PDA

View Full Version : At what point do you start to panic if you are a Zion/Pelicans fan?

ncrizzle
07-31-2020, 02:33 PM
The next savior of the NBA was on the sideline riding the bike when his team was down a bucket in the clutch. IN A MUST WIN GAME.

Zion has had basically 1.5 years to improve on his weight and conditioning since his days at duke. Yet yesterday, he appeared to be as big and as gassed as he has ever been. At what point do you start to panic about zion? Beginning of next season? 2 years from now? ARE YOU ALREADY PANICKING? As a fan of the game and someone who was excited to watch this guy play, there should be no excuse for him showing up like he did.
https://i.imgur.com/e7hyYf6.jpg

LAmbruh
07-31-2020, 03:00 PM
Lonzo in a must win game

4 points, 2-13 FG, 0-4 3P, 0-2 FT

4th Quarter

Lonzo: 0-3
InGram: 1-6

muh young core doe

BigtimeNBAFan
07-31-2020, 03:21 PM
Lonzo in a must win game

4 points, 2-13 FG, 0-4 3P, 0-2 FT

4th Quarter

Lonzo: 0-3
InGram: 1-6

muh young core doe
A great example of why you always take the for sure superstar over "prospects." The Brow was a for sure thing and the Lakers are the title favorites. They weren't coming close this year with Lonzo and Ingraham.

Kblaze8855
07-31-2020, 03:26 PM
Zion is fine. Nobody has any reason to panic. They are just going to the extreme point of caution much as the 76ers did with Embiid despite fewer serious problems.

LAmbruh
07-31-2020, 03:34 PM
A great example of why you always take the for sure superstar over "prospects." The Brow was a for sure thing and the Lakers are the title favorites. They weren't coming close this year with Lonzo and Ingraham.

Bingo :applause:

fsvr54
07-31-2020, 03:47 PM
It's not a Zion issue, it's a Pelicans issue. They were being way too cautious. He should lead the team in FG attempts, but doofuses like Ingram and others think they deserve more shots. They would've won with more Zion in the 4th.

ncrizzle
07-31-2020, 03:47 PM
Zion is fine. Nobody has any reason to panic. They are just going to the extreme point of caution much as the 76ers did with Embiid despite fewer serious problems.

https://cdn.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/s7qMSKpeavBerH1LCyFPIkNrW4k=/0x0:900x500/1400x1050/filters:focal(378x178:522x322):format(jpeg)/cdn.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_image/image/49493993/this-is-fine.0.jpg

brooks_thompson
07-31-2020, 06:17 PM

Yeah, and where did that get the Sixers? It got them a coddled baby who’s lazy about his conditioning and who has been trained to think his body can’t handle more than 60 games a year, so is too afraid to push himself beyond that point.

jayfan
07-31-2020, 06:27 PM
Based on the team's defensive performance yesterday....yesterday.

ImKobe
07-31-2020, 06:31 PM
Zion is the most overhyped star in the past 10 years. He's good for like 5 highlight plays a game - but that's literally all he ever does. No effort on the defensive end and close to 0 effort on the boards. He had 5 months to get in shape and he looked worse than he did in his rookie debut..

Kblaze8855
07-31-2020, 06:31 PM
Yeah, and where did that get the Sixers? It got them a coddled baby who’s lazy about his conditioning and who has been trained to think his body can’t handle more than 60 games a year, so is too afraid to push himself beyond that point.

Where did it get them? It got them a 25 year old in his 3rd season of HOF caliber play who lost to the nba champs in game 7 on a 4 bounce corner fade-away.

Is that....not good?

The 76ers have had what....one better season in the last 35 years? Two?

When you are building from arguably the worst team in history....being a pretty steady good team that plays champions to a standstill is kinda....good. What was supposed to happen by now exactly?

Kblaze8855
07-31-2020, 06:34 PM
Zion is the most overhyped star in the past 10 years. He's good for like 5 highlight plays a game - but that's literally all he ever does. No effort on the defensive end and close to 0 effort on the boards. He had 5 months to get in shape and he looked worse than he did in his rookie debut..

Both sides of this stupid eternal fight between you hating on Zion and the idiots hating on BI(both of which tie into o a stupid Lebron argument) are ridiculous. You types literally refuse to let people who can be seen to make Lebron look good or bad stand on their own. Too many players are caught up in that shit on here.

Pippen, Zion, BI, Kyrie, Pau, AD and so on....guys who seem to only exist in the eyes of some to advance some pro or Anti Lebron/Jordan/Kobe agenda.

Gets so old.

ImKobe
07-31-2020, 06:44 PM
Both sides of this stupid eternal fight between you hating on Zion and the idiots hating on BI(both of which tie into o a stupid Lebron argument) are ridiculous. You types literally refuse to let people who can be seen to make Lebron look good or bad stand on their own. Too many players are caught up in that shit on here.

Pippen, Zion, BI, Kyrie, Pau, AD and so on....guys who seem to only exist in the eyes of some to advance some pro or Anti Lebron/Jordan/Kobe agenda.

Gets so old.

I'm being realistic with Zion. He's not a good defensive player and he's not in shape. I give Zion credit for his highlight dunks and his high efficiency, but the media acts like he's the 2nd coming of Lebron when he's nowhere near that level.

I mean, a guy goes -16 in 15 minutes of play with next to 0 effort on the boards & defense, but somehow you're comparing me to Simon?

LAmbruh
07-31-2020, 06:44 PM
It's not a Zion issue, it's a Pelicans issue. They were being way too cautious. He should lead the team in FG attempts, but doofuses like Ingram and others think they deserve more shots. They would've won with more Zion in the 4th.

:applause:

fourkicks44
07-31-2020, 07:05 PM

There are many parallels between Jo and Zion.

The problem with sitting them is the phycological issues that can occur. Zion seems like he is a little more cool headed than rook Joel but he also has more people in his ear.

Already after the game viewers, fan and the media are questioning why he was on the bench in crunch time while he was apparently fit to play. Next his boys/fam/agent etc will be in his ear saying the coach and team haven't got his best interests at heart.

You don't want a situation like this,

https://youtu.be/858bs3Ou2no

Remember not long after this the Sixers (Colangelo), let him play a national game against the Rockets after he twisted his knee in the previous game vs the Blazers, which we later found out was a slight tear of his meniscus.

https://youtu.be/8C0MCw_gFrQ

Of course he then went onto tear his meniscus in half against the Rockets on National TV.

The problem after he came back is now they let him call his own shots to a degree and he can play when he feels like it, which creates it's own problems as he doesn't know when enough is enough and plays too much and as we saw last playoffs, he is burnt out by then.

I do believe he has now learnt after watching how Kawhi has handled rest and the success he has had.

But in terms of Zion and the Pels they really need to think about what they are doing cause it could become a major issue for many different reasons.

Kblaze8855
07-31-2020, 07:20 PM
I'm being realistic with Zion. He's not a good defensive player and he's not in shape. I give Zion credit for his highlight dunks and his high efficiency, but the media acts like he's the 2nd coming of Lebron when he's nowhere near that level.

I mean, a guy goes -16 in 15 minutes of play with next to 0 effort on the boards & defense, but somehow you're comparing me to Simon?

You are pretty much all the same to me. Even some I find myself agreeing with fundamentally at times.

You dudes are empty shells. Just hate wrapped in a human skin. An abstract concept given form. People like you, “Simon”, 3ball and others come on here and spend time straight up hating on people who often have no human precedent to the point it seems you aren’t even real fans.

Imagine listening to some dude watching rookie Doctor J in the ABA(like 2 years older than Zion is now by the way) and talking about “Oh this guy who is like nothing anyone has ever seen? Overhyped. Rick Barry is so much more polished. What do those dunks matter when you’re barely .500?”.

It’s just a lame ass way to watch sports. Guys get on the internet and lose all sign of personality or joy for the game. Make it as a mega star or not future generations of people will be talking about this absolute freak of nature manhandling veterans like 18 games removed from high school experience wise. Just like Lebron....like Steph...like Jordan. Like Kobe. But we have people who watch these downright absurd talents making plays guys will gawk at even 50 years from now and get nothing from it but bile to come spit up onto their keyboard to downplay it.

Being a hater on the internet(all of whom say they are just being real) just feels like such a waste of fanhood. It would be such a drag just being around you dudes watching the game.

I don’t care for James Hardens style but you won’t find me in every game thread looking for scuffs on a masterpiece or shining a bright light on an off night.

I just cant imagine being the way you guys are sometimes. I feel like I appreciate the players I don’t like more than some of you appreciate the ones you “Stan”. I appreciate the talent. The mastery of skills. I might not like them all but I know I’m watching someones future history they wish they could have seen live.

Yall dudes get to watch Monet paint and get nothing from it but how each brush stroke can be used for or against Rembrandt.

I don’t see how that’s even enjoyable.

bobopenguin
07-31-2020, 07:52 PM
so, pelicans didnt realise they aint in playoff yet? u know they gotta fight for a 8th spot right? and they wouldnt wanna put zion on for last 2min of the game when everything matters? and zion is perfectly healthy at this stage, so can someone pls explain the logic.

FireDavidKahn
07-31-2020, 08:03 PM
Love me some Zion. The one thing that has greatly concerned me is that he is a horrendous defender.

Axe
07-31-2020, 08:08 PM
Losing to a jazz team like that when they're up by how many points at one point just felt discouraging.

Marchesk
07-31-2020, 08:11 PM

That's what I was trying to say several months ago. Everyone has lost their mind thinking he's guaranteed next Lebron-like once in a generation, Mount Rushmore kind of player. And who knows, Lebron and Kobe did live up to they hype. Shaq and Jordan also. But it's a really, really tall standard that takes more than a decade of excellence, awards, stats, championships and even records. There's no way to know that some rookie is going to live up to all that just because they're super athletic and good at scoring. The NBA is a league known for hyper athletic dudes and players who could put the ball in the basket.

It's too early, but so far I haven't seen anything of Lebron in Zion at the pro level. If people were a little more measured in their expectations, I'd probably keep my mouth shut. But even the media has been falling all over Zion, acting like he's already the Pelicans savior, and by that, they certain mean something more than what AD was for the franchise.

There's dudes on Realgm and r/nba claiming that Zion will end up more skilled than Luka and better than Giannis! How can they know that? Because he's very efficient around the rim?

NugzFan
07-31-2020, 08:14 PM

how do you misspell a 6 letter name so badly?

Kblaze8855
07-31-2020, 08:47 PM
That's what I was trying to say several months ago. Everyone has lost their mind thinking he's guaranteed next Lebron-like once in a generation, Mount Rushmore kind of player. And who knows, Lebron and Kobe did live up to they hype. Shaq and Jordan also. But it's a really, really tall standard that takes more than a decade of excellence, awards, stats, championships and even records. There's no way to know that some rookie is going to live up to all that just because they're super athletic and good at scoring. The NBA is a league known for hyper athletic dudes and players who could put the ball in the basket.

It's too early, but so far I haven't seen anything of Lebron in Zion at the pro level. If people were a little more measured in their expectations, I'd probably keep my mouth shut. But even the media has been falling all over Zion, acting like he's already the Pelicans savior, and by that, they certain mean something more than what AD was for the franchise.

There's dudes on Realgm and r/nba claiming that Zion will end up more skilled than Luka and better than Giannis! How can they know that? Because he's very efficient around the rim?

Nothing anyone has said since he started playing well is the origin of your hate. You were talking shit 4 months before he ever played a game making topics about Wiggins being overhyped too. Like a week into his career you were in every topic hating. Making topics like this:

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?478021-Over-last-30-games-Pelicans-8-7-with-Zion-11-4-without/page2

You've been on the path to being a dedicated hater for literally more than a year.

Being the “Well....actually” hater when people are admiring literal once in a lifetime specimens coming up trying to find their way doing everything right, working hard, keeping humble and playing all star level ball out the gate? Lame is the only way I can describe it.

You just know some guy like you was on some “Why are we talking about Bob Lanier and Elvin Hayes? Hakeem hasn’t don’t anything. He bites on every pump game. Stop the hype.” shit. Yes....not all young players become legends. But every single one who did sees Zion and says the same thing every non hater does. “What the **** is this guy?”.

You’re about a year into hating and probably have either 15 more years of it or 15 years of taking victory laps because a generational talent got injured. Those are your options now. Hating on greatness for a generation or laughing at the game being worse for his loss.

Thats why haters are so perplexing. You’re either wrong or bragging about the sport being made worse due to tragedy and misfortune. Just a weak ass path to be on.

Marchesk
07-31-2020, 09:20 PM
Thats why haters are so perplexing. You’re either wrong or bragging about the sport being made worse due to tragedy and misfortune. Just a weak ass path to be on.

The question is why are so defensive about players? Do you not realize sports talk across leagues is full of shit talking, criticism and hype? Are we supposed to fully buy into the next great thing ESPN is selling every single time? I bet back in 2006 you were convinced Reggie Bush was the next Barry Sanders.

Also, I assumed Hakeem was better than Wilt back in the 80s, because I fully bought into "bigger, stronger, faster".

kentatm
07-31-2020, 09:24 PM
They should be concerned the first season he can become a free agent b/c he ain't gonna hang around.

Marchesk
07-31-2020, 09:26 PM
You’re about a year into hating and probably have either 15 more years of it or 15 years of taking victory laps because a generational talent got injured. Those are your options now.

Or he has a good but not amazing Glenn Robinson or Larry Nance kind of career. Terry Cummings might be a better comparison if he isn't a superstar.

Kind of like Reggie Bush in the NFL.

Kblaze8855
07-31-2020, 09:35 PM
The question is why are so defensive about players? Do you not realize sports talk across leagues is full of shit talking, criticism and hype? Are we supposed to fully buy into the next great thing ESPN is selling every single time? I bet back in 2006 you were convinced Reggie Bush was the next Barry Sanders.

Also, I assumed Hakeem was better than Wilt back in the 80s, because I fully bought into "bigger, stronger, faster".

The world is full of morons. No reason to be one if you have the ability to be anything else.

The existence of bad things doesn’t justify an effort to create them.

I grew out of this shit long ago. I genuinely don’t see how adults do it. Kids? Sure. Adults having a laugh? Sure. But people on the internet? Most of you aren’t laughing. You come off as dead serious and the combo of serious hate and a love of the sport just seems weird. When a “W” is the sport you love being worse for all of us it just seems....

Whatever. Hate on. Act like hate is just being “real” like every hater who ever lived. I’m gonna enjoy the game on now.

Smoke117
07-31-2020, 09:41 PM
lol What is their to panic about? This season means nothing for this team.

FromDowntown
07-31-2020, 09:52 PM
You don't panic if youre a Zion fan, you celebrate. The kid is going to be something special you just sit back and watch to see it

mentallooser
07-31-2020, 10:39 PM
In a couple seasons?

coin24
08-01-2020, 03:31 AM
Why did they only play Zion 15 minutes? These games are must win for the pelicans.
Pa the tic..

Ingrams improved a ton this year but Zion is supposed to be the superstar. The rest of the young core is dog shit

PP34Deuce
08-01-2020, 04:09 AM
Zion will be fine but I question an 18 year old having conditioning issues early on. Its probably better he lean out to 250 255. 270 plus is not good for a basketball player unless you have muscular build to handle it. Lebron is a freak for veing able to play 260 plus on the perimeter. Zions body reminds me of ron attest. Big overall body.

Hes a rookie. Really needs a dietitian of he gets winded continously. Stop babying him and let him play

ImKobe
08-01-2020, 05:33 AM
You are pretty much all the same to me. Even some I find myself agreeing with fundamentally at times.

You dudes are empty shells. Just hate wrapped in a human skin. An abstract concept given form. People like you, “Simon”, 3ball and others come on here and spend time straight up hating on people who often have no human precedent to the point it seems you aren’t even real fans.

Imagine listening to some dude watching rookie Doctor J in the ABA(like 2 years older than Zion is now by the way) and talking about “Oh this guy who is like nothing anyone has ever seen? Overhyped. Rick Barry is so much more polished. What do those dunks matter when you’re barely .500?”.

It’s just a lame ass way to watch sports. Guys get on the internet and lose all sign of personality or joy for the game. Make it as a mega star or not future generations of people will be talking about this absolute freak of nature manhandling veterans like 18 games removed from high school experience wise. Just like Lebron....like Steph...like Jordan. Like Kobe. But we have people who watch these downright absurd talents making plays guys will gawk at even 50 years from now and get nothing from it but bile to come spit up onto their keyboard to downplay it.

Being a hater on the internet(all of whom say they are just being real) just feels like such a waste of fanhood. It would be such a drag just being around you dudes watching the game.

I don’t care for James Hardens style but you won’t find me in every game thread looking for scuffs on a masterpiece or shining a bright light on an off night.

I just cant imagine being the way you guys are sometimes. I feel like I appreciate the players I don’t like more than some of you appreciate the ones you “Stan”. I appreciate the talent. The mastery of skills. I might not like them all but I know I’m watching someones future history they wish they could have seen live.

Yall dudes get to watch Monet paint and get nothing from it but how each brush stroke can be used for or against Rembrandt.

I don’t see how that’s even enjoyable.

Being objective = hating?

I have nothing against Zion, but he does play on a team that I watch regularly, and I can't help but point out the fact that he's coming in out of shape 5 months after the season was suspended.

iamgine
08-01-2020, 06:20 AM
The world is full of morons. No reason to be one if you have the ability to be anything else.

The existence of bad things doesn’t justify an effort to create them.

I grew out of this shit long ago. I genuinely don’t see how adults do it. Kids? Sure. Adults having a laugh? Sure. But people on the internet? Most of you aren’t laughing. You come off as dead serious and the combo of serious hate and a love of the sport just seems weird. When a “W” is the sport you love being worse for all of us it just seems....

Whatever. Hate on. Act like hate is just being “real” like every hater who ever lived. I’m gonna enjoy the game on now.

Seems unfair. Some people like analyzing. Some people look at Curry and say "Boy what a great shooter" and that's that.

Some look at him and be like "He has a non-textbook shooting release. It's amazing how despite that he's such a great shooter. And his gravity is making his teammates job much easier. Too bad on defense he's often exploited by switches, lowering his value."

I wouldn't call it hating...people enjoy the game differently.

Kblaze8855
08-01-2020, 07:37 AM
Being objective = hating?

I have nothing against Zion, but he does play on a team that I watch regularly, and I can't help but point out the fact that he's coming in out of shape 5 months after the season was suspended.

Youre as objective as “Simon” talking about the young core. Both of you suck some near kids into your Lebron bullshit where others serve only to make him look good or bad by their performance elsewhere because you’re basically trolls on the subject matter. I don’t need to read what you say to know it’s negative to downplay Zion and prop up Ingram for no real reason but a stupid Lebron agenda. I don’t need to read what he says to know it’s gonna be downplaying Ingram because he briefly played with Lebron. It’s how your types are. There isn’t a hater alive who doesn’t claim objectivity in the face of the worlds overhyping. Every hater has claimed that since the peach baskets. Drop him on Memphis you wouldn’t have half as much to say because it wouldn’t be part of your daily Lebron nonsense making the same tired points while the other side makes the same tired responses.

I don’t think you care about Zion any more than Jordan haters care about the various people they need to look like trash or like gods to forward their daily bullshit. Unrelated players just get caught up because people on the internet drop all hint of humanity and become spamming 2-3 topic robots who have to spin most topics into whatever they are here to make a point about.

You probably don’t hate Zion any more than Simon loves him. You just stay hating for the same reason Simon stays stanning. Being so deep down the well of an endless Lebron fight you suck everyone else into it.

Roundball_Rock
08-01-2020, 07:46 AM
What's the problem? He has played 20 games and 29 MPG in those games with a line of 23/7/2. Per 36 minutes he is 29/8/3.

He is a rookie and playing well in a lost season for the team (rebuilding anyway after trading Davis). He should take a step forward next year and then again the following year and his team likely will improve in tandem with him.

Kblaze8855
08-01-2020, 07:50 AM
Seems unfair. Some people like analyzing. Some people look at Curry and say "Boy what a great shooter" and that's that.

Some look at him and be like "He has a non-textbook shooting release. It's amazing how despite that he's such a great shooter. And his gravity is making his teammates job much easier. Too bad on defense he's often exploited by switches, lowering his value."

I wouldn't call it hating...people enjoy the game differently.

If what you get from watching Steph play leads you to spend almost every moment people discuss him downplaying him....you’re a hater. You could find the negative in anything. Winning powerball numbers might well bring some form of trouble to your life. But a reasonable person isn’t gonna harp on it at every chance when the total package is something special people are gonna wish they had been able to see in the future.

A normal person sees an amazing 19-20 year old and thinks about how insane it is they are this great already and think of what might be to come when they figure out this or that the way literally every human in history still needed to do at 19. A hater sees the same player and talks about how the lack of this or that means people need to shut up about this never before seen anomaly of talent because 30 games in they don’t handle double teams like 03 Duncan or disrupt an offense like 94 Scottie Pippen.

A normal person doesn’t hate until they can’t find reason to keep it up. A norma person admires till there is no reason to assume there’s a brighter future to come.

Being the guy in the living room rolling your eyes while everyone is wondering what they just saw when something amazing happens is just a lame ass way to be a sports fan. As I said earlier it leaves two options. Being wrong for all time....or taking victory laps over the entire sports world being robbed of greatness.

Just the worst kinda fan to be. And when it’s tied into hating or loving some other guy who has nothing to do with it?

Thats just the lame frosting on the hating ass cupcake.

Trollsmasher
08-01-2020, 08:47 AM
They can always sign Kelvin Benjamin if they need someone in better shape.

ImKobe
08-01-2020, 09:26 AM
Youre as objective as “Simon” talking about the young core. Both of you suck some near kids into your Lebron bullshit where others serve only to make him look good or bad by their performance elsewhere because you’re basically trolls on the subject matter. I don’t need to read what you say to know it’s negative to downplay Zion and prop up Ingram for no real reason but a stupid Lebron agenda. I don’t need to read what he says to know it’s gonna be downplaying Ingram because he briefly played with Lebron. It’s how your types are. There isn’t a hater alive who doesn’t claim objectivity in the face of the worlds overhyping. Every hater has claimed that since the peach baskets. Drop him on Memphis you wouldn’t have half as much to say because it wouldn’t be part of your daily Lebron nonsense making the same tired points while the other side makes the same tired responses.

I don’t think you care about Zion any more than Jordan haters care about the various people they need to look like trash or like gods to forward their daily bullshit. Unrelated players just get caught up because people on the internet drop all hint of humanity and become spamming 2-3 topic robots who have to spin most topics into whatever they are here to make a point about.

You probably don’t hate Zion any more than Simon loves him. You just stay hating for the same reason Simon stays stanning. Being so deep down the well of an endless Lebron fight you suck everyone else into it.

You do realize that my goal is not to trash/hate Zion. Have you see me create threads on the guy to constantly shit on him, the way these fellow "Laker fans" are doing with "muh young core"? I actually want Zion to do well, so that the Pelicans would be a legitimate Playoff team/contender for years to come, but I can't post in any Pelicans GT without the same two guys coming in with their alts to be negative every time Zo/BI make a bad play or have an off night, and on top of that, they're the ones hyping Zion up to Lebron's heights and act like Ingram and/or Zo are holding his game back.

I'd criticize Zion the same way, no matter what team he's playing on, the difference would be that we wouldn't have as many Zion-related posts on this forum if he wasn't tied to former Laker players that the Lebron lunatics on this forum are constantly hating on.

Kblaze8855
08-01-2020, 10:53 AM
Both sides claim they only exist because of the other side. Both sides say they are only being fair. It’s the only way for obsessed troll types to justify their actions to normal people asking both sides “Wtf?”. It’s been this way for every version to come along. You’re all either out of your minds or willing to behave like it on the internet as you spam the same 6-8 points at each other for years at a time blaming the other guys while normal people wish you would all go away.

Saddest thing about it is the insistence by both sides that the other side is crazy....but a refusal to stop interacting with them every single day on the same subject making the same arguments over and over.

Know what a normal person does when they see crazy rantings? Go the other way. You dudes are straight up roadblocks on the path to honest discussion and I’ve given up even talking to “Simon” about it but your side so often plays the rational card I fool myself into believing you might be reasoned with.

But you probably aren’t and I suspect we will see that when the pelicans play again tonight.

At this point I’m probably approaching crazy myself still assuming either end of these forever fights might be willing to see how lame they are being and just appreciate the game.

You, “Simon”, warriorfan, and now roundball and the others every gotdamn day with Zion this, Pippen that, Jordan was this, Steph couldn’t play in the 70s, Jason Terry, 1-9, “But look at this vorp....” 1989 this, Kyrie and Ray Allen that....Muh young core, and 2011....

Lebron James and Michael Jordan have utterly broken you people. I swear I hate even trying to talk basketball on here most days because of the infection that is you people.

Im near as bad at this point trying to reason with you as if any of you have it in you to stop. But we finally get basketball back after months and it’s right back to hating or praising the same people in the same way for the same overall reasons.

The glory or denigration of Lebron James directly or indirectly. I’m gonna get some beers and watch today’s games and try to stay off here. I can’t deal with you guys some days.

warriorfan
08-01-2020, 11:03 AM

Lmao. Kblaze doesn’t give a shit what Simon does. He is a LeBron stan.

Ask yourself this. When was the last time you seen Kblaze go into one of these whiny meltdowns in a Kobe thread? Never.

Kblaze8855
08-01-2020, 11:18 AM
When’s the last time your side had 20 years of bans handed down in one morning? I don’t talk to them at all. My mistake is actually trying to communicate with your side when you’re all exactly the same. Your side is always treated with kid gloves despite claiming whatever mod you’re talking about is hard on you. Rmwg banned one of 2 of those accounts for 2 years a week ago. When I banned that list for 2 years each yours was what? 2 weeks? You’ve not seen a dozen plus of them in months while every single one of your side is still here making this place worse. But you know that. You just don’t care. Much like you watch 3ball claim Steph might not make the nba in the 70s and know he’s a moron with no ability to evaluate the game then cheer him on for years because he normally points his idiotic cannon at Lebron. You don’t care he’s a joke. You care who he’s attacking.

My mistake all along has been not just banning both sides together. In the words of the legendary Sergeant Hartman? You are all equally worthless. I’ll make sure not to forget in the future.

warriorfan
08-01-2020, 11:23 AM
When’s the last time your side had 20 years of bans handed down in one morning? I don’t talk to them at all. My mistake is actually trying to communicate with your side when you’re all exactly the same. Your side is always treated with kid gloves despite claiming whatever mod you’re talking about is hard on you. Rmwg banner one of 2 of those accounts for 2 years. You’ve not seen a dozen plus of them in months while ever single one of your side is still here making this place worse. But you know that. You just don’t care. Much like you watch 3ball claim Steph might not make the nba in the 70s and know he’s a moron with no ability to evaluate the game then cheer him on for years because he normally points his idiotic cannon at Lebron. You don’t care he’s a joke. You care who he’s attacking.

My mistake all along has been not just banning both sides together. In the words of the legendary Sergeant Hartman? You are all equally worthless. I’ll make sure not to forget in the future.

Just face it. You don’t like discussing anything or hearing any type of viewpoint that is not of your own. You prefer having lengthy soliloquies rather than having any sort of quality back and forth. If you hear anything rather than your opinion, you have a huge fit and try to shut down all conversation. Get off your high horse and stop bullying ImKobe because you perceive he’s attacking your boy LeBron. Threatening everyone when they don’t agree with you isn’t a good look either.

Kblaze8855
08-01-2020, 11:30 AM
I don’t need to try to shut down conversation. I’d just delete it and ban someone. Do you think anyone would prevent it? I talk to people till I can be sure they can’t be reasoned with. I don’t need to threaten you. I’d just remove you. Literally thousands of people are banned forever. Few of them by me but it happens all the time and you don’t even notice.

I talk to people I don’t agree with. Unacceptable trolls just go away and you don’t even notice. I don’t care how I look to you. You’re a garbage bag spilling nonsense about 70% of the time. If you liked what I had to say to you it would probably be a bad sign.

The 10% of the time you act like a human I don’t much mind you actually. It’s the only reason the majority of your posts bring agenda driven trolling never gets you banned as long as the accounts on the other side.

But fact is the great majority of posters here have never heard me complain about them.

There are thousands of us. That the 10-15 of you always getting banned don’t see what you’re doing wrong is not shocking. If you could see how big a jackass you are you probably wouldn’t do it.

ralph_i_el
08-01-2020, 11:47 AM
I don’t need to try to shut down conversation. I’d just delete it and ban someone. Do you think anyone would prevent it? I talk to people till I can be sure they can’t be reasoned with. I don’t need to threaten you. I’d just remove you. Literally thousands of people are banned forever. Few of them by me but it happens all the time and you don’t even notice.

I talk to people I don’t agree with. Unacceptable trolls just go away and you don’t even notice. I don’t care how I look to you. You’re a garbage bag spilling nonsense about 70% of the time. If you liked what I had to say to you it would probably be a bad sign.

The 10% of the time you act like a human I don’t much mind you actually. It’s the only reason the majority of your posts bring agenda driven trolling never gets you banned as long as the accounts on the other side.

But fact is the great majority of posters here have never heard me complain about them.

There are thousands of us. That the 10-15 of you always getting banned don’t see what you’re doing wrong is not shocking. If you could see how big a jackass you are you probably wouldn’t do it.

^seconded

Clifton
08-01-2020, 11:48 AM
Sometimes we get guys who do things the human body wasn't meant to do. Remember early Derrick Rose? Watching that we should've known it wasn't sustainable. Almost every drive to the basket was like an Evel Knievel motorcycle jump. The human body isn't supposed to move that quickly.

When I saw Zion play at Duke, I thought, here is the most talented and exciting basketball player to come along since Lebron. Then he got injured in the Duke-UNC game and I thought, "Oh, God, it's a 6'8, nearly 300lb Derrick Rose. His prime will be over by age 25."

I still think both thoughts are correct. Best case IMO, he has a few years we never forget and then minor injuries accumulate and he becomes a very good mere mortal, by his mid-late 20s, similar to Blake, Tmac, Vince. But if he continues trying to Derrick Rose his way around the court, I fear he might have that fate instead.

Anyway, I HOPE I'm wrong, but I would bet the house against him having the year-in, year-out wrecking-ball dominance of Westbrook, Harden, Lebron.

ArbitraryWater
08-01-2020, 11:50 AM
this is his rookie year..

how long did it take for Embiid to be healthy?

Stanley Kobrick
08-01-2020, 11:58 AM

high IQ user :cheers:

Kblaze8855
08-01-2020, 12:00 PM
Sometimes we get guys who do things the human body wasn't meant to do. Remember early Derrick Rose? Watching that we should've known it wasn't sustainable. Almost every drive to the basket was like an Evel Knievel motorcycle jump. The human body isn't supposed to move that quickly.

When I saw Zion play at Duke, I thought, here is the most talented and exciting basketball player to come along since Lebron. Then he got injured in the Duke-UNC game and I thought, "Oh, God, it's a 6'8, nearly 300lb Derrick Rose. His prime will be over by age 25."

I still think both thoughts are correct. Best case IMO, he has a few years we never forget and then minor injuries accumulate and he becomes a very good mere mortal, by his mid-late 20s, similar to Blake, Tmac, Vince. But if he continues trying to Derrick Rose his way around the court, I fear he might have that fate instead.

Anyway, I HOPE I'm wrong, but I would bet the house against him having the year-in, year-out wrecking-ball dominance of Westbrook, Harden, Lebron.

Perfectly reasonable take I think most would understand.

He is a freak. He’s not supposed to exist. That’s where most of the praise comes from and most of the risk as well.

tpols
08-01-2020, 12:56 PM
Have yall ever bought a large chili and a baked potato from Wendy's and filled the chili bowl up with potato? Under 5 buck meal and this shit is delicious.

Koresh
08-01-2020, 01:34 PM

This doesn't make sense. These are seeding games. This isn't preseason or the beginning of a new season. All the rumors about the NBA doing this 22-team bubble concept to get the Pelicans in the playoffs and all the hype with Zion, it makes absolutely no sense to have this guy on a 15-minute minute restriction or any restriction. Something is wrong. Fat or not, they are overprotecting this dude. He is going to be on a restriction until his rookie deal is up until this point. I don't see this team doing anything.

Alvin Gentry is not the right coach for this team or for Zion. The medical staff is failing Zion. Zion is not putting in work. Zion in Duke vs in the NBA are two different players. I would definitely be panicked as an NBA fan in general. Playing your future start 3-4 minute quarters is unacceptable. This team is pushing for the playoffs, but you sit this dude?

I'm still trying to figure out this Zion situation. Zion is going to be Eddy Curry soon. Something needs to change ASAP. I'm watching the Clippers game tonight and let's see. There's no excuse for another minutes restriction. He's not injured. He had four months off. I get it, he was gone from the bubble, but still don't see why he has a minutes restriction. No other players have minutes restrictions.

Bottom line, he's a fat ass or there's something else going on we don't know about. The medical staff and the organization are way too overprotective. I have never seen anything like this. Fat **** or not.

Kblaze8855
08-01-2020, 01:54 PM
Have yall ever bought a large chili and a baked potato from Wendy's and filled the chili bowl up with potato? Under 5 buck meal and this shit is delicious.

Ive not but I may come winter. I can barely go to Wendy’s though. I’ve had too much of it for free when people I know worked there and that ruins a restaurant for me. I can’t pay once I’m used to getting endless custom meals for free.

Lion's pride
08-01-2020, 03:55 PM
If the Organization wants a minute restriction that's one thing, but 15 minutes and NOT playing at all in the alst 3 minutes of a game where your team can't score and is losing heir lead?? For a team fighting to get in?? like if playing 18 minutes was demanding too much???

Freakin 18 years olds once signed up to fight a World War and now we can't a fat rich 19 year old and extra 3 freakin minutes... SOFT X 10000000000

Roundball_Rock
08-01-2020, 04:08 PM
Who cares. They won't make the playoffs and even if they did they would get swept by the Lakers. The Pelicans have to think long term with their franchise player.

warriorfan
08-02-2020, 01:43 AM
Seek immediate mental help.

coin24
08-02-2020, 01:47 AM
They need to make a lot of moves in the offseason, when Zion's soft tissue v@gina issues are sorted maybe he can play more than 15 mins according to the genius griffin.

They aren't making the playoffs

Roundball_Rock
08-02-2020, 02:13 AM
Just face it. You don’t like discussing anything or hearing any type of viewpoint that is not of your own. You prefer having lengthy soliloquies rather than having any sort of quality back and forth. If you hear anything rather than your opinion, you have a huge fit and try to shut down all conversation. Get off your high horse and stop bullying ImKobe because you perceive he’s attacking your boy LeBron. Threatening everyone when they don’t agree with you isn’t a good look either.

The hypocrisy about bitching about shutting down debate and harassment. I simply asked how Zion supposedly relates to Jordan and LeBron, which was posited in this thread, and your response was a harassing and nutty "seek mental help immediately."

I noticed I made a pro-Zion post and posts later was lumped in with you (which is extremely embarrassing). If being pro-Zion somehow is nefariously anti-MJ, fine. I couldn't care less about Zion other than he is a feel good story as the next potential "big thing" but if being pro-Zion, who wasn't born when MJ retired the second time, somehow ruffles the feathers of the MJ crowd then it isn't worth posting about him.

Roundball_Rock
08-02-2020, 02:33 AM
I can't sit there and worry about and try to ascertain how every single subject relates to the Jordan vs. LeBron war. In the past 24 hours I've made favorable posts about Kawhi (it is my understanding LeBron stans hate him/MJ stans love him so I guess it's pro-MJ to do this?), Giannis, Barkley, Harden, Westbrook, Pippen, Zion while being critical of George, Malone, Stockton. How does this net out in the Jordan vs. LeBron crusades? I have no idea and it's impossible to ascertain how nuts like you will hijack Zion into this (LeBron, MJ--the freaking Curry connection is what...?).

It seems you can't have an opinion on anything independent of 3-4 players, most who don't even play anymore.

MrFonzworth
08-02-2020, 04:41 AM
The Embiid/Zion comparisons don't make any sense because Zion doesn't have his TJ McConnell.

brooks_thompson
08-02-2020, 05:03 AM
Where did it get them? It got them a 25 year old in his 3rd season of HOF caliber play who lost to the nba champs in game 7 on a 4 bounce corner fade-away.

Is that....not good?

The 76ers have had what....one better season in the last 35 years? Two?

When you are building from arguably the worst team in history....being a pretty steady good team that plays champions to a standstill is kinda....good. What was supposed to happen by now exactly?

None of what you said even acknowledges, let alone refutes, my point. They help and or enable him to be a coddled baby. Where are the Sixers supposed to be by now? Farther along than a 6 seed non-contender, but their guy has been mentally conditioned against pushing himself to the limit.

ImKobe
08-02-2020, 06:40 AM
None of what you said even acknowledges, let alone refutes, my point. They help and or enable him to be a coddled baby. Where are the Sixers supposed to be by now? Farther along than a 6 seed non-contender, but their guy has been mentally conditioned against pushing himself to the limit.

Yup. Embiid has definitely come up short in the Playoffs so far. His health is an issue, but how many seasons are we going to give him that pass when he's in year 5 already (obviously missed the first 2 seasons due to injury)? His offensive production has significantly declined in the Playoffs two years in a row now. Sixers did take the Raptors to 7 games and lost it on the last shot, but Embiid wasn't great at all in that series, he had one good 30-point game but ended up averaging 17.6 ppg on 37% shooting for the series with 5 games of below 36%FG.

Axe
08-02-2020, 07:42 AM
Maybe zion should have gone to a playoff contending team instead, probably someone in the east. Either detroit or orlando.

Kblaze8855
08-02-2020, 08:29 AM

You asked where it got them and I told you. You’re doing nothing more than the usual downplaying of a current player because we don’t see the big picture till people retire. They won 50+ games back to back years and this year are on a 49 win pace. They were 10-72 before he got there. He’s having a perfectly normal hall of fame big man career. Patrick Ewing was like 30 when he did anything Embiid has not done already. What did Zo do before like 1997? In fact if we are shitting on regular 50 games won seasons and playing the champ to a standstill what did Zo do in his entire career when not a backup? David Robinson’s pre Duncan peak was losing in the wcf at like age 30 and getting destroyed by the Jazz when he had like 12 points he when he was supposed to be the best player in the NBA. Guys like you would have been on here asking what winning the Robinson lottery even got the Spurs when he led them to nearly being swept by the underdog warriors. I think it was a 2-7 matchup and they got curb stomped. ISH exists he’s just another legend fans would act like didn’t matter.

Thats what we do here. Watch young living legends, downplay them compared to previous ones who took way longer than we give them to accomplish much, and act smart till they retire and go to the hall of fame to be used against the next generation of youngsters already as good as they were or better.

Its a cycle of bullshit. Half the dudes in the hall of fame were never anything Embiid isn’t today. He is an absolute living legend and one of the more unique talents to come along in decades. He will just get hated on till he has his 1-2 years of greater success that most guys like him get then when he’s gone people will marvel over the 7 foot 2 euro stepping, three point shooting, dream shaking, lane defending, great rebounding big man he is.

You listen to ish the only people who ever did shit are the first options on title teams when in real life? Most legends are like....Alex English level. George Gervin. Zo. Lanier. Mutombo. Billy Cunningham. Adrian Dantley. Chris Mullin.

Guys who waltzed into the hall and legendary status while never doing much more than Embiid has done at 25.

So no...I did not take serious your question of what Embiid got the 76ers. It was a ridiculous question from its premise.

Their treatment of Embiid got them a guy having a(to date) legendary career small picture types shit on because they are stuck on guys like Jordan, Kareem, and Bird who are the very best of the best of the best.

Most of the best? They are Joel Embiid. And that’s all you can hope for with a #1 pick.