PDA

View Full Version : Why are NBA and MLB ratings at an all time low

LAL
08-04-2020, 02:17 PM
https://thesportsrush.com/nba-news-nba-ratings-crash-why-are-nba-and-mlb-ratings-at-an-all-time-low-after-black-lives-matter-protests/

Shogon
08-04-2020, 02:21 PM
Probably in part due to BLM garbage but I think the large part is... no crowds.

No idea about MLB, haven't kept up with it... don't even know what they're doing, but the NBA?

The ratings should be at all time highs right now because people are locked in their homes more than ever before. Why would ratings be down? The product isn't as compelling without the crowd hype. That's my belief, anyways. Could be wrong.

Roundball_Rock
08-04-2020, 02:26 PM
They are in a weird situation where it is playoff-like but not the actual playoffs. I suspect a lot of more casual fans are simply waiting for the actual playoffs to start versus tuning in to see a seeding game, especially since seeding barely matters now. The NBA should have given the higher seed some tangible advantage.

Patrick Chewing
08-04-2020, 02:43 PM
I think it's because they aren't talking about social issues enough. The more social justice they can bring into the game, the more fans they will bring in. Trust me.

Mask the Embiid
08-04-2020, 03:05 PM
Still higher than Hockey and Nascar

and will always be....because we all know who the people want to watch and are in awe of....and its not a Norwegian, lets just say that :oldlol:

deep down dey know....dey know

Marchesk
08-04-2020, 03:31 PM
I think it's because they're not pushing the social justice and COVID safety messages enough. How can I keep my interest in basketball if every commercial and every commentary isn't about justice or wearing a mask? I keep getting distracted by the basketball and the not-silly virtual fans, who should all be holding signs. I end up forgetting the messages on the back of the player's jerseys, the court, and start of games, quarters and halves and commercial breaks.

The NBA really needs to do a better job. Otherwise, shut it down. Let's face. Nobody wants Lebron winning another title.

Also something about Zion.

Patrick Chewing
08-04-2020, 04:00 PM
More LeBron coverage and interviews also = Ratings!

ArbitraryWater
08-04-2020, 04:08 PM
Ppl dont fck with the BLM Festivals

FourthTenor
08-04-2020, 06:10 PM
Not gettin enough of this with my basketball

https://images.theconversation.com/files/344030/original/file-20200625-33515-18j39cs.jpg?ixlib=rb-1.1.0&rect=0%2C0%2C4184%2C2780&q=45&auto=format&w=496&fit=clip

NBA needs to woke up.