PDA

View Full Version : Best NBA point guard rankings 2020

insidehoops
07-06-2020, 11:52 PM
With the NBA hopefully resuming later this month, taking all 30 teams into account who do you say are the current best NBA point guards for 2020?

1)
2)
3)
4)
5)

Honorable Mentions:

iamgine
07-07-2020, 12:02 AM
1) James Harden
2) Steph Curry
3) Luka Doncic
4) Damian Lillard
5) Chris paul

Honorable Mentions: Kyle Lowry, Russell Westbrook, Ben Simmons

HBK_Kliq_2
07-07-2020, 12:13 AM
1) Luka Doncic
2) LeBron James
3) James Harden
4) Damian Lillard
5) Chris Paul

LeBron has basically been a point guard this season. Harden has been a point guard ever since D'antoni has coached him. I didn't include Curry because he basically took the season off. Luka anchoring the #1 offensive rating of all time is what puts him at #1 for me.

Manny98
07-07-2020, 04:43 AM
1. Curry (when healthy)
2. CP3 ( no other point guard could have this OKC winning as much in place of CP3)
3. Kyrie (when healthy)
4. Lillard ( I can't put him higher because he doesn't have his team in a playoff position)
5. Westbrook

Honourable mentions

LeBron (I'm not sure if he counts)

Doncic (I think he's a bit overrated right now and i feel it's too early to rank him, I want to see what he has to show come the playoffs

Simmons ( when Embiid is not on the floor clogging up the paint Simmons is easily top 5)

Dinwiddie (got to give my boy a mention)

aceman
07-07-2020, 07:33 AM
1. Curry (when healthy)
2. CP3 ( no other point guard could have this OKC winning as much in place of CP3)
3. Kyrie (when healthy)
4. Lillard ( I can't put him higher because he doesn't have his team in a playoff position)
5. Westbrook

Honourable mentions

Doncic (I think he's a bit overrated right now and i feel it's too early to rank him, I want to see what he has to show come the playoffs

Simmons ( when Embiid is not on the floor clogging up the paint Simmons is easily top 5)

Lebron is more of a point guard than curry & kyrie

ralph_i_el
07-07-2020, 08:15 AM
1. Curry (when healthy)
3. Kyrie (when healthy)
5. Westbrook

Honourable mentions

Lol Embiid is a center. He's supposed to be in the paint. He spaces the floor really well for a center. If you're a point guard, and play WORSE next to a dominant interior force.... you're probably a gimmick player. If Simmons was a threat at all outside of 10ft, he could play with Embiid.

Wally450
07-07-2020, 09:22 AM
Harden
LeBron
CP3
Luka
Lillard

Mask the Embiid
07-07-2020, 11:37 AM
Curry
Kyrie
Cp3

2 of any of these will round out the bound half of the list.dont matter they are all about =
Lillard
Simmons
Westbrook
Lowry

Ghost1
07-07-2020, 12:23 PM
best pg in the league

https://i.postimg.cc/28r457Gg/sacqwfq.png
https://i.postimg.cc/9f74bD1G/32r23r23sd.png

rawimpact
07-07-2020, 02:08 PM
Just wanted to throw out that Ja Morant has to be considered top 10

A PG averaging 18 and 7ast on 50% shooting is all-star caliber, but rookie season is rare.

Manny98
07-07-2020, 03:07 PM
Lol Embiid is a center. He's supposed to be in the paint. He spaces the floor really well for a center. If you're a point guard, and play WORSE next to a dominant interior force.... you're probably a gimmick player. If Simmons was a threat at all outside of 10ft, he could play with Embiid.
We're not in the 90s anymore, big men need to learn how to shoot and space the floor

ncrizzle
07-07-2020, 10:40 PM
Just wanted to throw out that Ja Morant has to be considered top 10

A PG averaging 18 and 7ast on 50% shooting is all-star caliber, but rookie season is rare.

The stats are great and everything, but his intangibles are the things that have impressed me the most. The kid is fearless. He immediately adapted to the style and pace of the NBA. He controls pace, works within the team concept, focuses on getting everyone involved therefor making everyone around him better. And the most surprising and impressive is how clutch hes been. He wants the ball and gets sh1t done when it matters. He's got the "IT" factor . Kid is a winner

atljonesbro
07-07-2020, 10:44 PM
1. Curry
2. Lillard
3. Westbrook
4, Kyrie
5. Trae Young

CTbasketball92
07-08-2020, 11:27 AM
Luka is listed on ESPN as a shooting guard. LeBron is a point guard, but he isn't. Harden is a shooting guard.

1. Curry—best scorer, needs to have a full season where he's worse than the people behind him for me to move him down
2. Dame—most explosive scorer and consistently dominant PG over the last two years. He's been amazing and people still sleep a bit because his playoffs have been comparatively pedestrian.
3. Kyrie—when he's been on the court the last three years he's been nasty. 2017-2018 was the last time I'd say CP3 was better than him. He's been injured this year but gross when on court, #10 in RPM.
4. CP3—still All-NBA level and has clearly played at a top 12 or so level the last year. Can score in the midrange at will, best orchestrator in the league and a good defender. Super clutch with amazing offensive skillset all around.
5. Ben Simmons—if you want to call him a point guard, but idk not what I'm talking about. All-NBA defense and can score well with a spaced floor. Very good passer, amazing athlete who will be a perennial top 10 player starting next year.

HM: Lowry, Westbrook. Lowry is better than Westbrook after 2016-2017 season.

bizil
07-09-2020, 11:35 AM
1. Bron (he's ACTUALLY playing PG as his primary position. He's playing with a true SG (Bradley) and swingman (Green) on the perimeter in the starting lineup).

2. Steph
3. Russ
4. Luka (wanna see what he does in playoffs. This is his first year being a superstar caliber player. In general, could be higher up)
5. Dame

Honorable Mention: CP3, Kyrie, Simmons,

ralph_i_el
07-09-2020, 01:09 PM
We're not in the 90s anymore, big men need to learn how to shoot and space the floor

Mother****ing POINT GUARDS NEED TO LEARN TO SHOOT AND SPACE THE FLOOR.

I just looked it up. 56.5% of Embiid's shots this year came outside from 10 feet and out. 37% of those were long 2's or 3's. That is directly the result of playing with a guard who can't shoot. A good point guard gets his team easier buckets, not tougher ones. Simmons is a gimmick, and unless they figure out a different role for him, he's going to be one of the worst max contracts.

I would rather have Lamar Odom in his prime by a MILE.

Whoah10115
07-09-2020, 03:06 PM
Dame > Westbrook and it's definitive. Last season was the confirmation.

Nashty
07-10-2020, 12:33 PM
1. Luka Doncic
2. Stephen Curry
3. Damian Lillard
4. Chris Paul
5. Russell Westbrook

HM: Kyrie Irving, Trae Young, Ben Simmons, Ja Morant