PDA

View Full Version : You tell me who is going to be the 8th seed out West

Marchesk
08-06-2020, 06:37 PM
https://i.postimg.cc/nzJ0TzDB/West-race-for-8th-seed.png

Suns have actually just finished wining their fourth bubble game in a row, so subtract a half game from 8th for them. Portland looks like they might be in the driver seat, but they do have Nuggets, Clippers, 76ers and Mavs before finishing up with Nets. Looks like we'll have a 8-9 play-in, but it's anyone's guess which two of the six teams it will be with Grizzlies in free fall.

tpols
08-06-2020, 06:42 PM
Honestly, looking at the schedules... I think the Spurs make it with Kings a close 2nd. As crazy as it sounds. Portland is easily the best team out of the bunch, but their schedule is absolutely brutal. They pretty much have to win out vs the best teams in the league. Take a look at Sacramento's schedule... they have a puff piece road. What a shame it would be that they make it over the Blazers given the immense talent disparity. Silver reaaaally ****ed Portland.

HBK_Kliq_2
08-06-2020, 06:43 PM
Blazers for sure, they have a superstar in lillard, two big man combo at center, McCollum, and carmello buying into his role. They have the best upset potential on lakers as well. Grizzles suck and haven't even won a game in the bubble yet. The rest of the teams are too much of a long shot.

Marchesk
08-06-2020, 06:45 PM
Blazers for sure, they have a superstar in lillard, two big man combo at center, McCollum, and carmello buying into his role. They have the best upset potential on lakers as well. Grizzles suck and haven't even won a game in the bubble yet. The rest of the teams are too much of a long shot.

Blazers won't gain a four game lead over the pack. Grizzlies were only team that was a legitimate possibility, but not now. So Portland would still have to beat the 9th seed once, I think.

Marchesk
08-06-2020, 06:47 PM
Honestly, looking at the schedules... I think the Spurs make it with Kings a close 2nd. As crazy as it sounds. Portland is easily the best team out of the bunch, but their schedule is absolutely brutal. They pretty much have to win out vs the best teams in the league. Take a look at Sacramento's schedule... they have a puff piece road. What a shame it would be that they make it over the Blazers given the immense talent disparity. Silver reaaaally ****ed Portland.

They can make it in going 3-2. Should beat the Nets and Philly is down Simmons. They can take one more game off Denver or Mavs. Maybe Clippers load manage that game. But you never know in the Bubble. Watch the Nets pull a stupid upset to keep Portland out.

tpols
08-06-2020, 06:49 PM
They can make it in going 3-2. Should beat the Nets and Philly is down Simmons. They can take one more game off Denver or Mavs. Maybe Clippers load manage that game. But you never know in the Bubble. Watch the Nets pull a stupid upset to keep Portland out.

Hopefully... but I wouldnt be surprised if the other teams sneaked in.

ArbitraryWater
08-06-2020, 06:49 PM

Kings have 4 all-star talents in Fox/Bogdanovic/Hield/Barnes.

ArbitraryWater
08-06-2020, 06:51 PM

Damn thats right.

Denver today missing top 3 guards.
Phily without Simmons.
Clippers have little to play for.
Mavericks have NOTHING to play for.
Nets are a joke.

A lot easier than one would think at first sight

Marchesk
08-06-2020, 06:54 PM
What would be funny is for Memphis to back their way in with half game lead at 8, and four other teams somehow end up tied at 9. You know the Pelicans would somehow win that tie breaker. Ensue controversy and fan conspiracy talk.

But actually I'm rooting for Portland as the best team of the bunch and most likely to give Lakers a first round challenge.

DOUBLE DRIBBLE
08-06-2020, 07:07 PM
The Suns most likely to get the 8th spot... hottest team in the bubble right now. They got nothing to lose and playing with a chip on their shoulder. lol @ everyone that said they didn’t deserve and belong there. Truth of the matter is... if they invited all the teams to the bubble and played out the whole 82 game schedule for every team the Suns would easily make the playoffs as 8th seed.

HylianNightmare
08-06-2020, 07:12 PM
Blazers schedule sucks. Like the spurs to get in

tpols
08-06-2020, 07:20 PM
Damn thats right.

Denver today missing top 3 guards.
Phily without Simmons.
Clippers have little to play for.
Mavericks have NOTHING to play for.
Nets are a joke.

A lot easier than one would think at first sight

Denver still has Jokic and MPJ. Clippers play the blazers in two days... I'd expect they dont start resting til the last couple games. Philly without Simmons is still very dangerous (perhaps more) and they are battling hard for seeding. Mavericks might load manage, but honestly that's a ****ing joke to be load managing over 8 games after a 5 month layoff. That should be illegal.

Axe
08-06-2020, 07:32 PM
I feel like the blazers are bound to clinch it. Sorry morant but better luck next time unless your team's really lucky enough in the following weeks.

NuggetsFan
08-06-2020, 07:40 PM
Denver still has Jokic and MPJ. Clippers play the blazers in two days... I'd expect they dont start resting til the last couple games. Philly without Simmons is still very dangerous (perhaps more) and they are battling hard for seeding. Mavericks might load manage, but honestly that's a ****ing joke to be load managing over 8 games after a 5 month layoff. That should be illegal.

Nuggets are going to be without Murray, Harris, Barton, Millsap. That's 4 out of 5 starters. We played yesterday and given all the players were down that could be an issue. I honestly wouldn't be shocked to see Malone limit Jokic's minutes at some point tonight if Portland gets ahead in the 3rd or something.

Portland with a healthy Nurkic should be able to grab the 8th seed, and I think there the best team out of the bunch and the team the Lakers are hoping don't get it.