PDA

View Full Version : Russell Westbrook has tested positive for coronavirus, will be quarantined.

Clippersfan86
07-13-2020, 01:00 PM
Shams Charania
@ShamsCharania

Rockets guard Russell Westbrook says he has tested positive for coronavirus and is in quarantine.

Thank God he's not in Orlando yet!

RRR3
07-13-2020, 01:02 PM
Why does it seem like such a high percentage of NBA players are getting it?

HBK_Kliq_2
07-13-2020, 01:08 PM
He never actually came to Orlando? They say zero positive tests since the bubble has started. If Westbrook never went to the bubble, then the bubble so far is working perfectly.

Clippersfan86
07-13-2020, 01:10 PM

NBA players are tested daily. Most Americans have not been tested. That's the reason you might have 8% infection rate and say 1% infection rate in general population. MILLIONS AND MILLIONS of positive people are walking around right now unknowingly having it.

Kblaze8855
07-13-2020, 01:10 PM

Is it?

There are hundreds of people and how many positives?

My job has several and nowhere near that many and few have been tested.

Clippersfan86
07-13-2020, 01:11 PM
He never actually came to Orlando? They say zero positive tests since the bubble has started. If Westbrook never went to the bubble, then the bubble so far is working perfectly.

Correct. IMO the delay from him is likely due to this? He's gonna get STUPID amount of heat if we find out that he actually caught it by delaying travel to bubble and ****ing around in his personal life (such as going to clubs etc). If that happens, they should honestly suspend him for the rest of the NBA season.

Levity
07-13-2020, 01:15 PM
Is it?

lol no.

Mask the Embiid
07-13-2020, 01:42 PM
and yall were calling kawhi a diva...he was probably just sick like Rus.He just doesnt want any extra attention, so he chose not to release it

L8krH8tr
07-13-2020, 02:02 PM
Houston has some of the most unhealthy bbq eating slobs I’ve ever seen. He probably got sick from some fat type 2 diabetes security guard up in the club.

Shogon
07-13-2020, 03:13 PM
It wouldn't surprise me if Westbrook showed no symptoms and only knows he had it because of the testing. This would lend some credence to the idea that we have the most cases because we do the most testing. And by most cases I mean... most documented cases.

The actual number of cases in the United States, and everywhere else in the world, is likely far higher than reported because of the fact that many, many people are asymptomatic.

This thing is far more infectious than the flu ever thought about. Chances are if you're reading this, you've already had it.

LukeWalton
07-13-2020, 07:11 PM
https://www.nba.com/article/2020/07/13/russell-westbrook-says-he-tested-positive-coronavirus

other sauces say him and 2 other Rockeets player

Spurs m8
07-13-2020, 07:14 PM
https://www.nba.com/article/2020/07/13/russell-westbrook-says-he-tested-positive-coronavirus

other sauces say him and 2 other Rockeets player

Hopefully Harden

Axe
07-13-2020, 08:43 PM
Hopefully Harden
Harden wouldn't be enough for the rockets but they'll be lucky probably as they wouldn't face the warriors this year due to obvious reasons.

SATAN
07-13-2020, 08:54 PM
I'm dying to know how the third is. The Rocket games might be actual comedy if it's Gordon or Covington.

KOBEtherealKing
07-13-2020, 09:03 PM
Are these players partying or something? How are they getting it, If they’re not around a lot of ppl . must be from other family members.

Axe
07-13-2020, 09:13 PM
NBA players are tested daily. Most Americans have not been tested. That's the reason you might have 8% infection rate and say 1% infection rate in general population. MILLIONS AND MILLIONS of positive people are walking around right now unknowingly having it.
Damn mass testing them ain't so cheap after all, moreso if it's daily.

SATAN
07-13-2020, 09:24 PM
This would lend some credence to the idea that we have the most cases because we do the most testing. And by most cases I mean... most documented cases.

Lul

3ball
07-13-2020, 09:31 PM
Houston has some of the most unhealthy bbq eating slobs I’ve ever seen. He probably got sick from some fat type 2 diabetes security guard up in the club.

lol I heard their fajitas are the the best

btw, now it's called SARS?.. do we really know what this thing is and how it's actually transmitted?... one minute it's transmitted by sneezing/coughing... the next minute it's airborne... the next minute it's killed by sunlight...

we don't really know.... :confusedshrug:... so we see knee-jerk governing, aka cali shut down AGAIN

everyone has been wearing masks for weeks and we see new highs each day.. I don't think we know anything about this virus.

SATAN
07-13-2020, 09:38 PM
You certainly don't seem to.

3ball
07-13-2020, 09:41 PM
You certainly don't seem to.

I could do what our leaders are doing - "oh, the numbers are going back up again?... okay, then shut everything BACK down... take the rims BACK down"

anyone can knee-jerk govern.

the correct approach is the 2 extremes - immediate and maximum investment in testing, quarantining and tracking (South Korea), or herd immunity (Sweden)

the worst situation is being caught halfway in between.. which is where we are... it's just another example where we trail the world, just like our education system, healthcare system, criminal justice system, economy, etc, etc, etc... yet we think we're the best rofl...

we just happened to discover guns first and a land with the most natural resources... we aren't actually GOOD at anything.. most of our local and national leaders are trash - they're the ones executing and perpetuating our inferior systems... we've gotten complacent and weak.. living of the fat of the land.. the land of milk and honey.. but hey, all great things come to an end.

tpols
07-13-2020, 09:47 PM
I could do what our leaders are doing - "oh, the numbers are going back up again?... okay, then shut everything BACK down... take the rims BACK down"

the correct approach is the 2 extremes - immediate and maximum investment in testing, quarantining and tracking (South Korea), or herd immunity (Sweden)

the worst situation is being caught halfway in between.. which is where we are... it's just another example where we trail the world, just like our education system, healthcare system, criminal justice system, economy, etc, etc, etc... yet we think we're the best rofl

they'll stop all that once biden wins.

3ball
07-13-2020, 09:51 PM
they'll stop all that once biden wins.

stop the knee-jerk governing?

Clippersfan86
07-13-2020, 09:53 PM

the worst situation is being caught halfway in between.. which is where we are... it's just another example where we trail the world, just like our education system, healthcare system, criminal justice system, economy, etc, etc, etc... yet we think we're the best rofl...

we just happened to discover guns first and a land with the most natural resources... we aren't actually GOOD at anything.. most of our local and national leaders are trash - they're the ones executing and perpetuating our inferior systems... we've gotten complacent and weak.. living of the fat of the land.. the land of milk and honey.. but hey, all great things come to an end.

Herd immunity hasn't been proven to exist for SARS/Coronaviruses really. It will likely be seasonal. What's worse is antibodies seem to be VERY short lived, as in 3-5 months. It sucks, but it's not reality.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/13/opinions/herd-immunity-covid-19-uncomfortable-reality-haseltine/index.html

tpols
07-13-2020, 09:53 PM
stop the knee-jerk governing?

if you notice, all the biggest "knee-jerk" states are heavy democratic.. not republican. and basically exactly the area trump comes from.

3ball
07-13-2020, 10:03 PM
if you notice, all the biggest "knee-jerk" states are heavy democratic.. not republican. and basically exactly the area trump comes from.

I agree with this... Sisolak is a joke... Newsome is no better.

And I don't think Biden is up for it..... and he's racist just like any other white candidate - I'm not fooled - he's said the most racist crap ever, and his 94' crime bill killed George Floyd by overbloating police budgets and making police more aggressive than they already were .... and Hillary was part of that bill - she's since admitted the bill was a mistake - when the Clintons admit they were wrong, you KNOW it was a f*cked up bill

but I'd vote for Biden if he picks a VP and team that claims to be far left on race and want real change in police departments.... otherwise, he's worse than Trump because he doesn't understand the economy.. If Biden is going to fake it to make it, I'd prefer Trump... someone with a spine that understands the economy and things like corporate taxes... (they've need to go down for decades now - Trump did it and the economy took off... every economic theory is optimal in certain situations, and the economy had been screaming for that particular aspect of supply-side for a while now)

So far, Biden's statements are a do-nothing policy on police reform... Personally, I don't think people understand that bloated police departments are a thorn in our economic side - jails are a profit center for police departments, and most police functions can be privatized - so they actually take jobs away from private citizens, while creating an entire underclass of negative producers that pay their discretionary income into the system (paying fines) instead of the economy (restaurants, movies, etc).. discretionary income is one of the key inputs to GDP

SATAN
07-13-2020, 10:18 PM
Trust tpols to turn this thread into another political turd. Obsessed.

3ball
07-14-2020, 01:19 AM
Trust tpols to turn this thread into another political turd. Obsessed.

Biden loves the cops just as much as Trump.. But the south side of Chicago is teeming with cops and they didn't catch a single murder in the act last weekend (31 murders... 0-31).... :facepalm:.. Infact, for 99% of crimes, the cops get there after the fact... Our system of having cops ride around in expensive SUV's when everyone knows they don't catch criminals in the act is at the root of the the waste..

And this core inefficiency of the police department explains why the "defund police" story is being misreported

That movement doesn't want zero police - every city needs the capability to respond to emergencies and send out units for domestic situations or other crimes.. But that's ALL we should be paying for - we don't need half the city's budget for that. We have too many fancy SUV cop cars riding around this city doing nothing. Consequently, they're almost forced to harass people and police for profit because they're overstaffed. Defunding the police is absolutely the answer, and diverting 30-50% of their budget to mental health treatment and education reform.. that would solve the homeless problem and help our inner cities, thus reducing the need for so many police

The police and the tendency to never question them has allowed them to glad-hand their way to half the city's budget and a culture that uses minorities as their atm (aka ticketing people for something meaningless, and then keeping them in the system forever with repeat fines and arrests for non-payment... Rogan talks about it well here (https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Vhu5GsaSGYs&t=02m26s)).. time to end it - all rackets come to an end

bluechox2
07-14-2020, 02:58 AM
LeCovid has unleashed his plan for easy ring

Axe
07-14-2020, 03:01 AM
LeCovid has unleashed his plan for easy ring
Specifically one that's marked with an asterisk?

imdaman99
07-14-2020, 04:30 AM
Westbrook is always in great shape but we don't know what this will do to your lungs long term. Hope he's back, he's the only reason I'm excited about the bubble and then playoffs.

Axe
07-14-2020, 06:07 AM
Biden loves the cops just as much as Trump.. But the south side of Chicago is teeming with cops and they didn't catch a single murder in the act last weekend (31 murders... 0-31).... :facepalm:.. Infact, for 99% of crimes, the cops get there after the fact... Our system of having cops ride around in expensive SUV's when everyone knows they don't catch criminals in the act is at the root of the the waste..

And this core inefficiency of the police department explains why the "defund police" story is being misreported

That movement doesn't want zero police - every city needs the capability to respond to emergencies and send out units for domestic situations or other crimes.. But that's ALL we should be paying for - we don't need half the city's budget for that. We have too many fancy SUV cop cars riding around this city doing nothing. Consequently, they're almost forced to harass people and police for profit because they're overstaffed. Defunding the police is absolutely the answer, and diverting 30-50% of their budget to mental health treatment and education reform.. that would solve the homeless problem and help our inner cities, thus reducing the need for so many police

The police and the tendency to never question them has allowed them to glad-hand their way to half the city's budget and a culture that uses minorities as their atm (aka ticketing people for something meaningless, and then keeping them in the system forever with repeat fines and arrests for non-payment... Rogan talks about it well here (https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Vhu5GsaSGYs&t=02m26s)).. time to end it - all rackets come to an end
You might want to visit the otc subforum to continue discussing that stuff