PDA

View Full Version : Which current player(s), if any, do you think can be top 10 all-time?

Smook A.
07-15-2020, 03:25 PM
Not including LeBron because he's obviously already there

HylianNightmare
07-15-2020, 03:30 PM
Luka

HoopsNY
07-15-2020, 03:42 PM
If Kawhi puts together a few more titles and manages to win a couple MVP awards, then I think he enters into the top 10 discussion. But a lot of that is dependent on this whole load management crap that has really soured his chances.

KD7
07-15-2020, 03:51 PM
I currently have Kobe 10th

Curry could definitely surpass him if he wins one more
Same with KD

Gianni's needs to go to a bigger market if he wants to have a chance of entering the top 10 as I don't think Milwaukee will be able to surround him with a quality supporting cast for the rest of his career

Kawhi no, too many injuries he will fall short in the longevity department

Harden I can definitely see entering in the top 20

And Luka,Zion and Ja it's WAY to early to predict how their careers are going to play out

Axe
07-15-2020, 08:35 PM
I doubt ja will be top 10 all-time. And curry with 0 fmvps and no iconic playoff moments? Thanks but nvm.

Giannis needs to prove he's worthy in this decade. Otherwise, he'll be dismissed.

Kd would have been there only if he didn't join the dub dynasty which pretty much tainted people's views on his career.

Hm: patrick mccaw - three rings for the first three years of his career. Not many players in the league have that kind of luxury. :oldlol:

Roundball_Rock
07-15-2020, 08:40 PM
Giannis.

StrongLurk
Giannis and Luka. Maybe KD depending on how he has recovered from his injury.

tpols
Kawhi and Curry are the only ones with a chance.

unless luka turns out to be larry bird... but he's already surprised.

Axe
07-15-2020, 08:43 PM
I think jayson tatum would also have a big opportunity to prove his worth in the next coming years.

RRR3
07-15-2020, 08:49 PM
Kawhi and Curry are the only ones with a chance.

unless luka turns out to be larry bird... but he's already surprised.
Lol Giannis triggers you so much.

Roundball_Rock
07-15-2020, 09:20 PM
Lol Giannis triggers you so much.

I always wonder with him: is it trolling or just being crazy? If you need a laugh, he is saying Terry Porter was a better offensive player than Pippen and that Pippen would score 12 PPG on a team that Byron Scott scored 22 PPG on, etc. :lol in this thread: http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?481884-Pippen-didn-t-have-to-share-scoring-with-a-third-option-like-say-Terry-Porter-or-KJ/page17

The best gem:

The Knicks and Pacer's he'd be a clear cut great second option next to Ewing and Miller. They would easily ring at some point. Jazz, Suns, Sonics, and Blazers he'd be more of a glue guy with all the top heavy offensive talent they had and likely be a great 3rd option.

Proctor
07-15-2020, 09:26 PM
People need to stop with the Giannis nonsense.

He can be an ATG but zero shot of top 10. The only two active players who had (past tense) a shot were Kawhi and Curry but Kawhi has a degenerative condition and it's teetering on too late for Curry now.

TheCorporation
07-15-2020, 09:29 PM
Curry has a chance
Harden has a chance
Giannis has a chance

Kawhi does not have a chance with zero MVPs. You need at least one, but really most likely two MVPs for consideration. Shaq or Hakeem is the only exception for obvious reasons.

Top 10 (and MVP totals)

1. LeBron (4)
2. Russell (4)
3. Kareem (6)
4. Magic (3)
5. Shaq (1)
6. Jordan (5)
7. Duncan (2)
8. Bird (3)
9. Wilt (2)
10. Hakeem (1)

Kawhi is no Shaq or Hakeem, which are the only two with less than two MVPs in the top 10. Curry has the 2 MVPs so he has a chance, Giannis will probably get his second this year, and Harden has a chance to get one more as well. They would have to push out Wilt or Hakeem though, which is not easy.

Axe
07-15-2020, 09:31 PM

He can be an ATG but zero shot of top 10. The only two active players who had (past tense) a shot were Kawhi and Curry but Kawhi has a degenerative condition and it's teetering on too late for Curry now.
That's sad.

TheCorporation
07-15-2020, 09:31 PM

What if Harden gets another couple of MVPs and a couple FMVPs? Or are you not counting him since he doesn't have a chance to win those :lol

He already shows elite playing, great stats, has the MVP and scoring title.

HBK_Kliq_2
07-15-2020, 09:32 PM
Kawhi Luka Giannis

Kawhi - has already passed up guys like Wade/Mcgrady on all time lists. Now he just needs to keep playing at this level 4 or 5 more years and he's clear top 10 goat

Luka - Already anchoring the highest offensive rating in NBA history despite having no superstars on his team.

Giannis - 2 MVPS and the centerpiece of a historic bucs team 2020.

NBAGOAT
07-15-2020, 09:32 PM
curry. i think giannis has a chance but obviously too early to predict that

Proctor
07-15-2020, 09:33 PM
What if Harden gets another couple of MVPs and a couple FMVPs? Or are you not counting him since he doesn't have a chance to win those :lol

He already shows elite playing, great stats, has the MVP and scoring title.
This. :oldlol:

I just don't see Giannis or Harden doing the winning that is necessary to be in that conversation

Axe
07-15-2020, 09:34 PM
Curry has a chance
Harden has a chance
Giannis has a chance

Kawhi does not have a chance with zero MVPs. You need at least one, but really most likely two MVPs for consideration. Shaq or Hakeem is the only exception for obvious reasons.

Top 10 (and MVP totals)

1. LeBron (4)
2. Russell (4)
3. Kareem (6)
4. Magic (3)
5. Shaq (1)
6. Jordan (5)
7. Duncan (2)
8. Bird (3)
9. Wilt (2)
10. Hakeem (1)

Kawhi is no Shaq or Hakeem, which are the only two with less than two MVPs in the top 10. Curry has the 2 MVPs so he has a chance, Giannis will probably get his second this year, and Harden has a chance to get one more as well. They would have to push out Wilt or Hakeem though, which is not easy.
Curry will never be in the top 10 easily, you idiot. He can be top 15 at best.

TheCorporation
07-15-2020, 10:04 PM
Curry will never be in the top 10 easily, you idiot. He can be top 15 at best.

?.?

Is Kobe in your top ten? If so, Curry can pass him easily.

HoopsNY
07-15-2020, 10:18 PM
I currently have Kobe 10th

Curry could definitely surpass him if he wins one more
Same with KD

Gianni's needs to go to a bigger market if he wants to have a chance of entering the top 10 as I don't think Milwaukee will be able to surround him with a quality supporting cast for the rest of his career

Kawhi no, too many injuries he will fall short in the longevity department

Harden I can definitely see entering in the top 20

And Luka,Zion and Ja it's WAY to early to predict how their careers are going to play out

Highly doubt Steph would ever pass Kobe because of another title. He has 3 titles as is with 0 FMVPs. Not to mention, he isn't in the same universe as Kobe defensively.

Axe
07-15-2020, 10:30 PM
?.?

Is Kobe in your top ten? If so, Curry can pass him easily.
Never knew you're such a bad guesser. :facepalm

Sulico
07-16-2020, 02:33 AM
Curry has a chance
Harden has a chance
Giannis has a chance

Top 10 (and MVP totals)

1. LeBron (4)
2. Russell (4)
3. Kareem (6)
4. Magic (3)
5. Shaq (1)
6. Jordan (5)
7. Duncan (2)
8. Bird (3)
9. Wilt (2)
10. Hakeem (1)

That's a good post. I obviously don't agree with your top 10 but the logic of the rest of the post makes a lot of sense.

Genaro
07-16-2020, 05:20 AM
Durant and Curry, but for both of them it would required winning more chips along with FMVPs. Very long shot.
Giannis has the talent to do so, but I don't think he'll get the accolades. Luka too early to tell.

Harden, Kawhi, Westbrook, AD, etc - I don't think so