PDA

View Full Version : Pick one of these(often poorly constructed) big 3s.

Kblaze8855
07-17-2020, 06:48 AM
Cant trade anyone. Dropped into 2021. All at their peaks and healthy. One season to win a ring.

Tim Duncan, Chris Paul, and Ben Simmons

Steph Curry, Shaq, and Antione Walker

Kobe, Steve Nash, and Rasheed Wallace

Lebron, Tracy Mcgrady, and Deron Williams

Kevin Garnett, James Harden, and Tony Parker

Jordan, Alonzo Mourning, and Steve Francis

Larry Bird, Leonard, Mike Bibby

Hakeem, Paul Pierce, Peja

All of them work with the following supporting cast:

Fred Vanvleet(current)
Jason Williams(Kings version)
Andre roberson(Healthy)
Doug mcdermott(current)
Robert Covington
Derrick Favors
Steve Novak
Jahlil Okafor(current)
Jeff Green(current)
Kelvin Cato
Luc Longley

Who do you have the most faith in winning?

I have absolutely nothing to do until about 11am. Expect nonsense like this.

warriorfan
07-17-2020, 06:54 AM
Team 2

1 in 4 out. Dwight Howard’s Magic on steroids.

raiderfan19
07-17-2020, 07:05 AM
Cant trade anyone. Dropped into 2021. All at their peaks and healthy. One season to win a ring.

I have absolutely nothing to do until about 11am. Expect nonsense like this.
Lebron tmac and deron

Kblaze8855
07-17-2020, 07:11 AM
It would be fun watching them fight over the ball im sure. I think id make Tmac the go to guy on that team but I dont think Lebron would be on board....I also think Tmac is more likely to be willing to take a slightly reduced role....so I dont know if it would work out the way id plan. Deron can catch and shoot....but he wouldnt want to. He was upset with Sloan having too much control. Wait till hes got coach Bron directing traffic when hes at his peak and not washed up like he was on the Cavs. Not saying they couldnt win...im saying id enjoy the potential drama.

aceman
07-17-2020, 07:14 AM

Paul & Simmons overlap plus Ben better in uptempo offense which doesn't suit Duncan. Can see Paul & Duncan together

Curry & Shaq combo is money. Need to be surrounded by selfless role players which Walker is not

Kobe needs ball but so does Steve. Nash could work magic with Wallace but would prefer more mobile big man

Lebron & Tracy kinda play same role. Deron becomes Mo Williams here. Lebron leaves for better cast after season

Garnett & Harden can't get along - too different personalities. Parker not bad at d - OK trio actually.

Zo can rebound mj's missed shots & set nice picks. Francis off bench to run 2nd unit

Not bad unit with Larry & Kawhi playing off ball. Bird is a 4 in modern game. Bibby primary ball handler

As trio this might be best; half court offense as Hakeem kicks out to others. Needs perimeter defenders

raiderfan19
07-17-2020, 07:17 AM
The most valuable player archetype in the current league is a big athletic wing. Lebron and Tmac are possibly the best combination of size and athleticism among wings in league history. Lebron is fantastic at inverted pick and rolls with guards and i think the lebron/deron pick and roll would be fantastic. Tmac was also a fantastic defender when he wanted to be(think toronto and for spurts in houston or orlando though never sustained in those spots. That team could be a much better version of the lebron heat.

I also thought about going with cp/simmons/duncan as they are all all time defenders and i do think there is more natural chemistry there then most people think. Also young athletic duncan would absolutely work the current league imo even though i was never a huge duncan fan but they just dont have enough shooting with only cp as a capable outside shooter. The remainder of the team would obviously make a huge difference.

Kblaze8855
07-17-2020, 07:33 AM
Added a hopefully annoying supporting cast they all have to use.

HylianNightmare
07-17-2020, 07:38 AM
Shaq and curry

raiderfan19
07-17-2020, 07:46 AM
I probably roll with Cp/Van Fleet/Covington/Simmons/Duncan then. Cp/van Fleet/Covington provide enough shooting to space the floor, obviously cp simmons van fleet is an insane amount of playmaking and ducan can also make the pass and covington is the worst defender of the group. Cp and van fleet is a small backcourt but we can make it work, and cp has always done fine defending bigger players.

As for the lebron team, were gonna roll with deron/covington/tmac/lebron/favors and that should also be a fantastic defensive team though the shooting is a little worse but i love the size on the wing of tmac/lebron/covington along with favors. Should be a trapping menace.

Phoenix
07-17-2020, 07:48 AM
Shaq and Curry either sucking the defense inwards or pulling it outwards makes that combo almost impossible to stop running a little 2 man game. Single coverage on Shaq isnt going to work out and if you double him...I mean do you really need to have it spelled out what that means with Curry out there? Let the defense have fun with that little conundrum before we need to worry about where the third guy fits into all this.

I dont know if they win, but they're the most devastating duo that actually fit together without being redundant. Lebron and Tmac is a sexy pairing but I think they step on each others toes alot more than Shaq and Curry.

tpols
07-17-2020, 09:41 AM
Bird Kawhi & bibby the best.

rawimpact
07-17-2020, 10:05 AM
You've got arguably the most dominant center in Shaq and the most efficient shooter in Curry together? That triangle offense is unstoppable... because although antoine walker was known for his 3s (Even though by modern standards he was subpar), he did have a good post game in his earlier days.

Whoah10115
07-17-2020, 10:17 AM
Bird and Hakeem led teams really work well together.

Duncan can play uptempo as a C, with Simmons at PF. Simmons likely capable of playing SF too, but apart from outlet when there are runners, Paul doesn't really push the tempo.

I think Francis could really work with Jordan.

KG team also very good. Parker and Harden could fit well together, and KG would make them more unselfish.

LeBron's team has the most talent, I think. Some of it not fulfilled but plenty of it was great. But I don't know how that works if those guys are playing the wings together. More than likely that LeBron is a 4 the way he sometimes was in Miami.

ralph_i_el
07-17-2020, 10:22 AM
Team 2

1 in 4 out. Dwight Howard’s Magic on steroids.

This was my first choice, then Hakeem+Pierce+Peja.

Shogon
07-17-2020, 10:32 AM
Steph Curry, Shaq, and Antione Walker - While at first I thought about an immediate DQ because of Walker being overrated, I came to the opinion fairly quickly that the gravity from Curry and gravity from Shaq would result in either Shaq having single coverage every single time down the floor or a wide open three point shot for someone. Curry is clearly willing to submit to Shaq being the man on the team for the betterment of team success, so there would be no issues there. This team is a front runner. Their offense would absolutely overwhelm every other team on this list so long as the coach was able to keep Curry consistently moving on offense without the ball. Teams just couldn't cope.

Second choice would have been Hakeem's team...

I essentially disregarded the supporting cast because I think that cast is evenly distributed enough in their talents that your first three would be the deal breaker and it wouldn't come down to a matter of one starting 3 being a better fit or not.

I mean, you're talking about two unanimous league MVPs on the same team that were literally league breaking on offense. Uh, yeah... Shaq didn't get unanimous, I know, the guy from Philly is a douche, shut up.

Shogon
07-17-2020, 10:37 AM
Also, the fact that this is even a debate just means people forgot how good Steph & Shaq were at their peaks.

Phoenix
07-17-2020, 10:47 AM
Also, the fact that this is even a debate just means people forgot how good Steph & Shaq were at their peaks.

Not only in isolation but as a tandem. It's an automatic 2 single covering on Shaq or an automatic 3 if you even shade the post and give Curry a split second of daylight. Walker can go stand out on the opposite wing until someone figures that out.

wang4three
07-17-2020, 11:15 AM
Probably Tim, Paul and Simmons, though I'm not sure who Chris Paul would fight first, Jason Williams Kings version or Ben Simmons. Also, picking this team may be the least fun to watch of the combos.

Shaq, Curry, Antoine as my second pick though... though I really wonder if Curry hurts Antoine here. I can see Curry jacking up 30 footers and making them and Antoine saying, "why not me?". Those years where he led 3PT attempted by like 100+ over the next guy but still lost to Ray Allen in 3PM is hanging in the back of mind.

ralph_i_el
07-17-2020, 11:18 AM
Probably Tim, Paul and Simmons, though I'm not sure who Chris Paul would fight first, Jason Williams Kings version or Ben Simmons. Also, picking this team may be the least fun to watch of the combos.

Shaq, Curry, Antoine as my second pick though... though I really wonder if Curry hurts Antoine here. I can see Curry jacking up 30 footers and making them and Antoine saying, "why not me?". Those years where he led 3PT attempted by like 100+ over the next guy but still lost to Ray Allen in 3PM is hanging in the back of mind.

That's all just extra spacing for Shaq though.

RRR3
07-17-2020, 11:21 AM
Curry and Shaq is unfair.

iamgine
07-17-2020, 11:56 AM
Considering the supporting casts, I'd say

Fred VV
Pierce
Peja
Covington
Hakeem

ralph_i_el
07-17-2020, 12:03 PM
Considering the supporting casts, I'd say

Fred VV
Pierce
Peja
Covington
Hakeem

Definitely the most well balanced squad. That's a ton of shooting to put around Hakeem.

SouBeachTalents
07-17-2020, 02:18 PM
I'd rank them

1. Bird/Kawhi/Bibby
2. Hakeem/Pierce/Peja
3. Kobe/Nash/Sheed

I honestly think those 3 would work well

tpols
07-17-2020, 02:23 PM
Curry Shaq is probably the most interesting inside out gravity experiment ever. But the only problem i have with it is Shaq is an old school post player who likes the ball dumped into him, where as Curry and the Dubs were a heavy PnR ball movement team. Shaq isnt a PnR big man by any means so how does it work? The offensive systems they played under are contrasting styles. If you think it's just gonna be Curry dribbling the ball up the court dumping it to Shaq, Shaq getting doubled and Curry gets a free shot? I dont think so because the defense will send help from anybody but Curry's man. So i dont know... on paper it sounds amazing.. i dont know if it would play out in reality.

Bird and Kawhi? How could that go wrong? And Bibby shits on Walker imo.

tpols
07-17-2020, 02:29 PM
I'd rank them

1. Bird/Kawhi/Bibby
2. Hakeem/Pierce/Peja
3. Kobe/Nash/Sheed

I honestly think those 3 would work well

I'd have hakeem/pierce/peja second.

It's kind of unfair some teams get steve francis or antione walker or ben simmons and others get peja or bibby. D-will and Parker are dope but theyre being paired with fellow ball dominators that will limit their impact.

insidious301
07-17-2020, 02:35 PM
Shaq/Curry/Cyber Toine or Bird/Kawhi/Bibby. The latter just looks unbeatable though. Prime Bibby with Sactown was a very good shooter and a ballsy player when it mattered most.

HBK_Kliq_2
07-17-2020, 02:48 PM
I don't care for the Nash/Kobe fit. I have a hard time putting Nash on a lot of super teams because his style. Nash likes to micromanage the entire offense and that's why he won 2 MVPS, his teams heavily rely on him. I think Kobe prefers running the offense himself and he's usually pretty damn good at it in his own right. Nash I like pairing with bigs like Griffin/Kemp/Malone so he can pick and roll you to death, pairing with another wing star I don't see it.

Hakeem/Pierce is a better version of KG/Pierce and Peja plays the Ray Allen 3rd wheel role. We saw what happened with 08 Celtics, this is the most sure thing of working.

Bird/Kawhi is also an outstanding duo. Bird can play PF in today's era. Its 2002-2004 Bibby when he's skinny/quick and not buff 2006 Bibby. I think this trio will be great as well. Bird can be the lead playmaker and Kawhi can be the closer.

Curry/Shaq I think would work because Shaq always plays great with guards, Curry doesn't get jealous of Shaq like Kobe did. Curry didn't care that Durant was 1st option, so I'm sure he would be just fine playing with Shaq.

Gougou
07-17-2020, 04:28 PM
Tim Duncan, Chris Paul, and Ben Simmons - This one depend on if the team have any shooters, good bench player around. Otherwise, it won't work.

Steph Curry, Shaq, and Antione Walker - Both Curry/Shaq in their prime is a ring for sure, Curry is not a ball hog like Kobe.

Kobe, Steve Nash, and Rasheed Wallace - Can't even win anything with Gasol/Dwight... And you expect Wallace would do better? Lol...

Lebron, Tracy Mcgrady, and Deron Williams - This one is tricky, pre-injury T Mac is actually a beast, so a ring is quite possible.

Kevin Garnett, James Harden, and Tony Parker - Nah.

Jordan, Alonzo Mourning, and Steve Francis - Mourning ain't no Pippen and Steve Francis is not Rodman.

Larry Bird, Leonard, Mike Bibby - Bird and Leonard on the same team is actually insane, gives you the best of both offense/defense, what a duo, they are also clutch, have lots of experience in the postseason.

Hakeem, Paul Pierce, Peja - Hakeem play at his best should win a ring for this team.

My top 3 would be:

1. Steph Curry, Shaq, and Antione Walker.
2. Larry Bird, Leonard, Mike Bibby.
3. Lebron, Tracy Mcgrady, and Deron Williams.

999Guy
07-17-2020, 06:56 PM
Kobe/Nash/Sheed is too good to pass up.

Duncan’s team is close.

God damn so is KG’s.

fsvr54
07-17-2020, 07:10 PM
Bird and Kawhi on the same team is scary.

Wally450
07-17-2020, 07:15 PM
Shaq, Curry, Antoine.

I'd roll a starting line up of

PG: Curry
SG: Roberson
SF: Antoine
PF: Jeff Green
C: Shaq

I was going to start Favors at the 4 but that wouldn't leave much shooting at all on the floor. I decided to put Jeff Green instead. Could actually swap Green and Antoine if you wanted.

raiderfan19
07-17-2020, 07:43 PM
Shaq, Curry, Antoine.

I'd roll a starting line up of

PG: Curry
SG: Roberson
SF: Antoine
PF: Jeff Green
C: Shaq

I was going to start Favors at the 4 but that wouldn't leave much shooting at all on the floor. I decided to put Jeff Green instead. Could actually swap Green and Antoine if you wanted.

Yuck. So you have no shooting outside of curry. How does Covington not start for you??? Anyway. I’ll take Duncan Simmons Covington van fleet cp in a wash over that team.