PDA

View Full Version : Can a trio of Penny, Richmond and Shaq beat the 1997 and 1998 Chicago Bulls?

Lebron23
07-26-2020, 02:33 PM
Shaquille O'neal stays with the Orlando Magic instead of going to the Lakers. They traded Dennis Scott and Nick Anderson for Mitch Richmond. Horace Grant is 100 percent healthy next season.

JBSptfn
07-26-2020, 09:47 PM
I don't know about the 97 Bulls, but they would definitely beat the 98 Bulls. I don't see the Bulls getting by Indiana and then that Magic team in the ECF.

Whoah10115
07-26-2020, 10:00 PM
Hell of a team.

Don't forget that Penny got hurt in 97. If that guy stays healthy, and they have him and Richmond in the backcourt, then Horace and Shaq up front...I mean...that's scary.

97/98 Utah beat an LA team with Shaq, Jones, Van Excel (all all-stars despite Kobe being voted in as a starter. Then Kobe 6th man, Campbell off bench, Horry and Fox...Fisher another good player off the bench.

They didn't have the starting lineup the Lakers had, but they had a terrific one, with more depth. They got swept.

Tho Richmond is makes them a better trio than Run TMC, with Shaq better than Mullin and a big man, plus Penny the better Hardaway (saying a lot).

No chance they beat 97 Bulls.

GimmeThat
07-26-2020, 10:11 PM
if Larry Brown is coaching them, or a Don Nelson who isn't afraid of playing heavy minutes with his players. There's a case.

light
07-26-2020, 11:53 PM
Shaquille O'neal stays with the Orlando Magic instead of going to the Lakers. They traded Dennis Scott and Nick Anderson for Mitch Richmond. Horace Grant is 100 percent healthy next season.

Not without Phil Jackson.

In that matchup essentially whichever team has Phil Jackson is going to win the series.

Bawkish
07-27-2020, 01:18 AM
nah

Bull's defense would still clamp them (Harp, Pip, MJ, Worm)