PDA

View Full Version : LAKERS NEWS: Kuzma is DOMINATING since Lakers have been practicing.

AirTupac
07-21-2020, 06:33 PM
Get ready for unleashed playoff Kuz and Dion da GAWD.

L8krH8tr
07-21-2020, 06:36 PM
Get ready for Kawhi to shut you up and make you disappear for good you desperate lonely weirdo.

StrongLurk
07-21-2020, 07:35 PM
Lakers probably have the lowest IQ team in the league.

Axe
07-21-2020, 07:57 PM
Taking this with a grain of salt. Let's see how well he'll actually fare in the playoffs first.

SATAN
07-21-2020, 08:26 PM
"dominating in spurts"

AirBonner
07-21-2020, 08:28 PM
Op never talks about Brandon Ingraham anymore

Clippersfan86
07-21-2020, 08:49 PM
Kuzma was hyped by LeBron and the Lakers ad nauseum all summer. He responded with 28% shooting from 3, terrible defense and more inconsistency than ever before. We don't even know if this guy is an NBA player long term TBH. Lakers were DUMB for coveting him over Ball/Ingram. Then again the Lakers FO isn't exactly known to be smart to begin with.

NBAGOAT
07-21-2020, 08:53 PM
Kuzma was hyped by LeBron and the Lakers ad nauseum all summer. He responded with 28% shooting from 3, terrible defense and more inconsistency than ever before. We don't even know if this guy is an NBA player long term TBH. Lakers were DUMB for coveting him over Ball/Ingram. Then again the Lakers FO isn't exactly known to be smart to begin with.

was definitely in favor of them keeping lonzo. Seems like they valued kuz's cheap contract to make free agency moves but it didnt work out

insidious301
07-21-2020, 08:58 PM
Kuzma is the definite XFACTOR for the Lakers. If he's hitting jumpers with AD and Davis still playing at superstar level, I would say good luck to everyone. I do not like the Laker defense on the perimeter though. is there any word on Avery Bradley? The last I heard was him refusing to play.

Axe
07-21-2020, 09:09 PM
Kuzma is the definite XFACTOR for the Lakers. If he's hitting jumpers with AD and Davis still playing at superstar level, I would say good luck to everyone. I do not like the Laker defense on the perimeter though.
I doubt that. He also needs to play more at a consistent level because every time he screws up, they blame him too often. It's one reason why the lakers are threatening to trade him up for the other teams back then.

Clippersfan86
07-21-2020, 09:11 PM
Kuzma is a young Jeff Green. He will randomly go off in a big game and win it for you... Then have 10 games in a row of terrible mediocrity on both ends.

RRR3
07-21-2020, 09:15 PM
Kuzma has a -3.5 BPM :roll:

“Dominating”

insidious301
07-21-2020, 09:34 PM
Kuzma is the definite XFACTOR for the Lakers. If he's hitting jumpers with AD and Davis still playing at superstar level, I would say good luck to everyone. I do not like the Laker defense on the perimeter though. is there any word on Avery Bradley? The last I heard was him refusing to play.

What I meant to say was Lebron and Davis.

I doubt that. He also needs to play more at a consistent level because every time he screws up, they blame him too often. It's one reason why the lakers are threatening to trade him up for the other teams back then.

If Kuzma can get something consistent going, the Lakers will have no problem on offense. Exactly why he is an xfactor. Even without Kuzma, offense shouldn't be a big problem. Was saying this earlier but I also dont trust that perimeter defense. An older Rondo and no Bradley is what you should be doubting.

Tobio-Star
07-21-2020, 11:49 PM

I would trust Kuzma more than PG in the playoffs tho

Tobio-Star
07-21-2020, 11:50 PM
Based on the latest footage, Cook seems pretty good and Dion is terrific on offense

If you add Kuzma to this, poor Clippers :(

Tobio-Star
07-21-2020, 11:59 PM
People were initially doubting Bradley saying that he is washed, hasnt done nothing since 2-3 years etc. (even tho the coach clearly said that he impressed during the workouts)

Now that he is gone its almost like he was the team's best player...

So yeah this is very good news for Kuzma :rockon:

Axe
07-22-2020, 12:03 AM
People were initially doubting Bradley saying that he is washed, hasnt done nothing since 2-3 years etc. (even tho the coach clearly said that he impressed during the workouts)

Now that he is gone its almost like he was the team's best player...

So yeah this is very good news for Kuzma :rockon:
Lmao kuzma would have been exceptional if this was a beauty pageant but sadly this a team sport were talking about

Clippersfan86
07-22-2020, 12:04 AM
I would trust Kuzma more than PG in the playoffs tho

Kuzma is a huge negative on both ends in nearly every metric. He's never been in the playoffs. Not sure how you'd come to this conclusion, besides trying to puff yourself up to FEEL safer about that matchup?

DoctorP
07-22-2020, 12:08 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eGDBR2L5kzI

Axe
07-22-2020, 12:09 AM
Kuzma is a huge negative on both ends in nearly every metric. He's never been in the playoffs. Not sure how you'd come to this conclusion, besides trying to puff yourself up to FEEL safer about that matchup?
These guys already hype him too much when he still has a lot to prove

Clippersfan86
07-22-2020, 12:12 AM
These guys already hype him too much when he still has a lot to prove

I mean PG isn't some great playoff performer like Lebron or Kawhi, don't get me wrong. He's still an elite 2nd option caliber guy on a title contender and as pointed out by others he's still basically a 25/5/5 type guy on decent efficiency in his prime for the playoffs. He's not a guy you can count on to be THE guy as much, but with Kawhi on the team we don't need that. We just need him to hit 3's, get to the line and help defend.

Tobio-Star
07-22-2020, 12:17 AM

In the last games he played he was solid defensively and like you said hes never been in the playoffs so he has the benefit of the doubt while PG literally ALWAYS choke in the playoffs since his leg injury.

In OKC he was bragging about Playoff P before getting carried by Westbrick and lose to a rookie led team

Tobio-Star
07-22-2020, 12:22 AM
Kawhi is gonna get locked up like the previous match up so almost everything will be on PGs shoulder and we all know what happens when PG is the 1st option...

Clippersfan86
07-22-2020, 12:23 AM
In the last games he played he was solid defensively and like you said hes never been in the playoffs so he has the benefit of the doubt while PG literally ALWAYS choke in the playoffs since his leg injury.

In OKC he was bragging about Playoff P before getting carried by Westbrick and lose to a rookie led team

from 2014-2019 PG's playoff averages are.... 26 ppg, 7.5 rpg, 5 apg, 1.5+ spg. That's on 42/37/85 shooting splits. A bit less efficient than his usual... but I mean comon. You guys act like he's been trash LMAO. Also there is ZERO question that last year PG was the best player on the Thunder, in the regular season and playoffs. Russ even treated him like the go to player in the playoffs. Again, PG isn't a great playoff performer by superstar/perennial star standards, but he's very good, especially ideally as a 2nd option.

Tobio-Star
07-22-2020, 12:29 AM
from 2014-2019 PG's playoff averages are.... 26 ppg, 7.5 rpg, 5 apg, 1.5+ spg. That's on 42/37/85 shooting splits. A bit less efficient than his usual... but I mean comon. You guys act like he's been trash LMAO. Also there is ZERO question that last year PG was the best player on the Thunder, in the regular season and playoffs. Russ even treated him like the go to player in the playoffs. Again, PG isn't a great playoff performer by superstar/perennial star standards, but he's very good, especially ideally as a 2nd option.

Prepare yourself to be disappointed. As for me Ill have to see it to believe it (and I say that as a Thunder fan)

light
07-22-2020, 12:38 AM
Kuzma essentially had an offseason to grow and get back to where he was before he got injured with Team USA.

He should be a better player.

Clippersfan86
07-22-2020, 12:39 AM
Prepare yourself to be disappointed. As for me Ill have to see it to believe it (and I say that as a Thunder fan)

You are a Thunder fan, yet you weren't aware he was your best player last year? I kinda question that kind of analysis man. PG has had a couple really disappointing series. Most notably the Jazz series two years ago and last year vs Portland. Thing is you can't form sweeping generalizations for a couple bad series. I'm not saying the guy can be your go to in winning a title. I'm saying as a #2 he's about as good as it gets when he's playing well.

Axe
07-22-2020, 12:41 AM
I mean PG isn't some great playoff performer like Lebron or Kawhi, don't get me wrong. He's still an elite 2nd option caliber guy on a title contender and as pointed out by others he's still basically a 25/5/5 type guy on decent efficiency in his prime for the playoffs. He's not a guy you can count on to be THE guy as much, but with Kawhi on the team we don't need that. We just need him to hit 3's, get to the line and help defend.
Pg has been an all-star, mip and has been included in the all-nba 1st team already. Also led the league in steals last year and way back then, pushed the 2013 heat to 7 games during the ecf with hibbert, which happened in his third year with the pacers. And in 2014, that team made its second ecf appearance in a row. I'm not sure if kuzma can somehow replicate them for the good of his team.

Axe
07-22-2020, 12:43 AM

Kyle kuzma has never led the lakers to the playoffs in the last decade but pg did so with the pacers

Marchesk
07-22-2020, 02:28 AM
Kyle kuzma has never led the lakers to the playoffs in the last decade but pg did so with the pacers

Kuzma has been in the league for 10 years? :confusedshrug:

Axe
07-22-2020, 02:31 AM
Kuzma has been in the league for 10 years? :confusedshrug:
Hey I wasn't implying that. :oldlol:

I should have said ever since he was drafted in 2017, which was in the last decade, he hasn't led the lakers on his own alone.

ImKobe
07-22-2020, 03:29 AM

Lakers weren't going to get AD without giving up both Ingram and Ball. Kuzma got injured prior to the season so he was at a disadvantage from the start and it took a while before he was able to play consistent minutes, he got injured again at some point.

As inconsistent as he's been shooting-wise, he did kind of find his role prior to the season being suspended, that Clippers win is a great example. He was hustling on the boards and playing great defense, that's the version of Kuzma we need in the POs.

Uncle Drew
07-22-2020, 04:18 AM
Kuzma is the forward version of Jordan Clarkson, straight garbage. If he somehow disappeared the Lakers would get better. Addition by subtraction.

GimmeThat
07-22-2020, 04:49 AM
he's been putting up better numbers on the road this season, so he'll probably adjust well to whatever errors the coaching staff missed out on.

RoseCity07
07-22-2020, 04:52 AM
Just stop with the hype. That guy isn't dominating anyone. He's a roll player and always will be.

Axe
07-22-2020, 04:53 AM
Just stop with the hype. That guy isn't dominating anyone. He's a roll player and always will be.
:cheers:

ImKobe
07-22-2020, 05:03 AM
Kuzma is the forward version of Jordan Clarkson, straight garbage. If he somehow disappeared the Lakers would get better. Addition by subtraction.

Not true. JC couldn't rebound or play defense to save his life, Kuzma at least shows flashes on that end. JC was completely useless when he had an off night.

Lebron23
07-22-2020, 05:57 AM
He just needs to be more consistent.

insidehoops
07-22-2020, 08:41 PM
Would be good for the Lakers to have a clear 3rd scoring option. Ideally it would be Kuzma -- consistently, that is.

L8krH8tr
07-22-2020, 08:45 PM
Would be good for the Lakers to have a clear 3rd scoring option. Ideally it would be Kuzma -- consistently, that is.

would be good if you could just stick to administrating and moderating instead of your worthless NBA analysis.

Axe
07-22-2020, 08:47 PM
would be good if you could just stick to administrating and moderating instead of your worthless NBA analysis.
:roll:

insidehoops
07-22-2020, 08:47 PM

Whether that's true or not, it also would be good if Kyle Kuzma was a more consistent 3rd scoring option going forward.

AirBonner
07-22-2020, 08:50 PM
Whether that's true or not, it also would be good if Kyle Kuzma was a more consistent 3rd scoring option going forward.

ISH baby! ISH fo life :rockon:

Shooter
07-22-2020, 10:06 PM
ISH baby! ISH fo life :rockon:

+1 Bingo :rockon: