PDA

View Full Version : Where do these Forwards Rank In the 90s? And who is your Top 10 overall?

insidious301
07-17-2020, 07:54 PM
Paul Pierce
Carmelo Anthony
Peja Stojakovic
Andre Iguodala
Andre Kirilenko

Here are the best SF's in the 90s
Scottie Pippen
Dominique Wilkins
Grant Hill
Chris Mullin
Glen Rice

Who you think is best? Rank them in order.

warriorfan
07-17-2020, 08:00 PM
Paul Pierce
Carmelo Anthony
Peja Stojakovic
Andre Iguodala
Andre Kirilenko

Here are the best SF's in the 90s
Scottie Pippen
Dominique Wilkins
Grant Hill
Chris Mullin
Glen Rice

Who you think is best? Rank them in order.

For peaks not total career

Pierce
Kriilenko
Iguodala
Anthony
Peja

Hill
Pippen
Mullin
Wilkins
Rice

insidious301
07-17-2020, 08:11 PM
For peaks not total career

Pierce
Kriilenko
Iguodala
Anthony
Peja

Hill
Pippen
Mullin
Wilkins
Rice

Great list. Its interesting you have Peja last for that group of SFs. He had a very good peak in the mid 2000s with his scoring. You are a defensive guy(basketball terminology) ay? Let me also say that I intended for this to be a Top 10. Throw all the Forwards in the 90s and who ranks best, 1-10.

warriorfan
07-17-2020, 08:15 PM
Great list. Its interesting you have Peja last for that group of SFs. He had a very good peak in the mid 2000s with his scoring. You are a defensive guy huh? Let me also say that I intended for this to be a Top 10. Throw all the Forwards in the 90s and who ranks best, 1-10.

Thanks. Yes I am big on defense and players that can take different roles if needed. When I rate a player I usually try to view how the player would be on a championship contending team. As if I had a very good team and I needed one more to get me over type of deal. That is just my opinion on the matter, I don’t really care as much for a player that can do well on a poor team or even carry a poor team to a low seed and early playoff exit. I think it’s more important asking how would that player do on an already elite or near elite team. I was rough on Peja, tbh looking back him and Melo might be a pick em.

I will get around to making a full list of both eras in a little bit. Kinda tied up right now and it requires a little thinking.

insidious301
07-17-2020, 08:32 PM
Thanks. Yes I am big on defense and players that can take different roles if needed. When I rate a player I usually try to view how the player would be on a championship contending team. As if I had a very good team and I needed one more to get me over type of deal. That is just my opinion on the matter, I don’t really care as much for a player that can do well on a poor team or even carry a poor team to a low seed and early playoff exit. I think it’s more important asking how would that player do on an already elite or near elite team. I was rough on Peja, tbh looking back him and Melo might be a pick em.

I will get around to making a full list of both eras in a little bit. Kinda tied up right now and it requires a little thinking.

Good points man. I like that you are critical and don't fall victim to ISO-ball. Look forward to seeing your Top 10.

kawhileonard2
07-17-2020, 10:19 PM
Dominique Wilkins
Grant Hill
Scottie Pippen
Paul Pierce
Carmelo Anthony
Chris Mullin
Glen Rice
Peja Stojakovic
Andre Kirilenko
Andre Iguodala

HBK_Kliq_2
07-17-2020, 10:23 PM
From best to worst:

Scottie Pippen
Paul Pierce
Carmello Anthony
Dominique Wilkins
Grant Hill
Andre Iguodala
Peja Stojakovic
Andre Kirilenko
Chris Mullin
Glen Rice

warriorfan
07-17-2020, 10:57 PM
Hill
Pippen
Pierce
Kirilenko
Iguodala
Mullin
Wilkins
Peja
Anthony
Rice

Roundball_Rock
07-17-2020, 11:12 PM
Pippen
Hill
Wilkins
Carmelo
Mullin
Pierce
Peja
Rice
Iggy
AK-47

insidious301
07-18-2020, 12:21 AM
Dominique Wilkins
Grant Hill
Scottie Pippen
Paul Pierce
Carmelo Anthony
Chris Mullin
Glen Rice
Peja Stojakovic
Andre Kirilenko
Andre Iguodala

From best to worst:

Scottie Pippen
Paul Pierce
Carmello Anthony
Dominique Wilkins
Grant Hill
Andre Iguodala
Peja Stojakovic
Andre Kirilenko
Chris Mullin
Glen Rice

Hill
Pippen
Pierce
Kirilenko
Iguodala
Mullin
Wilkins
Peja
Anthony
Rice

Pippen
Hill
Wilkins
Carmelo
Mullin
Pierce
Peja
Rice
Iggy
AK-47

Awesome lists guys. Good to see Pierce get rep. The common ranking so far is that he's middle of the pack. I believe Truth would've been a killer in the 90s just like he was in the 2000s. Another interesting one is Kirilenko because I view him bottom of the pack like most of you, however Warriorfan makes a great point that it just depends on the team and situation. He couldn't be more right imo. AK's impact along with Iguodala's doesn't get talked about enough, but I totally understand--they weren't the greatest offensive players. Pippen is upper class like I expected. I see that most of you have Carmelo right there with Wilkins which is a good comparison in and of itself. They're essentially the same player.

warriorfan
07-18-2020, 04:46 AM
Awesome lists guys. Good to see Pierce get rep. The common ranking so far is that he's middle of the pack. I believe Truth would've been a killer in the 90s just like he was in the 2000s. Another interesting one is Kirilenko because I view him bottom of the pack like most of you, however Warriorfan makes a great point that it just depends on the team and situation. He couldn't be more right imo. AK's impact along with Iguodala's doesn't get talked about enough, but I totally understand--they weren't the greatest offensive players. Pippen is upper class like I expected. I see that most of you have Carmelo right there with Wilkins which is a good comparison in and of itself. They're essentially the same player.

:cheers:

Good thread. It’s interesting to see how people’s lists can vary so much and their different criteria for ranking. You would think ranking players gets more difficult at the top in terms of GOAT lists and best primes but really, ranking players in these tiers is probably more difficult with less clear cut answers. Also interesting observation with Melo and Wilkins being paired up in everyone’s list almost. It is true they are both somewhat cut from the same cloth.

I’ve always been a fan of Paul Pierce. No real holes in his game. Great scorer, great shooter. Strong rebounder, he can handle and pass. He used to be deceptively athletic in his earlier days but was still great even when he lost a step. And of course he is clutch.