PDA

View Full Version : Mavericks are almost certain to face the Clippers in round 1

Clippersfan86
08-03-2020, 10:15 AM
Mavs are now 5 games back in the loss column of 6 seed. Basically they would need to win out, while the Thunder loses every game. Clippers have a 2 game lead on the Nuggets+3 game lead on the Rockets. I don't see the Clippers dropping. Nuggets look rusty, and Rockets would have to go something like 5-1 even if the Clippers go 3-3 due to tiebreakers I believe. What's working against Houston+Denver is the Clippers schedule is pretty easy now.

Luka is my favorite non Clipper, so it will be very fun for me. I also love Zinger. It would be like rooting against my 2nd favorite team. Dallas just hasn't handled the matchup well at all this year. But I believe in Luka, so I think Mavs get 1 game, maybe 2. What do you guys think about this series?

NBAGOAT
08-03-2020, 10:22 AM
Well Dallas has been better than most of the West teams but they have a worse record but they’re terribly unclutch. That stuff tends to cancel out in the long run and we’ve seen unclutch rs teams suddenly be fine in the playoffs.

if Dallas doesn’t have clutch problems we could see a tigh 6 game series even though the clips match up well with them. They’re pretty reliant on role player shooting so likely going 5.

Clippersfan86
08-03-2020, 10:26 AM
https://www.dallasnews.com/sports/mavericks/2020/08/02/the-mavericks-are-glad-to-be-back-in-the-playoffs-not-satisfied-with-seventh-seed/

"Mavs clinch playoff berth, but another blown lead may have doomed them to 1st-round matchup with Clippers"

Bronbron23
08-03-2020, 10:32 AM
And they will most certain lose.

tpols
08-03-2020, 10:43 AM
i feel bad for luka... theyre gonna lock that white boy up.

tontoz
08-03-2020, 10:56 AM
Dallas isn't a contender. Doesnt really matter who they face in the first round. It will probably take a couple of years for them to be a legit threat in the playoffs.

Roundball_Rock
08-03-2020, 11:08 AM
Dallas' offense is elite (#1 actually) but their defense sucks. They should only improve as Luka grows and they build around him, though.

ArbitraryWater
08-03-2020, 12:29 PM
should be good

although they might have benefited from HC which could amp up the series..

in this case it might just be 4-1

Tobio-Star
08-03-2020, 12:42 PM
Mavs are now 5 games back in the loss column of 6 seed. Basically they would need to win out, while the Thunder loses every game. Clippers have a 2 game lead on the Nuggets+3 game lead on the Rockets. I don't see the Clippers dropping. Nuggets look rusty, and Rockets would have to go something like 5-1 even if the Clippers go 3-3 due to tiebreakers I believe. What's working against Houston+Denver is the Clippers schedule is pretty easy now.

Luka is my favorite non Clipper, so it will be very fun for me. I also love Zinger. It would be like rooting against my 2nd favorite team. Dallas just hasn't handled the matchup well at all this year. But I believe in Luka, so I think Mavs get 1 game, maybe 2. What do you guys think about this series?

I think that if Clippers give away 2 games to the Mavs, they could get swept by the Lakers

HBK_Kliq_2
08-03-2020, 01:22 PM
This will be the perfect warm up for clippers because mavs lack of defense. Clippers stars will be able to go off. Porzingis has been playing great since he lost weight. Mavs will probably steal 1 game.

Lion's pride
08-03-2020, 01:58 PM

I am a old school white boy myself , but I hate Luka, not because he isn't good, but so over hyped due to his BIG Numbers.. He dominates the ball and always goes into Hero mode in the 4th.. 0-12 when the game is on the line with team down or down by one this season.. People don't realize how fortunate he is having a coach in Carlisle who allows him to do whatever he wants (dumb step back 3s etc..) all while making his teammates play great IQ basketball.

Yesterday Luka got the royal treatment from the Refs.. 20Fts on touch calls..

Plus the man plays no defense.. does that matter anymore??

FKAri
08-03-2020, 02:04 PM
Mavs in 6. Kawhi can't last much longer in the bubble. Cuban needs to hire private investigators to keep an eye on him and I'm sure they'll catch him slippin.

ralph_i_el
08-03-2020, 02:35 PM
The is the worst possible matchup for Luka, but might be a great one for Zingis. Probably why Carlisle has been posting him more in the last two games.

Im so nba'd out
08-03-2020, 03:14 PM
I expect luka to average 29/8/8 in the series...no excuses with the clips missing Harrell for the whole series.Mavs should take it to 7 at worst...At best they should win in 5.I'll give the clippers one fluke win vs "the greatest statistical offense of all time" w/ "the greatest 20-year-old ever"

anything less is a yyuge failure

Clippersfan86
08-03-2020, 03:22 PM
I expect luka to average 29/8/8 in the series...no excuses with the clips missing Harrell for the whole series.Mavs should take it to 7 at worst...At best they should win in 5.I'll give the clippers one fluke win vs "the greatest statistical offense of all time" w/ "the greatest 20-year-old ever"

anything less is a yyuge failure

Harrell has already been approved for 48 hour quarantine as long as he keeps daily testing. He's not missing the playoffs. He will likely be back somewhere around end of the next 6 games.

red1
08-03-2020, 03:27 PM

poor kid has to make his playoff debut against kawhi and pg - he's shooting 35-40% for the series :roll:

LoneyROY7
08-03-2020, 03:44 PM
Definitely not a good series to start off your playoff career. :lol

Manny98
08-03-2020, 03:45 PM
West is a bloodbath this year

MrFonzworth
08-03-2020, 03:54 PM
Mavs in 7.

Mauzah
08-03-2020, 04:06 PM
Luka always gets the other teams best defensive effort gonna be interesting to see how he handles Pat Bevs illegal cheat defense that never gets called. Lure him into foul trouble is the best response I can figure.

Lion's pride
08-03-2020, 05:01 PM
poor kid has to make his playoff debut against kawhi and pg - he's shooting 25 30% for the series :roll:

fify

Lebron23
08-03-2020, 05:04 PM
Definitely not a good series to start off your playoff career. :lol

Kinda reminded me of LeBron vs the 64 wins Pistons in the 2006 nba season.

raiderfan19
08-04-2020, 10:07 AM
Luka always gets the other teams best defensive effort gonna be interesting to see how he handles Pat Bevs illegal cheat defense that never gets called. Lure him into foul trouble is the best response I can figure.

If they put bev on him, well just post luka. The problem is hell get beverly only in off moments when hes not getting kawhi or pg.

Clippersfan86
08-04-2020, 12:40 PM
Kinda reminded me of LeBron vs the 64 wins Pistons in the 2006 nba season.

IF the Clippers do play the Mavericks and embarrass him, it will be what all the greats such as Lebron you mentioned, had to go through. Jordan got baptized too. It's rare that a 21 year old superstar takes down a veteran title contender the first go at it. It will be good for Luka and probably take him to another level next year. I'm really spoiled because I'm working on moving to a suburb of Dallas now from Cali. My 2nd team is the Mavs, my favorite player Luka. So to get to watch the Clips+Mavs slug it out, then see live Luka games whenever they return (maybe 2022) I'm pumped!

Gougou
08-04-2020, 07:59 PM
Mavs defence is still a concern tho, how are they going to stop the elite offense with George and Kawhi...

ralph_i_el
08-04-2020, 08:04 PM
I'm more worried about the Mavs guarding the Clips than Luka getting shut down by kawhi/PG. You can't really double Luka, because the more attention he gets the easier it will be for his role player shooters.

The story of that story will be, can the Mavs guard anyone, and can anyone on the Clips guard Porzingis? It looks like the Mavs have been posting up Zingis in anticipation of this series.