PDA

View Full Version : Today's game isn't basketball and anyone who watches it is a dumbass

3ball
07-18-2020, 04:28 PM
That's what I know

warriorfan
07-18-2020, 04:31 PM
:roll:

Smook A.
07-18-2020, 04:38 PM
The game's just played differently. Doesn't mean it's not still basketball :oldlol:

Smoke117
07-18-2020, 04:39 PM
1-9

3ball
07-18-2020, 04:47 PM
Back in the day, it was HARD to get an in-stride layup in the halfcourt - too many defenders to mitigate during the drive.. you had to wait for great plays like soccer, aka a real sport.

Nowadays, every play gets an in-stride layup or open three.. it's a DRILL to see who can drive-and-kick for the most threes... It's not a sport anymore

The game has been dumbed-down into kindergarten-like roles, aka "shooter" and "ball-handler" roles.... Mickey Mouse shit.... where a 6'2" kid that can't dunk or shot-make is the best player..... And pure scoring ability is dead/doesn't exist (it's just threes and layups)

It's a drill and anyone that can't see that is dumb.. I would never watch even a minute of the game... It's not basketball

I'd rather watch 20 guys on the blacktop play a game of 21.... THAT'S basketball and requires real skill to get a field goal

Roundball_Rock
07-18-2020, 04:50 PM
Back in the day, it was HARD to get an in-stride layup in the halfcourt - too many defenders to mitigate during the drive.. you had to wait for great plays like soccer, aka a real sport.

Nowadays, every play gets an in-stride layup or open three.. it's a DRILL to see who can drive-and-kick for the most threes... It's not a sport anymore

The game has been dumbed-down into kindergarten-like roles, aka "shooter" and "ball-handler" roles.... Mickey Mouse shit.... where a 6'2" kid that can't dunk or shot-make is the best player..... And pure scoring ability is dead/doesn't exist (it's just threes and layups)

It's a drill and anyone that can't see that is dumb.. I would never watch even a minute of the game... It's not basketball

I'd rather watch 20 guys on the blacktop play a game of 21.... THAT'S basketball and requires real skill to get a field goal

So why do you compare scoring numbers from the 90's to today at face value every day? You just admitted defenses were a lot tougher back then.

Horatio33
07-18-2020, 04:51 PM
That's what I know

I'd be amazed if you've watched ten full games of basketball in your life. You don't understand the game. You just type a load of numbers you have taken from other websites to justify your positions. Your basketball opinion is close to worthless.

3ball
07-18-2020, 04:59 PM
I'd be amazed if you've watched ten full games of basketball in your life. You don't understand the game. You just type a load of numbers you have taken from other websites to justify your positions. Your basketball opinion is close to worthless.

No I played d1 against many NBA players and can still dunk at 43 years old (just did yesterday).

I was also a professional analyst (Senior Financial Analyst) so I combine elite experience playing and analyzing

You won't find a more optimal background for analyzing the NBA than me.. and in this case, determining that it isn't real basketball

That's why my statistical analysis uses stats that no one else uses, aka closest defender stats (who avoids contested jumpers and who is good at making them, aka pure scoring).. or who makes their teammates' assists decline, resulting in low assist teams... Or who can't play off-ball and fit with a wider range of teammates or systems... Or who attracts double-teams and why... or who is a skilled jumpshooter... Stuff that you don't hear anyone else talk about

KD7
07-18-2020, 05:02 PM

Ok Boomer

3ball
07-18-2020, 05:05 PM
Ok Boomer

The next time you watch an NBA game, notice the marching-band-like spacing of today's game, and how hands-off/non-contact it is

The wide open spacing between players looks more like a dance routine than basketball

KD7
07-18-2020, 05:07 PM
The next time you watch an NBA game, notice the marching-band-like spacing of today's game, and how hands-off/non-contact it is

The wide open spacing between players looks more like a dance routine than basketball

The spacing in today's game is due to the fact that most players can hit a jumpshot outside of 10 feet unlike the 90s :oldlol:

MrFonzworth
07-18-2020, 05:10 PM
OP is right: the NBA today has evolved into a far superior product it deserves its own name. Gone are the days where a cross dresser is leading the league in rebounds every year. Only the best athletes in the world make it to the NBA, wasn't the case in the 90s.

tpols
07-18-2020, 05:20 PM
John Stockton was 6'0 flat and an NBA featherweight 170 lbs.

Chef is 6'3 190 lbs deadlifting 400 lbs for fun.

And on top of the size advantage just totally and utterly shits on stockton at shotmaking. So if John was HOF in the 90s, what would chef be?

SouBeachTalents
07-18-2020, 05:21 PM
Watching today's game is still better than making 26,000 posts about the same 3 players

Shooter
07-18-2020, 05:23 PM
OP is right: the NBA today has evolved into a far superior product it deserves its own name. Gone are the days where a cross dresser is leading the league in rebounds every year. Only the best athletes in the world make it to the NBA, wasn't the case in the 90s.

Issa wrap

KD7
07-18-2020, 05:23 PM

And on top of the size advantage just totally and utterly shits on stockton at shotmaking. So if John was HOF in the 90s, what would chef be?

Curry would look like a literal God if he played in that era

StrongLurk
07-18-2020, 05:24 PM

Ouch...

3ball
07-18-2020, 05:29 PM

You made my point by bringing up Stockton, who wasn't anywhere near the best like Curry is in today's Mickey Mouse league - Curry was unanimous MVP in today's kindergarten format, but would be ranked much lower in previous eras.. like Stockton was....

Stockton's skill was getting more assists than anyone ever has WITHOUT SPACING (aka basketball).... Curry's skill is hitting the most threes in a spaced-out format geared to generate threes (drill)

That's why MJ said Curry isn't HOF - it's because his skill set ISN'T (rich man's Dell Curry)

MrFonzworth
07-18-2020, 05:31 PM
You made my point by bringing up Stockton, who wasn't anywhere near the best like Curry is in today's Mickey Mouse league - Curry was unanimous MVP in today's kindergarten format..

Curry had among the best production rates EVER in 2016 (best player in the league), but he wouldn't be top 10 in the 90's or leading the NBA every year in assists like Stockton

Stockton's skill was getting more assists than anyone ever has WITHOUT SPACING (aka basketball).... Curry's skill is hitting the most threes in a spaced-out format geared to generate threes (drill)

Jordan's skill: going bald(gross), 1-9, quitting.

3ball
07-18-2020, 05:35 PM
Jordan's skill: going bald(gross), 1-9, quitting.

Curry isn't HOF just like Jordan said... 3-point contest skills isn't HOF.. his choking in the Finals doesn't help either

Otoh, getting the most assists without spacing IS hof skill (aka stockton, who gets cool rap references unlike curry... the only cool rap reference that Curry gets is his wife saying she wants new d*ck)

tpols
07-18-2020, 05:35 PM
Nope... you like to bring up Curry as a "this era is soft/small" argument... one of the smaller dudes to ever play the game is a top offensive player in the 90's. You bring up shot making. Curry's ability to hit a wide diversity of jumpers, on ball, off ball, fade away, bankers, 45 footers, tear drops, etc. just shits on stockton. So if stockton was great back then what's stopping alien Chef?

I agree with your point that CERTAIN players benefit. Harden Giannis types that just 4 man wide spread iso dribble into layups and chucks... yes.. they have benefitted. Houston literally gave away their all star level center so PJ tucker could play it and give them an even cheesier iso game.

But you keep using Curry in these arguments when it's flat out bullshit. He's been employing one of the most diverse and unique styles of offense, not iso spamming with spacers like a lot of other guys.

Wally450
07-18-2020, 05:36 PM
Pretty bold statement from someone who watches games through basketball reference. I doubt you even know how to legitimately ball.

MrFonzworth
07-18-2020, 05:39 PM
Rappers make songs about Steph Curry despite him being a Christian virgin

Only time Stockton's name gets brought up is to lure middle aged balding pedophiles on the internet ala Chris Hansen style.

3ball
07-18-2020, 05:41 PM
Nope... you like to bring up Curry as a "this era is soft/small" argument... one of the smaller dudes to ever play the game is a top offensive player in the 90's. You bring up shot making. Curry's ability to hit a wide diversity of jumpers, on ball, off ball, fade away, bankers, 45 footers, tear drops, etc. just shits on stockton. So if stockton was great back then what's stopping alien Chef?

I agree with your point that CERTAIN players benefit. Harden Giannis types that just 4 man wide spread iso dribble into layups and chucks... yes.. they have benefitted.

But you keep using Curry in these arguments when it's flat out bullshit. He's been employing one of the most diverse and unique styles of offense, not iso spamming with spacers like a lot of other guys.

^^^ pure ignorant fan bullshit

Let me know when Curry gets 14 apg - Stockton is HOF because getting the most assists without spacing is HOF skill

Otoh, Curry's 3-point contest skill isn't HOF, just like jordan said.. and that's what today's game is... A three-point contest - the most threes wins - popovich agrees with me, not you or today's dumb fans

And Curry isn't a skilled jumpshooter because he can't make contested 2-pointers OR contested threes.. he's only good at making open threes - this is statistical fact.. I'm happy to re-post the stats and I will if you ignore or disregard this point (that Curry can't make contested jumpers... which is why his mid-range volume is low and inefficient)

Roundball_Rock
07-18-2020, 05:43 PM
Curry isn't HOF just like Jordan said...

A 2x MVP isn't HOF? :lol

Stockton couldn't score. 12 PPG in the finals as his team lost two very winnable series. If he could score 20 PPG regularly he would have 2 rings at minimum (97', 98') and probably more (would turn some of those WCF losses into a chip or two). Stockton cost Malone multiple rings (Malone's efficiency fell through the floor--but not surprising when he is the only legit scoring threat the team has...). What a shame: Malone's legacy is defined as being the greatest or second greatest ringless player as a result.

tpols
07-18-2020, 05:47 PM
Otoh, Curry's 3-point contest skill isn't HOF

3 point contest is set shot after set shot.

It's role player shot making. Over and over robotic motion catch and shoot. Curry's 3 point prowess is so developed he could do this to you.

https://media.giphy.com/media/l0HlElVOyhuWfizq8/giphy.gif

or this

https://treynewcombjournalism.files.wordpress.com/2015/04/curry-gif.gif

That's not "3 point contest skill"

That's **** you 3ball skill.

3ball
07-18-2020, 05:51 PM

It's role player shot making. Over and over robotic motion catch and shoot. Curry's 3 point prowess is so developed he could do this to you.

or this

You just showed him using a screen and hitting an open three

That isn't skill... that's FORMAT

80% of Curry's three are taken with 4-6 feet from closest defender ("open") or 6+ feet ("wide-open"), according to the NBA

Roundball_Rock
07-18-2020, 05:58 PM
You can't have it both ways, 3ball. I just saw you compare 2013 stats to 1998 stats at face value. Flip flopping thread to thread. :lol

tpols
07-18-2020, 05:59 PM
the help defender was right there lmao.

He was practically doubled. Hit a running off one foot tear drop 25 footer.

"3 point contest skill"

SouBeachTalents
07-18-2020, 06:00 PM
Hey, sometimes the 3 point contest isn't that easy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jsjukb2NttM

3ball
07-18-2020, 06:01 PM
You can't have it both ways, 3ball. I just saw you compare 2013 stats to 1998 stats at face value. Flip flopping thread to thread. :lol

Curry could never lead the league in assists

Not even close

Stockton did it every year, WITHOUT spacing.. that's HOF

Stockton doesn't need to shoot 12 threes a game where 10 are wide open - that ISN'T hof

3ball
07-18-2020, 06:05 PM
the help defender was right there lmao.

He was practically doubled. Hit a running off one foot tear drop 25 footer.

"3 point contest skill"

The warriors didn't win because of the 1 time every OTHER game that he made a contested three

They won because of the remaining vast majority of his threes, which were "open" or "wide open" when he made them, according to the NBA

Cherry-picking helps my argument, not yours

Bronbron23
07-18-2020, 06:06 PM
The game's just played differently. Doesn't mean it's not still basketball :oldlol:

this. It definitely doesn't resemble everyday basketball that you see on the playgrounds and gyms. The rules has made it a different game. Its still ball though and i still love to watch

Shooter
07-18-2020, 06:07 PM

:lebronamazed:

MrFonzworth
07-18-2020, 06:12 PM

Is this that ultra competitive killer instinct win at all costs get my father murdered guy people always talk about?

3ball
07-18-2020, 06:12 PM
this. It definitely doesn't resemble everyday basketball that you see on the playgrounds and gyms. The rules has made it a different game. Its still ball though and i still love to watch

You love to watch it because you can't play real basketball

When you were talking about playgrounds and gyms, you said "that you SEE", aka you don't play yourself

You're a Rachel Nichols or Nick Wright - "scholars" of the game by looking up stats and trying to figure out the game by watching.. you all failed drastically - your takes are always wrong, and are 3rd grade level.. weak and pathetic.. no real take on the game... Just "it's fun to watch".. riiiight... Because you're a dumbass.. literally like a dog that has no clue what he's watching

tpols
07-18-2020, 06:13 PM
The warriors didn't win because of the 1 time every OTHER game that he made a contested three

They won because of the remaining vast majority of his threes, which were "open" or "wide open" when he made them, according to the NBA

Cherry-picking helps my argument, not yours

On one hand you praise off ball skill and it's ability to realize a team's dynastic potential, and on the other you shit on it.

Getting open is a skill. Curry is a master off ball player. He got open, because he often found away to do so. Whether it was navigating a complex maze of screens or dime'ing dudes from the top with spectacular trickery and craftsmanship. He got it done.

John Stockton pounded the rock. He was a PnR spammer. A dribbler. The Jazz are the most notorious PnR team of all time perhaps. I've seen you shit on monopolizers a million times. Now? It's alright with him. Because he came from your era and his name fits your nostalgic criteria.

We're calling bullshit mate.

This is a brief case study.

HBK_Kliq_2
07-18-2020, 06:13 PM
Luka/Harden/Kawhi/LeBron/Giannis is the greatest all 1st team in NBA history. The game today still has the most talent.

3ball
07-18-2020, 06:23 PM
On one hand you praise off ball skill and it's ability to realize a team's dynastic potential, and on the other you shit on it.

Getting open is a skill. Curry is a master off ball player. He got open, because he often found away to do so. Whether it was navigating a complex maze of screens or dime'ing dudes from the top with spectacular trickery and craftsmanship. He got it done.

John Stockton pounded the rock. He was a PnR spammer. A dribbler. The Jazz are the most notorious PnR team of all time perhaps. I've seen you shit on monopolizers a million times. Now? It's alright with him. Because he came from your era and his name fits your nostalgic criteria.

We're calling bullshit mate.

This is a brief case study.

Again you make my point - in today's format, the Reggie Miller skill of getting open is worth MVP

But it was barely worth all-nba in previous formats

That's the difference - Curry could never win MVP in any other era... Only the Mickey Mouse era

And the Mickey Mouse format makes it easier for EVERYONE, including ball-handlers like Stockton... Heck, Kenny Smith said he'd average 26 ppg today.. he was DEAD SERIOUS

3ball
07-18-2020, 06:28 PM
Luka/Harden/Kawhi/LeBron/Giannis is the greatest all 1st team in NBA history. The game today still has the most talent.

1 good player/winner and 4 playoff failures/ball-dominators

:yaohappy:

Again, I rest case

DoctorP
07-18-2020, 06:29 PM
https://static.tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pub/images/disapproving_look.jpg

f u 3ball, for a sec i thought there was a game today

Bronbron23
07-18-2020, 06:30 PM

When you were talking about playgrounds and gyms, you said "that you SEE", aka you don't play yourself

You're a Rachel Nichols or Nick Wright - "scholars" of the game by looking up stats and trying to figure out the game by watching.. you all failed drastically - your takes are always wrong, and are 3rd grade level.. weak and pathetic.. no real take on the game... Just "it's fun to watch".. riiiight... Because you're a dumbass.. literally like a dog that has no clue what he's watching
Dude, your such a clown. "That you see" is just the way i worded it. Its ment to engulf everyone, not just my perspective.

Im a mj guy but its mj stans like you that ruin it for decent, reasonable mj fans.

Do this forum a favor and stop posting shit. Just stick to jerking off to youtube mj highlight videos in your moms basement you flicking fakkit.

And change your name dumbass. Your a p*ssy so how can your name be 3 ball when you dont have any :facepalm

Roundball_Rock
07-18-2020, 06:39 PM

How ironic is it that MJ's biggest stan on ISH is named "3ball"? :roll:

Bronbron23
07-18-2020, 06:46 PM
How ironic is it that MJ's biggest stan on ISH is named "3ball"? :roll:

He should change his name from "3 ball" to "1 big p*ssy":facepalm

HBK_Kliq_2
07-18-2020, 06:56 PM
1 good player/winner and 4 playoff failures/ball-dominators

:yaohappy:

Again, I rest case

Jordan's career playoff usage is 35.6 he wasn't a ball dominator?

Luka is a ball dominator at 37% usage but look what its doing to the mavs offense (116.7 offensive rating highest in NBA history). So as far as I'm concerned, ball dominators leads to successful offenses.

72-10
07-18-2020, 07:07 PM
Watching today's game is still better than making 26,000 posts about the same 3 players

Would you rather watch 26,000 minutes of it or read 26,000 posts if they were about many different players? Like an entire assortment of players.

72-10
07-18-2020, 07:10 PM

or this

second one's clearly a carrying violation

72-10
07-18-2020, 07:11 PM

Curry doesn't even play defense well. You had to play defense well in that era to be a star.

Axe
07-18-2020, 07:31 PM
You seem to stan him after bran

Roundball_Rock
07-18-2020, 07:40 PM
Curry doesn't even play defense well. You had to play defense well in that era to be a star.

Not necessarily. Barkley arguably came closest to anyone since Magic in rivaling MJ and he didn't play defense.

Good catch. Remember, 3ball's own narrative is it was all MJ by himself on offense. :lol

3ball
07-18-2020, 08:33 PM

Luka is a ball dominator at 37% usage but look what its doing to the mavs offense (116.7 offensive rating highest in NBA history). So as far as I'm concerned, ball dominators leads to successful offenses.

Usage = shot attempts, not ball-domination (how long a player holds the ball)

This is why I tell you to stop watching ESPN.. they don't know the difference and preach that usage = ball-domination.. it's a lie meant to dumb things down for "Joe the Plumber"

And the Mavs aren't the first team to have a goat ORtg halfway through the season... Especially with a low-ranked defense.. let's see if they can achieve a great ORtg against a good team in the playoffs when they have to DEFEND (which takes away from offense... ball-domination offense falls off in playoffs against a good team that they must DEFEND)

SATAN
07-18-2020, 10:01 PM
If you don't like basketball anymore **** off then. No one will miss your pathetic ass. ****in' loser.

Shooter
07-18-2020, 10:52 PM

:roll: :roll:

Never read a more visibly shook response on a basketball forum in my life

Lebron23
07-19-2020, 05:09 AM
It's called modern basketball. No more shoving,no more under cutting, no more trying to hurt the opposing team's best player. And the nba allow some physicality every year in the playoffs. And they swallow the whistle in the post season. If you don't like that, you don't like nba basketball

Horatio33
07-19-2020, 05:14 AM
No I played d1 against many NBA players and can still dunk at 43 years old (just did yesterday).

I was also a professional analyst (Senior Financial Analyst) so I combine elite experience playing and analyzing

You won't find a more optimal background for analyzing the NBA than me.. and in this case, determining that it isn't real basketball

That's why my statistical analysis uses stats that no one else uses, aka closest defender stats (who avoids contested jumpers and who is good at making them, aka pure scoring).. or who makes their teammates' assists decline, resulting in low assist teams... Or who can't play off-ball and fit with a wider range of teammates or systems... Or who attracts double-teams and why... or who is a skilled jumpshooter... Stuff that you don't hear anyone else talk about

So despite all these achievements you continue to spam post on a forum like a 15 year old. I really believe you played D1 and you are a Senior Financial Analyst. Shouldn't you have more to do in your life than post 26.000 times on an internet forum?

Dr Hawk
07-19-2020, 05:39 AM
Any modern sport is better today than in the past. Higher quality, more competitiveness, athletes are more prepared, safer and less room for unfair calls.

Reggie43
07-19-2020, 05:46 AM
There is some truth to this because the nba fked it up with the rule changes only favoring one side of the ball. Thank god those are not universal rules and you can still play a physical style of basketball on both ends in any other organized league regardless of level of competition.

I wont impose on what people want to see but watching Harden go to the line 12 times a game off soft fouls because the rules wont allow you to be physical with him is not basketball.

KobesFinger
07-19-2020, 05:46 AM
If you work in finance, surely you know it's not a good idea to let LeBron and Pippen live in your head rent free?

Lebron23
07-19-2020, 05:52 AM
Any modern sport is better today than in the past. Higher quality, more competitiveness, athletes are more prepared, safer and less room for unfair calls.

Indeed.

Marchesk
07-19-2020, 06:18 AM

There's too much three point shooting and not enough post play. Game could use a little more balance. The Harden Rockets are not an example of more enjoyable game play.

Also, Lebron is just not as aesthetically pleasing.

Marchesk
07-19-2020, 06:20 AM
second one's clearly a carrying violation

Yep, his hand went all the way under the ball. Great shot but damn the NBA is very loose with enforcing some of their rules. And it puts the defense in a difficult spot. Again, it's about balance.

Axe
07-19-2020, 07:02 AM
It's called modern basketball. No more shoving,no more under cutting, no more trying to hurt the opposing team's best player. And the nba allow some physicality every year in the playoffs. And they swallow the whistle in the post season. If you don't like that, you don't like nba basketball
No more dirty plays because they'll call a flagrant foul on you

FireDavidKahn
07-19-2020, 07:28 AM
You've admitted to not having watched the NBA for years so how the hell do you know what basketball is even like let alone have any accurate opinion?

goozeman
07-19-2020, 08:49 AM
NBA should widen the three-point line to get rid of corner threes. Teams would then be able to more safely extend the zone/man and switch without getting beaten by penetration and kicks to the corner. All teams can do now to defend the three is basically switch on everything or live with it, but that really hasn't slowed down the gradual uptick in threes. Eventually that the present rate the game will looking like a halftime shooting drill, even though I think the OP is exaggerating a bit. The league average for threes per game is already close to forty percent and climbing. Remove the corner three and a lot issues get solved without changing any rules.

72-10
07-19-2020, 09:10 AM
[QUOTE=Roundball_Rock;14051209]Not necessarily. Barkley arguably came closest to anyone since Magic in rivaling MJ and he didn't play defense.

Barkley wasn't a great defender, but he did get All-Defensive Team votes. Anyways, Barkley is one of the most versatile offensive players to play, and your one outstanding example notwithstanding, you had to play defense well in that era to be a superstar.

ncrizzle
07-19-2020, 03:43 PM
I feel sorry for anyone who cant enjoy watching the game with the insane amount of talent currently in the league. This is some Get off my lawn type ish

Roundball_Rock
07-19-2020, 04:35 PM
Not necessarily. Barkley arguably came closest to anyone since Magic in rivaling MJ and he didn't play defense.

Barkley wasn't a great defender, but he did get All-Defensive Team votes. Anyways, Barkley is one of the most versatile offensive players to play, and your one outstanding example notwithstanding, you had to play defense well in that era to be a superstar.

Thanks. I didn't realize he got all-D votes. When was that? When he was in Philly?

Lebron23
07-19-2020, 05:12 PM
I feel sorry for anyone who cant enjoy watching the game with the insane amount of talent currently in the league. This is some Get off my lawn type ish

Op is suffering from mid life crisis. Lacks of testosterone is the no.1 reason he trolls in this forum

3ball
07-19-2020, 05:23 PM

If players were actually good at basketball, then I would watch

But they're only good at in-stride layups and threes - aka easier shots than the shots previous eras were good at

So while your eyes see greater talent, I see inferior skill and a format of the game that isn't basketball anymore

But enjoy your "beginner" format league where Kenny Smith would average 26 a game.. I'll never watch it (but still know what's going on more than anyone that does)

Shooter
07-19-2020, 05:25 PM
Op is suffering from mid life crisis. Lacks of testosterone is the no.1 reason he trolls in this forum

I felt bad when he said he was a 50 year old balding guy. It's just a sad life to live in fantasy world when reality surrounds him but he ignores it.

3ball
07-19-2020, 05:28 PM
I felt bad when he said he was a 50 year old balding guy. It's just a sad life to live in fantasy world when reality surrounds him but he ignores it.

You guys are the ones wasting time in front of the TV watching a drill for 3 hours

I have much better things to do

Bronbron23
07-19-2020, 06:55 PM

i kind of get both sides. I personally still love watching the game but i get where some of the frustrations come in. The rules are annoying as hell. Theyve all but killed the physical nature of the game to allow for more offense. Just let them be physical and let them play like men. The world has become so pussified and the nba is no exception. I wish they'd bring the physicality back but i still love it regardless.

Wally450
07-19-2020, 08:47 PM
You guys are the ones wasting time in front of the TV watching a drill for 3 hours

Like post 26,000 times about how Jordan is better than LeBron?

SATAN
07-19-2020, 10:27 PM

Shogon
07-19-2020, 10:31 PM
https://leonardo.osnova.io/939f91b0-1538-af96-d5c6-aa0d25535830/-/resize/900/

ncrizzle
07-19-2020, 11:06 PM
If players were actually good at basketball, then I would watch

But they're only good at in-stride layups and threes - aka easier shots than the shots previous eras were good at

So while your eyes see greater talent, I see inferior skill and a format of the game that isn't basketball anymore

But enjoy your "beginner" format league where Kenny Smith would average 26 a game.. I'll never watch it (but still know what's going on more than anyone that does)

man i just returned to this board after a couple years, but is this guy a legit troll? Pretending there arent good ball players makes you look like a fvkcing clown and no one takes you seriously. You are hating on players for the way the game is played. Do you think Curry had anything to do with hand checking being eliminated? Do you also think QAnon ls legit?

3ball
07-20-2020, 12:23 AM
man i just returned to this board after a couple years, but is this guy a legit troll? Pretending there arent good ball players makes you look like a fvkcing clown and no one takes you seriously. You are hating on players for the way the game is played. Do you think Curry had anything to do with hand checking being eliminated? Do you also think QAnon ls legit?

How many ppg for Curry in the 3 years that he took less than 5 threes per game?

Less than 20 ppg... :facepalm:

He was at this level for THREE STRAIGHT YEARS, aka zero improvement...... Until his 3-point volume jumped up and the game format/rules trended towards marching band spacing and 3-pointer drill... so away from actual basketball

Btw, I just wanted to say that I love this board for being able to post this stuff.. this is the goat board

Round Mound
07-20-2020, 03:25 AM
In this i agree with 3-ball. The game is just purely based on no contact allowed and shooting threes. No shots are contested, no rebounds are contested, less skills are involved and its just a 3-point contest. The game was born without the 3-point line so why not just eliminated it?

ImKobe
07-20-2020, 03:30 AM
Today's game is worse to watch, I think the sport peaked at around mid/late 2000s from a skill standpoint. It's declined quite a bit over the last 10 years, but we still got some players who have that old school mentality.

Uncle Drew
07-20-2020, 04:34 AM
https://cdn.newsapi.com.au/image/v1/49f7469e2062e9febf8693e04b318e9d

oldtimer28
07-20-2020, 04:35 AM
In this i agree with 3-ball. The game is just purely based on no contact allowed and shooting threes. No shots are contested, no rebounds are contested, less skills are involved and its just a 3-point contest. The game was born without the 3-point line so why not just eliminated it?

Agree with you and 3-ball about your OBSERVATIONS but not your CONCLUSIONS.

eg. thread title. Completely different game but still amazing and exciting to watch. I prefer the old days too but maybe that's just because I grew up playing a different game.

Still appreciate the modern game (but the players are spoilt and overpaid no question.)

GimmeThat
07-20-2020, 05:30 AM
a fruity version trumps the watered down drunk/high version

Axe
07-20-2020, 05:31 AM
The 3-point line is mostly just there for higher scoring and thus, more points.

SouBeachTalents
07-20-2020, 02:30 PM
https://thumbs.gfycat.com/RectangularKlutzyIrukandjijellyfish-size_restricted.gif

SATAN
07-20-2020, 10:01 PM

Shooter
07-20-2020, 10:14 PM
https://cdn.newsapi.com.au/image/v1/49f7469e2062e9febf8693e04b318e9d

:roll: :roll: