PDA

View Full Version : Which Mike beat more tomato cans? Tyson or Jordan?

Shooter
07-22-2020, 09:54 PM
Sidenote

Real GOATs
Ali = LeBron (some losses but legendary wins in tough era)

Fake GOATs
Floyd (52-0) = Jordan (6-0) = (undeafeated, but beat tomato cans, no big wins)

Bawkish
07-23-2020, 01:10 AM
Lebron got beaten by tomato cans (Terry , Barea, Arroyo)

ZenMaster7210
07-23-2020, 01:18 AM

And that is a wrap! :facepalm:oldlol::roll::pimp:

Shooter
07-23-2020, 01:33 AM

Would you rather lose to Terry Cummings or Dirk Nowitzki.

MJ has the ultimate tomato can loss :lol

https://media.gettyimages.com/photos/terry-cummings-of-the-san-antonio-spurs-shoots-against-the-sacramento-picture-id495858686?s=612x612

SouBeachTalents
07-23-2020, 01:35 AM

https://media.gettyimages.com/photos/terry-cummings-of-the-san-antonio-spurs-shoots-against-the-sacramento-picture-id495858686?s=612x612
True, who beat LeBron his rookie year?

Bronbron23
07-23-2020, 10:20 AM

Shit end thread on this

Bronbron23
07-23-2020, 10:30 AM
Sidenote

Real GOATs

Fake GOATs
Floyd (52-0) = Jordan (6-0) = (undeafeated, but beat tomato cans, no big wins)

And you should have all credibility taken away for the Mayweather comment.

Castillo
Alvarez
Oscar
Manny
Cotto
Maidona
Mosely
Correls
Juda

Then theres some other guys like hatton, berto and ortiz who weren't bums either. Im probably missing a couple also.

RRR3
07-23-2020, 10:32 AM

Are you under the impression Terry Cummings wasn’t good? Dude was All-NBA

Shogon
07-23-2020, 10:35 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IiR1ERiit9Y

Bullshit myth about Tyson.

r0drig0lac
07-23-2020, 12:41 PM
https://media.giphy.com/media/14ceV8wMLIGO6Q/giphy.gif

Wally450
07-23-2020, 01:15 PM
And you should have all credibility taken away for the Mayweather comment.

Castillo
Alvarez
Oscar
Manny
Cotto
Maidona
Mosely
Correls
Juda

Then theres some other guys like hatton, berto and ortiz who weren't bums either. Im probably missing a couple also.

People will complain that Floyd picked his fights, but when he ran out of people to fight and took certain fights, like the Canelo fight in 2013, everyone loved it. Then after he smoked him, people said it was because Canelo was too young.

Any to discredit Floyd.

Shogon
07-23-2020, 01:22 PM
People will complain that Floyd picked his fights, but when he ran out of people to fight and took certain fights, like the Canelo fight in 2013, everyone loved it. Then after he smoked him, people said it was because Canelo was too young.

Any to discredit Floyd.

There's no disputing the fact that he ducked the shit out of Pacquiao during Pacquiao's peak.

And yes, Floyd's prime lasted longer than Manny's which is why he took the fight later on in their careers... once it was a much safer bet.

Floyd had better longevity but during Manny's peak it's likely Floyd would have gone down.

Wally450
07-23-2020, 01:28 PM
There's no disputing the fact that he ducked the shit out of Pacquiao during Pacquiao's peak.

But at the same time, Manny ducked blood tests when the fight would've been made had he just agreed to it. I wonder why...

They're both to blame imo.

Shogon
07-23-2020, 01:33 PM
But at the same time, Manny ducked blood tests when the fight would've been made had he just agreed to it. I wonder why...

They're both to blame imo.

Yeah, maybe so.

Also, when they did fight, Manny put a huge amount of pressure on him twice that I remember, and he just suddenly let off the gas entirely both times after being a nearly tireless fighter. He wasn't lying, his shoulder was hurt.

Bronbron23
07-23-2020, 01:54 PM

And yes, Floyd's prime lasted longer than Manny's which is why he took the fight later on in their careers... once it was a much safer bet.

Floyd had better longevity but during Manny's peak it's likely Floyd would have gone down.

He didn't duck him he just wasnt willing to pay manny what he wanted.

And neither were in their prime. Mayweather in his prime was much faster then he was in 2015. Mayweather won because hes just smarter and better.

Roundball_Rock
07-23-2020, 03:07 PM
Remember when Tyson came out of jail and everyone paid $50 for the fight and it lasted slightly more than a minute? :lol

bullettooth
07-23-2020, 07:27 PM

:lol

Idiot.

tpols
07-23-2020, 07:35 PM
it's hard to appreciate floyd mayweather compared to mike tyson, because floyd basically inherited his career like a rich kid inherits a trust fund...his relatives were all superstar boxers who trained him since birth and he has the IQ of a rodent. While Tyson came from absolutely nothing, and is actually very wise and humble. Plus Tyson obliterated dudes, while Floyd dances around playing for points like a bitch. I'd never buy one of his fights. A Tyson intro and staredown is worth more than a whole Mayweather fight.

SouBeachTalents
07-23-2020, 07:49 PM
it's hard to appreciate floyd mayweather compared to mike tyson, because floyd basically inherited his career like a rich kid inherits a trust fund...his relatives were all superstar boxers who trained him since birth and he has the IQ of a rodent. While Tyson came from absolutely nothing, and is actually very wise and humble. Plus Tyson obliterated dudes, while Floyd dances around playing for points like a bitch. I'd never buy one of his fights. A Tyson intro and staredown is worth more than a whole Mayweather fight.
The issue with buying a Tyson fight is it might be over in under 60 seconds

Shooter
07-23-2020, 08:14 PM
Remember when Tyson came out of jail and everyone paid $50 for the fight and it lasted slightly more than a minute? :lol

:lol Dat punch

tpols
07-23-2020, 08:17 PM
The issue with buying a Tyson fight is it might be over in under 60 seconds

i'd rather see a 60 second devastating assault than 60 minutes of two dudes running away from each other.

Wally450
07-23-2020, 08:25 PM
i'd rather see a 60 second devastating assault than 60 minutes of two dudes running away from each other.

Two dudes running away from one another. Exposed as someone who doesn't know shit about boxing.

Bronbron23
07-23-2020, 08:27 PM

Tyson was definitely more exciting and mayweather fights arnt for everyone but if your a boxing enthusiasts you appreciate Floyd's skills. His defense is ridiculous and he definitely dosnt have the iq of a rodent in the ring. Hes one of the smartest fighters ever.

tpols
07-23-2020, 08:34 PM
Two dudes running away from one another. Exposed as someone who doesn't know shit about boxing.

you're right... it was one dude. :lol

HoopsNY
07-23-2020, 08:43 PM
I just find it hilarious that losing to a 59 win Milwaukee Bucks team as a rookie with Terry Cummings, an MVP candidate, is seen as some kind of negative.

Bronbron23
07-23-2020, 08:45 PM
you're right... it was one dude. :lol

Thats actually a good one but Floyd dosnt really run. Hes just extremely hard to hit. Hes really is genius defensively. Alot of the time hes right there in front of the opponent and they just cant get to him. Even when hes on the ropes they cant catch him. He hass the shoulder roll defense down to a science.

warriorfan
07-23-2020, 08:55 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IiR1ERiit9Y

Bullshit myth about Tyson.

That video was great. Was a complete dismantling.

At 6:25 and 9:30 I lost it. Funny shit.

tpols
07-23-2020, 09:05 PM
That video was great. Was a complete dismantling.

At 6:25 and 9:30 I lost it. Funny shit.

deontay wilder sounds like he has a vocabulary of about 15 words.

warriorfan
07-23-2020, 09:41 PM
deontay wilder sounds like he has a vocabulary of about 15 words.

Some low iq mixed with some cte, sprinkle in some off the chart testosterone, naturally and boosted by PED. That is what you get.

The thing is Mike Tyson is actually high iq. If you ever hear him in any somewhat recent interviews he is super funny and insightful. Mike is the poster child for what happens growing up in a bad environment. His story is really amazing. Check out the documentary Carmelo Anthony produced on him quite a few years ago. It’s great.

tpols
07-23-2020, 09:51 PM
Some low iq mixed with some cte, sprinkle in some off the chart testosterone, naturally and boosted by PED. That is what you get.

The thing is Mike Tyson is actually high iq. If you ever hear him in any somewhat recent interviews he is super funny and insightful. Mike is the poster child for what happens growing up in a bad environment. His story is really amazing. Check out the documentary Carmelo Anthony produced on him quite a few years ago. It’s great.

i've watched countless podcasts with him in the past year. there's a long youtube channel called hotboxin' with mike tyson where they smoke and go super philosophical.

Shooter
07-23-2020, 10:53 PM
Floyd retired three times.
MJ retired three times

Floyd and MJ both beat tomato cans and are "undefeated"

Interesting.

Bawkish
07-23-2020, 11:08 PM
MJ retired three times

Interesting.

imagine Lebron wearing both MJ's number & logo on his jersey

Lebron's daddy be like

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTDwIq7wS2HzEa5Mcj8bEFjYgk_XcZG4 pV2G6RApPbzUH2DM4go&s

Bronbron23
07-23-2020, 11:52 PM
MJ retired three times

Interesting.

honestly anyone who says Floyd only fought tomato cans dosnt know boxing.

Shooter
07-24-2020, 02:31 AM
honestly anyone who says Floyd only fought tomato cans dosnt know boxing.

Past prime too I guess

Way past prime Manny and De La Hoya
Similar to beating past prime Stockton and Isiah Thomas

Bronbron23
07-24-2020, 09:11 AM
Past prime too I guess

Way past prime Manny and De La Hoya
Similar to beating past prime Stockton and Isiah Thomas

jordan was the same age just like Floyd was the same age. Both were also past their primes. As far as Oscar he was barely out of his prime and only 4 years older than floyd. Floyd also moved up in weight to fight oscar who was the more natural bigger and stronger fighter.

And even if you take those guys out floyd still beat alot of great fighters. Look bruh i dont even like floyd as a person and his fights can be boring but it is what it is. Hes one of the best to ever do it.

deathawaitu
07-24-2020, 11:25 AM

Ethered and Slayed on first post :roll: