PDA

View Full Version : Is Pippen's Performance In The 1991 Eastern Conference Finals vs Detroit Underrated?

Round Mound
07-26-2020, 05:16 AM
The Bulls finally got passed the Badboys.

I havent watched that series in a long time but i just found these Pippen stats and they look way underrated. Since everyone just talks about MJ etc

These where the stats for the two best players on the Bulls

MJ: 29.8 PPG on 53.5%, 5.3 RPG, 7.0 APG, 2.3 SPG and 1.8 BPG

Pippen: 22.0 PPG on 47.5% FG, 7.8 RPG, 5.3 APG, 3.0 SPG and 2.0 BPG

Pippen wa EASILY THE GREATEST 2ND OPTION EVER!

Sarcastic
07-26-2020, 05:22 AM
Kobe, Wade, Curry, Kareem, Magic, Dr J, as well as others, are all easily ahead of Pippen as a 2nd option.

Uncle Drew
07-26-2020, 05:23 AM

I would have to agree with this.

SATAN
07-26-2020, 05:29 AM
Agreed. As MJ said..."There wouldn't be a Michael Jordan without Scottie Pippen"...Essentially admitting his own impact is completely over blown by his stans. Unsurprisingly, his lower level ego and pride soon got the better of him again and he went on to down grade Scottie's contributions, tarnishing another friendship with his big mouth and asshole nature in the process. Classic MJ. Absolute ****.

SATAN
07-26-2020, 05:30 AM
Kobe, Wade, Curry, Kareem, Magic, Dr J, as well as others, are all easily ahead of Pippen as a 2nd option.

Those players aren't really know as being the second option in the same context as Pippen.

Sarcastic
07-26-2020, 05:36 AM
Those players aren't really know as being the second option in the same context as Pippen.

Well they are players that were fully capable of being 1st options on championship teams, but won championships as a 2nd as well. They aren't career Robins the way Pippen is.

They are all vastly superior to Pippen as a 1st or 2nd option as well. A full tier or more ahead.

warriorfan
07-26-2020, 11:55 AM
What a meltdown.

:roll:

insidious301
07-26-2020, 12:02 PM
Pippen is underrated in general however this is one of his better known series. Game 3 in particular is one of Pippen's best playoff games. And it was in Detroit!

Stanley Kobrick
07-26-2020, 12:02 PM
The Bulls finally got passed the Badboys.

I havent watched that series in a long time but i just found these Pippen stats and they look way underrated. Since everyone just talks about MJ etc

These where the stats for the two best players on the Bulls

MJ: 29.8 PPG on 53.5%, 5.3 RPG, 7.0 APG, 2.3 SPG and 1.8 BPG

Pippen: 22.0 PPG on 47.5% FG, 7.8 RPG, 5.3 APG, 3.0 SPG and 2.0 BPG

very interesting, high IQ user

Shooter
07-26-2020, 12:15 PM
very interesting, high IQ user

Thick IQ

WE STAY WINNING.air guitar gif

Carbine
07-26-2020, 01:10 PM
His entire '91 playoff run was phenomenal.

3ball
07-26-2020, 01:37 PM
Perhaps MJ's biggest triumph was getting Pippen to mentally overcome the Pistons

Pippen grew from a player that the Pistons "didn't even think about" for 3 straight years, to a guy piling on in a 4-0 sweep

Now let's talk about the very end of Game 6 in the 98' ECF

Axe
07-26-2020, 08:39 PM
I wonder why pip still gets berated these days. The guy did what he's supposed to do in the team while being humble and mature at the same time. If anything, both him and mj blended well on the court plus complemented each other too. There's a reason why baldan wanted him to stay in the bulls, probably for security reasons. The best part tho is that he was already there from the start, that he didn't hop into his team to become a potential star.

Agreed. As MJ said..."There wouldn't be a Michael Jordan without Scottie Pippen"...Essentially admitting his own impact is completely over blown by his stans. Unsurprisingly, his lower level ego and pride soon got the better of him again and he went on to down grade Scottie's contributions, tarnishing another friendship with his big mouth and asshole nature in the process. Classic MJ. Absolute ****.
https://media1.tenor.com/images/850dec4033f3435aca2297ab031aa39a/tenor.gif

insidious301
07-26-2020, 09:39 PM
I wonder why pip still gets berated these days. The guy did what he's supposed to do in the team while being humble and mature at the same time. If anything, both him and mj blended well on the court plus complemented each other too. There's a reason why baldan wanted him to stay in the bulls, probably for security reasons. The best part tho is that he was already there from the start, that he didn't hop into his team to become a potential star.

Baldan? That is funny, Axe. Pippen will always be in Jordan's shadow and because of that, he will never be rated fairly. You can have a discussion over Pippen's impact and there will always be posters thinking you're putting him on Jordan's level. Apart from one superfan I have interacted with on ISH, nobody actually overrates Pippen.

Axe
07-26-2020, 09:56 PM
Baldan? That is funny, Axe. Pippen will always be in Jordan's shadow and because of that, he will never be rated fairly. You can have a discussion over Pippen's impact and there will always be posters thinking you're putting him on Jordan's level. Apart from one superfan I have interacted with on ISH, nobody actually overrates Pippen.
Well, i only call him like that so i won't be labeled an 'mj stan', you know. :oldlol:

Anyway, i like them both and think they're great because the bulls have been my favorite team since my toddler days. In fact, i even have the dvd of their 90s dynasty, six chips in total plus the eleven rings book published by hof coach phil jackson. Now I'm planning to buy a poster of pippen to hang in my room too.

Oh well, those were the days. I wish chicago would be successful in the league again someday...

insidious301
07-26-2020, 11:29 PM
Well, i only call him like that so i won't be labeled an 'mj stan', you know. :oldlol:

Anyway, i like them both and think they're great because the bulls have been my favorite team since my toddler days. In fact, i even have the dvd of their 90s dynasty, six chips in total plus the eleven rings book published by hof coach phil jackson. Now I'm planning to buy a poster of pippen to hang in my room too.

Oh well, those were the days. I wish chicago would be successful in the league again someday...

Never pegged you as a "Chicago Bulls fan", Axe. But what do I know? Haha. All of that sounds like you can go down memory lane, and at your finger tips! Pretty cool.

jlip
07-27-2020, 12:13 AM
Just looking at stats alone, Pippen's 22.0ppg would have made him the Piston's leading scorer. His 7.8rpg would have made him the Piston's leading rebounder. His 5.3apg would have made him 2nd on the Pistons in assists. His 3.0 spg would not only have led the Pistons in steals, but doubled their leader in steals. His 2.0 bpg would have led the Pistons in blocks. So MJ's second option that series would have led the opponent in all five major stats other than assists.

AlternativeAcc.
07-27-2020, 12:21 AM
Just looking at stats alone, Pippen's 22.0ppg would have made him the Piston's leading scorer. His 7.8rpg would have made him the Piston's leading rebounder. His 5.3apg would have made him 2nd on the Pistons in assists. His 3.0 spg would not only have led the Pistons in steals, but doubled their leader in assists. His 2.0 bpg would have led the Pistons in blocks. So MJ's second option that series would have led the opponent in all five major stats other than assists.

Jesus.

Pippen > Baldan

3ball
07-27-2020, 01:16 AM
Just looking at stats alone, Pippen's 22.0ppg would have made him the Piston's leading scorer. His 7.8rpg would have made him the Piston's leading rebounder. His 5.3apg would have made him 2nd on the Pistons in assists. His 3.0 spg would not only have led the Pistons in steals, but doubled their leader in steals. His 2.0 bpg would have led the Pistons in blocks. So MJ's second option that series would have led the opponent in all five major stats other than assists.

Pippen vs. 88-90' Pistons.... 12 on 42%

"Pippen was my main focus. I had to get him ready".. Jordan

^^^ only Pippen sucked for 3 straight years

The way you guys talk about him, you'd think his stats would be a lot better and his man would be getting locked down.. but that never happened

ELITEpower23
07-27-2020, 02:30 AM

Killer Combo. Ultra! Ultraaa! Ultraaaa!

GimmeThat
07-27-2020, 02:39 AM
Pippen vs. 88-90' Pistons.... 12 on 42%

"Pippen was my main focus. I had to get him ready".. Jordan

^^^ only Pippen sucked for 3 straight years

The way you guys talk about him, you'd think his stats would be a lot better and his man would be getting locked down.. but that never happened

so, you're a shower, not a grower

Round Mound
07-27-2020, 03:01 AM

:applause:

Axe
07-27-2020, 05:17 AM
so, you're a shower, not a grower
:roll:

Roundball_Rock
07-27-2020, 02:38 PM
Yeah, I think what MJ and Pippen did in 91' is forgotten (aside from MJ in the finals) because they steamrolled the comp. There weren't memorable series like there were the following year against NY, POR or in 93' against NY, PHX, for example.

Pippen outplayed prime Isiah, Dumars, and Worthy in consecutive series in 91'. :pimp: