PDA

View Full Version : GT: Blazers vs Nuggets

AirTupac
08-06-2020, 01:24 PM
Huge game. This is actually one of my favorite matchups in the NBA. Its been lowkey a nice feud between them since a couple years ago when Blazers knocked Nuggets out of playoffs and took 8th seed right after they got Nurkic from them.

imdaman99
08-06-2020, 01:29 PM
Let's go Jokic and MPJ :rockon:

NugzFan
08-06-2020, 01:30 PM
big game...sort of. without homecourt to play for, 3-6 seeds is pretty much all the same. portland needs the win more since they are fighting for a playoff spot with a few other teams.

I hope some of our guards will play today. especially since we played last night. we need some more bodies.

NugzFan
08-06-2020, 01:31 PM
Let's go Jokic and MPJ :rockon:

I dont know if we can get 3 straight big games from those two. would be nice but I have a feeling if the game isnt too close in the 3rd, malone will pull them and play our bench more. he has hinted at this a lot (seeding doesnt matter, get healthy does, etc).

I expect to see more of guys like cook, KBD, vonleh, daniels...

AirTupac
08-06-2020, 01:41 PM
big game...sort of. without homecourt to play for, 3-6 seeds is pretty much all the same. portland needs the win more since they are fighting for a playoff spot with a few other teams.

I hope some of our guards will play today. especially since we played last night. we need some more bodies.

With MPJ rising and Bol. What do you think is the best route for Nuggets? Develop everyone? Or package some young guys for a legit star to add. Im thinking the latter. I dont trust the MPJ genetic line.

DoctorP
08-06-2020, 01:48 PM
lets go blazers!!! rooting for em

AirTupac
08-06-2020, 01:49 PM
lets go blazers!!! rooting for em

Im a big fan of their team.

DoctorP
08-06-2020, 01:51 PM
Im a big fan of their team.

they are stacked. mcollum and lillard are the best perimeter duo in the league. great frontcourt too

NugzFan
08-06-2020, 02:33 PM
With MPJ rising and Bol. What do you think is the best route for Nuggets? Develop everyone? Or package some young guys for a legit star to add. Im thinking the latter. I dont trust the MPJ genetic line.

ive been a big proponent of consolidations for a few years now - problem is, for who? which stars are even available? stars dont come on the market very often.

if the right deal doesnt come along I like what we are doing - bringing them slowly until they are ready. no need to rush bol - we have a ton of front court players that can play now.

NuggetsFan
08-06-2020, 03:38 PM
I’d sit Jokic if I was Denver. Lakers are the biggest competition in the West. We want Portland getting the 8th seed IMO. With a healthy Nurkic they could atleast push L.A abit. Nuggets Down 3 starters. B2B. Been riding Jokic/MPJ really hard for seeding games.

Nurkic/Jokic is always fun to watch. Second behind KAT/Jokic for me.

NugzFan
08-06-2020, 03:46 PM
I’d sit Jokic if I was Denver. Lakers are the biggest competition in the West. We want Portland getting the 8th seed IMO. With a healthy Nurkic they could atleast push L.A abit. Nuggets Down 3 starters. B2B. Been riding Jokic/MPJ really hard for seeding games.

Nurkic/Jokic is always fun to watch. Second behind KAT/Jokic for me.

agreed.

I bet jokic plays under 20 minutes.

tpols
08-06-2020, 04:04 PM
have you guys had any luck finding streams? i cant find one for any game for the life of me.

NugzFan
08-06-2020, 04:16 PM
millsap, harris, barton out.

murray and daniels are questionable.

lol - we may have zero guards available. (edit: forgot we have morris avaiable)

jokic/bol backcourt incoming

Im so nba'd out
08-06-2020, 04:25 PM
Nurk is gonna maul Jokic if he doesnt get in foul trouble

NuggetsFan
08-06-2020, 04:34 PM
Nurk is gonna maul Jokic if he doesnt get in foul trouble

Nuggets are 5-2 in the Jokic/Nurkic matchup. Jokic has outplayed him in 5 games, and Nurkic has outplayed him 2 I'd say. There last matchup Jokic dropped something like 40/10/8 on 65% shooting.

Nurkic absolutely gets up to face Jokic tho. Rightfully so. We tried to start them together, than benched Jokic, than Jokic stole Nurkic's job and Nurkic asked to be traded. I wouldn't be shocked if he took it to him tonight. Back to back for Jokic and missing a bunch of players. The thing that's always left out when they play eachother is Jokic is the main focus of the Portland defense, the Nuggets primary concern is always Lillard. If you swapped Lillard/Murray the Nuggets are likely the favorites to come out of the Western Conference.

NugzFan
08-06-2020, 04:48 PM
Nuggets are 5-2 in the Jokic/Nurkic matchup. Jokic has outplayed him in 5 games, and Nurkic has outplayed him 2 I'd say. There last matchup Jokic dropped something like 40/10/8 on 65% shooting.

Nurkic absolutely gets up to face Jokic tho. Rightfully so. We tried to start them together, than benched Jokic, than Jokic stole Nurkic's job and Nurkic asked to be traded. I wouldn't be shocked if he took it to him tonight. Back to back for Jokic and missing a bunch of players. The thing that's always left out when they play eachother is Jokic is the main focus of the Portland defense, the Nuggets primary concern is always Lillard. If you swapped Lillard/Murray the Nuggets are likely the favorites to come out of the Western Conference.

definitely. nurkic cares way more about this head to head matchup than jokic, who doesnt seem to care about a lot.

AirTupac
08-06-2020, 07:49 PM
definitely. nurkic cares way more about this head to head matchup than jokic, who doesnt seem to care about a lot.

Thats just cause he always looks lackadaisical. Jokic knows its beef (only in game) and he'll try his best. I think theyre still friends tho.

NugzFan
08-06-2020, 08:10 PM
Are we friends now? Look at us, talking basketball. :cheers:

NuggetsFan
08-06-2020, 08:11 PM
Thats just cause he always looks lackadaisical. Jokic knows its beef (only in game) and he'll try his best. I think theyre still friends tho.

Yeah I think Nurkic just plays with an edge on most nights, and with the Nuggets it comes out even more so makes it obvious. You can tell he's looking to score more than usual. Was always my favorite part of his game. Jokic just comes out like it's any other night. It's similar with KAT. Towns is always trying to destroy him and Jokic just does his usual laid back play with his usual complaining about calls :lol

Millsap now sitting out for the Nuggets too. Blazers really can't afford to lose this game if they wanna make the playoffs, Nuggets crazy shorthanded.

Dave3
08-06-2020, 08:20 PM
This league is a lot more fun with Porter finally getting minutes.

insidehoops
08-06-2020, 08:20 PM
Mid 1Q: Nuggets up 20-12.

Michael Porter Jr continues to go wild. He's already 4 of 5 for 10 points in six minutes.

insidehoops
08-06-2020, 08:22 PM
Michael Porter Jr. is already 4 of 5 for 10 points, 4 rebounds, 1 assist, 1 block and 1 steal in six minutes.

AirTupac
08-06-2020, 08:47 PM
Are we friends now? Look at us, talking basketball. :cheers:

Haha I hold no grudge on the internet. Cheers :cheers:

FVCK MPJ MAN lol

AirTupac
08-06-2020, 09:01 PM
Lmao I knew Nurk would step it up. Love this match up so much.

Axe
08-06-2020, 09:04 PM
It seems like the trailblazers are hellbent in proving that they deserve the last seed in the wc

RoseCity07
08-06-2020, 09:11 PM
Nurkic murdered bol bol and then Trent Jr came in and locked Porter Jr down.

Axe
08-06-2020, 09:26 PM
Portland still leading by at least 10 points

RoseCity07
08-06-2020, 09:29 PM
Denver is hanging around. Blazers might pace themselves for the 4th. Stotts just waiting for Denver bench to come in

Doranku
08-06-2020, 09:34 PM
Where are all of Denver's players? I feel like I haven't seen Barton or Murray at all in the bubble. Could be wrong of course.

Axe
08-06-2020, 09:35 PM
Denver trying to cut the lead now

NuggetsFan
08-06-2020, 09:38 PM
Where are all of Denver's players? I feel like I haven't seen Barton or Murray at all in the bubble. Could be wrong of course.

Injured. A bunch of our team showed up late for the bubble tho. Right now were down 4 starters lol

NuggetsFan
08-06-2020, 09:40 PM
Malone going with a lineup with no Jokic or MPJ is basically tanking at this point. Damn.

Doranku
08-06-2020, 09:40 PM
Real talk I don't wanna see this Dame guy in the first round. :lol Man is on a mission out there.

Axe
08-06-2020, 09:41 PM
Yeah, even daniels isn't there to play too.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
08-06-2020, 09:43 PM
Real talk I don't wanna see this Dame guy in the first round. :lol Man is on a mission out there.

When dude starts cooking, you gotta watch your six. He'll pull up from anywhere.

Doranku
08-06-2020, 09:45 PM
Alright I feel a little less scared watching their defense get picked apart by Dozier and Plumlee.

Doranku
08-06-2020, 09:47 PM
lmao there are always multiple virtual fans just passed out whenever they pan the camera to them

NuggetsFan
08-06-2020, 09:49 PM
No idea how this Denver lineup is chipping away. Big missed opportunity by Portland not to run this lineup outta the gym with Lillard on the floor and no MPJ/Jokic.

RoseCity07
08-06-2020, 09:52 PM
Simons has been one of the worst players in the nba by advanced stats. I wish they’d play Nassir little instead.

RoseCity07
08-06-2020, 09:57 PM
That looked like a good block by bol bol but I’m happy Denver is wasting their challenge here. In a game this close they don’t have it in the final minutes

DoctorP
08-06-2020, 09:58 PM
going down to the wire

DoctorP
08-06-2020, 10:00 PM
tough layup by porter

RoseCity07
08-06-2020, 10:02 PM
Whiteside killed us

DoctorP
08-06-2020, 10:02 PM
looks like Bol and Porter are going to be in Denvers future

RoseCity07
08-06-2020, 10:14 PM
Lillard has do way too much

Axe
08-06-2020, 10:15 PM
Portland needs to hold onto that lead to close the gap with memphis

RoseCity07
08-06-2020, 10:18 PM
Not over but we have a little cushion. Denver hanging tough all game

NuggetsFan
08-06-2020, 10:20 PM
Honestly if I was a team in the NBA playoff race I'd say something about what Denver did tonight. I'd get it if Portland had a 10-15 point lead or whatever but Denver had a legit shot at grabbing the win.

Malone left Morris, Jokic, and Grant on the bench for the entire 4th. Didn't even try and hide it.

Proctor
08-06-2020, 10:20 PM
Gary Trent Jr is going to be the best 3 and D player in the league in no time.

NuggetsFan
08-06-2020, 10:23 PM
I can't even believe what I'm watching. Malone is straight up tanking this game. Wild.

AirTupac
08-06-2020, 10:23 PM
Bosnian BEAST

NuggetsFan
08-06-2020, 10:24 PM
He even yanked MPJ lmao ... what an absolute bitch move by the Nuggets. If your going to rest your players, rest them before the game.

RoseCity07
08-06-2020, 10:29 PM
Denver pulled the plug early but I’m glad. We need these wins and with our unfair schedule we take what we can get. It was a good game. Lillard 11 threes is insane. This guy is doing it all.

DoctorP
08-06-2020, 10:30 PM
Portland's stock going up

NBAGOAT
08-06-2020, 10:32 PM
He even yanked MPJ lmao ... what an absolute bitch move by the Nuggets. If your going to rest your players, rest them before the game.

you think they want the lakers more than the clips? The risk is I think utah is falling to 6 and they're the easiest matchup in the 1st rd imo

NuggetsFan
08-06-2020, 10:33 PM
Denver pulled the plug early but I’m glad. We need these wins and with our unfair schedule we take what we can get. It was a good game. Lillard 11 threes is insane. This guy is doing it all.

We didn't pull the plug, we tanked. We had the lead at one point in the 4th. We were right there. Not like we were 8 and pulled the plug. Malone never put Jokic in after midway in the 3rd. Never put Grant or Morris in during the 4th. Yanked MPJ early where at one point it was still just a 6 point game.

I want Portland in to destroy the Lakers but that's some straight up bullshit Malone just pulled. Like I'd get it if we were down 8-9 points. I wanted them to rest Jokic before the game. It was 106-105 Denver with 5:38 minutes remaining and Malone didn't even try and win.

Axe
08-06-2020, 10:36 PM
Now they're tied with memphis for team wins

RoseCity07
08-06-2020, 10:37 PM
Denver’s spit isn’t so secure right? Don’t they need wins?

RoseCity07
08-06-2020, 10:38 PM
We didn't pull the plug, we tanked. We had the lead at one point in the 4th. We were right there. Not like we were 8 and pulled the plug. Malone never put Jokic in after midway in the 3rd. Never put Grant or Morris in during the 4th. Yanked MPJ early where at one point it was still just a 6 point game.

I want Portland in to destroy the Lakers but that's some straight up bullshit Malone just pulled. Like I'd get it if we were down 8-9 points. I wanted them to rest Jokic before the game. It was 106-105 Denver with 5:38 minutes remaining and Malone didn't even try and win.

Yeah Porter was playing well. Don’t know why he pulled him.

NuggetsFan
08-06-2020, 10:42 PM

I don't think Malone really cares about seeding. Even than tho why not get MPJ some late game experience? I dunno. Strange move by the Nuggets. I'm guessing they want Portland in to test L.A? Kinda ballsy thinking that far ahead.

Minute restrictions that were set before the game maybe. Even than he had MPJ in during the 4th and waiting to pull him near the end. Nuggets were leading with 5:30 minutes remaining, and only down 2 with like 4 minutes and change left. I honestly don't think I've ever seen in game tanking like that. Before the game? Sure. Calling it early on a b2b during the 3rd when your down 10-11 points. Doing it with the lead tho/right there with them was crazy to watch.

RoseCity07
08-06-2020, 10:44 PM
I don't think Malone really cares about seeding. Even than tho why not get MPJ some late game experience? I dunno. Strange move by the Nuggets. I'm guessing they want Portland in to test L.A? Kinda ballsy thinking that far ahead.

Minute restrictions that were set before the game maybe. Even than he had MPJ in during the 4th and waiting to pull him near the end. Nuggets were leading with 5:30 minutes remaining, and only down 2 with like 4 minutes and change left. I honestly don't think I've ever seen in game tanking like that. Before the game? Sure. Calling it early on a b2b during the 3rd when your down 10-11 points. Doing it with the lead tho/right there with them was crazy to watch.

If he doesn’t care I’d pull him too. Because then he’ll be playing crunch time with starters. It would
mean more to play crunch time with the squad they intend to close games.

NugzFan
08-06-2020, 10:49 PM
Damn impressed on how hard the guys fought today. Down 4 starters and jokic barely played. And we were in it until the last few minutes.

And we were on the second of a b2b. And Portland has everything to play for.

Should have never been close but the bench guys played their butts off.

NugzFan
08-06-2020, 10:58 PM
Honestly if I was a team in the NBA playoff race I'd say something about what Denver did tonight. I'd get it if Portland had a 10-15 point lead or whatever but Denver had a legit shot at grabbing the win.

Malone left Morris, Jokic, and Grant on the bench for the entire 4th. Didn't even try and hide it.

Meh. Teams do this all the time
Utah is holding out all their players tomorrow

Besides those guys played well. They deserved to close it out

NugzFan
08-06-2020, 10:59 PM

Not as important as health. There is no home court

big baller
08-06-2020, 11:00 PM
Nurkic makes this Blazers team 10 times better....it's night and day.

Might be a scary matchup for the Lakers in the 1st round, tbh. I still have faith in the Lakers though.

NuggetsFan
08-06-2020, 11:12 PM
Meh. Teams do this all the time
Utah is holding out all their players tomorrow

Besides those guys played well. They deserved to close it out

Teams don't do that all the time at all. They'll rest players before a game. Pull the plug earlier in a game. Like on the 1st game of a b2b if you get down 10-12 late in the 3rd maybe. Malone put MPJ back into the game during the 4th quarter. It's not like he sat everyone in the 4th. Uncommon move to play a guy like MPJ for most of the 4th than straight up pull him outta the game after he's hit a few big 3's.

It was still a competitive game with 4 minutes left. Nuggets had the lead with 5 minutes. Jokic had already logged 24 minutes. MPJ was already in the game at that point.

NugzFan
08-06-2020, 11:16 PM
Teams don't do that all the time at all. They'll rest players before a game. Pull the plug earlier in a game. Like on the 1st game of a b2b if you get down 10-12 late in the 3rd maybe. Malone put MPJ back into the game during the 4th quarter. It's not like he sat everyone in the 4th. Uncommon move to play a guy like MPJ for most of the 4th than straight up pull him outta the game after he's hit a few big 3's.

It was still a competitive game with 4 minutes left. Nuggets had the lead with 5 minutes. Jokic had already logged 24 minutes. MPJ was already in the game at that point.

To me tanking is tanking

RoseCity07
08-07-2020, 12:10 AM
Watching the replay Porter was actually still in the game as Blazers went up 10 with 3 minutes to go. I thought he came out at the 5 minute mark.