PDA

View Full Version : Weekly COVID death totals at an all time low, since 3-14. Can we chill out a little?

Shooter
07-09-2020, 10:57 PM
Weekly COVID-19 deaths peaked in mid April and have literally decreased every single week. They are now lower than they were even in March.

https://i.postimg.cc/pLtYZsnQ/COVID-by-week.png

It would be one thing if we were still hitting mid April numbers, or even if death rates were only slowly decreasing. But they have severely decreased over the weeks, as shown above. For those that understand this, thank you. For those that do not, please understand this and stop freaking out. We are nearly at our lowest totals since the very beginning of this.

diamenz
07-09-2020, 11:12 PM
who's freaking out?

pew
07-09-2020, 11:16 PM
Where are you getting this data? Im seeing ~900 deaths A DAY for all of America. Extrapolated to ~6000 deaths a week.
https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

Shooter
07-09-2020, 11:21 PM
Where are you getting this data? Im seeing ~900 deaths A DAY for all of America. Extrapolated to ~6000 deaths a week.
https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

CDC

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nvss/vsrr/covid19/index.htm

But even if it were 6,000 per week that is far lower than the 16k per week in mid April, and this is INCLUDING all of the crazy rioting and mass group gatherings.

Patrick Chewing
07-10-2020, 12:19 AM
More lockdowns! Arrest those who do not wear a mask! Shame them and shun them!

What's that? There's going to be a BLM protest in front of the White House? I'm there man!!

SATAN
07-10-2020, 01:03 AM
I wonder what the real death toll is in Florida right now, let alone what it will be in the coming weeks

Axe
07-10-2020, 01:04 AM
That's a pretty interesting data you got there, slick.

Axe
07-10-2020, 01:20 AM
Imagine what more can happen to those numbers once the world has its own vaccines for the virus already

imdaman99
07-10-2020, 07:21 AM
They just put the rims back up at my park :banana:

My friend literally checked everyone's temperature before we started playing :roll: and I still wore a mask or a scarf over my face. My teammate got tight, said it was affecting my shot. I told him it's not for me, it's for them. Better safe than sorry.

rawimpact
07-10-2020, 08:19 AM
who's freaking out?

the democratic states who are still keeping businesses closed

Shooter
07-10-2020, 10:34 AM
who's freaking out?

Do you live in America?

coin24
07-10-2020, 10:47 AM

Need to keep the unemployment figures high until November, can probably squeeze in a third wave, just need a few more catchy phrases for the sheep to gobble up

n00bie
07-10-2020, 10:58 AM
Need to keep the unemployment figures high until November, can probably squeeze in a third wave, just need a few more catchy phrases for the sheep to gobble up

Looks like the lockdown worked. Deaths are at an all time low because it takes a couple months from people to die from this. When the States started opening up last month cases skyrocketed.

In theory, deaths should start to climb soon.. which maybe the case since the last couple of days the deaths are starting to spike.

~primetime~
07-10-2020, 11:01 AM
do you the source for this graph?...we had 960 deaths just yesterday alone

diamenz
07-10-2020, 11:27 AM
Do you live in America?

were you not addressing this forum directly when you said "For those that understand this, thank you. For those that do not, please understand this and stop freaking out." ?

falc39
07-10-2020, 12:20 PM
Looks like the lockdown worked. Deaths are at an all time low because it takes a couple months from people to die from this. When the States started opening up last month cases skyrocketed.

In theory, deaths should start to climb soon.. which maybe the case since the last couple of days the deaths are starting to spike.

Deaths are definitely a lagging indicator.

KD7
07-10-2020, 12:22 PM
If we chill we might get hit with a second wave. :lol

We must continue to social distance and wear masks until the Bill Gates vaccine arrives to save us :banana:

n00bie
07-10-2020, 01:30 PM
If we chill we might get hit with a second wave. :lol

We must continue to social distance and wear masks until the Bill Gates vaccine arrives to save us :banana:

Vaccines don't work in the U.S.

A large percentage of people in the U.S. think vaccines are a conspiracy as well.

Shooter
07-10-2020, 02:07 PM
were you not addressing this forum directly when you said "For those that understand this, thank you. For those that do not, please understand this and stop freaking out." ?

So that's a no?

Axe
07-10-2020, 09:00 PM
Vaccines don't work in the U.S.

A large percentage of people in the U.S. think vaccines are a conspiracy as well.
Because it will come from china? Lels :lol

Shooter
07-10-2020, 11:17 PM
Anyway...U.S. weekly death rates have decreasesd at a SIGNIFICANT rate since 4/18

4/18: 16,373
7/4: 230

A 98.6% decrease...

diamenz
07-10-2020, 11:20 PM
So that's a no?

i've been a chicagoan for 36 years.

diamenz
07-10-2020, 11:27 PM

every state is reopened or reopening, even the blue ones. big city states are taking a more gradual approach. let's not act like red states are peechy keen in their reopening operations, huh? that's pretty evident with what's going on right now in texas & florida. let's be real here - no one really knows wtf they're doing because this is an unprecedented situation.

but if you wanna politicize it, whatever. blue govs are scary bitches and red govs are reckless idiots. hur dur.

Shooter
07-10-2020, 11:37 PM
i've been a chicagoan for 36 years.

Oh :lol

So then don't you see all the morons freaking out and shutting things down all over still?

diamenz
07-10-2020, 11:45 PM
Oh :lol

So then don't you see all the morons freaking out and shutting things down all over still?

see the post above... that's the way see it. no one (governors & mayors, trump nor congress) know wtf they're doing... there's no blueprint for this. blue states are being more cautious in their reopenings, red states are opening up quicker. what it reallyshould be is a county by county reopening.

the real failure in all of this is the federal government dropping the ball on relief checks for individuals and small businesses. that means trump, that means pelosi, schumer, the entire us congress. our overall response as a nation is pretty fu**ing underwhelming. i walk through a commercial district here in the city and can't help but feel terrible for these small businesses that didn't make it and the struggles they must be going through.

Shooter
07-10-2020, 11:53 PM
see the post above... that's the way see it. no one (governors & mayors, trump nor congress) know wtf they're doing... there's no blueprint for this. blue states are being more cautious in their reopenings, red states are opening up quicker. what it reallyshould be is a county by county reopening.

the real failure in all of this is the federal government dropping the ball on relief checks for individuals and small businesses. that means trump, that means pelosi, schumer, the entire us congress. our overall response as a nation is pretty fu**ing underwhelming. i walk through a commercial district here in the city and can't help but feel terrible for these small businesses that didn't make it and the struggles they must be going through.

Yeah it's been pretty wild man, my brief understanding is that they basically just gave a 6-month loan relief to businesses that had a loan. Meaning if you didn't currently have a business loan you didn't get any type of relief.

Vino24
07-10-2020, 11:54 PM
Before covid-19 55k people A WEEK in the U.S. alone were dying. Why didn’t people care then?

Cleverness
07-11-2020, 01:15 AM
Before covid-19 55k people A WEEK in the U.S. alone were dying. Why didn’t people care then?

The media hysteria was telling us the "national nightmare was upon us" - impeachment. And before that our panic was Russia Collusion for 3 years.

2 million children under 5 years old died of pneumonia in 2018, nobody bats an eye
1.5 million die of TB every year, nobody bats an eye
9 million die of hunger every year, nobody bats an eye

500k people ~80 years old die of various causes with suspected cold symptoms and everyone loses their shit

n00bie
07-11-2020, 10:29 AM
The media hysteria was telling us the "national nightmare was upon us" - impeachment. And before that our panic was Russia Collusion for 3 years.

2 million children under 5 years old died of pneumonia in 2018, nobody bats an eye

500k people ~80 years old die of various causes with suspected cold symptoms and everyone loses their shit

Probably because covid19 could have been controlled if the population social distanced and wore a mask for 1 - 2 months. (Like every single country in the world did except for the U.S. and Brazil)

Shooter
07-11-2020, 11:30 AM
Probably because covid19 could have been controlled if the population social distanced and wore a mask for 1 - 2 months. (Like every single country in the world did except for the U.S. and Brazil)

What?

Isn't age of death for Corona at 0% for ages 0-9?

kabar
07-11-2020, 11:34 AM
Deaths are definitely a lagging indicator.

There will also be a bigger lag since the group of people getting infected are trending younger.

n00bie
07-11-2020, 11:59 AM
Daily deaths are on it's way up for the last couple of days.

Went from hovering around 300 to 800-900 daily deaths.

Still far from the peak but doesn't change the fact that the trend is going the wrong direction.

Shooter
07-11-2020, 12:04 PM
Daily deaths are on it's way up for the last couple of days.

Went from hovering around 300 to 800-900 daily deaths.

Still far from the peak but doesn't change the fact that the trend is going the wrong direction.

If that is the case then that sucks. I will wait for CDC totals in the coming weeks, not Chinese run "World O Meter" numbers :lol

As a side question: How much of these death totals were due to the mass gatherings revolved around saving black lives #ForGeorge ?

imdaman99
07-11-2020, 03:20 PM
Well it's not the same in all states. Believe the red states it's increasing, who's surprised? I got a feeling NY will start increasing as well since they opened the parks back up. I am happy to have my courts back but I got ridiculed for wearing a mask while I played ball.

Axe
07-11-2020, 09:12 PM
Because it didn't affect the whole world. Just them, you simp.

Axe
07-11-2020, 09:14 PM

Pretty interesting data.

The whole covid thing blew up because a lot point out that it came from ching. And it has spread out through many parts of this planet.

Gabe Ball
07-11-2020, 09:59 PM
There will also be a bigger lag since the group of people getting infected are trending younger.

Yea, I agree with that big time. Also, it's kind of been a shift where the elder is protecting themselves more, so their numbers are going down, whereas young people are protecting themselves less, and so their numbers are going up.

Cleverness
07-12-2020, 08:45 PM

I think you're overrating masks. Not that they don't help slow the spread, but asking everyone to social distance and wear masks wouldn't have eradicated the virus in the US, and certainly not after March. Look at Peru, they got masks and gov't on the streets forcing people to stay inside their homes

Same results as their neighbor Brazil who's leader wants to pretend the virus doesn't exist

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EbSjWbPXgAAoHex?format=jpg&name=small

imdaman99
07-12-2020, 11:53 PM
15+K new cases in Florida in 1 day :eek: I guess the show and parties must go on.

Axe
07-12-2020, 11:54 PM
15+K new cases in Florida in 1 day :eek: I guess the show and parties must go on.
Meh it's just a flu

Cleverness
07-13-2020, 12:35 AM

The detected cases are meaningless without context. Testing has ramped up and the median age is in their 30s and no symptoms.

US Average number of influenza tests per YEAR: 77,000
US number of COVID-19 tests done in one DAY (July 10): 823,735

Find Florida.

btw what's your suggestion?

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Ecx51DMUwAELKRS?format=jpg&name=medium

Rooster
07-13-2020, 12:50 AM

At some point, they gonna hit their first wave too. They have over 1 k deaths before reopening. Now it’s 4k and counting. The cases is given . Even flu does not happen in Summer much more a tropical Florida so we shall see if they can flatline the death rate. Hmmmm

Cleverness
07-13-2020, 12:56 AM
At some point, they gonna hit their first wave too. They have over 1 k deaths before reopening. Now it’s 4k and counting. The cases is given . Even flu does not happen in Summer much more a tropical Florida so we shall see if they can flatline the death rate. Hmmmm

Hospitalizations ~1% of predicted, 26% of hospital beds still OPEN, DeSantis grilled by media, graph above summarizes it all

April: JUST WAIT TWO WEEKS
May: JUST WAIT TWO WEEKS
June: JUST WAIT TWO WEEKS
July: JUST WAIT TWO WEEKS

LAmbruh
07-13-2020, 01:26 AM

Wow crazy contagious virus. And it’s killing old folks faster than HIV

n00bie
07-13-2020, 09:05 AM
I think you're overrating masks. Not that they don't help slow the spread, but asking everyone to social distance and wear masks wouldn't have eradicated the virus in the US, and certainly not after March. Look at Peru, they got masks and gov't on the streets forcing people to stay inside their homes

Same results as their neighbor Brazil who's leader wants to pretend the virus doesn't exist

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EbSjWbPXgAAoHex?format=jpg&name=small

If you think masks and social distances doesn't stop the virus, how do you think the virus spreads?