PDA

View Full Version : i know i probably said this before but greek will go down as the goat

Bronbron23
07-24-2020, 10:04 AM
hes only 25 years old. Hes starting to get an outside shot and his defense is getting better also. Hes gonna absolutely dominate the next decade. The only guy who has a chance is luka and i just dont think his slight offense edge is enough to make up the defensive disparity.

Greek is gonna win as many chips as mj and have better stats than both him and lebron. Book it.

ArbitraryWater
07-24-2020, 10:16 AM
Yeah no dought having fans makes the atmosphere much better.

no dought, right?

Bronbron23
07-24-2020, 10:25 AM
no dought, right?

yup:rockon:

AlternativeAcc.
07-24-2020, 12:07 PM
I book another playoff choke for Ganus and LeBrons 4th FMVP

OP is hilariously wrong all the time, this thread reads like a parody but he's actually being serious. Jesus :oldlol:

Shogon
07-24-2020, 12:11 PM
No, no he won't.

Being the GOAT is about narrative as much as anything else.

There is nothing about Giannis that screams transcending basketball itself superstar.

He's a great, great player and will go down as an all time great but he does not have that Jordan "it" factor. LeBron has it. Giannis does not. It's pretty obvious.

Besides, if you want to talk about who the best basketball player ever was, that's Bill Russell... but I digress.

KD7
07-24-2020, 01:24 PM
I very much DOUGHT that

Hey Yo
07-24-2020, 02:51 PM
Jimmy the Greek >>>>> Giannis

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hZWr49UmjAA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xKtIqXMpHcY

HBK_Kliq_2
07-24-2020, 03:11 PM
Not a chance in hell, not with that offense. His claim to playoff success right now is beating Kyrie Irving lol. Giannis really needs a closer/offensive stud like Manu to cover up his weaknesses like Duncan had. Middleton isn't going to cut it in big playoff games.

Bronbron23
07-24-2020, 06:39 PM

OP is hilariously wrong all the time, this thread reads like a parody but he's actually being serious. Jesus :oldlol:

Check my stats buddy. Im actually right alot on here and ill be right with this one too. If his dominance dosnt start this year it will start the year after and after that its on like donkey kong. Book it

Bronbron23
07-24-2020, 06:46 PM
I very much DOUGHT that

its really not that tough of a call tbh. Bron and kawhi only have a year or 2 left on top. Kd is done due to Achilles injury. Whos gonna get in his way? Small gaurds dont dominate the nba so we can take out ja and the dude who looks like a rat from atlanta. Bigs dont get the ball enough in this perimeter focused generation so ad and the big african are out. Theres only 2 players i can think of that might stand in the way and thats luka and tatum and i just dont think they impact the game defensively enough to compete with greek. Time will tell i guess

scuzzy
07-24-2020, 06:48 PM
Zion will surpass Giannis in <2 seasons

tpols
07-24-2020, 07:01 PM
You're really underestimating what other players could pop up over such a long time period... you think what it is now is static, and even if it was there's kawhi, jokic, curry, etc. to deal with who are supremely better playoff performers because of their skill threshold.

For instance, nobody knew in 2010 that Steph Curry would lead a GOAT dynasty. If we were to go exactly 10 years back in time, and you asked whether this baby faced 170 lb kid could produce a dynasty better than say Lebron and Dwayne Wade... you'd get laughed off the site. But it happened. Because the future is extremely unpredictable.

Giannis is a physical freak that lacks skill. That can never be GOAT.

warriorfan
07-24-2020, 07:03 PM

Sounds like a post from I’m so nba’d out read out loud :lol

StrongLurk
07-24-2020, 07:06 PM
no dought, right?

He also didn't use ANY capital letters in his thread title. Who does that?

tpols
07-24-2020, 07:11 PM
Sounds like a post from I’m so nba’d out read out loud :lol

when keeping it real goes wrong. :roll:

Do you not agree with his point? Black players in football and basketball have a bigger disproportionate representation comparative to their population than white coaches. Yet... you never hear clamor for more white players like you do for more black coaches. Why cant we accept the fact that in the USA black people are more athletic and white people, at a physical disadvantage, are forced to use more of their mental capacity to succeed?

Im so nba'd out
07-24-2020, 07:14 PM

This is how white trash talks behind closed doors brothas....The amount of mental gymnastics this pos had to do to come up with "well blacks are superior because we bred them that way" is almost laughable.They will do anything to take credit away from you black man.The only reason he was "cancelled" is that he let the cat out of the bag.

Imagine actually thinking of breeding something to be more powerful than u....what kind of idiot would do that.Imagine the 2 pea size brain cells in his head rubbing together at such a rapid pace that it came up with this theory.

"Yeah, you see the blacks picked so much cotton it made them genetically superior to us in every single way.....yeah that'a fool em" - white trash story passed down
since the 1800's to cope

You had nothing to do with why blacks are the way they are white man....deal with it

Serge Ibaka...Usain Bolt...i could keep going but i wasted too much time already

DoctorP
07-24-2020, 07:15 PM
he's got a lot of work to do to bring the GOAT title to Africa

tpols
07-24-2020, 07:21 PM
"Yeah, you see the blacks picked so much cotton it made them genetically superior to us in every single way....."

https://media.tenor.com/images/63a6f071714d27f049e087d352ea8185/tenor.gif

RRR3
07-24-2020, 07:26 PM
Lmao at you guys thinking there are any inherent differences between the races besides physical appearance. Supreme smooth brain mode.

warriorfan
07-24-2020, 07:48 PM
A humble geneticist

tpols
07-24-2020, 07:55 PM
Lmao at you guys thinking there are any inherent differences between the races besides physical appearance. Supreme smooth brain mode.

Why do black people represent the NBA as players at a 100 fold clip over white, indian, asian people if there is no inherent difference beyond physical appearance?

How did that happen?

Bronbron23
07-24-2020, 08:02 PM
You're really underestimating what other players could pop up over such a long time period... you think what it is now is static, and even if it was there's kawhi, jokic, curry, etc. to deal with who are supremely better playoff performers because of their skill threshold.

For instance, nobody knew in 2010 that Steph Curry would lead a GOAT dynasty. If we were to go exactly 10 years back in time, and you asked whether this baby faced 170 lb kid could produce a dynasty better than say Lebron and Dwayne Wade... you'd get laughed off the site. But it happened. Because the future is extremely unpredictable.

Giannis is a physical freak that lacks skill. That can never be GOAT.

Well curry didnt lead a dynasty first off all. He won one asterisk title followed by a epic choke job the following year and then the warriors went out and got kd because they knew steph couldn't handle lebron.

So i dont see someone whos not on our radar right now coming out and dominating the next 10 years but yes its a slight possibility.

As far as greek lacking skill he dosnt need a whole lot because as you say hes such a physical freak. He just needs a few post moves and maybe a half decent mid and three and hes all good. Ill be bumping this shit in a few years when greek is sitting on 2 or 3 chips.

Stanley Kobrick
07-24-2020, 08:03 PM
Well curry didnt lead a dynasty first off all. He won one asterisk title followed by a epic choke job the following year and then the warriors went out and got kd because they knew steph couldn't handle lebron.

So i dont see someone whos not on our radar right now coming out and dominating the next 10 years but yes its a slight possibility.

As far as greek lacking skill he dosnt need a whole lot because as you say hes such a physical freak. He just needs a few post moves and maybe a half decent mid and three and hes all good. Ill be bumping this shit in a few years when greek is sitting on 2 or 3 chips.
i agree with you bronbron23

Bronbron23
07-24-2020, 08:07 PM

thats not totally true. Theres certain groups that have certain physical characteristics and advantages over others although thats not the case so much with blacks in sports. Its pretty simple really. During slavery whites basically bread blacks to produce super workers. So they d basically take lebron james and serena williams and they'd produce zion williams. Those genes have been passed on to this day.

tpols
07-24-2020, 08:09 PM
He did though bro. The Heat were failures relative to their expectations. The Warriors? Came out of nowhere. In 2014 you wouldn't had seen it coming back to back 67 and 73 win seasons, MVP's and championships... and the perennial known dynasty of the 2010's. That spanked everybody. I'm using that reference to try and explain to you how knowing what will happen in 10 years is foolish... Everybody thought once Durant joined the Dubs they'd win forever. It was two years. You cant predict the future my friend.

Shooter
07-24-2020, 08:14 PM

:lol :lol

Shooter
07-24-2020, 08:21 PM
I very much DOUGHT that

To dought, or not to dought

Shogon
07-24-2020, 08:26 PM

Holy shit you're retarded.

https://i.postimg.cc/X7mFjTd1/haha.png

https://archive-media-0.nyafuu.org/toy/image/1585/42/1585421606917.jpg

Bronbron23
07-24-2020, 08:30 PM
He did though bro. The Heat were failures relative to their expectations. The Warriors? Came out of nowhere. In 2014 you wouldn't had seen it coming back to back 67 and 73 win seasons, MVP's and championships... and the perennial known dynasty of the 2010's. That spanked everybody. I'm using that reference to try and explain to you how knowing what will happen in 10 years is foolish... Everybody thought once Durant joined the Dubs they'd win forever. It was two years. You cant predict the future my friend.

Well you can predict the future actually. People do it all the time. Sometimes they're right sometimes they're not. No nobody saw steph coming the way he did but he was never the best player in the world. Lebron has always been better. Just like greek will always be better then everyone not named lebron. Once lebron is done or in significant decline he'll be the best. Its really not that far out of a prediction. The best players usually win championships. As long as hes on a decent team theres no reason why he wont win multiple chips and pile up the stats while doing it.

SATAN
07-24-2020, 08:36 PM
I very much DOUGHT that

:lol OP is a clown

Bronbron23
07-24-2020, 08:38 PM
:lol OP is a clown

Yeah well at least ill be a clown thats right

SATAN
07-24-2020, 08:43 PM
Yeah well at least ill be a clown thats right

I'll*

that's*

Yep. OP is a really smart guy.

Bronbron23
07-24-2020, 08:51 PM
I'll*

that's*

Yep. OP is a really smart guy.

Its a forum not a literature quiz. Sorry professor next time ill make sure i check my grammar and punctuations.

SATAN
07-24-2020, 09:02 PM
Its a forum not a literature quiz. Sorry professor next time ill make sure i check my grammar and punctuations.

Look, here's a tip: People might actually take you seriously if you learn how to spell properly and form coherent sentences. You should at least get in the habit, forum or otherwise.

light
07-24-2020, 09:35 PM
He's still so far behind at age 25.

I don't believe he's going to have a long peak, considering his slow start. The end of his career will resemble the beginning of his career.

It's somewhat a matter of pedigree.

Bronbron23
07-24-2020, 09:50 PM
Look, here's a tip: People might actually take you seriously if you learn how to spell properly and form coherent sentences. You should at least get in the habit, forum or otherwise.

Thats the dumbest shit ive ever heard. I think you guys been on this shit hole for so long you actually think it means something.

And i im in investments buddy. I do more paper work than id like. This place is like a convo id have on the street or barber shop or something. I use my normal style of speaking on where i grew up. When im at work or around certain settings i talk completely different. Its a black thing buddy. I dont expect u to understand.

Bronbron23
07-24-2020, 09:52 PM
He's still so far behind at age 25.

I don't believe he's going to have a long peak, considering his slow start. The end of his career will resemble the beginning of his career.

It's somewhat a matter of pedigree.

how is he far behind? Who is he far behind? Mj and bron didn't have any chips till there late 20's and as far as stats and accolades go greek is right there

SATAN
07-24-2020, 09:54 PM
Thats the dumbest shit ive ever heard. I think you guys been on this shit hole for so long you actually think it means something.

And i im in investments buddy. I do more paper work than id like. This place is like a convo id have on the street or barber shop or something. I use my normal style of speaking on where i grew up. When im at work or around certain settings i talk completely different. Its a black thing buddy. I dont expect u to understand.

1. You've been here longer than me (and I'm sure this isn't your first account).
2. It sounds like your equating bad spelling with being black.
3. I don't believe you have a job at all.

Bronbron23
07-24-2020, 10:14 PM
1. You've been here longer than me (and I'm sure this isn't your first account).

1. It dosnt matter how long you've been here you do realize that this place is a shit hole right? I mean its cool to come here to talk ball and shit and there are some good discussions sometimes but for the most part this place is a joke.

2. No im not equating that at all. Like i said its a black think and you obviously dont get it and i cant bother trying to explain it to because i just dont care tbh.

3. You can believe whatever you want. I think your a goofy fakkit but we'll never know will we.

Axe
07-24-2020, 10:15 PM
hypocrite :lol

SATAN
07-24-2020, 10:45 PM
1. It dosnt matter how long you've been here you do realize that this place is a shit hole right? I mean its cool to come here to talk ball and shit and there are some good discussions sometimes but for the most part this place is a joke.

Yes. Ironically you make it worse with terrible threads like this. How can a guy who is considerably less skilled than those already in "goat" contention even be in the conversation?

As someone else already pointed out, Axe adds absolutely nothing to this board. What a waste of bandwidth. He's going on the ignore list.

Bronbron23
07-24-2020, 10:57 PM
Yes. Ironically you make it worse with terrible threads like this. How can a guy who is considerably less skilled than those already in "goat" contention even be in the conversation?

As someone else already pointed out, Axe adds absolutely nothing to this board. What a waste of bandwidth. He's going on the ignore list.

Its just a prediction dude. There were people saying the same shit about mj in the 80's. Were they crazy then? Theres a chance i could be wrong. It wont be the first or last but i really dont think i will be. Greek has that it factor. You can just see that he wants it. Hes already developing a serviceable three and hes working on the mid and post. Once that comes it really is game over. He'll be the best offensive and defensive player in the league. At the very least he'll be the second best in both areas. I could see luka being better offensively and i could maybe see bol bol being better defensively in the future.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
07-24-2020, 11:15 PM
I think you're way off, but that's my "prediction" too.

Giannis can be BITW the next 5 or 6 years and it still wont guarantee him a title. Lebron was the best player a handful of years and he wasn't guaranteed chips either. If KD/Kyrie end up working out, what then? They could legitimately contend the next 3 years. What if another star joins Luka and Porzingis? How about Zion? If he winds up panning out with BI, and they get another star, anything can happen.

My point is its still a TEAM sport. As of now, Giannis doesn't have the skill to be a serious GOAT threat. 25 y/o Lebron was clearly a better player and that's from the eye test alone.

Hey Yo
07-24-2020, 11:42 PM
Why do black people represent the NBA as players at a 100 fold clip over white, indian, asian people if there is no inherent difference beyond physical appearance?

How did that happen?

Bronbron23
07-24-2020, 11:45 PM
I think you're way off, but that's my "prediction" too.

Giannis can be BITW the next 5 or 6 years and it still wont guarantee him a title. Lebron was the best player a handful of years and he wasn't guaranteed chips either. If KD/Kyrie end up working out, what then? They could legitimately contend the next 3 years. What if another star joins Luka and Porzingis? How about Zion? If he winds up panning out with BI, and they get another star, anything can happen.

My point is its still a TEAM sport. As of now, Giannis doesn't have the skill to be a serious GOAT threat. 25 y/o Lebron was clearly a better player and that's from the eye test alone.

Well of course its not guaranteed. I dont even consider kd and kyrie a threat. Kd is gonna be 32 coming off and Achilles. The chances of him dominating is slim and kyrie isnt enough to pick up the slack. Kyrie with the best player in the world and possibly ever could barely get it done and bron was in his prime. I dont see kyre getting it done with a past prime kd coming off an Achilles.

If another star joins luka and porz than yeah maybe and im not sure about zion, bi and whoever. Zion will probably have injuries qnd ive never been sold on bi.

As far as lebron being a better player at 25 id agree but its not like its not close. Bron was a better passer and slightly better scorer. Greek is a better defender and rebounder.

3ball
07-25-2020, 01:04 AM
Not as long as he looks like a beginner shooting jumpshots

the core skills MATTER folks, otherwise the player won't win enough to be goat

if you see a guy with beginner-level jumpshooting skill - that player cannot and WILL not be goat until he becomes an elite jumpshooter.. elite jumpshooting is a mandatory skill for goat, otherwise they won't win enough

Bronbron23
07-25-2020, 07:10 AM

if you see a guy with beginner-level jumpshooting skill - that player cannot and WILL not be goat until he becomes an elite jumpshooter.. elite jumpshooting is a mandatory skill for goat, otherwise they won't win enough

Magic and kareem are in the convo and they dont have jumpers. Even bron had a suspect jumper for most of his chips and some considerer him goat. A nice jumper definitely helps but not sure its absolutely necessary if your a freak like bron and greek. A mediocre one will suffice.

ImKobe
07-25-2020, 08:22 AM

This is true for Giannis. You could argue that a big like Shaq wouldn't need a jumper to be the GOAT, but his limited FT shooting ability alone is why he only won 4 rings and why he always needed an elite wing player to have Playoff success, due to being a liability in crunch time.

And I'm getting worried for Giannis this season as well, he's struggled on FTs to the point where he's almost Dwight Howard-level. I feel like having elite FT shooting ability is almost as important as having a jump shot for a guy like Giannis, who leaves a ton of points just at the line, it also makes him a liability in crunch time, obviously.

RRR3
07-25-2020, 10:35 AM
This is true for Giannis. You could argue that a big like Shaq wouldn't need a jumper to be the GOAT, but his limited FT shooting ability alone is why he only won 4 rings and why he always needed an elite wing player to have Playoff success, due to being a liability in crunch time.

And I'm getting worried for Giannis this season as well, he's struggled on FTs to the point where he's almost Dwight Howard-level. I feel like having elite FT shooting ability is almost as important as having a jump shot for a guy like Giannis, who leaves a ton of points just at the line, it also makes him a liability in crunch time, obviously.
Lmao at “only 4 rings”

ImKobe
07-25-2020, 10:41 AM
Lmao at “only 4 rings”

Yes. We're talking GOAT here. 4 rings is an "only". Also, Shaq played with so many great players and on so many great teams that 4 seems kind of low for the "MDE". Kobe won 5 and he went through his peak years with the worst supporting casts. Shaq played on Nash's Suns, Lebron's Cavs and finished his career with the Boston Big 3. It's crazy how he didn't make a Finals past 06.

DoctorP
07-25-2020, 11:05 AM
Yes. We're talking GOAT here. 4 rings is an "only". Also, Shaq played with so many great players and on so many great teams that 4 seems kind of low for the "MDE". Kobe won 5 and he went through his peak years with the worst supporting casts. Shaq played on Nash's Suns, Lebron's Cavs and finished his career with the Boston Big 3. It's crazy how he didn't make a Finals past 06.

You must be young and a fetus during this time but it's not crazy at all. Shaq was washed up after his second year in Miami.

He was effective in spurts but the game had passed him by.

Axe
07-25-2020, 11:10 AM
I have a feeling that the cavs with shaq had the potential to appear there but they got wrecked again by boston during the '10 ecsf, one with 50 wins and a low fourth seed in the east.

ralph_i_el
07-25-2020, 11:31 AM
If he goes down as GOAT, he's going to need an ATG perimeter sidekick.

Whoah10115
07-25-2020, 02:09 PM
Magic developed his ugly jumpshot into a very good ugly jumpshot.

Read it in books, seen it enough games.

ImKobe
07-25-2020, 02:16 PM
You must be young and a fetus during this time but it's not crazy at all. Shaq was washed up after his second year in Miami.

He was effective in spurts but the game had passed him by.

Shaq still played at a high level in 2009...

3ball
07-25-2020, 05:37 PM
Magic and kareem are in the convo and they dont have jumpers. Even bron had a suspect jumper for most of his chips and some considerer him goat. A nice jumper definitely helps but not sure its absolutely necessary if your a freak like bron and greek. A mediocre one will suffice.

Magic isn't a goat candidate - no one has him #1

And Kareem's skyhook was like a jumper, although he's a center so it doesn't matter

For any perimeter player, elite jumpshooting skill is ONE of the prerequisites for goat.. giannis looks like a beginner taking jumpshots, so he can't win enough to be goat with such a gaping hole in his skillset

Bronbron23
07-25-2020, 05:59 PM
Magic isn't a goat candidate - no one has him #1

And Kareem's skyhook was like a jumper, although he's a center so it doesn't matter

For any perimeter player, elite jumpshooting skill is ONE of the prerequisites for goat.. giannis looks like a beginner taking jumpshots, so he can't win enough to be goat with such a gaping hole in his skillset

Kareem's sky hook was definitely sick ill give u that. Greeks euro is just as unstoppable although less effective in a playoff half court setting. Not sure greek is considered a perimeter player. He does bring the ball up alot and does play on the perimeter but he plays down low too.

I just think hes such a freak that he really only needs a mediocre mid and post to be unstoppable. I dont know why people think he cant develop it. Hes only 25. Shit kawhi didnt have a crazy offensive game and now he has one of the best.

3ball
07-25-2020, 06:07 PM
Kareem's sky hook was definitely sick ill give u that. Greeks euro is just as unstoppable although less effective in a playoff half court setting. Not sure greek is considered a perimeter player. He does bring the ball up alot and does play on the perimeter but he plays down low too.

I just think hes such a freak that he really only needs a mediocre mid and post to be unstoppable. I dont know why people think he cant develop it. Hes only 25. Shit kawhi didnt have a crazy offensive game and now he has one of the best.

He can't get away with a mediocre jumpshooting skill - he won't win enough rings for a clear-cut goat case.. although he could win 2 or 3 like many others have too..

But he's elite as a post player AND off-the-dribble - maybe the first guy ever like that (although I guess MJ was both too.. except he wasn't a "big man" like giannis is)

AlternativeAcc.
07-25-2020, 08:53 PM
Giannis won't win any rings..

Bucks window is very small

Idk where this idea that Giannis is a shoe-in for multiple rings comes from... he's a shoe-in to retire ringless

Axe
07-25-2020, 08:56 PM
Giannis won't win any rings..

Bucks window is very small

Idk where this idea that Giannis is a shoe-in for multiple rings comes from... he's a shoe-in to retire ringless
:oldlol: