PDA

View Full Version : Know who I just don’t **** with? KAT. And I can’t put my finger on why.

Kblaze8855
07-17-2020, 01:21 PM
Sure he isn’t a good defender and has not won much. Neither of those are unusual at 24. And he’s maybe an all time elite talent at the 5. It sounds wrong when you say it but really....

He may be the best outside shooting center in history. He’s doing something like Ray Allen in Seattle numbers from 3. Straight up all time elite shooting. 41% from 3 on 8 a game?

His handles and footwork are guard like. Not elite guard but like....an average wing. Which is nuts for his size.

He can pass....he’s crazy mobile and coordinated. He’s got some nasty pull-ups in his bag. Nice off the fake. Can step into a midrange or drive.

Guy is a monster talent but I just....I’m not ready to acknowledge him yet. Maybe because he quarreled with Don Jimmy who is absolutely my kinda player. Whatever it is I’m starting to feel like I’m perhaps a little unfair in where I generally rank him and I’d like to know if I’m alone.

Anyone else feel like they should be giving him a tad more credit than they do even if Perkins roasted him on ESPN and turned out to be right(the whole....sleeping comfortably on Minnesota thing)?

Dick Hammerbush
07-17-2020, 02:01 PM
I think for me it’s because he’s Charmin tp soft.

Nashty
07-17-2020, 02:29 PM
Maybe because he got exposed and destroyed by Capela in the playoffs?

warriorfan
07-17-2020, 02:35 PM
No defense, no it factor. Just talent but that isn’t enough.

Lebron23
07-17-2020, 02:42 PM
He lacks defense and leadership. KAT is a perfect 2nd scoring option if a team have a LeBron, Durant, Harden, Steph, Giannis type of players.

Akeem34TheDream
07-17-2020, 02:42 PM
Only threes or under the rim. No between. Very easy to dislike.

warriorfan
07-17-2020, 02:53 PM
He lacks defense and leadership. KAT is a perfect 2nd scoring option if a team have a LeBron, Durant, Harden, Steph, Giannis type of players.

Kat and Harden or Kat and Durant don’t have enough heart. They wouldn’t make it.

Overdrive
07-17-2020, 04:23 PM
I think he's just very immature. Atleast he appears like that. Not in a boogie kind of way, but in a sense that he doesn't understand how to put hard work into something and that striving for success means sacrifice.

Clifton
07-17-2020, 04:24 PM
OP: Might his shooting form might have something to do with this?

Because it does for me. Also, a guy moving like someone 6" shorter normally is cool... but like... not when you actually play like someone 6" shorter. Like Brandon Ingram- I'd like him more if he were shorter.

FireDavidKahn
07-17-2020, 05:14 PM
It isn't a stretch to say he is the most well rounded scoring center in history. Absolute nightmare from every level plus he an blow by you from the outside. good in transition as well.

When he leaves MN after this current contract and goes to a competent organization then people will finally realize just how good he really is.

FireDavidKahn
07-17-2020, 05:17 PM
Only threes or under the rim. No between. Very easy to dislike.

LOL WHAT?

You have never watched him play at all if you seriously just said he has no inbetween game then the paint or the 3.:roll:

Good god, his mid range is amazing as well.

Akeem34TheDream
07-17-2020, 05:29 PM
LOL WHAT?

You have never watched him play at all if you seriously just said he has no inbetween game then the paint or the 3.:roll:

Good god, his mid range is amazing as well.

Maybe he is good at those, i don't know. I just never see him take any.

HylianNightmare
07-17-2020, 05:34 PM
His game and face irk me. Just how he moves cousins and Embiid are so much more aesthetically appealing

NBAGOAT
07-17-2020, 06:28 PM
he's got weaknesses but you dont become hat great a shooter/scorer without hard work. He's not wiggins lol. Unfortunately I dont think minnesota wins anything anytime soon him and dlo isnt enough. Still should be fun next year

PoutinPippin
07-17-2020, 06:30 PM
No one cares