PDA

View Full Version : Rumor: Glen Taylor, owner of the Wolves exploring selling the team. Offers already.

Clippersfan86
07-21-2020, 04:28 PM
https://twitter.com/soshnick/status/1285671437861367810

Would be great for Minny. According to source he's seeking at least 1.2 billion dollars.

FireDavidKahn
07-21-2020, 05:11 PM
Before people even start...

Thread
See new Tweets
Conversation
Jon Krawczynski
@JonKrawczynski
Glen Taylor to
@TheAthleticMIN
on potential Wolves sale:

"People have inquired who are interested but they want to move the team. They are not a candidate. We’ve made that very clear."

Clippersfan86
07-21-2020, 05:14 PM
Before people even start...

https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania/status/1285684148854820870

KG getting a group together

FireDavidKahn
07-21-2020, 05:16 PM
https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania/status/1285684148854820870

KG getting a group together

Best possible outcome and it'd honestly make dealing with this franchise all worth it up to this point.

But KG and Glen Taylor HATE each other. KG would obviously be a very small minority owner but would be the face. I really doubt Taylor would go for that.

RT @ShamsCharania: NBA/Timberwolves legend Kevin Garnett and a group of investors are seriously interested in and exploring bid for Minnesota T’Wolves from Glen Taylor, sources tell @TheAthleticNBA @Stadium.

God I hope Glen takes that offer. AFter supporting his ass and being loyal to the squad the least he could do is this.

warriorfan
07-21-2020, 08:20 PM
Move the team. No one wants to play in that shit hole.

Kblaze8855
07-21-2020, 08:54 PM
If I had a billion or two and wanted a team in my city that could handle it I’d absolutely lie to the old owner about my plans for it and the city too if I had to. They can call me a liar on local news when we move to ____ and act like they aren’t cheating on their spouses, stealing from work, and so on.

People get so upset about other people’s dishonesty but totally overlook their own.

I pay a billion or assume all that debt or whatever the situation is?

Ill do what I want with it. Call me a thief when 40% of America admits to having shoplifted before. Do you. But My city gets my team. I don’t need to be loved in Minnesota. I can’t even think of a Minnesota native with Prince dead. I assume Jesse Ventura. And I’m sure there’s a list like there’s a list for every state....but I’m good.

Id take my cities love over Minneapolis distant frozen hate. I’m sure it has great places to live like everywhere does....but if I have billionaire money I don’t imagine I’d ever enter the state except to run the team into the ground enough so fans stop caring and it gets me out of my stadium lease which is contingent on local support.

Hell I could probably do that from Montreal or Vegas or Seattle....wherever I was moving it. I’ll ruin your franchise on zoom calls and raise Silvers salary at the next board of governors meeting and hope he greenlights my move.

warriorfan
07-21-2020, 11:07 PM
If I had a billion or two and wanted a team in my city that could handle it I’d absolutely lie to the old owner about my plans for it and the city too if I had to. They can call me a liar on local news when we move to ____ and act like they aren’t cheating on their spouses, stealing from work, and so on.

People get so upset about other people’s dishonesty but totally overlook their own.

Ill do what I want with it. Call me a thief when 40% of America admits to having shoplifted before. Do you. But My city gets my team. I don’t need to be loved in Minnesota. I can’t even think of a Minnesota native with Prince dead. I assume Jesse Ventura. And I’m sure there’s a list like there’s a list for every state....but I’m good.

Id take my cities love over Minneapolis distant frozen hate. I’m sure it has great places to live like everywhere does....but if I have billionaire money I don’t imagine I’d ever enter the state except to run the team into the ground enough so fans stop caring and it gets me out of my stadium lease which is contingent on local support.

Hell I could probably do that from Montreal or Vegas or Seattle....wherever I was moving it. I’ll ruin your franchise on zoom calls and raise Silvers salary at the next board of governors meeting and hope he greenlights my move.

Sounds like a basketball version of the movie Major League. Maybe you could call up Andrew Bynum. Or bring back Marbury for a farewell tour?

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRQVjXGb3KG5aW-wi7g6iX6x9AbqMqIzfavR1bNOOaeZA&s

https://usatftw.files.wordpress.com/2014/04/bynum-2013-12-27-2.png

Edit. They have a basketball reference page for the supposed Andrew Bynum practice from hell with the Cavaliers. :oldlol:

oldtimer28
07-22-2020, 02:30 AM

Like all your posts, except this.

Understand it. Respect you sharing your opinion and see your point, but lying is not good.

oldtimer28
07-22-2020, 02:32 AM
Sounds like a basketball version of the movie Major League. Maybe you could call up Andrew Bynum. Or bring back Marbury for a farewell tour?

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRQVjXGb3KG5aW-wi7g6iX6x9AbqMqIzfavR1bNOOaeZA&s

https://usatftw.files.wordpress.com/2014/04/bynum-2013-12-27-2.png

Edit. They have a basketball reference page for the supposed Andrew Bynum practice from hell with the Cavaliers. :oldlol:

Ha, thought of major league the movie also. Get Rodman back as the Wild Thing.

GimmeThat
07-22-2020, 02:54 AM
the ex senate members tactic of selling out-dated military equipments to other countries for a profit might not serve him as well in the business world.

thread wreaked of bad tippers and no cherry on top.

Uncle Drew
07-22-2020, 04:23 AM
Seattle here we come.

FireDavidKahn
07-22-2020, 12:51 PM
Sounds like the Wilfs (owners of the Vikings) are seriously considering throwing their name into the ring. That'd be terrific news as they are amazing owners when it comes to running the Vikings.