PDA

View Full Version : Sixers in a TUSSLE with the Wall/Beal-less Wizards

ArbitraryWater
08-05-2020, 05:32 PM
Yikes they are so bad

Had so much potential and future back in 2018

Shogon
08-05-2020, 05:34 PM
Simmons & Embiid don't fit... that's one... that aside... Elton Brand has completely decimated their chemistry with his putrid roster decisions... yeah, let's get rid of all the young shooters and defenders... lol... awesome. Idiot.

Even crazier though, they were one bounce away from potentially winning it all last year. Crazy to think about.

ArbitraryWater
08-05-2020, 05:37 PM
Simmons & Embiid don't fit... that's one... that aside... Elton Brand has completely decimated their chemistry with his putrid roster decisions... yeah, let's get rid of all the young shooters and defenders... lol... awesome. Idiot.

Even crazier though, they were one bounce away from potentially winning it all last year. Crazy to think about.

When they had Covington and Redick they had a formidable set-up..

If LeBron had joined them, that would hve been a dynasty.

Could have shopped Simmons for another piece as well of course.

Some fans (maybe even yourself) made the mistake of not wanting LeBron, like hey let this be their thing and not just another LeBron takeover.. but they'd have 2 chips now if LeBron had come. His mistake as well.

ArbitraryWater
08-05-2020, 05:39 PM
Sixers w/ 6 pts 7 mins into 3rd quarter

Shogon
08-05-2020, 05:41 PM
When they had Covington and Redick they had a formidable set-up..

If LeBron had joined them, that would hve been a dynasty.

Could have shopped Simmons for another piece as well of course.

Some fans (maybe even yourself) made the mistake of not wanting LeBron, like hey let this be their thing and not just another LeBron takeover.. but they'd have 2 chips now if LeBron had come. His mistake as well.

Simmons' future is too valuable to me for 3 or 4 years of a has been LeBron. It didn't matter though, he always planned to go to LA. Despite whatever he says, that much is obvious. Just like he lied about when he made his decision to join Miami. Dude had it planned out for AT LEAST a year, which is why he made the announcement a year early that he wasn't wearing 23 next year in the 2009-2010 season out of respect for Jordan (23 is retired in Miami)... then goes back to wearing 23 after he leaves, lmao.

KD7
08-05-2020, 05:42 PM
:roll::roll::roll:

KD7
08-05-2020, 05:43 PM
EmShrink getting outplayed by Thomas Bryant :roll:

ArbitraryWater
08-05-2020, 05:47 PM
Haha, never really noticed that with the jersey.. yea, giveaway probably.

But LeBron did say he never really considered Philly.

ArbitraryWater
08-05-2020, 05:54 PM
Simmons won't return

Lets see if Philly can hang on

Embiid bossing now

ralph_i_el
08-05-2020, 05:59 PM
Embiid could be the best player in the league RIGHT NOW with the correct lineup around him. Either Simmons or Embiid should be traded....and I'm not trading Embiid lol. Fleece the knicks for some picks or something. Get dinwiddie and levert from the nets or something. SHOOTERS.

fourkicks44
08-05-2020, 06:01 PM

It's easy to blame Elton.

I question how much of it is his decision. He is partly a puppet imho.

Ownership are morons and most of the Colangelo front office regieme are still there.

The team needs to be sold.

KD7
08-05-2020, 06:02 PM
lol Embiid will never be the best player in the league :oldlol:

ArbitraryWater
08-05-2020, 06:06 PM
Embiid could be the best player in the league RIGHT NOW with the correct lineup around him. Either Simmons or Embiid should be traded....and I'm not trading Embiid lol. Fleece the knicks for some picks or something. Get dinwiddie and levert from the nets or something. SHOOTERS.

Kyrie and Simmons?^^

Lebron23
08-05-2020, 06:07 PM
lol Embiid will never be the best player in the league :oldlol:

Perfect 2nd option for Team LeBron or Team KD. Sixers needs to surround him with 3 pointers shooters just what the Rockets and Spurs did to Hakeem and Duncan.

ArbitraryWater
08-05-2020, 06:10 PM
NBA Refs suck so much.. whistle whistle whistle. Attention needy ****s.

KD7
08-05-2020, 06:13 PM
EmBitch can't go a game without flopping around on the floor :rolleyes:

ArbitraryWater
08-05-2020, 06:15 PM
Refs are soft attention needy shits.. he swiped the fck outta that ball.

Any time a player falls, contortss, screams... whistle

KD7
08-05-2020, 06:18 PM
Wizards hanging in there

fourkicks44
08-05-2020, 06:24 PM
Joel's passing out of double and triple teams has been amazing in the bubble.

Taken it to the next level.

Manny98
08-05-2020, 06:26 PM
Wow these refs :facepalm

Wizards getting screwed over

ArbitraryWater
08-05-2020, 06:29 PM
Wow these refs :facepalm

Wizards getting screwed over

Not even close.. @ FTs on an Embiid block. Jumpball on Harris swipe.

There was smthing else too.

fourkicks44
08-05-2020, 06:33 PM
That offensive call on Embiid :roll:

The ref was asleep :roll:

What was he doing :roll:

RRR3
08-05-2020, 06:36 PM
Not watching the game, clicked this thread just to read through, and I have to comment here:

I agree that you should surround Embiid with as much as possible. But Dinwiddie (31.8% career from 3, 30.8% this year) is not a shooter. Good player though. Levert isn’t exactly Curry either (he is shooting 37.2% on 3s this year which is nice but his TS% is awful and his career 3PT% is an uninspiring 34%)

NBAGOAT
08-05-2020, 06:44 PM
just please trade for redick. The dribble handoff was so effective with embiid and in general with a good big and sharpshooter and so easy to run. We're seeing it with bam and duncan now.

ArbitraryWater
08-05-2020, 06:58 PM
just please trade for redick. The dribble handoff was so effective with embiid and in general with a good big and sharpshooter and so easy to run. We're seeing it with bam and duncan now.

Redick is 36 now and surely wont go back

Mask the Embiid
08-05-2020, 06:59 PM

No! we dont want that defensive liability back

stop trying to put scrubs on my team.I will gladly go with this non shooter line up with defense than to watch jason tatum score every single time he has that unathletic midget jj redick checking him....fk no...i never want to watch that again....

fourkicks44
08-05-2020, 07:12 PM
I feel I need to address a couple things here. I shouldn't have to but I will.

Firstly, Korkmaz, Shake, Burks, Tobias are all shooters.

Are they JJ? No, he is one of the best shooters of all time. Is it a mistake on Brand for letting him go. Probably?

But Mask also brings up a good point too. That 2018 team had way too many shooters and when it mattered they got burnt on defence, particularly JJ.

Sure the dribble hand off got some points at times but they were never winning a chip with that as their major offensive option.

Secondly, Simmons isn't the primary ball handler or offense intiator. He now plays PF and back up. Shake is the starting point guard. Plus Ben even shoots 3s now.

There are definitely some kinks to work out, and hopefully Ben's injury isn't too serious. The fact is they will be more equipped for the playoffs in grind it out series, with no homecourt against the same team night in/night off.

The seedings are virtually set. These games mean very little atm

NBAGOAT
08-05-2020, 07:20 PM

Are they JJ? No, he is one of the best shooters of all time. Is it a mistake on Brand for letting him go. Probably?

But Mask also brings up a good point too. That 2018 team had way too many shooters and when it mattered they got burnt on defence, particularly JJ.

Sure the dribble hand off got some points at times but they were never winning a chip with that as their major offensive option.

Secondly, Simmons isn't the primary ball handler or offense intiator. He now plays PF and back up. Shake is the starting point guard. Plus Ben even shoots 3s now.

There are definitely some kinks to work out, and hopefully Ben's injury isn't too serious. The fact is they will be more equipped for the playoffs in grind it out series, with no homecourt against the same team night in/night off.

yea the dribble handoffs cant carry the offense but they were one of the more efficient plays in basketball by ppp. When jj was playing with saric and bellinelli/ersan sure boston could exploit the defense but this roster is different. You have shooters but tobias is the only one sure to play big minutes in the playoffs, we'll see with shake. ben's not a floor spacer at all, 2 3's in a season just doesnt mean anything practically. I just dont have much trust in richardson even next year so fine with replacing his minutes. it doesnt have to be jj that was half joking but that type of player even with mediocre-poor defense is what philly should go after

RRR3
08-05-2020, 07:49 PM

“Ben shoots 3s now”?

He’s taken one in 3 games since play resumed and he missed it.

fourkicks44
08-05-2020, 08:06 PM
That's misleading considering he got injured in one game and in another was in foul trouble all game and fouled out.

Of course he is not Ray Allen but knowing where he started from and all things considered he has come along way in a short amount of time. It has completely changed the team dynamics.

ralph_i_el
08-06-2020, 05:19 AM
Not watching the game, clicked this thread just to read through, and I have to comment here:

I agree that you should surround Embiid with as much as possible. But Dinwiddie (31.8% career from 3, 30.8% this year) is not a shooter. Good player though. Levert isn’t exactly Curry either (he is shooting 37.2% on 3s this year which is nice but his TS% is awful and his career 3PT% is an uninspiring 34%)

Dinwiddie shoots a lot of unassisted pull up 3's. Those are tougher shots, but every offense needs a guy who can pull those these days. It's similar to Luka. A bit less than half of Dinwiddie and Levert's 3's are from assists, meaning they create 3's 1-on-1.

Simmons should be able to get you some good pieces. Guys who can shoot AND play D.

ralph_i_el
08-06-2020, 05:20 AM
That's misleading considering he got injured in one game and in another was in foul trouble all game and fouled out.

Of course he is not Ray Allen but knowing where he started from and all things considered he has come along way in a short amount of time. It has completely changed the team dynamics.

He ain't even John Wall yet there bud.

coin24
08-06-2020, 09:01 AM
Been saying for years they need a decent coach..