PDA

View Full Version : A volume 31.2% 3P shooter is leading the league's best offense

Marchesk
08-04-2020, 06:14 PM
2.8 of 9 threes per game. Can you imagine telling someone 10 years ago that a 20 year old European forward would be leading the league's best offense while taking that many threes at a low percentage, and putting up Larry Bird numbers?

Shit is insane. Warriors found the cheat code and now the game is broke. 3s are too valuable.

tpols
08-04-2020, 06:41 PM
What it comes down to is 3 pter's. Dallas has the 2nd most 3 pointers made in the league.

Seth Curry - 45%
Tim Hardaway - 40%
Dorian Finney-Smith - 38%
Max Kleber - 37%

That's why they are elite offense. The ability to hit the 3 team wide is a tremendous bonus that past eras didnt take advantage of. A shot worth 50% more is tremendous if perfected by all team members.

ralph_i_el
08-04-2020, 07:59 PM
Luka may not be hitting a high percentage, but he hits enough to make teams guard him behind the line, and a lot of those shots are bailout shots.

It kind of reminds me of how Jason Kidd would still take 3's even when his J was bad, because it forced teams to guard him further out. It makes running PnR's so much easier.

warriorfan
08-04-2020, 08:05 PM
Luka may not be hitting a high percentage, but he hits enough to make teams guard him behind the line, and a lot of those shots are bailout shots.

It kind of reminds me of how Jason Kidd would still take 3's even when his J was bad, because it forced teams to guard him further out. It makes running PnR's so much easier.

This. It’s a spacing thing and he uses them to keep the defense honest.