PDA

View Full Version : Kawhi has all asterisk titles

AirBonner
07-31-2020, 12:27 PM
Not one legit ring. Joined a 50+ win raptors team and road the coattails of Tim, Manu, and Parker. Now he joined a 50+ win clippers team with 4 teammates that can go off for 30+ pts on any given night. Kawhi stacked the deck everywhere he has gone

Shogon
07-31-2020, 12:30 PM
If he wins one with the Clippers he will officially surpass Kobe as the luckiest star player of all time.

Don't get it twisted, Kobe, Kawhi? They're both fantastic players. But they're both also lucky af.

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?482096-And-the-awards-go-to&p=14052189&viewfull=1#post14052189

So the Clippers have two people that are receiving significant nods for 6th man of the year...

The Clippers are absolutely stacked. If they don't win the title it'll be one of three reasons... 1) somebody on the Clippers got hurt, 2) Paul George choked his brains out or 3) Some other player from some other team absolutely blew the **** up for a series and put them away.

I just don't see how they don't win it all because those 3 things are unlikely to happen.

They are the best team from top to bottom.

And once they do, Kawhi will have officially supplanted Kobe Bryant as the luckiest player of all time in terms of the rosters around him.

This clown starts off with Tim Duncan, Tony Parker & Manu... then he goes to the Raptors in 2019 which are absolutely loaded af AND their main opposition suffers TWO MAJOR INJURIES IN THE FINALS (Durant out for season, Klay out for season.)

Kobe got to play with peak Shaq and then later on after sucking ass with a terrible roster, Pau Gasol, Andrew Bynum, Lamar Odom & Ron Artest(Artest-2010)... once again the best front court in the league.

Now, I want to clarify... both Kobe & Kawhi were elite players, there is no room for interpretation there. However, they both are going to get major MAJOR bumps up in the all time standing for no reason other than being the two luckiest stars in terms of supporting casts of all time. I mean it's actually unreal how many "free" rings these guys got. Just unreal.

Both elite and both overrated af. Yes, you can be elite and still overrated af. Kawhi would do the same thing as Kobe and 99% of other star wings throughout history on a bad team... he'd miss the playoffs entirely or get his ass reamed in the first round. The worst team Kawhi has ever been on was like the 2018 Spurs or some shit, and Pop still had those guys hopping. lol.

It actually pisses me off thinking about how stupid people are and how unable they are to properly evaluate individual players and just see "rangz." I need to go back to counseling. In fact, googling that right now.

bullettooth
07-31-2020, 12:31 PM
LeCollusion fanboys trying real hard to deflect.

Gray GOAT
07-31-2020, 12:32 PM
Not one legit ring. Joined a 50+ win raptors team and road the coattails of Tim, Manu, and Parker. Now he joined a 50+ win clippers team with 4 teammates that can go off for 30+ pts on any given night. Kawhi stacked the deck everywhere he has gone

Yes, and the lack of backlash shows exactly as to why he is not an all-time great player. Actual great players making the moves he has made would get scrutinized and put in a guillotine, by the media, by the fans. Kawhi Leonard has continuously stacked the deck, he continuously sits games and cherry picks when to play or not play, he actually tampered with Paul George, his team has won big time match ups in his absence and not a beep. I'd like to see a solid explanation how that could happen.

SouBeachTalents
07-31-2020, 12:36 PM
If he wins one with the Clippers he will officially surpass Kobe as the luckiest star player of all time.

Don't get it twisted, Kobe, Kawhi? They're both fantastic players. But they're both also lucky af.

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?482096-And-the-awards-go-to&p=14052189&viewfull=1#post14052189
I don't disagree with anything you said, but do those two really stand out more than guys like Magic, Bird, Duncan, Durant etc.

Tobio-Star
07-31-2020, 12:36 PM
LeCollusion fanboys trying real hard to deflect.

OP forgot to mention Jordan's titles too. 1-9 without Pippen

LAmbruh
07-31-2020, 12:38 PM
OP forgot to mention Jordan's titles too. 1-9 without Pippen

:lol

scuzzy
07-31-2020, 12:40 PM
It would be funny af if Lakers somehow end up facing Raptors in the Finals

Very possible too

AirBonner
07-31-2020, 12:46 PM
It would be funny af if Lakers somehow end up facing Raptors in the Finals

Very possible tooLeBronto raptors

tpols
07-31-2020, 12:59 PM
playing with the old spurs, and playoff wash out raptors isnt an asterick. Playing with prime dwayne wade and david robinson is.

AirBonner
07-31-2020, 01:08 PM
playing with the old spurs, and playoff wash out raptors isnt an asterick. Playing with prime dwayne wade and david robinson is.

Klay Thompson AND Kevin Durant we’re injured. That’s as clear of an asterisk as you can get

StrongLurk
07-31-2020, 01:08 PM
Kawhi's first Ring/FMVP isn't an asterisk, it just doesn't "mean" much when it comes to all time rankings because he was a role player, albeit a good one.

Last year's ring is definitely an asterisk with KD getting injured. I'm sure Karl Malone, John Stockton, Gary Payton, Sean Kemp, Charles Barkley, and Clyde Drexler would have a ring if MJ blew out his achilles in the finals.

Tobio-Star
07-31-2020, 01:17 PM
Kawhi's first Ring/FMVP isn't an asterisk, it just doesn't "mean" much when it comes to all time rankings because he was a role player, albeit a good one.

Yeah so that's an asterisk title. Do you think someone cares about Patrick McCaw's 3 rings?

Roundball_Rock
07-31-2020, 01:30 PM
I don't think there are any asterisk rings but rings have to be assessed in context. Kawhi won in 14' as a role player and 19' via luck. That doesn't negate his greatness (basically MJ-lite) but if the argument for him, as we often hear, is about rings/FMVP's they have to be put in context.

Playing with prime dwayne wade and david robinson is.

Duncan never played with prime Robinson. Robinson was 32 by Duncan's rookie year.

Prime Wade was not on the Heat title teams.

playing with the old spurs, and playoff wash out raptors

The same Raptors who have the third best record in the NBA today or the same Spurs who won 61 games and the 1 seed before he got there? That's washed up and washed out respectively? :lol

StrongLurk
07-31-2020, 01:30 PM
Asterisk implies something ruined the game. Nothing ruined the game in 2014. Spurs won fairly and Kawhi won FMVP fairly.

I think the term you want to use is a "weak" ring. Definitely not asterisked (for example crazy injuries in the playoffs like 2015 Cavs/2019 Warriors), or covid-19 destroying this year.

kawhileonard2
07-31-2020, 03:19 PM
Lebrons titles are asterisks. He had to form super teams to win.

Roundball_Rock
07-31-2020, 03:26 PM
Lebrons titles are asterisks. He had to form super teams to win.

Against:

*A team with 3 future MVP's
*A team with 4 future HOF
*A team with 3 future HOF, one who was the unanimous MVP and a fourth player who was an Olympian/FMVP