07-14-2020, 06:51 AM
Young Iverson vs Vince Carter.

Great game.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=u-N04kiPkSg

Hope to promote discussion.

Love the crowd.

Kblaze8855
07-14-2020, 06:53 AM
Im gonna include a shorter version for you since most of us wont watch a full game

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0gohzNOjIs

Crazy crowd no doubt. The VC era raptors crowd could compete with the Warriors. They got back there recently. Good fanbase.

Kblaze8855
07-14-2020, 06:54 AM
My bad you posted game 2 when AI had 54 and I posted game 3 when VC had 51. This is the game 2 recap:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ff72vnGAJq4

oldtimer28
07-14-2020, 07:37 AM
My bad you posted game 2 when AI had 54 and I posted game 3 when VC had 51. This is the game 2 recap:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ff72vnGAJq4

Both great. I can listen to this commentating, but not modern commentary.

ralph_i_el
07-14-2020, 11:04 AM
I just watched the game where Vince scored 50 in that series. 8/8 on threes for Vince to start the game. He was really feeling himself. The next possession after the 8th, he walks right up the court and chucks a 9th that missed badly.

Axe
07-15-2020, 01:52 AM
Iverson during his only ever mvp year. He and the sixers had to undergo a full seven game series against the raptors in this one then in the following series, they faced the bucks in the ecf led by the likes of ray allen, glenn robinson and sam cassell. Another full seven game duel took place. Unfortunately for ai and his team, their fatigue soon took its toll in the finals where they were defeated by the lakers 4-1, a team that had more than week of rest after sweeping the spurs in may while the sixers only had two.

GimmeThat
07-15-2020, 02:50 AM
Vince Carter, the 3rd leading rebounder for the Raptors was out-rebounded by 4 of his opponents on the defensive end

and Dell Curry showcasing a stat line that can't hold up to pace while having the deeper rotation

oldtimer28
07-15-2020, 02:57 AM
Iverson during his only ever mvp year. He and the sixers had to undergo a full seven game series against the raptors in this one then in the following series, they faced the bucks in the ecf led by the likes of ray allen, glenn robinson and sam cassell. Another full seven game duel took place. Unfortunately for ai and his team, their fatigue soon took its toll in the finals where they were defeated by the lakers 4-1, a team that had more than week of rest after sweeping the spurs in may while the sixers only had two.

Yes, they battled to the finals. I remember using them on NBA Live and basically Iverson was the only real scorer. Yes, McKie had a great year but...

Horatio33
07-15-2020, 05:13 AM

They wouldn't have beaten the Lakers if they'd had a weeks rest. The 2001 Lakers were dominant. The Lakers should have gone 15-0. It took a superhuman Iverson performance to win.

Axe
07-15-2020, 07:04 AM
They wouldn't have beaten the Lakers if they'd had a weeks rest. The 2001 Lakers were dominant. The Lakers should have gone 15-0. It took a superhuman Iverson performance to win.
Lmao don't you think they were a bit worn out in the finals already after having back-to-back full game seven series? And ofc the lakers were dominant but i'd like to believe that the sixers would have a shot of taking them to at least six games if only they had the same period of rest as them, which were nine full days.

Phoenix
07-15-2020, 07:15 AM
Iverson needed the game of his playoff life to get that upset off the Lakers where everyone else failed that year. That Sixers team outside of Mutombo were a pretty young core( younger that the Lakers anyway) so I doubt they were that fatigued or a weeks rest would have mattered. If anything I would argue playing to the wire gave them a sharper edge heading into the finals than the well rested Lakers. If both of them had a week off? I don't know if Philly steals the first game on the road like that.