PDA

View Full Version : Celtics vs Nuggets vs Rockets vs Heat. Which tier 2 team has the best shot?

Clippersfan86
07-21-2020, 03:54 PM
These teams are pretty widely considered to be great teams, very competitive, but a step behind the Bucks/Lakers/Clippers group. Those 3 are favored over the field combined by A LOT. If you had to throw say $500 on one of these teams who do you think has a puncher's chance?

I'm going with the Celtics pretty comfortably. I think their playstyle is most built for the playoffs. They are the best coached team here, with the most depth. Tatum has emerged as a full on superstar, monster two way player. I think this may be the year Tatum has a Kawhi breakout playoff run and just goes off.

What about you? Which tier 2 team do you like most, and who do you see potentially upsetting the top 3 in Orlando?

ArbitraryWater
07-21-2020, 04:02 PM
Heat? What? You haven‘t checked any actual odds right.

Who considers them in that group?

Lion's pride
07-21-2020, 04:04 PM
I am a Boston fan and I wish I could say Boston but the truth is this is a tough question and all four teams have an advantage. But I guess the best answer to this question is it depends on who they get matched up with in the 2nd round

SouBeachTalents
07-21-2020, 04:06 PM
Rockets
Celtics
Nuggets
Heat

insidious301
07-21-2020, 04:06 PM
I trust the Rockets because of the 2 superstar tandem. Any time you have players with that ability, and on the same team, anything is possible. This is a glorified AAU tournament so I can legitimately see Houston running the tables.

ArbitraryWater
07-21-2020, 04:10 PM
OP: The Heat are behind the Raptors, Sixers, and even Jazz as far as favorites / odds go.

HBK_Kliq_2
07-21-2020, 04:13 PM
Nuggets - Jokic isn't good enough to lead a team to title, Murray isn't a good enough sidekick. They will never win anything with this group

Celtics - Tatum is a future superstar but he's still too young

Heat - Same as Nuggets but even worse version

Rockets - This is the only team that should scare you. Harden/Westbrook are capable of averaging 30PPG each for a series. The problem is D'antoni's defensive tactics, Westbrook's inefficient chucking, Harden disappearing in big moments. They have the highest ceiling of the 2nd tier teams but also highest chance of a meltdown.

Clippersfan86
07-21-2020, 04:20 PM
Heat? What? You haven‘t checked any actual odds right.

Who considers them in that group?

I should throw Raptors and Sixers but I didn't want it to be too many teams. Maybe I'll add. I can't edit now but if guys wanna throw in Raptors or someone else go ahead

Clippersfan86
07-21-2020, 04:22 PM
OP: The Heat are behind the Raptors, Sixers, and even Jazz as far as favorites / odds go.

Not basing it on title odds in Vegas at all. I trust the Heat a lot more than the hyper inconsistent Jazz. They have been more consistent this year. Raptors and Sixers can be included.

Akeem34TheDream
07-21-2020, 04:23 PM
I like Nuggets' chances. I think they are similar to Nowitzki led Mavs. A very talented big man that carries the team offensively(but in different ways) paired with defensive big men. I just dont see Clippers losing though.

ArbitraryWater
07-21-2020, 04:39 PM
Not basing it on title odds in Vegas at all. I trust the Heat a lot more than the hyper inconsistent Jazz. They have been more consistent this year. Raptors and Sixers can be included.

Well you said widely considered.

If you make a thread like this, you should at least keep it truthful to what the wideful consideration actually is.

And among fans/bettors and bookies, its what you‘re suggesting.

Clippersfan86
07-21-2020, 04:48 PM
Well you said widely considered.

If you make a thread like this, you should at least keep it truthful to what the wideful consideration actually is.

And among fans/bettors and bookies, its what you‘re suggesting.

I didn't say this is the full next tier right? I selected a handful of teams. I said great teams a step behind the top 3. I never said these were the only teams worthy of the discussion or that it's based on betting odds. I just said which team of these would YOU bet on with your money.

The "widely considered" was clearly about being great teams but not quite tier 1. Nothing I've said is untruthful. It just sounds like you don't agree with the teams.

HBK_Kliq_2
07-21-2020, 04:55 PM
I trust the Rockets because of the 2 superstar tandem. Any time you have players with that ability, and on the same team, anything is possible. This is a glorified AAU tournament so I can legitimately see Houston running the tables.

No home cooking officiating bullshit. How many times have we seen refs swallow their whistles because they don't want to anger the home crowd? That's why with no fans, this will be the best officiated playoff run in NBA history.

ArbitraryWater
07-21-2020, 04:59 PM
I didn't say this is the full next tier right? I selected a handful of teams. I said great teams a step behind the top 3. I never said these were the only teams worthy of the discussion or that it's based on betting odds. I just said which team of these would YOU bet on with your money.

The "widely considered" was clearly about being great teams but not quite tier 1. Nothing I've said is untruthful. It just sounds like you don't agree with the teams.

You listed a bunch of teams and said those were the tier 2 teams.

It doesnt matter. You were wrong. Dont make such a fuss out of it.

Could probably argue Heat arent a tier 2 team this year. They would be most years though.

Clippersfan86
07-21-2020, 05:08 PM
You listed a bunch of teams and said those were the tier 2 teams.

It doesnt matter. You were wrong. Dont make such a fuss out of it.

Could probably argue Heat arent a tier 2 team this year. They would be most years though.

I said they were tier 2 teams, not THE tier 2 teams. Sounds like you're just making controversy of nothing. There is nothing to be "wrong about". I listed 4 tier 2 teams and wanted people to pick out of them. Maybe you just feel like bitching about something, who knows?

HBK_Kliq_2
07-21-2020, 05:19 PM
I said they were tier 2 teams, not THE tier 2 teams. Sounds like you're just making controversy of nothing. There is nothing to be "wrong about". I listed 4 tier 2 teams and wanted people to pick out of them. Maybe you just feel like bitching about something, who knows?

All LeBron fans have been on their periods and bitching lately. They even tried making up that Kawhi is balding. LeBron fans know that doomsday awaits them inside the bubble.

tpols
07-21-2020, 05:28 PM
at a title? Heat are less than 1%. Rockets and Celtics have puncher's chance. I'd probably say Houston overall the best darkhorse.

Roundball_Rock
07-21-2020, 05:28 PM
The Rockets. Superstars win championships and they have two guys who can go off in any given series. This gives them a shot against any team. Can they string it together for four rounds? Probably not but it is possible and if I am the Lakers or Clippers I don't want them in my bracket.

The Rockets also have playoff contention experience. Harden, Westbrook, Gordon, Tucker have all been in the finals and/or the WCF. Butler in Chicago, the Nuggets, and Celtics have all had varying degree of playoff success but none of these teams were major championship contenders in those years. The Rockets and Thunder (for Westbrook) had legit chances to win chips. There is bigger pressure with expectations than as a team that had no real shot. No one cared the Nuggets lost in the WCSF last year or the Celtics lost in 18' in the ECF but the losses Harden, Westbrook were part of is part of their legacy.

Manny98
07-21-2020, 05:29 PM
Rockets
Nuggets
Boston

Miami :lol

Axe
07-21-2020, 07:19 PM
Only the celtics have made b2b cf appearances recently in 2017 & 2018. The others? Not so much.

NBAGOAT
07-21-2020, 08:04 PM
Of ones you listed the rockets. They’re gonna take 50 3s a night so can beat anyone of variance favors them.

Overall I still like Toronto for their defense: yea siakam isn’t reliable as the guy but they have 5 guys who score 16+. At least a few will play well every night

Wally450
07-21-2020, 08:13 PM
Rockets
Celtics
Nuggets
Heat

Agree with this order.

NugzFan
07-21-2020, 09:43 PM
No home cooking officiating bullshit. How many times have we seen refs swallow their whistles because they don't want to anger the home crowd? That's why with no fans, this will be the best officiated playoff run in NBA history.

sounds good to me :rockon: