PDA

View Full Version : Why are coaches and NBA players "socially distanced" on the bench...

hiphopanonymous
07-30-2020, 11:36 PM
Watching the games today, I noticed the players and coaches are all seated "socially distanced" 6 feet apart. But, why exactly? They play against each other... full contact. No mask. No doubt the social distancing on the bench is totally pointless and I'm not a mask effectiveness or covid denier either. Anyone know why they do it this way?

fourkicks44
07-30-2020, 11:47 PM
It does seem kinda silly but two things come to mind,

While they are rubbing up on each other and sweating it up on court simple mathematics suggests the more you social distance the lower the probability you will transmit or be infected with covid. Simple Math.

Secondly, they are extremely public figures and prominent faces in the community, so setting a good example for others on national TV sends a powerful message.

HylianNightmare
07-31-2020, 12:01 AM

While they are rubbing up on each other and sweating it up on court simple mathematics suggests the more you social distance the lower the probability you will transmit or be infected with covid. Simple Math.

Secondly, they are extremely public figures and prominent faces in the community, so setting a good example for others on national TV sends a powerful message.

Simple

MoBe1Kanobi
07-31-2020, 12:04 AM
Reggie really blind

FourthTenor
07-31-2020, 12:16 AM

Also sometimes known as propaganda.

Wavves
07-31-2020, 12:17 AM

Their chairs a little bit apart from each other, they're not being put into gas chambers....

FourthTenor
07-31-2020, 01:14 AM
Their chairs a little bit apart from each other, they're not being put into gas chambers....

https://media1.giphy.com/media/jTIDnpgh9iC5sECSwn/giphy.gif

Marchesk
07-31-2020, 01:34 AM
I think it's unnecessary and dumb since they will be playing on the court with no mask. And do you really think people opposed to wearing masks are going to be convinced by the NBA?

FourthTenor
07-31-2020, 02:09 AM
I think it's unnecessary and dumb since they will be playing on the court with no mask. And do you really think people opposed to wearing masks are going to be convinced by the NBA?

Plus theyre being tested every 10 minutes in the bubble, and if they test positive they arent supposed to be playing anyway.

Everything involving this supposed “pandemic” is a total joke :roll:

iamgine
07-31-2020, 02:41 AM
It's for the good appearance of minimizing the risk every chance they got.

FourthTenor
07-31-2020, 02:53 AM
It's for the good appearance of minimizing the risk every chance they got.

Nothin like a good, self-aggrandizing virtue signal :pimp:

warriorfan
07-31-2020, 03:54 AM
It’s all a show.

Walk on Water
07-31-2020, 04:02 AM
Or maybe it's about getting less corona. The more time you spend with someone with corona, the more infected you become. But if you distance and spend a little less time with someone infected, you might not get infected. They say spending 15 to 30 minutes in the same space as someone is different than spending 2 to 5 minutes with someone.

FireDavidKahn
07-31-2020, 06:07 AM
To minimize the risk of catching it if someone were to get it.

guy
07-31-2020, 08:20 AM
Catching corona isn’t a binary event where if you just come across someone who has it you automatically get it. It matters how much you’re exposed. With that being the case, they should probably be wearing masks on the bench as well and the seats definitely don’t look 6 ft apart. The appearance of that though is way better then if they were sitting as close they usually do.

ralph_i_el
07-31-2020, 08:54 AM

In the same way a little sign that says "wash your hands" is propaganda.

Damn liberals always telling me to wash the shit off my hands! There's no shit, and if there is, a Chinese person must of shit on me.

FourthTenor
07-31-2020, 11:56 AM
In the same way a little sign that says "wash your hands" is propaganda.

Damn liberals always telling me to wash the shit off my hands! There's no shit, and if there is, a Chinese person must of shit on me.

Low IQ take.

A sign to wash your hands is a direct order, not a social message guised in some kind of celebrity entertainment event.

Problem is youre the guy who isnt exceptionally smart, but really, really wants to be... and the media can make you believe anything by selling you the idea it’s what “all the really smartest ppl r thinking.”

And you wanna belong and befit the identity, so you follow and parrot.

Weak.