and all decent people should oppose it. It wont ever go completely away, but it should to the point that its a laughable outlook on life deserving of ridicule.

Charlie Sheen
07-04-2020, 12:13 PM
Good luck with that. Racism is unfortunately stronger than ever.

I haven't had the same experience. More people are being branded as racists when in the past they would've been just considered assholes.

The poster Patrick Chewing posts plenty of racist shit, but IMO he's just a loudmouth asshole.

I'm a mexican immigrant, and I've always had a little bit of respect for the person who called me a wetback when I was around. I don't like being called a wetback. It never feels good. Just have more respect for the person who isn't hiding their true feelings because at the very least I can have a discussion with the person who is open and not in denial about their feelings.

HylianNightmare
07-04-2020, 04:35 PM
Maybe they should practice putting the ball through the hoop, cause they're pretty average at that. Maybe leave the politics to others..

Exactly a lot of these guys don't even know what they are asking for they don't have a list of the man's they have no idea what they're talking about. A lot of people have just been so cooped up sitting at home because of covid and it is showing

Cleverness
07-04-2020, 10:35 PM
Racism must end

Hunger must end

Diseases must end

Give me that round of applause I deserve now

Don't forget pneumonia. It killed 2 million children under 5 years old in 2018 and nobody batted an eye.

I haven't had the same experience. More people are being branded as racists when in the past they would've been just considered assholes.

The poster Patrick Chewing posts plenty of racist shit, but IMO he's just a loudmouth asshole.

I'm a mexican immigrant, and I've always had a little bit of respect for the person who called me a wetback when I was around. I don't like being called a wetback. It never feels good. Just have more respect for the person who isn't hiding their true feelings because at the very least I can have a discussion with the person who is open and not in denial about their feelings.

I think he meant racism against whites, which is unfortunately stronger than ever.

Racism as a whole? I agree with you. We're literally making up racism with wall-to-wall coverage as if it's a major issue today.