PDA

View Full Version : Should we change the name to covid-99 since 99% live?

Shooter
07-22-2020, 08:09 PM
99% success rate

"Imagine a virus that is so dangerous you have to be tested to even know if you have it."

Doomsday Dallas
07-22-2020, 08:12 PM
you have to be tested to even know if you have it

Good Point.

Axe
07-22-2020, 08:17 PM
:oldlol:

coin24
07-22-2020, 08:18 PM
99% of people's immune system beat this naturally. But yeah, we need a vaccine or we're all doomed!!

Axe
07-22-2020, 08:23 PM
Only bran is needed to kill this so-called flu

~primetime~
07-22-2020, 08:50 PM
https://www.sciencealert.com/images/2020-06/5ef234caf34d051bc821d0d8.png

Patrick Chewing
07-22-2020, 08:54 PM
https://media0.giphy.com/media/3owzW9EZI8M3sz9s5O/giphy.gif

warriorfan
07-22-2020, 09:00 PM

**** em.

Are we really going to shut down the world to save a few 85+ year olds that are living a somewhat miserable life already? Do them a favor and let them pass. I’m being serious.

If we had a choice to save 5,000 80 year olds in nursing homes or 2,500 30 year olds....What would the choice be?

Families with young children getting hurt by the economical side is far more destructive then a few already sickly and elderly people passing. Old people get sick and die. This is life. Pointless to shut down life as we know it for everyone in order to protect a few that already got to live their long lives.

Open things back up. If you have a small child then stay home or take extra precautions. If you are 85 years old too bad. Get over it or die. That’s life.

Cleverness
07-22-2020, 09:05 PM
**** em.

Are we really going to shut down the world to save a few 85+ year olds that are living a somewhat miserable life already? Do them a favor and let them pass. I’m being serious.

If we had a choice to save 5,000 80 year olds in nursing homes or 2,500 30 year olds....What would the choice be?

Families with young children getting hurt by the economical side is far more destructive then a few already sickly and elderly people passing. Old people get sick and die. This is life. Pointless to shut down life as we know it for everyone in order to protect a few that already got to live their long lives.

Open things back up. If you have a small child then stay home or take extra precautions. If you are 85 years old too bad. Get over it or die. That’s life.

Don't waste your time.

He's comparing flu IFR to COVID-19 CFR, two totally different metrics. If we compared flu CFR, flu would be much much greater. CFR a stupid comparison though, so him posting this just shows a complete misunderstanding of the data. (Thanks WHO!)

imdaman99
07-22-2020, 09:42 PM
Imagine thinking killing 1% of the population is OK. It's all fun and games and trolling until you lose someone you love/know.

Shooter
07-22-2020, 09:45 PM
Imagine thinking killing 1% of the population is OK. It's all fun and games and trolling until you lose someone you love/know.

Imagine thinking destroying 99% of the economy and someone's wealth and well-being and happiness is a better solution :lol

Like what? Trolling?

imdaman99
07-22-2020, 09:49 PM
Imagine thinking destroying 99% of the economy and someone's wealth and well-being and happiness is a better solution :lol

Like what? Trolling?

Well, I got a feeling the people not social distancing are not exactly the people getting tested the next day. I was at Steinway a popular hookah spot in NY, and it was like a party outside lol. I don't agree with shutting down everything but I don't agree with opening everything up either. Phases is the right way. I know plenty of people that won't go back to work because they make more with unemployment :facepalm meanwhile they will play basketball with a bunch of strangers. So it's not their health they're worried about.

warriorfan
07-22-2020, 09:52 PM
Well, I got a feeling the people not social distancing are not exactly the people getting tested the next day. I was at Steinway a popular hookah spot in NY, and it was like a party outside lol. I don't agree with shutting down everything but I don't agree with opening everything up either. Phases is the right way. I know plenty of people that won't go back to work because they make more with unemployment :facepalm meanwhile they will play basketball with a bunch of strangers. So it's not their health they're worried about.

Admit it. You are being selfish and are scared and want to control everyone else based off those personal feelings.

You are being a huge asshole.

warriorfan
07-22-2020, 09:54 PM
Don't waste your time.

He's comparing flu IFR to COVID-19 CFR, two totally different metrics. If we compared flu CFR, flu would be much much greater. CFR a stupid comparison though, so him posting this just shows a complete misunderstanding of the data. (Thanks WHO!)

Thank you for the clarification. The numbers seemed a little off...Just more manipulated statistics to push an agenda... some things never change.

imdaman99
07-22-2020, 09:59 PM
Admit it. You are being selfish and are scared and want to control everyone else based off those personal feelings.

No, I don't need to see more people die because someone doesn't wanna put a mask on. I have lost 2 uncles already. I didn't know them much but it hurt knowing how much it upset my mom. She wouldn't even get on video chat with me for days because she didn't want me seeing her like that. It's a helpless feeling dude. If that makes me selfish, so be it. For the record, I'm not afraid because I live alone. I can't harm anyone because I'm not meeting up with my friends anytime soon. Plus I'm in good shape, I'm back to ballin :confusedshrug:

~primetime~
07-22-2020, 10:08 PM

Like what? Trolling?

Imagine thinking 99% of the economy is destroyed right now.

The shut down is over... at this point you're just whining

Shooter
07-22-2020, 10:14 PM
COVID-99 :lol

Shoooooterrr got these bois spinnin

~primetime~
07-22-2020, 10:14 PM
**** em.

^^^ this is why older conservatives (most of them) are jumping ship

Trump knows this and is trying to make masks "patritoic"...it won't work...his side took the wrong side of the covid debate...the side that doesn't care about old/weak people

~primetime~
07-22-2020, 10:15 PM
COVID-99 :lol

Shoooooterrr got these bois spinnin

did you forget to log in as your alt? lol

Norcaliblunt
07-22-2020, 10:30 PM
If you buy pasteurized products such as milk, juice or practically everything on a supermarket shelf then you support this bullshit system that uses scare tactics to take away people’s liberties and right to be healthy. You’ve been buying this bunk hysteria for years.

Patrick Chewing
07-22-2020, 10:33 PM

You have it all twisted man. You think that because we don’t think like you and lap up the same fear-mongering bullshit, that we somehow don’t care about the amount of people who have lost their lives. Our problem has always been the reaction to this and how we all overreacted to it. How the hell do you shut down a country and tell businesses to close their doors?? It’s insane.

Patrick Chewing
07-22-2020, 10:35 PM
^^^ this is why older conservatives (most of them) are jumping ship

Trump knows this and is trying to make masks "patritoic"...it won't work...his side took the wrong side of the covid debate...the side that doesn't care about old/weak people

Trump will win again in a bigger landslide than in 2016. I’m sorry if you are unable to come to that realization. I will pray for you. And then laugh at all of you on Election Night.

Patrick Chewing
07-22-2020, 10:36 PM
Imagine thinking 99% of the economy is destroyed right now.

The shut down is over... at this point you're just whining

Are you aware of how many businesses have folded since this happened?

Axe
07-22-2020, 10:38 PM
His alts/dups are actually still in jail right now lmao :oldlol:

~primetime~
07-22-2020, 10:42 PM
Not 99% of them

bladefd
07-22-2020, 10:57 PM
**** em.

Things are already open in most states. Those states just require masks though.

The goalposts have moved from "stop keeping everything shutdown" to "don't require masks because they don't work." Get with the program already!

Patrick Chewing
07-22-2020, 11:00 PM
Not 99% of them

Yes thankfully my business has remained open and I have a No Mask policy. I see a mask, I show you the door.

~primetime~
07-22-2020, 11:03 PM
Yes thankfully my business has remained open and I have a No Mask policy. I see a mask, I show you the door.

Why on earth would you get triggered by another human wearing a mask? :facepalm

Would it make you feel better if they spit in your mouth? I bet some would do that for you...

Patrick Chewing
07-22-2020, 11:05 PM
Why on earth would you get triggered by another human wearing a mask? :facepalm

Would it make you feel better if they spit in your mouth? I bet some would do that for you...

Did people spit in each other’s mouths before the masks? What an odd thing to say.

iamgine
07-22-2020, 11:05 PM
Just wear mask and social distance. There's no need to shut down and destroy the economy.

~primetime~
07-22-2020, 11:06 PM
Did people spit in each other’s mouths before the masks? What an odd thing to say.

almost as odd as kicking people out of your business for wearing a mask and trying to keep their spit away from you...you must love spit

Shooter
07-22-2020, 11:18 PM
His alts/dups are actually still in jail right now lmao :oldlol:

https://media1.tenor.com/images/6153e8e76fffaefae65a526416c9c852/tenor.gif?itemid=16217022

coin24
07-22-2020, 11:21 PM
What a surprise, the two resident recluse losers blade and prime crying about masks.. 99% recover from this shit, how can anyone justify people losing their business, homes, jobs etc..

bladefd
07-22-2020, 11:21 PM
Trump will win again in a bigger landslide than in 2016. I’m sorry if you are unable to come to that realization. I will pray for you. And then laugh at all of you on Election Night.

Bigger landslide? :oldlol:

Have you seen how desperate he has been getting lately?? He even began wearing a mask now when in front of cameras, changed his tune on covid after months of downplaying, fired and replaced his campaign manager in mid-July (pretty much unheard of right before an election), even has his big fan Kanye West running in some states to take away black votes from Biden. He also began a campaign trashing absentee ballots, claiming illegals fill them out + people vote multiple times + ballots are made in China/elsewhere & shipped to America. What's he going to do/say next?

4pointshot
07-22-2020, 11:51 PM
99% success rate

"Imagine a virus that is so dangerous that its infectivity peaks before you know you have it"

Fixed

Are you aware of how many businesses fail in normal times? Half don't last five years. Maybe we should do them a favor and kill them off early? Why should we let people die just to save businesses that are going to fail, anyway?

Why? Does wearing a mask interfere with the work required? What other reason would you have?

If you buy pasteurized products such as milk, juice or practically everything on a supermarket shelf then you support this bullshit system that uses scare tactics to take away people’s liberties and right to be healthy. You’ve been buying this bunk hysteria for years.

You believe drinking pasteurized milk is unhealthy? You think mold and bacteria are healthier than preservatives?

Patrick Chewing
07-23-2020, 12:23 AM
Bigger landslide? :oldlol:

Have you seen how desperate he has been getting lately?? He even began wearing a mask now when in front of cameras, changed his tune on covid after months of downplaying, fired and replaced his campaign manager in mid-July (pretty much unheard of right before an election), even has his big fan Kanye West running in some states to take away black votes from Biden. He also began a campaign trashing absentee ballots, claiming illegals fill them out + people vote multiple times + ballots are made in China/elsewhere & shipped to America. What's he going to do/say next?

You live in a fantasy land, bro. Trump has never had to be "desperate" for anything. He's the anti-Liberal. And in case you haven't noticed, the Liberals have gone insane and have become more radical and more anti-American than ever before.

So no, Trump doesn't have to become "desperate". It's Biden who has become desperate by appealing to Muslims all of a sudden and for the first time ever I believe, he just flat out called Trump a racist. He's catering to the lowest common denominator of voters, which are those radical Libs who carry on with their pathetic existences by acting out their emotions on every single little thing.

Yeah, no sane American is voting for Biden.

Patrick Chewing
07-23-2020, 12:26 AM
Are you aware of how many businesses fail in normal times? Half don't last five years. Maybe we should do them a favor and kill them off early? Why should we let people die just to save businesses that are going to fail, anyway?

What a stupid and backwards observation.

Not as many fail as when you force non-essential businesses to close nationwide for weeks and in some cases months. For ****s sake some of you are just out there mentally.

n00bie
07-23-2020, 12:35 AM
**** em.

The world was trying to destroy the virus for good with the lock downs. Didn't work because there were too many selfish entitled people in the world. So now the virus will just be around forever like the flu.

If only we all acted like the CCP for just 2 months. This shit would have been over with already.

Even if there is a vaccine for this, many will still die. The virus mutates and we develop a new vaccine every year trying to play catch up.

So when we look back at this, we had an opportunity to stop a deadlier version of the flu from existing. But 2 months of a proper lockdown plus face masks were just too much for us to handle.

Maybe when some of us are in our 60s and gets sick from this we will realize how stupid we were. We'll lose the last 20 years of our lives watching our grand kids grow up because we couldnt take a couple months of no freedom.

TheMan
07-23-2020, 12:35 AM

lol

coin24
07-23-2020, 12:40 AM
The world was trying to destroy the virus for good with the lock downs. Didn't work because there were too many selfish entitled people in the world. So now the virus will just be around forever like the flu.

If only we all acted like the CCP for just 2 months. This shit would have been over with already.

Even if there is a vaccine for this, many will still die. The virus mutates and we develop a new vaccine every year trying to play catch up.

So when we look back at this, we had an opportunity to stop a deadlier version of the flu from existing. But 2 months of a proper lockdown plus face masks were just too much for us to handle.

Maybe when some of us are in our 60s and gets sick from this we will realize how stupid we were. We'll lose the last 20 years of our lives watching our grand kids grow up because we couldnt take a couple months of no freedom.

A vaccine for something that 99% of people's immune systems beat by itself?

Patrick Chewing
07-23-2020, 12:44 AM
Weren't there a few governors that wanted to keep their states shut down till a vaccine was discovered??

Insanity. Liberals = Insane

Vote Republican in 2020.

https://ih1.redbubble.net/image.979508960.3673/st,small,507x507-pad,600x600,f8f8f8.jpg

Norcaliblunt
07-23-2020, 12:45 AM
You believe drinking pasteurized milk is unhealthy? You think mold and bacteria are healthier than preservatives?

Yes and it’s a fact.

SATAN
07-23-2020, 12:48 AM

If you don't see the irony in this statement it's quite absurd. Politics has rotted many of your minds.

SATAN
07-23-2020, 12:48 AM
Weren't there a few governors that wanted to keep their states shut down till a vaccine was discovered??

Insanity. Liberals = Insane

Vote Republican in 2020.

https://ih1.redbubble.net/image.979508960.3673/st,small,507x507-pad,600x600,f8f8f8.jpg

cringe :facepalm

n00bie
07-23-2020, 12:49 AM
A vaccine for something that 99% of people's immune systems beat by itself?

It's not 99% when you get up there in age. :facepalm

coin24
07-23-2020, 01:34 AM

Yeah over 80. And what a great quality of life those people in nursing homes have. Is that really your argument for ruining people's and young families lives?

bladefd
07-23-2020, 02:41 AM
You live in a fantasy land, bro. Trump has never had to be "desperate" for anything. He's the anti-Liberal. And in case you haven't noticed, the Liberals have gone insane and have become more radical and more anti-American than ever before.

So no, Trump doesn't have to become "desperate". It's Biden who has become desperate by appealing to Muslims all of a sudden and for the first time ever I believe, he just flat out called Trump a racist. He's catering to the lowest common denominator of voters, which are those radical Libs who carry on with their pathetic existences by acting out their emotions on every single little thing.

Yeah, no sane American is voting for Biden.

That's the problem. He always had everything handed to him.. He never had to work or fight for anything in his life. It's not the case here. He conned his way in 2016 as an outsider x-factor claiming he would get the swamp out, but he is no longer that outsider x-factor. He drove the deficit up quite a bit beyond a trillion. People saw he is the very swamp he said he would get rid of and everyone saw he is a con-artist, but his fans aka Trumpeters like you did not even realize it. You would get on your knees and lick his dirty shoes if he told you to. It's sad tbh.

coin24
07-23-2020, 03:40 AM
Blade TDS what else is new

4pointshot
07-23-2020, 03:50 AM
What a stupid and backwards observation.

Not as many fail as when you force non-essential businesses to close nationwide for weeks and in some cases months. For ****s sake some of you are just out there mentally.

As with Trump, parody totally fails you. You aren’t capable of understanding it.

You live in a fantasy land, bro. Trump has never had to be "desperate" for anything.

Except for the things that really matter. As his niece understands. Being a greedy materialistic asshole is his way of compensating.

It would be a waste of time trying to explain to you what it's like not to have the slightest interest in being a billionaire, because there are other things that Trump doesn't have the remotest clue of, which are for more worthwhile. The claim that he's had "everything" reveals such a poverty of experience. He's had very little.

He's the anti-Liberal. And in case you haven't noticed, the Liberals have gone insane and have become more radical and more anti-American than ever before.

You mean, since he decided to run for President, and the Republican nomination was the only one available.

He's catering to the lowest common denominator of voters…who carry on with their pathetic existences by acting out their emotions on every single little thing.

A perfect description of Trump, actually.

I'm still waiting for a Trump supporter to name a single positive accomplishment of his term. Don't say the economy, because even before the pandemic emerged, it was booming only because he goosed it with deficits that any Democrat would have been roasted for, and by gutting health and safety regulations, a move that has actually resulted in more sickness and death than C19. And it's not mostly confined to the elderly.

imdaman99
07-23-2020, 09:56 AM
4pointshot :eek:

https://media.tenor.com/images/d05b586aa7ad2c573672ed64a162bee8/tenor.gif

~primetime~
07-23-2020, 10:05 AM
We should also change Sept 9/11 to 99.999/11...because 99.999% of the population LIVED through it

warriorfan
07-23-2020, 10:15 AM
We should also change Sept 9/11 to 99.999/11...because 99.999% of the population LIVED through it

We made the same mistake once so it’s okay to make it again!

Some high iq stuff right there, chief.

RRR3
07-23-2020, 10:19 AM
Bro you eat raw meat that’s severely unhealthy and could kill you. Agree the system sucks though.

Patrick Chewing
07-23-2020, 10:26 AM
As with Trump, parody totally fails you. You aren’t capable of understanding it.

Except for the things that really matter. As his niece understands. Being a greedy materialistic asshole is his way of compensating.

It would be a waste of time trying to explain to you what it's like not to have the slightest interest in being a billionaire, because there are other things that Trump doesn't have the remotest clue of, which are for more worthwhile. The claim that he's had "everything" reveals such a poverty of experience. He's had very little.

You mean, since he decided to run for President, and the Republican nomination was the only one available.

A perfect description of Trump, actually.

I'm still waiting for a Trump supporter to name a single positive accomplishment of his term. Don't say the economy, because even before the pandemic emerged, it was booming only because he goosed it with deficits that any Democrat would have been roasted for, and by gutting health and safety regulations, a move that has actually resulted in more sickness and death than C19. And it's not mostly confined to the elderly.

I'm glad it was parody and you actually didn't hold that asinine stance. Good parody. Fooled me. And that rarely happens. I'll be keeping an eye on you.

RRR3
07-23-2020, 10:28 AM
Chewy won’t let people wear masks in his store. Dude WANTS covid to spread. :biggums:

Patrick Chewing
07-23-2020, 10:31 AM
Chewy won’t let people wear masks in his store. Dude WANTS covid to spread. :biggums:

Yes. I can't see their face. I can't understand what they're saying half the time. To me, they pose a threat. I can't tell if I'm looking at an attractive woman or not. So I'm not sure whether to pursue with my sexual advances or not. Very, very frustrating.

imdaman99
07-23-2020, 10:33 AM

The guy has become unhinged. He was literally posting links to masks a few months back and he was excited as hell to wear one. Just goes to show you how politics ruin everything.

Shooter
07-23-2020, 10:34 AM

I think he just wants people to have the choice to do either or.

https://s6.gifyu.com/images/separator-light1378072ed9159071.gif

I think people are under estimating the negative effects of covid-19 shutdowns. Some don't realize the number of people that have lost jobs or faced other hardships either because they are in denial or they don't care about a prospering country because they hate the country. How can you support a country you hate? That's the problem.

KD7
07-23-2020, 10:40 AM
A person 80+ have already passed the average life expectancy, they're suspectible to dying from literally anything even the common cold

RRR3
07-23-2020, 10:41 AM
Yes. I can't see their face. I can't understand what they're saying half the time. To me, they pose a threat. I can't tell if I'm looking at an attractive woman or not. So I'm not sure whether to pursue with my sexual advances or not. Very, very frustrating.
Bro, all I’m saying is considering you’re in your seventies, it’s probably a good idea to have customers wear a mask.

~primetime~
07-23-2020, 10:44 AM
a 1% death rate is actually a LOT...that's a hell of a lot more than seasonal flu

1% of the US population is 3 million + people

also, people put too much focus into 'rates'...150,000 people have died (young people in there too)...and it really shouldn't matter at what 'rate' they were killed in relation to the rest of us

at the end of all this, all that will matter is total dead

Patrick Chewing
07-23-2020, 10:55 AM
Bro, all I’m saying is considering you’re in your seventies, it’s probably a good idea to have customers wear a mask.

Most customers take their masks off when they see that I'm not wearing it. I'm a one-man operation anyway, so I usually stand far apart from them. I have my office way in the back where I usually have a hooker or two.

I have hand sanitizer on the counter and a little Jesus statue. My store is safe from the evils of the outside world.

msbutthurt
07-23-2020, 11:18 AM
At least we can cook masks for dinner if Biden becomes president.

https://www.wect.com/resizer/n97A62MoKRXbUwi1LDtOMvHPN8U=/1200x0/cloudfront-us-east-1.images.arcpublishing.com/raycom/IRMC6ORTSFBYHGPDSEWQIAZ6TI.JPG

After I checkout at stores, I'm going to start throwing my mask on the floor and leave the store without a mask.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FO2Abp0FbA0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9rK7qd2dWHI

bladefd
07-23-2020, 01:36 PM
To put the numbers into perspective..

Number of US deaths in all of 2017 by leading causes (bold denotes what covid-19 has passed in just 18 weeks):

Heart disease: 647,457
Cancer: 599,108
Accidents (unintentional injuries): 169,936
Chronic lower respiratory diseases: 160,201
Stroke (cerebrovascular diseases): 146,383
Alzheimer’s disease: 121,404
Diabetes: 83,564
Influenza and Pneumonia: 55,672
Nephritis, nephrotic syndrome and nephrosis: 50,633
Intentional self-harm (suicide): 47,173https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/fastats/leading-causes-of-death.htm

Within next 2.5 weeks, it is passing chronic lower respiratory diseases and accidents. In just bit over 5 months.

inb4 "covid-19 numbers are fake"..

AirBonner
07-23-2020, 01:40 PM

Number of US deaths in all of 2017 by leading causes (bold denotes what covid-19 has passed in just 18 weeks):
https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/fastats/leading-causes-of-death.htm

Within next 2.5 weeks, it is passing chronic lower respiratory diseases and accidents. In just bit over 5 months.
Too many unreliable counts. Not to mention heart disease didn’t just stop it’s being counted as covid

tpols
07-23-2020, 01:43 PM

you just proved the point. Way more people die from other diseases than covid. And that's on top of the fact that theyre goosing the numbers and counting old people who die from a million different ailments, all as COVID.

Andrei89
07-23-2020, 01:48 PM
you just proved the point. Way more people die from other diseases than covid. And that's on top of the fact that theyre goosing the numbers and counting old people who die from a million different ailments, all as COVID.

100x more people died during Corona than the 9/11 attacks. But you made a huge deal about that one, freedom and whatnot :lol

AirBonner
07-23-2020, 01:49 PM
100x more people died during Corona than the 9/11 attacks. But you made a huge deal about that one, freedom and whatnot :lol

As well as the regular flu yet you didn’t care before

falc39
07-23-2020, 01:50 PM
a 1% death rate is actually a LOT...that's a hell of a lot more than seasonal flu

1% of the US population is 3 million + people

also, people put too much focus into 'rates'...150,000 people have died (young people in there too)...and it really shouldn't matter at what 'rate' they were killed in relation to the rest of us

at the end of all this, all that will matter is total dead

Also, focusing on deaths just tells part of the story. There is still a lot we don’t know about the virus and how it can affect the body long-term. No one ever talks about that much here but even if you do survive it and have a bad experience, would most people be ok with long-term or permanent damage to organs? My guess would be no. Looking at graphs and stats wont be able to tell you this.

bladefd
07-23-2020, 02:05 PM
Also, focusing on deaths just tells part of the story. There is still a lot we don’t know about the virus and how it can affect the body long-term. No one ever talks about that much here but even if you do survive it and have a bad experience, would most people be ok with long-term or permanent damage to organs? My guess would be no. Looking at graphs and stats wont be able to tell you this.

Good point. We will have to wait for a thorough study but that won't be for a while..

tpols
07-23-2020, 02:10 PM

trust me... no i didn't. my thoughts on that are very controversial.

n00bie
07-23-2020, 04:09 PM
I still can't believe the whole world has almost gotten past this and is reopening.. while the U.S. is still stuck in the "coronavirus is fake" debate.

Patrick Chewing
07-23-2020, 04:12 PM
I still can't believe the whole world has almost gotten past this and is reopening.. while the U.S. is still stuck in the "coronavirus is fake" debate.

Who thinks this virus is fake?

coin24
07-23-2020, 04:53 PM

You don't believe the numbers have been falsified??

How much evidence do you need?

Axe
07-23-2020, 07:40 PM
Nvm to be honest

Shooter
07-23-2020, 07:48 PM

I'm so glad you mentioned it. Where are all of the other economic shutdown measures in place to decrease the death totals of other causes?

coin24
07-23-2020, 07:52 PM
I'm so glad you mentioned it. Where are all of the other economic shutdown measures in place to decrease the death totals of other causes?

He doesn't have any logical responses, he'll just parrot some cnn numbers and when proven false he just ignores it. Talk about brainwashed

RRR3
07-23-2020, 07:56 PM
Shew reduced to agreeing with “Simon” :yaohappy:

coin24
07-23-2020, 08:48 PM
Shew reduced to agreeing with “Simon” :yaohappy:

Poor lonely soytits

kabar
07-23-2020, 10:38 PM
The fact you don't know you have it is why it's turned into an epidemic, you moron.

Axe
07-23-2020, 10:45 PM
The fact you don't know you have it is why it's turned into an epidemic, you moron.
#asymptomatic

Shooter
07-23-2020, 10:47 PM

Sounds very deadly. Most dont know they even have it. Yikes :lol

iamgine
07-23-2020, 10:51 PM

I agree with the sentiment but it was never going to work anyways. Even if we all acted like CCP. It will be down in the short term, but eventually cases will rise again.

A lot of good things do come from this virus though. Health and cleanliness standard are through the roof all over the world. Almost all sick people are now wearing masks. Before, people with the flu will be coughing and sneezing without mask on. I thought that was unacceptable.

kabar
07-23-2020, 10:55 PM
Yeah, keep using that rotting brain to follow the conclusion. Most don't know they have it -> lead normal lives -> spread it to high risk family members -> family members die. Was that hard? I know it's difficult for a mentally retarded, self absorbed individual to see further than outside his own useless life.

Doomsday Dallas
07-23-2020, 11:15 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7eYcWpgCb7o

33 second mark....

every 1% gain in the unemployment rate = 40,000 dead.... did you know that? .... I didn't know that.

Gabe Ball
07-23-2020, 11:23 PM
I agree with the sentiment but it was never going to work anyways. Even if we all acted like CCP. It will be down in the short term, but eventually cases will rise again.

A lot of good things do come from this virus though. Health and cleanliness standard are through the roof all over the world. Almost all sick people are now wearing masks. Before, people with the flu will be coughing and sneezing without mask on. I thought that was unacceptable.

Well, masks also have negative effects, and you need to weigh those effects in light of the ailment you have to decide whether it's worth wearing. The flu is common, wearing a mask for the flu will likely do more harm to yourself than good for the community, and people should still use common sense to cover up a cough or sneeze to prevent spreading.

In the case of COVID, there are very low cases of young people dying for the virus, with most showing little to no real symptoms (unless the young person has their immune system already compromised or their defenses low, but even in that scenario there aren't that many cases).

However, young people can spread the virus, and this increases risk of older people getting the virus, who are actually the ones at risk. Especially young people that don't know they have it and spread it to older family members and friends unknowingly. So in this case, a mask, despite its negative effects, is a positive trade-off in light of COVID, only because we don't have vaccine/COVID hasn't been around long enough.

Cleverness
07-23-2020, 11:24 PM
Yeah, keep using that rotting brain to follow the conclusion. Most don't know they have it -> lead normal lives -> spread it to high risk family members -> family members die. Was that hard? I know it's difficult for a mentally retarded, self absorbed individual to see further than outside his own useless life.

It's extremely rare a family member in your home will die with COVID, unless they're 80+ years old already dying of something else. Though, it is true that essential workers can come home and infect their non essential families.

The deaths with COVID are mainly very old people already dying of other illnesses. LESS people are dying in Texas now than they were in previous years, quite incredible.

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?477454-Official-coronavirus-news-discussion-thread&p=14053652&viewfull=1#post14053652

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?477454-Official-coronavirus-news-discussion-thread&p=14053081&viewfull=1#post14053081

^
More deaths in people > 100 years old than under 45.

More deaths in people > 90 years old than under 70.

50% of the deaths with COVID are in nursing homes (aka people who only have a few months of life left)

iamgine
07-23-2020, 11:25 PM
wearing a mask for the flu will likely do more harm to yourself than good for the community.

uh what?

Axe
07-24-2020, 01:22 AM
:roll:

bladefd
07-24-2020, 03:27 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7eYcWpgCb7o

33 second mark....

every 1% gain in the unemployment rate = 40,000 dead.... did you know that? .... I didn't know that.

One of the most basic and important things you learn in statistics is that correlation isn't causation.. It's also a very old science tenet

bladefd
07-24-2020, 03:29 AM
Well, masks also have negative effects, and you need to weigh those effects in light of the ailment you have to decide whether it's worth wearing. The flu is common, wearing a mask for the flu will likely do more harm to yourself than good for the community, and people should still use common sense to cover up a cough or sneeze to prevent spreading.

In the case of COVID, there are very low cases of young people dying for the virus, with most showing little to no real symptoms (unless the young person has their immune system already compromised or their defenses low, but even in that scenario there aren't that many cases).

However, young people can spread the virus, and this increases risk of older people getting the virus, who are actually the ones at risk. Especially young people that don't know they have it and spread it to older family members and friends unknowingly. So in this case, a mask, despite its negative effects, is a positive trade-off in light of COVID, only because we don't have vaccine/COVID hasn't been around long enough.

Not trying to be argumentative, but can you please list the negative effects of masks?

Axe
07-24-2020, 03:40 AM
Not trying to be argumentative, but can you please list the negative effects of masks?
Makes you harder to breathe

Nanners
07-24-2020, 03:44 AM
One of the most basic and important things you learn in statistics is that correlation isn't causation.. It's also a very old science tenet

Youre the last person on this site that should be lecturing anyone about statistics or science

Heres a few examples of actual science, the link between increased unemployment and increased mortality rates is very well established

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1448606/
https://news.yale.edu/2002/05/23/rising-unemployment-causes-higher-death-rates-new-study-yale-researcher-shows
https://academic.oup.com/eurpub/article/26/5/778/2197582

coin24
07-24-2020, 05:14 AM

Youre the last person on this site that should be lecturing anyone about statistics or science

Heres a few examples of actual science, the link between increased unemployment and increased mortality rates is very well established

https://news.yale.edu/2002/05/23/rising-unemployment-causes-higher-death-rates-new-study-yale-researcher-shows

:roll::roll:

Statistics and facts only matter to that loser when he can spin it as Orange Man Bad..

n00bie
07-24-2020, 09:49 AM
Makes you harder to breathe

You're wearing it for 20 mins in a grocery store. Isnt that 20 mins of being uncomfortable better than another lockdown?

~primetime~
07-24-2020, 10:03 AM

do these studies incorporate a $600 a week bonus for being unemployed?

also...the country is mostly open now...so the only place left to point the finger is the virus itself

~primetime~
07-24-2020, 10:07 AM

he's saying that is WHY it is deadly :facepalm

this thing would be 100x easier to deal with if there were no asymptomatics

also, does 150,000 dead sound deadly???...:facepalm...how much death before you think it's deadly?...maybe your parents have to suffocate to death from it before you stop thinking it's some laughable joke?

Nanners
07-24-2020, 10:14 AM
do these studies incorporate a $600 a week bonus for being unemployed?

No, these studies are looking specifically at the relationship between employment and mortality.

In addition to not incorporating the $600 a week, these studies also dont incorporate americans who spent years or decades building up a small business, only to have the govt arbitrarily force them into shutdown... and they dont incorporate americans who were forced into unemployment because the mainstream media tricked half of the population into thinking that it makes sense to shut down the economy to protect people from a new strain of the common cold.

also...the country is mostly open now...so the only place left to point the finger is the virus itself

And yet 1/5 of workers (~30 million) are collecting unemployment benefits right now, and 1/3 of americans missed some or all of their housing payment last month.

Its going to take YEARS for the economy to recover from this, and the finger should be pointed directly at fearmongering pharma shills like Fauci, and the powertripping left wing politicians like Newsom and Cuomo who perpetuated this idiocy.

Patrick Chewing
07-24-2020, 10:21 AM
You're wearing it for 20 mins in a grocery store. Isnt that 20 mins of being uncomfortable better than another lockdown?

We should never ever have another lockdown again, pandemic or not.

~primetime~
07-24-2020, 10:21 AM
Its going to take YEARS for the economy to recover from this, and the finger should be pointed directly at pharma shills like Fauci and the left wing politicians like Newsom and Cuomo who perpetuated this idiocy.
So what should have been done? Be the only country on the planet that pretends the virus doesn't exist? that's not possible or feasible...every other country that has been through covid is flat lining...we are the only country that is experiencing a second wave, and it's because there are so many who are completely disregarding it.

Patrick Chewing
07-24-2020, 10:26 AM
So what should have been done? Be the only country on the planet that pretends the virus doesn't exist? that's not possible or feasible...every other country that has been through covid is flat lining...we are the only country that is experiencing a second wave, and it's because there are so many who are completely disregarding it.

Did you not read what he said? He mentioned a name in his reply who was primarily responsible for a huge spread of this virus. C-U-O-M-O. That man and his inability to lock down his state and his inability to isolate those who were infected is a huge reason why are numbers are so high. You don't see numbers like that anywhere else in the country.

~primetime~
07-24-2020, 10:31 AM
Did you not read what he said? He mentioned a name in his reply who was primarily responsible for a huge spread of this virus. C-U-O-M-O. That man and his inability to lock down his state and his inability to isolate those who were infected is a huge reason why are numbers are so high. You don't see numbers like that anywhere else in the country.

yes and I'm asking him what he thinks SHOULD HAVE been done instead?...to pretend there is no virus?...because that isn't being rational or realistic

~primetime~
07-24-2020, 10:31 AM
https://cdn.statcdn.com/Infographic/images/teaser/21269.jpeg

Every other country successfully quarantined and now is pretty much done with covid...the US is so retarded we have to experience it TWICE

can't agree on something as trivial as a fcking mask

Nanners
07-24-2020, 10:36 AM

We should have ignored the virus, like we do with seasonal cold/flu every year.

Japan didnt shut down anything, and they have had 988 total covid deaths. Japan has a population of 126m btw, and the average age of their citizens is the highest of any country on the planet.

Anyway we arent experiencing a second wave, we are experiencing a dramatic increase in testing. The virus has supposedly been "surging" or whatever in Texas for MONTHS now... and yet Texas still has 5k deaths while NY has 32k (and thats despite the fact TX has 10m more residents than NY...29m residents to 19.5m). Think about that for a minute... despite the fact that Texas has supposedly been hit hard by the second wave, yall still have less than 1/6th the deaths of NY, even tho yall have 1.5 times the population.

Shooter
07-24-2020, 10:36 AM
he's saying that is WHY it is deadly :facepalm

this thing would be 100x easier to deal with if there were no asymptomatics

also, does 150,000 dead sound deadly???...:facepalm...how much death before you think it's deadly?...maybe your parents have to suffocate to death from it before you stop thinking it's some laughable joke?

Tons more people die from other causes such as Alzheimer's. Where is your Alzheimer's support ribbon?

Do you know how many people die from heart disease? By far and away the number one worldwide killer. Where are all the people calling for the banning and/or restriction of McDonald's and soda and all things fried?

~primetime~
07-24-2020, 10:38 AM

Japan didnt shut down anything, and they have had 988 total covid deaths (Japan has a population of 126m btw).

Anyway we arent experiencing a second wave, we are experiencing a dramatic increase in testing. The virus has supposedly been "surging" or whatever in Texas for MONTHS now... and yet Texas still has 5k deaths while NY has 32k (and TX has 10m more residents than NY...29m residents to 19.5m)

the US is experiencing MORE DEATHS now (not testing)

Texas is experiencing significantly more deaths...

https://media.khou.com/assets/KHOU/images/a2503a5b-87f8-4910-8e40-761b00565aa6/a2503a5b-87f8-4910-8e40-761b00565aa6_1920x1080.jpg

Patrick Chewing
07-24-2020, 10:39 AM
yes and I'm asking him what he thinks SHOULD HAVE been done instead?...to pretend there is no virus?...because that isn't being rational or realistic

The people of New York should have never elected an incompetent governor and an incompetent Mayor of New York City. Your "pretend there is no virus" argument is an illogical one. Stop repeating it.

~primetime~
07-24-2020, 10:40 AM
Tons more people die from other causes such as Alzheimer's. Where is your Alzheimer's support ribbon?

Do you know how many people die from heart disease? By far and away the number one worldwide killer. Where are all the people calling for the banning and/or restriction of McDonald's and soda and all things fried?

these other ways of dying should have no influence on how you feel about covid

I try to keep a healthy heart

I get a flu shot

I try to prevent dying in other ways...

~primetime~
07-24-2020, 10:41 AM
The people of New York should have never elected an incompetent governor and an incompetent Mayor of New York City. Your "pretend there is no virus" argument is an illogical one. Stop repeating it.

that's literally what nanners is saying dude...we should "ignore it"...and YES it is illogical I agree :lol

Shooter
07-24-2020, 10:41 AM
these other ways of dying should have no influence on how you feel about covid

I try to keep a healthy heart

I get a flu shot

I try to prevent dying in other ways...

I'm just mentioning that you seem very focused on saving lives so I'm wondering what other efforts do you go about to help save lives? Heart disease and heart attack is the number one cause of death what have you done to support those lives?

~primetime~
07-24-2020, 10:45 AM
I'm just mentioning that you seem very focused on saving lives so I'm wondering what other efforts do you go about to help save lives? Heart disease and heart attack is the number one cause of death what have you done to support those lives?

I run do cardio, try to eat healthy...for a healthy heart

I can't do those things FOR YOU...you should do them too

heart disease isn't comparable to a virus which is contagious...if we could prevent heart disease by wearing a mask then we SHOULD!!!

Shooter
07-24-2020, 10:46 AM
that's literally what nanners is saying dude...we should "ignore it"...and YES it is illogical I agree :lol

Now you're creating a separate discussion. He wasn't saying that we should ignore it because we already know that it's here. They are saying it probably would have been better if we just thought this was from the flu and not covid; thus leading to massive shutdowns and a hugely negative impact on our economy and the world as we know It.

I'll simplify this for you.

Do you feel that our quality of life has increased or decreased since discovering the covid-19 virus and implementing mandatory shutdowns?

~primetime~
07-24-2020, 10:46 AM
also, currently...covid is the #1 cause of death in the US...it is killing more than heart disease/cancer/ ANYTHING

we are on pace to have 250,000 for the year...which obliterates the 3 worst flu years all combined

Nanners
07-24-2020, 10:47 AM
the US is experiencing MORE DEATHS now (not testing)

Wrong.

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nvss/vsrr/covid19/index.htm

The current (supposed) death rate is still about 1/5th of what it was during april

Texas is experiencing significantly more deaths...

The media has been talking about how the virus is surging in Texas for 2+ months now

https://www.npr.org/sections/coronavirus-live-updates/2020/05/18/857943858/coronavirus-cases-surge-in-texas-panhandle-as-state-continues-to-reopen

Even if the current death rate is accurate (its almost certainly not), Texas is still gonna have to increase the death rate by 10x if yall ever want to catch up with NY

Nanners
07-24-2020, 10:48 AM
also, currently...covid is the #1 cause of death in the US...it is killing more than heart disease/cancer/ ANYTHING

we are on pace to have 250,000 for the year...which obliterates the 3 worst flu years all combined

Cancer kills an estimated ~600k americans every year... although I suppose this year is different since some of those cancer patients will test positive for covid after their cancer kills them, so their cause of death will be reclassified

https://www.cancer.gov/about-cancer/understanding/statistics

Patrick Chewing
07-24-2020, 10:51 AM

Nowhere is he saying that. You are only thinking that there are two reactions that we should take with this virus. Either a complete lockdown, or not.

What happened to social distancing and working from home?

~primetime~
07-24-2020, 10:51 AM
we are trending UP in deaths now nanners...

https://i.insider.com/5f1944961918240d68708419?width=1100&format=jpeg&auto=webp

~primetime~
07-24-2020, 10:52 AM
Nowhere is he saying that. You are only thinking that there are two reactions that we should take with this virus. Either a complete lockdown, or not.

What happened to social distancing and working from home?

he literally JUST said that...

Nanners
07-24-2020, 10:55 AM
we are trending UP in deaths now nanners...

https://i.insider.com/5f1944961918240d68708419?width=1100&format=jpeg&auto=webp

Tell it to the CDC

~primetime~
07-24-2020, 10:55 AM
Tell it to the CDC

Trump has stripped the CDC of all covid data

hospitals now no longer report anything to them

Nanners
07-24-2020, 11:04 AM
Trump has stripped the CDC of all covid data

hospitals now no longer report anything to them

Trump told hospitals not to report to the CDC on july 15th, so the only data set from the page I linked on the CDC website that would be influenced by this change is the most recent entry - the numbers for the week ending in july 18th

Anyway, you just linked business insider as a source... you legitimately believe that business insider has more accurate covid data than the CDC? All the hospitals are reporting to business insider?

~primetime~
07-24-2020, 11:09 AM
Trump told hospitals not to report to the CDC on july 15th, so the only data set from the page I linked on the CDC website that would be influenced by this change is the most recent entry - the numbers for the week ending in july 18th

Anyway, you just linked business insider as a source... you legitimately believe that business insider has more accurate covid data than the CDC? All the hospitals are reporting to business insider?

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/

scroll down to daily deaths...

we have been trending up for about 3 weeks now

several states are seeing spikes...

Nanners
07-24-2020, 11:26 AM
https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/

scroll down to daily deaths...

we have been trending up for about 3 weeks now

several states are seeing spikes...

Your source is worldometers? :oldlol:

You do realize worldometers is a total black box of a website, right? You realize they do not provide any of the sources for their data, right? You realize that the site refuses to name a single one of its employees? You realize that the site is controlled by an anonymous shell company (probably Chinese) with zero visibility into their ownership/personnel? And you think this data source is more reliable than the CDC? :roll:

~primetime~
07-24-2020, 11:29 AM
Your source is worldmeters? :oldlol:

You do realize worldometers is a total black box of a website, right? You realize they do not provide any of the sources for their data, right? You realize that the site refuses to name a single one of its employees? You realize that the site is controlled by an anonymous shell company (probably Chinese) with zero visibility into their ownership/personnel? And you think this data source is more reliable than the CDC? :roll:

considering the CDC has no access to covid data...YES

until recently their data and the CDC was close to the same

~primetime~
07-24-2020, 11:32 AM
also...if you think so highly of the CDC...

here you go (https://www.cdc.gov/media/releases/2020/p0714-americans-to-wear-masks.html)

Patrick Chewing
07-24-2020, 11:32 AM
Up to 50 Million Americans infected per the CDC. At that rate, the survival rate is well over 99% :lol

Not safe enough!

Nanners
07-24-2020, 11:35 AM
considering the CDC has no access to covid data...YES

until recently their data and the CDC was close to the same

The CDC has access to all the datasets that worldometers has access to... but unlike worldometers, the CDC actually cites their sources and lists the names of their employees.

also...if you think so highly of the CDC...

here you go

I dont think highly of the CDC at all, I think lowly of the CDC... my point is that the CDC is still vastly more credible than "worldometers" :oldlol:

~primetime~
07-24-2020, 11:39 AM
The CDC has access to all the datasets that worldometers has access to... but unlike worldometers, the CDC actually cites their sources and lists the names of their employees.

I dont think highly of the CDC, I think lowly of the CDC... my point is that the CDC is still vastly more credible than "worldometers" :oldlol:

there is a 'source' column listed by every state...with all of their sources

again their numbers and the CDC have been close to matching...you think just suddenly the last few weeks they decided to start making shit up?

~primetime~
07-24-2020, 11:42 AM
Trump stripping the CDC is fcked up btw

not sure why the media choose to put that one on the back burner...it deserves more attention

n00bie
07-24-2020, 11:45 AM

If you can stop Alzheimers by wearing a mask for 20 mins indoors for a couple of months, would you do it?

If you could stop heart disease by wearing a mask for 20 mins indoors for a couple months, would you do it?

Nope instead you'll spend hours online trying to find articles that say masks are useless.

Nanners
07-24-2020, 11:59 AM
there is a 'source' column listed by every state...with all of their sources

Indeed they do, and its very interesting that clicking on the third source for NY leads not to any datasource, but to this worldometers page

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/us-data/

Following new CDC guidelines: "As of April 14, 2020, CDC case counts and death counts include both confirmed and probable cases and deaths. This change was made to reflect an interim COVID-19 position statement issued by the Council for State and Territorial Epidemiologists on April 5, 2020. The position statement included a case definition and made COVID-19 a nationally notifiable disease.

A confirmed case or death is defined by meeting confirmatory laboratory evidence for COVID-19. A probable case or death is defined by i) meeting clinical criteria AND epidemiologic evidence with no confirmatory laboratory testing performed for COVID-19; or ii) meeting presumptive laboratory evidence AND either clinical criteria OR epidemiologic evidence; or iii) meeting vital records criteria with no confirmatory laboratory testing performed for COVID19" [source]

This change is a further example of one of the many reasons why the label "confirmed cases" (used by some to designate total cases) is incorrect (see definitions for more details). The US CDC (and Worldometer) has always used the label "Total Cases." Canada is another example where the "total number includes publicly reported confirmed and probable cases [source]

On April 14, New York City reported 3,778 additional deaths that have occurred since March 11 and have been classified as "probable," defined as follows: “decedent [...] had no known positive laboratory test for SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19) but the death certificate lists as a cause of death “COVID-19” or an equivalent" [source].

From April 14 onward, New York City has provided - and will continue to provide - the updated number of probable deaths in its daily reports.

Since every probable death necessarily implies a probable case, logic mandates that the adjustment be made to both deaths and cases, and not only to deaths. We have adjusted for New York State and the United States accordingly.

I suppose maybe I shouldnt be too hard on the anonymous folks running worldometers, after all they were just following the CDCs laughably flawed practice of counting so-called "probable" cases (aka anyone with any lung problem whatsoever) with actual confirmed ones.

If the CDC and worldometers are both mixing supposedly probably cases in with the confirmed ones, then they both have completely worthless data

again their numbers and the CDC have been close to matching...you think just suddenly the last few weeks they decided to start making shit up?

No, I think they have both been making shit up all along... but thanks to Trumps recent change with data reporting its harder for the CDC to keep making shit up

msbutthurt
07-24-2020, 12:12 PM
Order arrived this morning. They made masks mandatory here like the communists they are, so I figured I might as well get some good ones with matching clothing.

Outfit while running errands this morning and going to the pool for a bit.

https://i.ibb.co/1ZzFwLX/724.png

Funny that the city recently made masks mandatory but the pools are open with people swimming in the same water, and nobody other than a couple of sunbathers were wearing masks lol. Who is going to wear a mask when they are wet? lol...

Nanners
07-24-2020, 12:18 PM
that pepe mask is hilarious :oldlol:

bladefd
07-24-2020, 03:48 PM

So we should expect to see an increase in deaths by 640,000 this year because unemployment went up to 16%?

Certainly getting laid off or fired is not good for you. Most insurances are employment-bound in USA. People have bills to pay for house/loans/college/childcare/car insurance/etc. Certainly leads to increase in stress, heart attacks, suicides, etc. But I am not willing to say 1% increase in unemployment means that automatically 40k more people will suddenly die. You can draw a correlation after the fact, but if it was direct causation then you should be able to say right now that "640,000 deaths this year will be due to unemployment". You will not hear that because it does not make sense.

What is the 40k deaths per 1% increase in unemployment even based on? It is an incomplete statement because even the definition of unemployment can be argued. Are part-time workers and project-based workers included in there? Do we include furloughed people in there? What about temporary workers or volunteer jobs? Do those count?

What about government aid, such as the extra $600/week on top of unemployment aid? Do we consider that in there?? Many people were making more money being unemployed than employed up to the end of next week. How does that work into this?

That's why one must think deeper and consider these things. A blanket statement of "1% increase in unemployment rate will cause 40k deaths (or w/e the number is)" is too broad of a paintbrush and vague. One might be able to draw a correlation but that doesn't mean one has found causation.

bladefd
07-24-2020, 03:53 PM

Wait, I thought the covid numbers were fake? Have the goalposts moved to "democrat governors didn't isolate the sick"? So you are finally acknowledging the numbers/deaths?

Patrick Chewing
07-24-2020, 04:12 PM
Wait, I thought the covid numbers were fake? Have the goalposts moved to "democrat governors didn't isolate the sick"? So you are finally acknowledging the numbers/deaths?

You're confusing me with other posters. I just acknowledged that the CDC came out with a report that states that it's possible that upwards of 50 million Americans may have already been infected with the virus, but the mortality rate is less than 1%. The supposed threat is what's fake.

Nanners
07-24-2020, 06:35 PM
So we should expect to see an increase in deaths by 640,000 this year because unemployment went up to 16%?

Certainly getting laid off or fired is not good for you. Most insurances are employment-bound in USA. People have bills to pay for house/loans/college/childcare/car insurance/etc. Certainly leads to increase in stress, heart attacks, suicides, etc. But I am not willing to say 1% increase in unemployment means that automatically 40k more people will suddenly die. You can draw a correlation after the fact, but if it was direct causation then you should be able to say right now that "640,000 deaths this year will be due to unemployment". You will not hear that because it does not make sense.

What is the 40k deaths per 1% increase in unemployment even based on? It is an incomplete statement because even the definition of unemployment can be argued. Are part-time workers and project-based workers included in there? Do we include furloughed people in there? What about temporary workers or volunteer jobs? Do those count?

What about government aid, such as the extra $600/week on top of unemployment aid? Do we consider that in there?? Many people were making more money being unemployed than employed up to the end of next week. How does that work into this?

That's why one must think deeper and consider these things. A blanket statement of "1% increase in unemployment rate will cause 40k deaths (or w/e the number is)" is too broad of a paintbrush and vague. One might be able to draw a correlation but that doesn't mean one has found causation.

The "40k deaths per 1% increase" quote from that movie is almost certainly total bullshit.

I have no idea what the exact numerical ratio is between unemployment and mortality... all I am saying is that there is a ton of scientific evidence to show that unemployment rate and mortality rate are correlated.

4pointshot
07-24-2020, 07:03 PM
You're confusing me with other posters. I just acknowledged that the CDC came out with a report that states that it's possible that upwards of 50 million Americans may have already been infected with the virus, but the mortality rate is less than 1%. The supposed threat is what's fake.

One thing that really confuses the discussion here is using the term "mortality rate" without acknowledging which mortality rate one is referring to (this was a big problem with this Trump-Wallace interview, where neither man seemed to understand this). There is case fatality rate, CFR, infected mortality rate, IFR, and overall fatality rate, deaths/million. The CFR depends a lot on testing, so can vary a lot in different places. The IFR may well be below 1% in the U.S., but since we don't have comprehensive antibody tests, we really don't have a good estimate of the total infections in the U.S. Studies in a lot of major Euro countries conclude it's in the range of 0.5-1.0%.

The most important rate is the overall fatality rate, and the U.S. has one of the highest in the world. I'd call that a threat. This is one of three lies that Trump told in the first ten minutes of the interview, claiming that the U.S. has the lowest mortality rate in the world. It does not have the lowest overall rate or CFR, and the data are not available to conclude it has the lowest IFR. Even if that should turn out to be the case, the overall mortality rate remains the most important one. You don't brag about how few deaths you have per infection when your infections are higher than just about everyone else.

Shooter
07-24-2020, 07:48 PM
Your source is worldometers? :oldlol:

:roll: :roll:

Shooter
07-24-2020, 07:53 PM
If you can stop Alzheimers by wearing a mask for 20 mins indoors for a couple of months, would you do it?

If you could stop heart disease by wearing a mask for 20 mins indoors for a couple months, would you do it?

Nope instead you'll spend hours online trying to find articles that say masks are useless.

Homie I've been wearing a mask indoors for 20 minutes since February.

You also forgot a few key components, such as would you risk giving up your job? Would you risk your Investments heavily decreasing? Would you risk missing a wedding? A graduation? A birthday? Life itself?

"It's just for 20 minutes bro."

Yeah they've been saying that since March bro. Get a clue.

msbutthurt
07-24-2020, 08:14 PM

You also forgot a few key components, such as would you risk giving up your job? Would you risk your Investments heavily decreasing? Would you risk missing a wedding? A graduation? A birthday? Life itself?

'I don't see this disappearing': Fauci warns eradication of coronavirus may not happen
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/i-dont-see-this-disappearing-fauci-warns-eradication-of-coronavirus-may-not-happen

https://media.tenor.com/images/8b517eec430d9e1f1c64f93b90de3f44/tenor.gif

https://media.giphy.com/media/l0HlFGWh0oulcTw2s/giphy.gif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TAqZb52sgpU

coin24
07-24-2020, 08:49 PM

Every death is being labelled as covid there. Why can't you understand that?
So you actually believe cold and flu is at zero this year and everyone only has rona?

coin24
07-24-2020, 08:54 PM
Funny how the resident sky is falling brigade are blatantly ignoring the lies.
FL, 90000 down to 11000, cause they made a "mistake" and were labelling every cold and flu as corona.

Blade and prime care to explain this?

Shooter
07-24-2020, 08:57 PM
FL, 90000 down to 11000, cause they made a "mistake" and were labelling every cold and flu as corona.

:lol We are waiting . . .

pew
07-24-2020, 08:57 PM

https://factcheck.afp.com/cdc-did-not-cut-florida-covid-19-count-after-trump-administration-rerouted-hospital-data

Shooter
07-24-2020, 09:00 PM
https://factcheck.afp.com/cdc-did-not-cut-florida-covid-19-count-after-trump-administration-rerouted-hospital-data

That is pretty shady shit.

pew
07-24-2020, 09:06 PM
That is pretty shady shit.

All I did was google 90000 to 11000 and first link says coin24 using debunked tweets as evidence.. are you related to lovers cleverness and nanners? Fake data/graph lovers

n00bie
07-24-2020, 09:09 PM

Happy to hear that you're wearing that mask indoors.

If everyone did the same since march, country would be fully reopened with jobs back right now.

n00bie
07-24-2020, 09:13 PM

Bro.. where did you get this info? People are saying this fact is false. Care to explain this?

pew
07-24-2020, 09:16 PM
Bro.. where did you get this info? People are saying this fact is false. Care to explain this?

:lol We are waiting . . .

coin24
07-24-2020, 09:35 PM

Site is full of lies.

Is that you blade/prime?

RRR3
07-24-2020, 09:42 PM
Shewwwwwww :roll:

Axe
07-24-2020, 10:10 PM
It wouldn't be a fact if it's false...

n00bie
07-24-2020, 10:11 PM
Site is full of lies.

Is that you blade/prime?

Bro I think I read on Twitter that covid19 came from 5g. Do you think that's true too?

bladefd
07-24-2020, 10:57 PM
All I did was google 90000 to 11000 and first link says coin24 using debunked tweets as evidence.. are you related to lovers cleverness and nanners? Fake data/graph lovers

coin24
07-24-2020, 11:46 PM
Stay inside and be scared of nothing then. You'd be doing that anyway I guess.

Look at the losers that are so pro "deadly virus"
R3transjew
Blade
Prime.

Notice anything? Orange man bad, recluse nerds with nothing to lose from lockdowns.

Patrick Chewing
07-25-2020, 12:12 AM

R3transjew
Blade
Prime.

Notice anything? Orange man bad, recluse nerds with nothing to lose from lockdowns.

We know the Jewfrican is unemployed, and I'm guessing the rest of them are too. Using the lockdown as the excuse that they aren't working at the moment. :oldlol:

Treasury Department just announced they are lowering those unemployment checks. Bad news for the freeloaders.

pew
07-25-2020, 12:18 AM

R3transjew
Blade
Prime.

Why you gotta pivot and deflect from the issue at hand? That you and clever fall for and post fake data and graphs? :roll:

So gullible and such sheep :roll:

Cleverness
07-25-2020, 12:44 AM
No, these studies are looking specifically at the relationship between employment and mortality.

In addition to not incorporating the $600 a week, these studies also dont incorporate americans who spent years or decades building up a small business, only to have the govt arbitrarily force them into shutdown... and they dont incorporate americans who were forced into unemployment because the mainstream media tricked half of the population into thinking that it makes sense to shut down the economy to protect people from a new strain of the common cold.

And yet 1/5 of workers (~30 million) are collecting unemployment benefits right now, and 1/3 of americans missed some or all of their housing payment last month.

Its going to take YEARS for the economy to recover from this, and the finger should be pointed directly at fearmongering pharma shills like Fauci, and the powertripping left wing politicians like Newsom and Cuomo who perpetuated this idiocy.

:applause:

The continued flow of job losses, which now total 52.7 million since the start of shelter-in-place orders, highlight how much economic turmoil has been wrought. link (https://www.sfchronicle.com/business/article/U-S-California-job-losses-grow-as-unemployed-15428366.php)

so much hysteria for a widespread cold virus that hospitalizes ~1% of people infected and most are asymptomatic.

Cleverness
07-25-2020, 12:44 AM
Why you gotta pivot and deflect from the issue at hand? That you and clever fall for and post fake data and graphs? :roll:

posted 100+ data and graphs

how many were fake? which ones?

Shooter
07-25-2020, 12:49 AM

He's too hurt to reply with substance.

Cleverness
07-25-2020, 12:51 AM
He's too hurt to reply with substance.

Well as we've seen in other threads, he's just a child, so no need to take him seriously.

Shooter
07-25-2020, 12:52 AM
Well as we've seen in other threads, he's just a child, so no need to take him seriously.

Amen

bladefd
07-25-2020, 02:00 AM

That guy coin24 also has a major hard-on for me. He just can't get me out of his head. He and fultznation just can't seem to get "blade" off their lips because they are so obsessed with me. Reminds me of this odd girl in 7th grade, who was obsessed with me and kept trying to talk with me and randomly stopping me in the hallways. She was obsessed and just nuts :oldlol:

coin24
07-25-2020, 02:40 AM
That guy coin24 also has a major hard-on for me. He just can't get me out of his head. He and fultznation just can't seem to get "blade" off their lips because they are so obsessed with me. Reminds me of this odd girl in 7th grade, who was obsessed with me and kept trying to talk with me and randomly stopping me in the hallways. She was obsessed and just nuts :oldlol:

Probably the last time you spoke to a female, you wouldn't want to catch germs right:oldlol:

4pointshot
07-25-2020, 03:55 AM

Fake is not the problem. It's the way the data are interpreted. E.g., not distinguishing between flu and pneumonia. Not pointing out that C19 deaths can be obscured by random fluctuations in total deaths, and/or changes in baseline deaths. Not taking into account differences between countries and regions within countries, particularly population density.

KD7
07-25-2020, 06:05 AM
Closer to 99.9% when you take into the account the vast amount of people who get Corona and don't even realize they have it and don't bother to get tested since they're asymptomatic

KD7
07-25-2020, 06:10 AM

Again you're literally comparing an estimate of Flu cases to confirmed cases of Covid to attempt to make Covid appear more deadly

If you used an estimate for both Flu & Covid both bar charts would look roughly the same

4pointshot
07-25-2020, 06:25 AM
This is what the data for NYC looked, a while back:

18-44: 0.065%
45-64: 0.365%
65-74: 1.18%
75-: 2.58%

For 2017-18, one of the worst recent flu seasons, with 61,000 total deaths in the U.S., the mortality rate for age 18-49 was 0.02%, or about one-third the rate of C19 for 18-44. For age 50-65, it was 0.05%, or less than one-seventh for C19 45-64. For > 65, it was 0.86%, or less than half of the 1.92% value for C19 > 65

Shooter
07-25-2020, 07:41 AM
Fake is not the problem. It's the way the data are interpreted. E.g., not distinguishing between flu and pneumonia. Not pointing out that C19 deaths can be obscured by random fluctuations in total deaths, and/or changes in baseline deaths. Not taking into account differences between countries and regions within countries, particularly population density.

What? :lol

Just making stuff up now

Shooter
07-25-2020, 07:41 AM
This is what the data for NYC looked, a while back:

18-44: 0.065%
45-64: 0.365%
65-74: 1.18%
75-: 2.58%

For 2017-18, one of the worst recent flu seasons, with 61,000 total deaths in the U.S., the mortality rate for age 18-49 was 0.02%, or about one-third the rate of C19 for 18-44. For age 50-65, it was 0.05%, or less than one-seventh for C19 45-64. For > 65, it was 0.86%, or less than half of the 1.92% value for C19 > 65

Link?

Rooster
07-25-2020, 02:42 PM

If they separate pneumonia deaths from flu, the number of flu deaths would be minimum. There not a single virus or bacteria over 10% that cause Pneumonia. The number are widespread. Even for viral, the most common Pneumonia is cause by HCV not Influenza. And bacterial pneumonia cause at least over 50 % of pneumonia deaths. The reason health experts group them together is Influenza particular Influenza A is more contagious and they want everyone to be vaccinated but I digress. Common sense is experts are not worried about flu because thereÂ’s antiviral drugs that can kill the flu virus and available flu vaccines for herd immunity.

Recent research also suggest that another Covid strain called G614 is more contagious than others.

https://www.cell.com/cell/pdf/S0092-8674(20)30820-5.pdf?_returnURL=https%3A%2F%2Flinkinghub.elsevier .com%2Fretrieve%2Fpii%2FS0092867420308205%3Fshowal l%3Dtrue (https://www.cell.com/cell/pdf/S0092-8674(20)30820-5.pdf?_returnURL=https%3A%2F%2Flinkinghub.elsevier .com%2Fretrieve%2Fpii%2FS0092867420308205%3Fshowal l%3Dtrue)

Viruses regularly acquire mutations to help them ‘escape’ antibodies made by the human immune system. When a virus acquires many of these individual changes, it ‘drifts’ away from the original virus. Researchers call this phenomenon ‘antigenic drift.’ Antigenic drift is part of the reason you need a new flu shot each year.