PDA

View Full Version : Should the Lakers tank against Houston?

ArbitraryWater
08-04-2020, 10:53 AM
Ensure that Houston will almost safely be secured the 3rd seed?

They have an easy last 4 games while Denver's become tough, but if they fall 2 gms behind Denver, momentum might turn one way..

NBAGOAT
08-04-2020, 10:58 AM
Naw this stuff backfires often. hou could get upset in the 1st round and the clips might have an easier matchup, there’s too much uncertainty. Either play hard the next few games to be ready for the playoffs, coast through to be well rested or do a half and half split.

Shogon
08-04-2020, 11:02 AM
No, the Lakers shouldn't tank against anyone.

They should either rest their players because that's what they were going to do... or just try to win games.

If you purposefully try to tank games with the idea of avoiding other teams, it's a subconscious thing that you're acknowledging that you're afraid of having to play certain teams. **** that. Just have the attitude that you can win. If you let that doubt sink in to the point that you will purposefully avoid teams... that doubt will often manifest itself into reality.

Just play to win... or rest because that was the plan anyways.

ArbitraryWater
08-04-2020, 11:02 AM
Naw this stuff backfires often. hou could get upset in the 1st round and the clips might have an easier matchup, there’s too much uncertainty. Either play hard the next few games to be ready for the playoffs, coast through to be well rested or do a half and half split.

i think its pretty straight forward tbh

its about who you'd rather play in the semis

i'd rather play den/uta/okc than hou, even as a 1st seed

and you suggested doing a half half split?

ArbitraryWater
08-04-2020, 11:03 AM
No, the Lakers shouldn't tank against anyone.

They should either rest their players because that's what they were going to do... or just try to win games.

If you purposefully try to tank games with the idea of avoiding other teams, it's a subconscious thing that you're acknowledging that you're afraid of having to play certain teams. **** that. Just have the attitude that you can win. If you let that doubt sink in to the point that you will purposefully avoid teams... that doubt will often manifest itself into reality.

Just play to win... or rest because that was the plan anyways.

I agree about being a dangerous thing for mentality, in case you end up playing that team. ESPECIALLY if they'd tank and somehow Hou still ends up the 4th seed.

But I still think its the logical choice.

You simply have a better chance of winning against DEN than HOU.

They could just rest their top dawgs / LeBron&AD.

Its a B2B for them.

NBAGOAT
08-04-2020, 11:06 AM
i think its pretty straight forward tbh

its about who you'd rather play in the semis

i'd rather play den/uta/okc than hou, even as a 1st seed

and you suggested doing a half half split?

Not necessarily only the lakers know what would work best. I don’t even know which split is better playing hard the 1st 3-4 resting to end the season or resting the 1st 3-4 then play hard going into the playoffs

ArbitraryWater
08-04-2020, 11:11 AM
Not necessarily only the lakers know what would work best. I don’t even know which split is better playing hard the 1st 3-4 resting to end the season or resting the 1st 3-4 then play hard going into the playoffs

Im just suggesting they should rest their top 2 on a B2B

Doranku
08-04-2020, 01:45 PM
Im just suggesting they should rest their top 2 on a B2B

I'm sure they will. Can't see any reason to trot them out there on a b2b when 1st seed is already locked up.

LoneyROY7
08-04-2020, 02:39 PM
They probably will, not that Houston needs them to.

HBK_Kliq_2
08-04-2020, 03:41 PM
If Lakers tank that game, they will tank the Aug 10th game vs nuggets as well. It cancels out at the end.

Why won't you just face rockets in 2nd round? Are you that insecure about anthony Davis not being able to dominate a bunch of midgets? I'm sure Harrell will kill them in the paint with no Capella..

PP34Deuce
08-04-2020, 03:58 PM
I don't see the Lakers really tanking games except the last 2 games where I expect AD rests and Lebron plays a half.

tpols
08-04-2020, 04:15 PM
Look at little Arby, scared of the rockets. They do have KO power, and are probably better than the thunder, jazz, and nugs in that regard, but there's no need to be a bitch and tank games to avoid them. Plus the Lakers are the perfect rock to their scissors. They have the inside presence to totally take advantage of their lack of big man personel.

TBH, the thunder would scare me the most of that group. Gallo no longer has the pressure of being the first option, CP3 can set him up beautifully, and still looks in prime mode. He's a sleeping giant based on his numbers, he could blow up whenever...especially when it matters. SGA is a rising young star. Steven Adams is a perfect playoff center and they have Noel backing him up. They are just a very well rounded team in terms of playmakers, shooters, and defenders.

ArbitraryWater
08-04-2020, 04:30 PM
Look at little Arby, scared of the rockets. They do have KO power, and are probably better than the thunder, jazz, and nugs in that regard, but there's no need to be a bitch and tank games to avoid them. Plus the Lakers are the perfect rock to their scissors. They have the inside presence to totally take advantage of their lack of big man personel.

TBH, the thunder would scare me the most of that group. Gallo no longer has the pressure of being the first option, CP3 can set him up beautifully, and still looks in prime mode. He's a sleeping giant based on his numbers, he could blow up whenever...especially when it matters. SGA is a rising young star. Steven Adams is a perfect playoff center and they have Noel backing him up. They are just a very well rounded team in terms of playmakers, shooters, and defenders.

lol

fourkicks44
08-04-2020, 04:55 PM
No, not against Houston.

But the Lakers should definitely tank against the Thunder.

Seems like a no brainer.

Get it done, LeBron.

dreamshake
08-04-2020, 04:58 PM
You can smell the fear in OP's post. LeBron wants no part of facing western conference contenders in the playoffs. His stans embody this fear.

tpols
08-04-2020, 05:07 PM
You can smell the fear in OP's post. LeBron wants no part of facing western conference contenders in the playoffs. His stans embody this fear.

Right? :lol

These guys are so used to a cakewalk to the Finals they're experimenting with different scenarios to see how they can have it easier.

Unfortunately, you're going to have to go through a Thunder/Rockets, Clippers, Bucks/Celtics gauntlet.

There's no easy road.

ArbitraryWater
08-04-2020, 05:41 PM

These guys are so used to a cakewalk to the Finals they're experimenting with different scenarios to see how they can have it easier.

Unfortunately, you're going to have to go through a Thunder/Rockets, Clippers, Bucks/Celtics gauntlet.

There's no easy road.

https://media.tenor.com/images/528e197944c5a8e06de940665255be09/tenor.gif

thats a sweep is what that is

AirFederer
08-06-2020, 06:07 PM
Lebron is out with a sore vag

dreamshake
08-12-2020, 07:44 PM

There's no easy road.

Earned, not given right? Isn't that what LeBron says?

LoneyROY7
08-12-2020, 07:50 PM
Advocates tanking for seeding purposes.

Makes 20+ threads crying about tanking for seeding purposes.

:lol :lol

kawhileonard2
08-13-2020, 12:16 AM
In round 2 they should to avoid having to deal with me.