PDA

View Full Version : Did anybody notice Pelicans have a freakishly easy schedule? They will be the 8th-9th

ArbitraryWater
08-04-2020, 11:34 AM
seed. They're only half a game behind Portland.

https://i.gyazo.com/a0a63fa20eb8781c83657738f7ab6479.png

That's a joke.

Thats a Silver handpicked playoff spot right there :oldlol:

ArbitraryWater
08-04-2020, 11:36 AM
Meanwhile Portland:

https://i.gyazo.com/98d8ef09f9207c3a0c5efb94a8f6081c.png

Lmao

Kblaze8855
08-04-2020, 11:40 AM
Yes. Quite a few people noticed. I’m shocked they made it so obvious. I knew they wanted the pelicans in...just shocked they made it so obvious.

ImKobe
08-04-2020, 11:41 AM
Well, to be fair, they did have one of the (if not the) easiest schedules remaining prior to the season being suspended, and had already played one of the toughest schedules leading up to that point.

ArbitraryWater
08-04-2020, 11:42 AM
Yes. Quite a few people noticed. I’m shocked they made it so obvious. I knew they wanted the pelicans in...just shocked they made it so obvious.

I'm surprised then..

why did teams not do / say anything about it?

Surely if I'm Portland, San Antonio, or even Phoenix, I feel raw done by here?

If Cubes was in the mix somewhere there, he'd let the league have it and would make it public.

ArbitraryWater
08-04-2020, 11:43 AM
Well, to be fair, they did have one of the (if not the) easiest schedules remaining prior to the season being suspended, and had already played one of the toughest schedules leading up to that point.

did they try to actually mathematically align that though?

It looks way too tilted. Like they just went "ok they had it hard so far, lets give em 5 sitters in a row".

Iirc Portland had a pretty tough schedule up to COVID also and theirs obviously doesnt get easier.

ImKobe
08-04-2020, 11:50 AM
did they try to actually mathematically align that though?

It looks way too tilted. Like they just went "ok they had it hard so far, lets give em 5 sitters in a row".

Iirc Portland had a pretty tough schedule up to COVID also and theirs obviously doesnt get easier.

Not sure if they did, but the Pelicans had already played the Lakers//OKC/Blazers/Rockets/Mavs 4x and the Jazz & Clippers 3x(played them in their first 2 games in this bubble), Bucks/Celtics/Raptors/Heat 2x, so there weren't that many great teams left that the league could have matched them up with without making them play a team more than they usually would in a season.

Stanley Kobrick
08-04-2020, 11:53 AM
they wanted to secure the Lebron vs Zion matchup, very obvious rig job

Clifton
08-04-2020, 12:00 PM
That's a joke.

Thats a Silver handpicked playoff spot right there
Their regularly-scheduled schedule was even easier than this. They have it harder now because they have to play actual playoff-caliber teams.

Part of the reason their record was so poor was because their first half season schedule was harder than most. They were the betting favorite to get the 8 seed the week before the season was stopped.

AirTupac
08-04-2020, 12:02 PM
Their regularly-scheduled schedule was even easier than this. They have it harder now because they have to play actual playoff-caliber teams.

Part of the reason their record was so poor was because their first half season schedule was harder than most. They were the betting favorite to get the 8 seed the week before the season was stopped.

OP is a complete brain dead retard. This was obvious but leave it to some social reject to look for things that aren't there.

ArbitraryWater
08-04-2020, 12:07 PM

Ugh, dude, what they had left in the regular schedule can no longer be compared to what constitutes an „easy“ schedule in the bubble.

The fact is relative to the bubble, that is an extremely easy schedule.

And I highly doubt based on the pre COVID RS it would be just for the Blazers to have this schedule and the Pelicans that schedule.

The Blazers had a tough RS behind them also.

This is just bogus

dirkdiggler41
08-04-2020, 12:07 PM
You might say those games are easy, but three of those games are against teams that are trying to make the playoffs and are not far behind.

ArbitraryWater
08-04-2020, 12:08 PM
You might say those games are easy, but three of those games are against teams that are trying to make the playoffs and are not far behind.

Ugh, again.. easy is a relative term.

For the bubble, it doesnt get any easier than that.

scuzzy
08-04-2020, 12:58 PM
Ugh, again.. easy is a relative term.

For the bubble, it doesnt get any easier than that.

Exactly

Every team is a "playoff team fighting for seed"

And many also had breezy schedules to close out the season prior to lockdown

Lakers had a cheese final 20 games and now they have one of the hardests in Orlando

Pelicans schedule is by far the easiest of all the teams

scuzzy
08-04-2020, 01:07 PM
@ 1:20

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ggm90oAMOU&feature=emb_title

Clippersfan86
08-04-2020, 01:12 PM
Let's be honest, the Pelicans are likely dead in the water anyway. Starting 0-2 killed them. Beating Memphis is important, but they may have dug themselves too big of a hole. I think they can easily lose the Spurs/Orlando games. Not sure what's going on but Orlando looks great on both ends and has won both games in huge blowouts. Loss of Issac hurts bad, but they are deep.

scuzzy
08-04-2020, 01:14 PM
Lakers, Heat, Blazers, Raps had the hardest competition influx differential between old season ending and startup

https://i.postimg.cc/RFGPNjcs/fgjkggukgu.png (https://postimages.org/)

Doranku
08-04-2020, 01:49 PM
Let's be honest, the Pelicans are likely dead in the water anyway. Starting 0-2 killed them. Beating Memphis is important, but they may have dug themselves too big of a hole. I think they can easily lose the Spurs/Orlando games. Not sure what's going on but Orlando looks great on both ends and has won both games in huge blowouts. Loss of Issac hurts bad, but they are deep.

They certainly aren't dead in the water lol they control their fate vs the Spurs, and the Blazers have an absolute brutal schedule: Houston, Denver, Clippers, 76ers, Mavericks, and the lone easy game vs the Nets.

Clippersfan86
08-04-2020, 01:53 PM
They certainly aren't dead in the water lol they control their fate vs the Spurs, and the Blazers have an absolute brutal schedule: Houston, Denver, Clippers, 76ers, Mavericks, and the lone easy game vs the Nets.

Still 2.5 games behind Memphis. I mean that's not easy to make up with 5 remaining games for each team, even with them holding tiebreaker.

Doranku
08-04-2020, 02:00 PM
Still 2.5 games behind Memphis. I mean that's not easy to make up with 5 remaining games for each team, even with them holding tiebreaker.

They don't need to. As long as they are the 9 seed and within 4 games of Memphis, there will be a play-in for the 8th seed.

Clippersfan86
08-04-2020, 02:05 PM
They don't need to. As long as they are the 9 seed and within 4 games of Memphis, there will be a play-in for the 8th seed.

Ah. I forgot about the play in. That's nuts lol. So are we basically already locked into a 4 team play in out west?

Doranku
08-04-2020, 04:23 PM
Ah. I forgot about the play in. That's nuts lol. So are we basically already locked into a 4 team play in out west?

From what I read, it will only be the 8th and 9th seed competing for the play-in spot. Single elimination for the 9th seed, double elimination for the 8th seed.

coin24
08-04-2020, 08:24 PM

Really? The league blatantly gives zero shits now with all the BLM garbage..

Even the backup "play in tourney" :lol

dreamshake
08-04-2020, 08:44 PM
Once again, you can smell the fear in OP's post. LeBron wants no part of facing western conference contenders in the playoffs. His stans embody this fear. Zion and Ingram/former Lakers he shipped out potentially beating LeBron spells disaster for his legacy.

RoseCity07
08-04-2020, 08:54 PM
Blazers had a pretty easy schedule before the break. We had Memphis 3 times with Nurkic and Collins coming back. Not to mention we lost Ariza.

NBA wants Pelicans in the first round.

ncrizzle
08-04-2020, 11:31 PM
Memphis is dead in the water with the Loss of JJJ. 8th and 9th could go any way

Shooter
08-05-2020, 01:05 AM
Once again, you can smell the fear in OP's post. LeBron wants no part of facing western conference contenders in the playoffs. His stans embody this fear. Zion and Ingram/former Lakers he shipped out potentially beating LeBron spells disaster for his legacy.

https://media.giphy.com/media/l0Ex5DzepQO7KjFa8/giphy.gif

ImKobe
08-05-2020, 02:35 AM

Zion would bully AD and BI would dismantle Le3/9 and the Lakers have no one to guard Zo.

iamgine
08-05-2020, 03:00 AM
seed. They're only half a game behind Portland.

https://i.gyazo.com/a0a63fa20eb8781c83657738f7ab6479.png

That's a joke.

Thats a Silver handpicked playoff spot right there :oldlol:

They had the hardest schedule before the season was postponed.

And they were supposed to have the easiest rest of season schedule.

So if they have the easiest schedule in the bubble, it's only fair.

ArbitraryWater
08-05-2020, 08:53 AM
They had the hardest schedule before the season was postponed.

And they were supposed to have the easiest rest of season schedule.

So if they have the easiest schedule in the bubble, it's only fair.

This is a very simplistic take :oldlol:

How about you compare what New Orleans and Portland played before COVID.. their schedules weren't much different.

Yet their bubble schedules are night and day.

Think before making your next post dude

ArbitraryWater
08-05-2020, 08:53 AM

wouldnt I be "afraid" of Portland thus not make the thread?

Nobody gives af about the Pelicans

ImKobe
08-05-2020, 09:36 AM

How about you compare what New Orleans and Portland played before COVID.. their schedules weren't much different.

Portland had played the Nuggets 2x, Clippers 2x, Lakers 3x, Rockets 3x, Mavs 3x, Jazz 3x prior to the bubble, they already played all the bad teams (except for Brooklyn, who they will face), plus not all 30 teams were invited, so how do you make it fair for everyone when it's basically just Playoff teams there anyway?

ArbitraryWater
08-05-2020, 09:55 AM
Portland had played the Nuggets 2x, Clippers 2x, Lakers 3x, Rockets 3x, Mavs 3x, Jazz 3x prior to the bubble, they already played all the bad teams (except for Brooklyn, who they will face), plus not all 30 teams were invited, so how do you make it fair for everyone when it's basically just Playoff teams there anyway?

well look at the pictures in the OP...

you don't do that

imdaman99
08-05-2020, 10:02 AM
OP I thought you didn't want the Lakers playing Portland :lol

ArbitraryWater
08-05-2020, 10:05 AM
OP I thought you didn't want the Lakers playing Portland :lol

I don't.

But whats fair should go first. :)

wont complain if it doesnt happen tho

tpols
08-05-2020, 11:40 AM
Thats actually ****ing insane... kings wizard magic while the blazers are having to go through celtics, rockets nuggets, clippers, sixers, mavericks.

Every team New Orleans is facing is a non playoff team, and EVERY team Portland is facing is a playoff team.

That's an outright rigging to get Zion to the playoffs. All about that money.

ArbitraryWater
08-05-2020, 02:59 PM
Thats actually ****ing insane... kings wizard magic while the blazers are having to go through celtics, rockets nuggets, clippers, sixers, mavericks.

Every team New Orleans is facing is a non playoff team, and EVERY team Portland is facing is a playoff team.

THATS WHAT IM SAYIN DUDE!! w

Marchesk
08-05-2020, 03:17 PM

And yet I'm a hater for pointing out the Zion hype train. Dude definitely has serious upside, but would the league bend over backward for Luka or Trae Young?

Undoubtedly, it's also the Lebron/AD NO trade tie-in. League would love to talk that up in the first round.

ImKobe
08-05-2020, 04:07 PM

How is it rigging, when the Pelicans played more tough games prior to the bubble & had the easiest remaining schedule anyways? They played the Clippers & Jazz so it's not like it's all bad teams. You don't want to be unfair to the other teams in the bubble and not make them play the Pels either. Also, Pelicans beat Portland 4 - 0, so is it their fault that the Blazers are in a bad spot?

tpols
08-05-2020, 04:26 PM
How is it rigging, when the Pelicans played more tough games prior to the bubble & had the easiest remaining schedule anyways? They played the Clippers & Jazz so it's not like it's all bad teams. You don't want to be unfair to the other teams in the bubble and not make them play the Pels either. Also, Pelicans beat Portland 4 - 0, so is it their fault that the Blazers are in a bad spot?

dude.... it is a BLATANT rigging. It couldn't have been more lopsided if they tried. I'm surprised silver didn't let them play the kings 8 times in a row. I could see if it was just a little better but youre talking about one team who going forward is playing all non-playoff teams or shit teams like the Magic and the other is having to face the absolute cream of the crop of the NBA. Memphis also has a brutal schedule too, so the rig is just totally out there in the open. Blaze are going to have to win out.

ImKobe
08-05-2020, 04:47 PM
dude.... it is a BLATANT rigging. It couldn't have been more lopsided if they tried. I'm surprised silver didn't let them play the kings 8 times in a row. I could see if it was just a little better but youre talking about one team who going forward is playing all non-playoff teams or shit teams like the Magic and the other is having to face the absolute cream of the crop of the NBA. Memphis also has a brutal schedule too, so the rig is just totally out there in the open. Blaze are going to have to win out.

How is it rigging? Their schedule would have been much easier than Portland's if the RS never got suspended anyways..

Original schedule for Portland

Tue 3/10 vs. Phoenix 7pm

Thur 3/12 vs. Memphis 7pm

Sun 3/15 vs. Houston 12:30pm ABC

Tue 3/17 vs. Minnesota 7pm

Thur 3/19 vs. Dallas 7pm

Sun 3/22 at Minnesota 4pm

Tue 3/24 at Charlotte 4pm

Wed 3/25 at Detroit 4pm

Fri 3/27 at Boston 4:30pm

Sun 3/29 at Philadelphia 4:30pm

Mon 3/30 at Brooklyn 4:30pm

Thur 4/2 vs. Utah 7:30pm TNT

Sun 4/5 vs. Memphis 6pm

Tue 4/7 vs. Cleveland 7pm

Thur 4/9 vs. Denver 7pm

Mon 4/13 at Golden State 7:30pm

Wed 4/15 vs. LA Clippers 7pm

Original schedule for Pelicans

Mar 11, 2020 @ Sacramento

Mar 13, 2020 @ Utah

Mar 14, 2020 @ L.A. Clippers

Mar 16, 2020 vs Atlanta

Mar 18, 2020 vs San Antonio

Mar 21, 2020 @ Memphis

Mar 22, 2020 vs Sacramento

Mar 24, 2020 vs Memphis

Mar 27, 2020 vs New York

Mar 29, 2020 @ Orlando

Mar 31, 2020 @ Atlanta

Apr 1, 2020 @ Washington

Apr 5, 2020 @ San Antonio

Apr 7, 2020 vs Charlotte

Apr 9, 2020 vs Phoenix

Apr 11, 2020 vs Philadelphia

Apr 13, 2020 vs Washington

Apr 15, 2020 @ San Antonio

So, from all the Playoff teams they would have faced, Portland ended up not playing the Jazz and the Pelicans ended up not playing the 76ers. Seems fair to me.

iamgine
08-05-2020, 04:52 PM

If that's the case then Portland need an easier schedule. Not New Orleans need a tougher schedule.

ArbitraryWater
08-05-2020, 04:58 PM
If that's the case then Portland need an easier schedule. Not New Orleans need a tougher schedule.

Sure who said no to that..

Either way, with not as many bad teams available, it would be easier to adjust New Orleans‘ schedule, comes out the same.

ArbitraryWater
08-05-2020, 04:59 PM
How is it rigging? Their schedule would have been much easier than Portland's if the RS never got suspended anyways..

Original schedule for Portland

Original schedule for Pelicans

So, from all the Playoff teams they would have faced, Portland ended up not playing the Jazz and the Pelicans ended up not playing the 76ers. Seems fair to me.

How is that supposed to prove the Pels‘ schedule was much easier?

You make no sense lol

ImKobe
08-05-2020, 05:03 PM
How is that supposed to prove the Pels‘ schedule was much easier?

You make no sense lol

How is it not? The Blazers had 9 Playoff teams out of 17 teams remaining, Pelicans only 6 out of 18. What do you want the league to do, make the Pels play the Lakers & Clippers for the 5th time to make it "fair" in your eyes?