PDA

View Full Version : When are the pelicans gonna unleash Zion?

bison
08-02-2020, 04:48 PM
Gentry decided before covid that his team is gonna tank and get more picks. But then the NBA said ‘nah we are gonna include the pels in the nba restart cause we need Zion for ratings.’ Gentrys response is ‘**** it we gonna hold Zion to 15 minutes’.

Why? The pelicans already have a loaded young roster ready to win. What’s the point in holding Zion back? Coaches act like they are GMs. It’s making me mad.

ImKobe
08-02-2020, 04:53 PM
Did you watch the games? Zion was unplayable on the defensive end. I'm sure Gentry and Griffin are both looking at the situation long-term as well. Are they going to "unleash" an out-of-shape Zion in a season where they have no chance of making any noise, other than getting blown out by the Lakers in the first round at best, or are they going to bring him along as the team doctors recommend them to? It would be one thing if he looked spectacular in these games, but he's nowhere near in the shape he was prior to the season being suspended.

imdaman99
08-02-2020, 05:30 PM
He's gotta make a decision and get into playing shape. There's weight room shape and there's cardio basketball shape. He looked huge :biggums:

The NBA needs him, they should partner him up with someone in the offseason to lose about 20 lbs just so he can be playable for more than 15-20 mins

Marchesk
08-02-2020, 05:32 PM
I'm not sure why he didn't go back in the fourth quarter during garbage time to get a few more minutes of game conditioning in. I get the Pelicans not wanting to play him 30 minutes a game, but 14 minutes after 15 minutes isn't cutting it.

bobopenguin
08-02-2020, 07:47 PM
Did you watch the games? Zion was unplayable on the defensive end. I'm sure Gentry and Griffin are both looking at the situation long-term as well. Are they going to "unleash" an out-of-shape Zion in a season where they have no chance of making any noise, other than getting blown out by the Lakers in the first round at best, or are they going to bring him along as the team doctors recommend them to? It would be one thing if he looked spectacular in these games, but he's nowhere near in the shape he was prior to the season being suspended.

the best way for young guys to develop is to let them play more and more.

LAmbruh
08-02-2020, 07:51 PM
real smart playing him heavy minutes only to break his back trying to drag those scrubs into the playoffs :oldlol:

Axe
08-02-2020, 08:44 PM
They'll probably become troublesome in the next season

Marchesk
08-03-2020, 06:16 PM
So apparently Zion didn't go back in the game in the fourth quarter in the blowout loss to the Clippers to get more than 14 minutes because the team wants his minutes to be with the starters.

NBAGOAT
08-03-2020, 06:20 PM

Marchesk
08-03-2020, 06:24 PM

After the end of 2021 season, Knicks sign Giannis and trade for a disgruntled Zion.