PDA

View Full Version : if you could sign 1 player to a 10 year contract who would it be?

Bronbron23
07-07-2020, 06:32 PM
Id take greek. I might not get my value in the last 2 or 3 years but i think he'll win multiple chips during his prime so id be willing to make that sacrifice.

After greek id probably go with luka or tatum. Right now luka is better but i feel like tatum has the higher ceiling.

So who you got?

NBAGOAT
07-07-2020, 07:32 PM
after giannis luka for sure. I disagree than tatum's ceiling is higher, dont think he can become a dpoy type.

Bronbron23
07-07-2020, 08:03 PM
after giannis luka for sure. I disagree than tatum's ceiling is higher, dont think he can become a dpoy type.

But luka can? Im assuming you thought i was saying tatums ceiling is higher than greek but i was saying its higher than Lukas

Axe
07-07-2020, 08:11 PM
I'd like to nominate curry but i doubt if he'll have any iconic playoff moment for even just once in that whole span

light
07-07-2020, 08:12 PM
Zion Williamson

No brainer

oldtimer28
07-07-2020, 08:17 PM
Giannis and Luka.

Plus Lebron. He could retire during.

Roundball_Rock
07-07-2020, 08:32 PM
Giannis.

Bronbron23
07-07-2020, 09:26 PM
Zion Williamson

No brainer

yeah i like zion but the injuries would scare me off.

HBK_Kliq_2
07-07-2020, 10:28 PM
2016-2026 Kawhi or 2020-2030 Luka are my two choices.

The best winner ever in Kawhi. He has eliminated a total of 9 MVPS as the leader of GmSc.

The best offensive rating ever mavs under Luka this season. Goat level to do that stuff at 20 but a playoff run we need to see first.

Manny98
07-08-2020, 07:56 AM
Ja

warriorfan
07-08-2020, 08:48 AM
Zion Williamson

No brainer

Yes. You do have no brain.

Phoenix
07-08-2020, 11:13 AM
The easiest answer is Giannis, because at 25/26 he's already showing you what he is or a sign of what he will be at this apex. A 30/13/6 floor raiser that you can surround with decent guys and you'll have a 50+ win team. Give him a middle of the road all-star like Middleton and you're a 60+ team looking like you may get to 70 like this year. He's also never played less than 70 games in a full season so he's proven pretty durable and healthy. My concerns with him are evolving his offensive game to be less resistant to walling off the lane like Toronto did last year. In the modern game he's the easiest guy of the 3 to build around because you can surround him with shooters on either wing and it's a pick your poison situation. It's kind of like 2009 Lebron where you can build a drive and kick offense around him and get you 60 wins in the regular season. You do have to consider that years from now he will 35-36. Zion and Luka in 10 years will still be in their primes age-wise.

Zion's appeal is obvious. An immediate impact guy who can give you 23-25ppg without a ton of offensive plays run for him, which makes him easy to surround with other scoring threats. His style is going to make him a big ticket draw so in terms of ROI, even if you don't win a title with him locking him up for 10 years is going to result in packed arenas and big jersey sales. His obvious con is how healthy can he stay playing that high impact, explosive style in a 280ish frame. Is he going to end up playing 50-60 games a year and chronic foot/knee issues. What is he going to be when he can longer outjump you? Too soon to say.

I'm actually more inclined to give Luka that 10 year deal over Zion, and I'm doing a double think about him and Giannis. I don't know if he peaks higher in terms of team impact, but what is very obvious is he's like a Paul Pierce type. Not in playstyle, but in terms of a guy who isn't reliant on overwhelming athleticism and speed, but plays at his own pace, knows the angles, has the footwork, high offensive IQ. He may not be as durable as Giannis, but I'm betting not as injury prone as Zion may be. And I project based off this year alone, that he can do this well into his 30's like Pierce did. His game should age very well, and he's already leading a top ranked offense and it's not as if the Mavs are stacked with offensive talent relative to their ORtg and the teams immediately under them in that category.